[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any good reason for me not to join the Catholic Church?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: 1442278859213.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1442278859213.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
Is there any good reason for me not to join the Catholic Church?

I want fellowship with other believers, but I also want to be able to go into a church and just pray without having to talk to the old lady about all her problems, and not have people nag me about my personal issues.

I just like having a place where I can sit and pray and love God.
>>
Once you surrender yourself to God and Jesus Christ then you will be accepted. The flock of the Church is a good way to meet friends and network too. If you don't want to be bothered then just don't talk to people. But people will come up to you in Church no matter what. So just be courteous and friendly when they do.
>>
>>71007785

I'm extremely extroverted.

I just feel like a lot of people in protestant churches want to know too much about my business, my personal life.

I love to make friends, but at the same time I can be a private person as well and people can get super nosy.

I've never sat in a Catholic Church praying and had someone interrupt me.
>>
Protestantism, specifically Evangelicalism is the only non cucked denomination.
>>
File: immersion_items_8592.jpg (165 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
immersion_items_8592.jpg
165 KB, 1024x773
>>71007342
Devout Catholic here,
If you are to join the Catholic Church, please leave this foul website immediately.
Repent, and be saved from eternal damnation.
>>
Pagan controlling Jewish religion

Turn the other cheek is the personificiation of "lets control and neutralize the pagans"
>>
>>71007911

t. Oliver Cuckwell
>>
>>71007342
What fucking old lady are you fucking on about, you fuck?
>>
>>71007342
Make a shrine at home.

The Papist organization is Satanic, you don't want to serve it.
>>
>>71007911

I feel like Protestant Pastors tend to be just as sexually perverted and deviant as Catholic Priests, so it's definitely cucked.

Also, I feel like the Protestants are very weird about certain things. Like how the Book of Jude was almost removed from the Bible because it mentioned the Book of Enoch.

I read the Book of Enoch, and that book literally described Jesus word for word, and it's a pre old-testament book found along with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

>Book of Enoch chapter 63

"For from the beginning the Son of Man was hidden,
And the Most High preserved him in the presence of His might,
And revealed him to the elect."

" And all the kings and the mighty and the exalted and those who rule the earth
Shall fall down before him on their faces,
And worship and set their hope upon that Son of Man,
And petition him and supplicate for mercy at his hands."
>>
>>71007342
You will find old ladies everywhere anon.

Why don't you go pray when the church is open, usually all day long
>>
>>71007981
Says the guy on the website.
>>
>>71008477

Don't fall for bait anon.
>>
I actually am thinking about converting recently as well. I bought a rosary and a few pocket bibles and prayer books from amazon. Obviously having catholic things doesn't make me a catholic, but I intend to follow up in my research and eventually join a church.

There are a lot of roman catholic churches near me.
>>
>>71007342
Catholic here. Honestly I don't even care much about religion (obviously I care enough not to drop Catholicism though). Best perk are the church girls, the purest form of women.

If you live in a white neoghborhood, the more conservative Catholic girls will wear sun dresses and it looks pretty cute. The younger generation doesn't really care that much, but they still fet forced to dress nicely by their parents.

Brown churches are disgusting. Asian churches are the same. And black churches are like an obesity convention.
>>
>>71009399
the only reason im still catholic is i dont care enough about religion to join any others and i enjoy christmas and easter some years

and it doesnt hurt to belong to a group, never know when thats gonna come in handy
>>
>>71009507
Yeah, basically the same for me. Some good stuff does come out of it, mainly Christmas
>>
>>71009399

>Sun dresses
>Purest form of women
>Cute

Wasn't even interested for those reasons, but those sound like wonderful perks.

It'd be nice to date girls who share my values to some extent.
>>
>>71007342
Look into the Eastern Orthodox Church as well OP before you make a decision. I was very close to considering Catholicism until I read "The Orthodox Way" by Ware. A week later I emailed the Priest at our local Orthodox church and a few weeks after that I was on my way to conversion.

Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>71010119

I've thought about that too.
>>
I was baptized as a Methodist. Would I need to get rebaptized?
>>
>>71011450

No you wouldn't have to be baptized again if I remember correctly.

The Catholic Church seems to generally accept the baptism of other Christians/Protestants.
>>
File: John_Martin_-_Sodom_and_Gomorrah.jpg (1017 KB, 2863x1830) Image search: [Google]
John_Martin_-_Sodom_and_Gomorrah.jpg
1017 KB, 2863x1830
>>71007342
They practice the opposite to what the bible instructs. It's satan's christian ruse.

The video explains it all. Watch it like your salvation depends on it because it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzrVCdtJ1WQ
>>
>>71011722

That's an hour long famalam.
>>
File: 1460656534260.jpg (183 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1460656534260.jpg
183 KB, 1200x1500
>>71011722
>Anderson
>>
File: 1445878703023.jpg (49 KB, 498x486) Image search: [Google]
1445878703023.jpg
49 KB, 498x486
>christcucks

You larping crusaders are absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>71011450
I just completed RCIA last year. Nah, you don't have to get baptized again, once is enough.

I prefer Latin Mass. It's as close to hanging with redpilled people as I will ever get.

I just got back from Eastern Europe. The Orthodox are farrrrrrr from being some devout, perfect church. Don't believe the /pol/ hype. They're alright, but honestly they have their own problems just like RC.

Protip: Go to the whitest church you can find or else it will be overrun with mexis and flips.
>>
>>71007342
are you a child or do you have a child?

Avoiding you or your child being raped is a p good reason
>>
File: pope cuck.jpg (46 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
pope cuck.jpg
46 KB, 615x409
>>71007342
>cucklic church
>>
>>71011819
You cant give the Lord of all things 1 hour? i can only show you the path. You can follow it or burn.
>>
>>71012038
I'm 21, so I'm a bit young and don't wanna get married yet.

But nah I don't buy that.

I know that Catholic Churches have a bunch of pedos for their Priests and I'd never allow my kid to hang out with Priests or Pastors alone.

That goes for Protestant Churches as well, Pastors in Protestant Churches tend to be just as weird and/or fruity and I've seen a lot of them fall apart because the Pastor molested or had an affair.

The difference is that with Protestant Churches they can all disavow any relation to the other Churches that had that happen, so they aren't collectively blamed as much.
>>
>>71007981
Why are you here? Besides CP of little boys of course.
>>
>>71012176
>The difference is that with Protestant Churches they can all disavow any relation to the other Churches that had that happen, so they aren't collectively blamed as much.
the old pope threatened priests with excommunication if they went to the police about their colleagues raping children.
>>
Protties are much more likely to want to get to know you and your business and run up to you and say hello with a welcome pack.

I've never seen a Catholic church do anything like that. You have to go out of your way to get to know people there. You also won't get a pencil and mug with the church name on it like I got from a Baptist church(but it was admittedly very nice of them, and came with some free candy).
>>71012304
talked to a well known guy I can't reveal that attended seminary in the 40's. He said if a homo got through somehow, they'd throw him in a monk cell to pray for souls in purgatory until he got sick of it and left the church. Jews and their supporters(reds) let all the faggots in the church in the 50's and subverted it, of course.
>>
>>71012304

Well I don't doubt that.

But I remember that the Pharisees of Jerusalem were incredibly corrupt in the days of Jesus, and probably were corrupt for decades before Jesus had appeared.

Yet they were the leaders of the faith, and the people were trying to follow God. Despite having many corrupt leaders.

Even King David of Israel, who was said to be beloved by God had his entire Kingdom taken from him as punishment for having his own Lieutenant killed just so he could steal his wife.
>>
File: cuckcelot.jpg (121 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
cuckcelot.jpg
121 KB, 640x960
Lemme fix that historically unacceptable pic
>>
>>71012653

Are you the guy who posts pedo threads?
>>
File: 1459730126965-pol.jpg (199 KB, 2048x1508) Image search: [Google]
1459730126965-pol.jpg
199 KB, 2048x1508
>>71012814
No I like girls that are older.
14-15 age.
>>
>>71012945

Okay man.
>>
>>71012653
>Turkey

Shitposting before you get smacked again?
>>
File: cuckroach_aviation.jpg (59 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
cuckroach_aviation.jpg
59 KB, 600x363
>>71013254
Hello my white friend.We whites have it hard dont we?
>>
>>71007342
>Is there any good reason for me not to join the Catholic Church?
It's cucked beyond believe. It always had somewhat of a slave mentality, but at least back then that was countered by people being forced to face reality.
>>
>>71013524

To me the true reality is that in the end, all of the evil on the earth will be dealt with by God.

The battle is the Lords.
>>
>>71007342
>just like having a place where I can sit and pray and love God

Why do you require a church, of any sort, for this?

Don't you believe that God is always with you, that wherever you are you can pray and love God?

Of course, don't be an autistc asshole about it and put on a drama queen clown show in everyone else's face. Praying and loving God does not mean you get to shove your religion into other peoples' lives.

A church is where you go to participate in a mind control circus with other retards of your kind. Like the little old lady who bothers you so much.

Spirituality, prayer and loving your God are what you do with every other moment of your life. You're doing it right when no one else knows that, except you and your God.
>>
>>71007342
Being on pol makes me wish I was not an atheist but I cannot for the life of me accept such a cheap cop out as an explanation for life, the universe and everything.

But I don't care about those who do, each to their own it is your choice to make with what you believe. I would probably rather follow the concept of norse paganism/odinism
>>
>>71014040

Well, I also think it's good to have fellowship with other believers.

>>71014054

>cheap cop

I don't think it's so cheap to believe that there is something greater than us.

At the very least, it is not logical to be purely atheist but an agnostic-atheist who accepts that there is the possibility of a higher power even if it can't be necessarily proven.

You can work your way from there.

I study this sort of thing a lot. You could actually ask me questions.
>>
File: english_traditional_simplified.jpg (50 KB, 526x409) Image search: [Google]
english_traditional_simplified.jpg
50 KB, 526x409
>>71014054
Human experience is incompatible with the existence of God.
Deal with it...
>>
File: 1456671074917.png (48 KB, 360x970) Image search: [Google]
1456671074917.png
48 KB, 360x970
>>71014389
>>
>>71014054
I struggle with the whole existentialness of the whole thing, but I decided to become catholic to be part of a group and help christians around the world. There is an idealogical war being fought around the world and I was tired of being on the sidelines.

I have a much more positive outlook on life and myself than I did before hand. I'm not sure if I would call it the "Light of god" but I also feel a lot brighter and stronger than I used to. More focused I guess. Maybe it's all circumstantial, but I am going to jump in and see where it takes me.

I still talk to god even when I was a total fedora just last week. I don't get answered, but it's comforting to pray anyways.

As for catholic churches, I'm a little concerned about the structure. I want to be catholic, but I've never been one for rules and chanting and shit. Idk.

I just want to make a difference.
>>
File: Osmanli_Imparatorlugu_1300_1923.gif (217 KB, 1104x834) Image search: [Google]
Osmanli_Imparatorlugu_1300_1923.gif
217 KB, 1104x834
>>71014461
Turks cant fight yo.Not considering that the enemy is three times as strong at least (initially)
>>
>>71014231
I do as well. I am agnostic I guess in the sense that you could never truly discount a single conscious creator no matter how abysmally small the odds are. One thing for sure though if there was a creator, religion of any kind would have nothing to do with him. I think its more plausible that a higher race created this universe. Considering the very strong evidence (cosmic radiation background map) that the universe originated from a singularity and exploded from there.

Who knows in the end, we won't in our life time but there is far far far more evidence against the idea of a creator than there is for.
>>
File: 1460644977913.jpg (285 KB, 1484x1079) Image search: [Google]
1460644977913.jpg
285 KB, 1484x1079
>>71007342
>Is there any good reason for me not to join the Catholic Church?
Pic related.

Join an Orthodox church instead.
>>
>>71016301

>I think its more plausible that a higher race created this universe

That's a popular theory these days because of the Sumerian writings about the Annunaki.

But if you wanna go Prometheus mode that's fine.

It's funny because the Prometheus movie basically described the God complex which even atheists/evolutionists have.

That many of them would rather believe that an alien race created us, and if that is true then the alien race would essentially become our "deity".

The Annunaki however, match the description of the Nephilim in the Bible perfectly as well as in the Book of Enoch.
>>
>>71014231
catholic here

understand that joining the Church means accepting authority, even if it's as idiotic as pope francis

if anyhow possible go to latin masses, learn about traditionalist catholicism
>>
>>71013884
Putting your faith in God entirely usually goes hand in hand with dropping personal responsibility for the state of things. See God as your father who guides the way, not as a divine king who does everything for you.
>>
>>71016564

>Not as a Divine King.

Sounds like heresy to me.

But I'll always do my best to help improve my society. I accept personal responsibility and I'll do my best.

But in the end, it is written that the Battle is the Lords.

In the end, evil will win on earth and it will be God that destroys it. Not mankind.
>>
>>71016540

I have some friends who are going to take me to a traditional catholic mass this week.
>>
>>71016452
Not really. It's more to do with a greater probability that a higher race had the means. If you talk about god you are talking about some single cosmic being of consciousness with the ability to create the entirety of the universe and everything else that there might be since before this god, there was nothing. Of probabilities, that is the lowest by far.
>>
>>71016674
also if you join the Church bunch of cucks will try to teach you vatican 2 which is basically a widely accepted heresy,

get a douay rheims bible and cathecism

when arguing that the Catholic (Christian) faith is the only true one with which you can be saved and all rest is evil heresy:

John 14:6
Matthew 16:18
>>
>>71016677

You're just not thinking 4th dimensionally.

Consider the numerology of the universe, how everything is created in an order.

Now consider(if you haven't heard of it, look it up) Super String theory.

If Super String theory is correct, then there are 9 dimensions in total including the dimension of time.

Time and Space are both relative. Time itself is relative, and in some places it goes faster and slower, or bends differently.

Which means that it is also may be possible for some beings to exist outside of time.

Now...for a being to exist outside of time is plausible, but incomprehensible to the human mind, and that's what you have to realize when you talk about what is probable and what is not.
>>
>>71016838
las thing before i leave:

Jesus was not a pacifist cuck, it's a myth

inquisition and the crusades were legitimate and good

nobody ever apologized for them, but for bad things that happened in them
>>
>>71016838
I am aware of that but it goes back to the simple question of 'what came before god'? God would have to be a complex entity especially if he created all things without any aide and in all honesty it just makes no sense that there would originally have been one being with the power to create everything. That is considering how complex that entity would have to be to be able to do that.

It makes more sense that somehow, creation of energy just happened (as it shows with virtual particles created in total vacuum), to the extent that fields and mass developed and over an incomprehensible period of time all that energy pooled until it coalesced into a gigantic explosion that resulted in an immense amount of energy, which then formed the required energy fields and created mass that bonded through fields to create greater mass etc until an entire universe capable of structure was created. A universe with the laws of physics that we see today, that enables nuclear fusion in stars and coalescing of solid matter to create planets from the physics of inertia and gravity to name but two.
>>
>>71017444

>What came before God

Right and I knew that's where you were going.

and when you realize that God itself is outside of time, and when you further realize that Einstein proved that time is relative and that it bends and warps....and that beings could exist outside of time.

You realize that IF a being existed outside of time then perhaps it could be eternal, and have no beginning or end.

Time itself, was created by God.

Like I said, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally.

Just consider the fact that time is already scientifically proven not to just be a concept or a series of events, it's actually something that bends and warps.
>>
>>71016654
We are God's will, created in his image. It is our job to do as God wills, not wait for God to do it himself.

God gave us a soul so we would do the right things. Right meaning in accordance with his eternal will.
>>
>>71017856

and what was Jesus's greatest commandment, to tell us the will of God?

>Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.