[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is monarchy the best type of government?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Yes Your Majesty.jpg (140 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
Yes Your Majesty.jpg
140 KB, 940x705
So I've been thinking recently on how exactly my country got so fucked up a of late that electing a mad attention whoring billionaire reality tv star for president is our best option and I've come to the conclusion that from the start our country was fucked.
Democracies, no matter how good they are at the start and how flexible they make themselves always have a fatal flaw, people are on average idiots who understand nothing about politics, economics, and what is required to run a country.
Because of this, they will always tend to vote not for those most qualified for the position, but for those most charismatic.
That in itself isn't so bad, but with the introduction of mass media the public's opinions of candidates can now be bought and sold to the highest bidder, leading to a system where those who are least deserving of power (greedy, self serving assholes) getting elected without fail while the people who own them run the country in the background.
Contrast that with a monarchy, where there are one or two people running the country, except out in the open rather than in secret.
Now they might be greedy, self serving assholes as well, but if the right systems were in place for selecting the monarch then that problem might be all but eliminated.
In the modern world we have access to tons of personal information through social media and the internet that can be used to find the perfect leader, someone intelligent, knowledgeable, wise, selfless, with integrity, and open to new ideas and points of view.
If there was a way to select a perfect leader, wouldn't monarchy be the best option?
>>
>if we could do everything perfectly using systems I havent named to choose a perfect leader who cannot be corrupted who is also highly intelligent and serves his people then surely itd be best to let this person run the country

This is worse than the "not real communism" posts
>>
>>70990227
>where there are one or two people running the country, except out in the open rather than in secret.
Research a little bit more.

You have to realize most of the power/influence begins at congress, not the president.
If you propose a monarchy in America, you will be considered a traitor.
>>
>>70990227
>If there was a way to select a perfect leader, wouldn't monarchy be the best option?
Even without that, it's still better. It winds up being a smaller government, with more power, and greater long term sustainability.
>>
>>70990227
> monarchy

this country fought a war not to be a monarchy
>>
>>70991120
No it didn't. It fought a war to not pay what was owed to their actual monarch, and set up their own. But the chap who was going to be king screwed everything up by letting mob rule happen.
>>
>>70990547
I haven't figured out how it would all work, I'm just proposing that maybe we should be working to find ways to make this feasible.

>>70990857
Yes, but it's all the same people who own congress.

>>70991120
Maybe we were wrong.
>>
>>70990547
>power corrupts
>most people can't be trusted with power
>those in power should be selected by the people
democrat logic
meanwhile, monarchies have successfully existed since forever, creating the most powerful empires known
Sit the fuck down Liam
>>
>>70991841
>powerful empires

yeah where the no name peasant is a slave to his liege
>>
>>70992001
Feudalism isn't a requirement. Hell, you're a slave to your government now as it is, Anonymous peasant.
>>
>>70992001
And you're not a slave now?
>>
>>70991120
>>70991403
this.
Open a history book - the people who funded the revolution and the media in 18th c. America were wealthy merchants who didn't want to pay new taxes levied by Britain to pay off debts incurred by protecting the colonies in the French and Indian war. Imagine what we could have accomplished, the British Empire in full might, Canada, USA, Australia, Britain, India, Africa, Arabia, all united under one monarch.
But we chose our way, and for what?
>>70992001
Choose one
>Monarchy
>Feudalism
>The poor who are unable to support themselves and live independently are assigned to live and work supervised by their lord. In return for contributing part of their labor and produce, their homes, living necessities, and protection are provided for.
>Republicanism
>Welfare State
>The poor who are unable to support themselves and live independently are locked into a perpetual gibsmedat lifestyle funded by stealing from the working people's paychecks
>>
>>70992192
>>70992076
I'm not starving, im literate, and vote for my leader
>>
>>70991841
I was talking about OPs argument for it mate
Where did I say any of that shit?
So sit the fuck down Yank
>>
>>70992428
>I'm not starving, im literate,
So? What has that got to do with anything? I mean, you're clearly historically illiterate.
>and vote for my leader
Hah, that's so cute.
>>
>>70992428
The first two are due to advancements in technology and the last one is insignificant as your vote practically doesn't matter.
>>
>>70991120
UMERITA
>>
robot government
>>
>>70990227
>people are on average idiots who understand nothing about politics, economics, and what is required to run a country.
>this
>this
>this
>i feel the same: with the increasing cost of rent in america, no average joe is going to have the time in his life to truly follow politics in depth
>>
>>70990227
2^3chan has a /monarchy/ board
>>
>>70992864
That's basically my idea of a perfect government, a monarchy lead by an AI made for the role.
>>
>>70990227
If monarchys were good governments and worked, we wouldn't have pushed and fought so hard to break away from them.

Kings and Queens are few and far between.

The best government relies on a persons skills and abilities to run. It is also by the people for the people. Not by right of birth.
>>
>>70993197
Did you read my post?
>>
>>70993110
Bugger all activity, though.

>>70993197
>If monarchys were good governments and worked, we wouldn't have pushed and fought so hard to break away from them.
Are you taking the piss? Or have you really been indoctrinted to believe this?
>>
>>70993197
Hit reply too quickly.
>The best government relies on a persons skills and abilities to run.
Agreed. So why would you want to muddle that up?
>It is also by the people for the people.
Except the majority of voters are idiots who can't govern themselves.
>Not by right of birth.
Better than a popularity contest. Meritocracy should be what we strive for now.
>>
Anything is better than the current circus we call "democracy".
>>
have none of you faggots read moldbug?
>>
Different population sizes and enviroments require different social organizations, it's stupid to form a comitee for everything if you live in an island with 50 other people, but giving a single allmighty leader all the power when you run a country of many millions and so big you realistically will never even visit it all is equally retarded. Don't believe me? At the height of the British Empire the Queen had barely any power if the house of lords and all the other assorted cucks just said no.
>>
File: King-Rollo.png (97 KB, 357x268) Image search: [Google]
King-Rollo.png
97 KB, 357x268
>>70990227

I like Monarchism because (at least in the UK) they support Nationalism, career politicians tend to distance themselves from it because it's wrongly stigmatized as racist and ostracizing to foreigners etc, with the exception of Boris, he likes to fly the flag.

I am a monarchist and this is my face when
>>
File: 5WWZunkoCyQ.jpg (36 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
5WWZunkoCyQ.jpg
36 KB, 659x609
>>70990227
Yes! I can't fucking wait for the great rising of Russian Empire.

>tfw your president rule country already 15 years
>>
>>70994262
http://russianempire.org/
It's happening Ivan
Out with Putin, in with Romanov
>>
>>70990227
>American monarchist

Get the fuck outta here

we had a king once dipshit, didn't go so well
>>
>>70994491
Yea, the citizens were ungrateful usurpers. I doubt they've grown up at all since then.
>>
>>70991120

Now ruled by Jews instead. Good job.
>>
>>70994491
That was a monarchy based on power, I'm talking about a monarchy based on merit.
>>
>>70994613
kek
>>
>>70990227
>Find the perfect king trough facebook

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
>>
>>70994928
It might not be the perfect system but it's got to be better than the shit we have now.
>>
>>70990227
Not during the Kali Yuga, faggot. Monarchies are the last thing you want right now.
>>
Yes it is, bit you got to the right conclusion the wrong way. Likely because you are just as stupid as everyone else on /pol/.

The leaders in a democracy are in effect like people who have control over a house for a limited amount of time. Their incentive is to get what they can out of it with no regular for what happens to it after they are gone because it is no longer under their control. They will end up destroying the house in a lot of ways and the next group of people will be left with a mess and they will do the same.

In a monarchy the leader has control over the house for his entire life, and his son will have it after him. This creates an incentive to keep the house in good shape and to get only as much value out of it as he can without making the future potential any lower. He will even find that he wants to increase the value of the house so that his son has even more than he did.
>>
File: ukaz_izbranie_gos_duma_s.jpg (195 KB, 509x700) Image search: [Google]
ukaz_izbranie_gos_duma_s.jpg
195 KB, 509x700
>>70994443
I knew that there is a legal monarchical party in Russia, but...

I FUCKINK DIDN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR ACTIVITY IN RECENT YEARS AND I KNOW THEY WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN DUMA ELECTIONS

THANK YOU THANK YOU TYHANK YOU BURGER FOR THE LINK AND GOOD NEWS

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I GO TO ELECTIONS
>>
>>70995377
I hadn't thought of it that way, thanks for the redpill.
>>
>>70995377
Nice idea theft from Hoppe.
>>
>>70995754
Hoppe is right. What wrong with thinking someone is right?
>>
>>70995317
Explain yourself, faggot.
>>
>>70996543
Indian cosmogony says the world always goes trough 4 ages and then repeats, starting with a golden age then progressively degenerating until an age of darkness descends, that is the Kali Yuga and we're supposely living trough it. At the end of this age the world will be destroyed and a new golden age will begin.
>>
>>70990227
>>If there was a way to select a perfect leader, wouldn't monarchy be the best option?
Monarchs are parasites worse than politicians. At least you can "vote" the politician away.
>>
>>70997077
>At least you can "vote" the politician away.
No you can't, you just get another one. And as far as parasites go, monarchies are cheaper.
>>
>>70997413
You can elect a politician you might like. You guys have an amazing voting system that actually is democratic. You end up electing people that are the most closer to your personal values.

There's no electing monarchs, only the genetic lottery gives you what you will get.
>>
>>70996543
>spoon feed me an incredibly complex topic even though I'm shitposting on a device that allows me to access the entirety of mankind's accumulated knowledge

Tl; dr:

We live in the darkest of dark ages. We are literally inheritors of a dying world. All of our leaders lack virtue. Even self appointed monarchs will lack the divinely-inspired virtue necessary to lead. True power comes from above, but this is a wolf-age. Those who obtain positions of power are little more than carrion feeders. The heroes are long dead. All that remain are weak men and weeping victims.

Our task now is to ride out the storm, preserve what wisdom we can, and pass this on to future generations in the hope that the light won't be fully extinguished from this world.

Only Evola can stop Ebola...
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.