[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do the liberals of today compare with the counterculture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 424122.jpg (28 KB, 320x449) Image search: [Google]
424122.jpg
28 KB, 320x449
How do the liberals of today compare with the counterculture and hippies of the '60s? Better or worse?

To me it seems the counterculture movement in the '60s was a much more positive organization of people. They were tackling real issues, real discrimination, and a government that was more corrupt than it ever had been. The new leftist movements just preach hate toward white cis males, something the hippies rarely did. The modern SJW is far more radical and is willing and able to employ violence to achieve his goals.
>>
There was still degeneracy in the '60s, there was still radical feminism, and the eternal blue pill was rampant. I would say it was the birth of the modern SJW. But back then, it seems, they had different goals. They wanted to enact change, not vilify those who oppose it or have a different opinion of it. The modern SJW and the '60s hippie have similar aims but different ways to achieve it.
>>
>>71005494
Don't be confused the Hippie Boomers started this shit.
>>
>>71005890

Yes true.

Their generation was just as bad, if not worse due to their repressive and rebellious ways.

Our generation is pretty much as bad.
>>
The hippies of the '60s were misinformed communist sympathizers often genuinely unaware of the horrors of what they were preaching.

The liberals of today just hate western civilization.
>>
File: feminorc.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
feminorc.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
Hippies only exist because they didn't want to go die in a jungle in Vietnam.

SJWs exist because they had the privilege of not having to fight against dying in a jungle in Vietnam.
>>
>>71006066

>Implying the liberals of today are informed

The hippies of the 60s hated their own culture too, which is why they made the new hippy culture in the first place and decided to experiment with eastern religion and paganism.
>>
File: 1457051221147.jpg (42 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1457051221147.jpg
42 KB, 400x370
>>71005494
Hippies and liberals of the sixties, for the most part wanted more freedom. Some scumbags, some good people.

Liberals of today want more authority and less personal freedom. In other words, they are fucking retarded.
>>
File: Woodstock-1969.jpg (147 KB, 618x620) Image search: [Google]
Woodstock-1969.jpg
147 KB, 618x620
>>71005494
>Fuck white people man!!

Bloody Boomers need to be thrown in prison.
>>
Same shit different day
>>
>>71006001
>Our generation is pretty much as bad.
We're not riding the waves of victory after a world war.
>>
>>71006176

>Hippies were a reaction to the war

They weren't, they were a reaction to the sexual repression of the 1950s. The problem with the 50s was that it was the right behavior for the wrong reasons.

A lot of people are born into society and accept the doctrines of the church because they were RAISED to do so. They didn't accept that morality and they don't actually HAVE that morality by coming to their own conclusions.

What we need to have is a society that actively chooses to live traditionally because they PERSONALLY know that it's the healthiest way to be.
>>
>>71005494
1960's liberal became Neo-Cons or Independents

This is why the Democrat Party keeps trying to say "WE FLIPPED SIDES GUYS"
>>
I gurantee if they were around today you cunts would fucking hate them

They're just romanticised because it's the past and because of woodstock and movies and shit

I've taken acid and all that but burnouts that revolve their lives around it are losers
>>
>>71005494
hippies are SJWs of old, same degenerate drug culture, same victim mentality
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.