[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cultural Appropriation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: arton1764.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
arton1764.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
Tell me, /pol/, why is it when a white person does anything other act like someone out of an episode of leave it to beaver, it is cultural appropriation and considered cheapening another culture , but when other cultures appropriate white culture that is perfectly fine?
>>
>>71000750
Because people are jealous and have inferiority complexes so they try their best to be dicks to spite us.

While every non-white gets constantly called a minority, people refuse to acknowledge whites have always been a global minority.
>>
>>71000750
because white privilege
>>
>>71000750
cultural appropriation is just a way to reintroduce segregation and let the colored people embrace it

i mean fucking people of color just swap the words around

it's beautiful they will soon advocate their own schools after mizzou
>>
File: 1439602205421.jpg (2 MB, 2088x3840) Image search: [Google]
1439602205421.jpg
2 MB, 2088x3840
>>71000750
>>
>>71000750
You can't blame an ape for aping, but it's cruel to mock them
>>
>>71000750
I don't know, but if you are willing to be very aggressive in person, you could have some fun with it. Telling a chick who's bitching about cultural appropriation to take her clothes off, because they are the product of a power loom, which is an English invention could be kind of fun.
>>
Because liberals are retarded.
>>
>>71000903
Kek
>>
File: muhculture.jpg (386 KB, 1600x1077) Image search: [Google]
muhculture.jpg
386 KB, 1600x1077
>>71000750
I don't know, but the dumb bastards need to go back to dressing like they do back in their homeland, till then I don't give a crap what they say. Pic related.
>>
>>71000903
Why is it that every Jap poster I see on /pol/ always brings the bants?
>>
>>71001748
because japs on /pol/ are australians with VPNs
>>
>>71000893

>greeks
>spaniards
>italians
>white

pick none
>>
>>71001748
Because they're probably originally from an English speaking country and living there while teaching English. I've only spent a couple of weeks over there, but the culture is different, and it has an effect on you. It's probably just a form of pressure relief.

BTW, I'm 6'2" and wore my cowboy hat over there. When walking down the street, they would walk past me like nothing was out of the ordinary, then when they thought I couldn't see, they'd stop and turn around and stare.
>>
>>71001929
Probably because you wore a fucking cowboyhat you sperg

6'7 here and nobody even looked, they're used to it from white people
>>
File: 2014-08-23 21.24.53.jpg (63 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-23 21.24.53.jpg
63 KB, 500x276
>>71001929
Why the hell were you wearing a cowboy hat?
>>
>>71002035
>>71002110
What's wrong with cowboy hats?
>>
>>71002110
Because I always wear one. My face and ears get sunburned like fuck if I don't.
>>
>>71000750
>not thinking voodoo niggers with top hats are entertaining as fug
>>
>>71002035
That's exactly why. They have some weird obsession with cowboys.
>>
>>71000750
I think native Americans are happy someone at least recognizes their culture.

I never hear about them unless it's some liberal whining about a football team name.
>>
File: stetson_1950_open_road_00[1].jpg (114 KB, 502x540) Image search: [Google]
stetson_1950_open_road_00[1].jpg
114 KB, 502x540
>>71002035
>Probably because you wore a fucking cowboyhat you sperg

Wearing a cowboy hat doesn't just stop because you leave your country, you limp wristed faggot. Its a statement of culture and history.
>>
File: tracht.jpg (76 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
tracht.jpg
76 KB, 600x438
>>71002327
>>71002143
Nothing is inherently wrong with cowboy hats
They have to be worn in the cultural setting/event that they belong in though. It's the closest thing you guys got to traditional garb.

No other culture wears their traditional garb for no reason
>>
>>71002110
BECAUSE HES AN AMERICAN UNPATRIOTIC FUCK, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY OR YOULL WIND UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE WALL!
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 200x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 200x277
>>71002550
>no other culture wears their traditional garb for no reason
Say that to my face nigger
>>
>>71002550
Wherever we are, Texas is with us, friend.

My grandfather, until Parkinsons fucked his shit right up, wore his Stetsons every day to work, at work, while he ran equipment, and when he went to important meetings to bid for contracts.

The cultural setting/event you're looking for is his entire life.
>>
>>71002291
Natives are weird when it comes to race and racism. Some hate whites. Some don't. Once you get to know them, they're a lot more open with their views about it, and don't mind joking about it at all.

A couple conversations with a full blooded Navajo friend that I went to college with

>Dude comes into the lab and gets the "cool" chair.
>Stays stuck to the cool chair until he finally has to pee
>cool chair gets taken as soon as he's out of the room
>DUDE! You took the chair.
>Another classmate: Just like the white man to be taking from the indian
>Me: Yeah Hank, and you didn't even get any cheap glass bead for it this time.

FYI, Navajos are Athapaskan, i.e. part of a larger group of Indians. For a group that calls itself "The People" in their own language, this is a touchy subject.

>Be me
>Walk into lobby
>See the dude sitting there
>Hey, it's the dude, my Athapaskin friend
>Hey, how are y...DUDE, THAT'S FUCKED UP! YOU JUST GROUPED ME WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE!
>I go to lunch with a friend
>Walking back across campus, see the dude and a mutual friend walking to lunch
>"Hey Mark. He's not talking to me because I grouped him with a bunch of other people."
>The dude stops, and in front of probably a thousand people points at me and screams
>I'LL SCALP YOU, BITCH!
>Nobody knew how to take it
>Was that racism? Was it a joke?
>My sides were in orbit.

The dude was totally based.
>>
>>71002550
>cultural setting/event that they belong in though
Also climate.
There is quite sunny in texas i heard. Here you can wear a hat 3 months in the year max and people will look at you and think you are showing off.
>>
File: japanese support 2.jpg (21 KB, 331x409) Image search: [Google]
japanese support 2.jpg
21 KB, 331x409
>>71000903
>>
>>71002938
Navajos are pieces of shit. Also, you're going to find that res natives generally hate whites, but ones raised away from the res don't care. Most places on the res teach that they're fucking poor as hell because of the whites and the US government and they never figure out they're getting railed by the tribal government.
>>
>>71003087
Where are you that you can only wear an ushanka for 3 months?
>>
>>71003298
Moscow. And ushanka is not hat. It's winter only headdress. We practically have no summer headdresses other than military one's.
>>
>>71003158
That changes from region to region. Navajos can be cool if they stay off the sauce. Once they turn into alcoholics, it's game fucking over. The only reason they're not worse than orcs when they're in that state is because they are perpetually too drunk to do anything but piss themselves. It really stinks when they get hammered on cool mint Listerine, piss themselves, and stew in it for a day or two. You don't want anything to do with mint for a few days after experiencing that smell.

Pueblos actually like whites, primarily because when the US took over, the treatment they received improved drastically, and the US Army really pushed to stop the Navajos and Apaches from raiding everything in the area, including them. They are still a fairly closed bunch when it comes to a lot of their cultural practices and traditions, but it is what it is.
>>
>>71003505
Oh, we just call them all hats here whether it's for winter or summer. It's the same situation here, I have no summer clothes since the summer is maybe 2 months so I just roll up my sleeves and hope for a breeze.
>>
File: rusttttt.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rusttttt.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
here's some goddamn truth /pol/

>1960s
>everett rodgers coins the theory of diffusion of innovations
>the theory states there are innovators, early adopters, late adopters, and the laggards.
>the culture that is being "appropriated" are the innovators
> the culture that is accepting is the early adopters
>punishing the early adopters makes the trend die - no sort of engagement at all
>the so called "cultural appropriators" are making these ideas and beliefs more palatable to the late adopters and laggards
>by hating and discouraging the early adopters, these sjw weirdos are hurting their own cause of having other cultures embraced by the general public
>who are known as late adopters and laggards

cultural appropriation shaming hurts the minority groups so much and the attitude is wrong, divisive and incredibly racist.
>>
>>71000750

Here's a redpill for anyone who hasn't realized this already- all leftist politics are founded in a notion of equality. However, the left also believes in evolution, which is completely incompatible with equality.

Evolution as a principle operates on more levels than just genetic. Every level of reality that can be objectively verified has patterns of things that work and patterns that don't given the environment- matter is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons because those things can forms stable structures together in the right environment. Similarly, we see hierarchy in nature where things suited to their environment persist and things that do not perish. This concept applies to cultures, because cultures affect complex behaviors in man and changing behaviors affects the objective world around man differently. What kind of culture is successful is dependent on the environment, which is both the objective interactions of the culture and the more subjective ability to get along relatively amicably socially via hierarchy.

This idea the Western civilization and whites are oppressive is based off of this idea that all cultures are equal- but there is NO objective measure for this supposed equality. There is total disparity amongst technological advancement, ability to manipulate environment, ability to cohesively organize in large numbers, different cultures have different goals for expansion and propagation- so in other words they have separate survival strategies in the same way that separate species do not all engage in the same survival tactics.

What this means is that any egalitarian ideals about mankind or society stem almost completely exclusively from subjective thinking. White cultures are demonized because their objective dominance is attributed not to objective factors, but of subjective exploitation. But that exploitation is only possible if the other cultures are less suited to environment.
>>
>>71002550
They still serve a practical purpose. Keeping the sun and rain off of your face. They are still worn as part of the daily garb by many, including myself.
>>
>>71003729
>This idea the Western civilization and whites are oppressive is based off of this idea that all cultures are equal- but there is NO objective measure for this supposed equality. There is total disparity amongst technological advancement, ability to manipulate environment, ability to cohesively organize in large numbers, different cultures have different goals for expansion and propagation- so in other words they have separate survival strategies in the same way that separate species do not all engage in the same survival tactics.

That is an excellent way of putting it. I will also add that if technological innovation ever somehow becomes an Achilles heel, we have no one but ourselves to blame.
>>
>>71000750
Because white culture is the dominant one, so when you take something from it, it's called assimilation instead of appropriation. You become a part of white culture.
Even though it doesn't exist.
>>
File: 010213_saints-fans_600.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
010213_saints-fans_600.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
>It's okay when they do it to white Christian cultures
>>
>>71004547
WE WAS GOLDEN STATUES WITH NINTENDO VIRTUAL BOYS 'N SHEIIIIIIIIIIT?
>>
>>71000893
I dressed up as a slav for Halloween and got accused of cultural appropriation by an old friend. Needless to say, we're not on speaking terms any longer.
>tfw all my friends have become vapid SJWs
>>
APPROPRIATE THIS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qrs3uLdj60

I'll just leave this here.
>>
We take things we like from minorities because they are weak and are the minority. As is proper.
>>
>>71001612
Why are you so autistic
>>
UK Traditional dress and dance, the one we don't talk about.

https://youtu.be/AohxBVuDHxw?t=2m57s
>>
>>71004968
I dispute that I'm an autist, but even if I am wrong, it's still better than being a faggot like you.

Tell me that I'm wrong that you wouldn't enjoy a video of somebody telling a SJW that shit straight to her face.
>>
>>71004817
This is why I love being a Slav, people don't try this shit with you, sometimes I've had people say shit to me but everyone just assumes since you're a Slav you're a racist, homophobic, sexist so nobody cares. I got away with so much shit in high school
>>
>>71003729
I wouldn't say cultures are all that different when it comes to things that actually matter, like warring, agriculture, herding, building or whatnot. Most of the differences are superficial ie language, architecture, religion, traditions. The evolution you described not only takes place between cultures, it also takes place INSIDE every culture itself - ie ineffective ideas like "lets sing kumbayah and suck eachothers cocks" will be disregarded when it comes to actual politics in favor of more practical and pragmatic ideas.

The differences between the different levels of success of cultures is driven more by their outside factors such as environment/time of appereance than by the actual differences between the cultures themselves, as I already explained how these are merely superficial.

No culture large enough can be impractical because the chances of efficient ideas outcompeting inefficient ones are very good. However smaller tribal cultures can still be exceptionary.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.