[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Highschool student here, can a /pol/ack like me get into a public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1460242991106.jpg (3 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1460242991106.jpg
3 MB, 3000x3000
Highschool student here, can a /pol/ack like me get into a public office position? I am thinking about pursuing a Political Science major but I'd like to ask you guys.
>>
convert to judaism
>>
>>70985034
Does your family know other families in positions of power? If no, then prepare to lick alot of buttholes to get to where you want to be.
>>
>>70985953
honestly this.
>>
>>70985034
You can, but you gotta start small.
>>
>>70985034

Can't get elected without military experience. Spend 4 years in the Army, then go to college, then your resume will be all set for public office
>>
>>70985034
Do you enjoy foam parties and anonymous sex in bathroom stalls?
>>
>>70985034
Sure why not
>>
Underage b&
>>
Do all the student government stuff in HS. Get a degree maybe in PolySci or philosophy or history or English. Go to Law School. Become puppet of moneyed Jews and get rewarded for destroying the country.

>>70985536

Or just do that
>>
Are you charismatic? Are people naturally drawn to you? That's really all that matters.
>>
>>70985034
It would be easier to get as wealthy as possible as quickly as possible so you can afford running without jewish influence.
>>
>>70985953
No
>>70986238
Cancer, no
>>70986613
Id say I am naturally a leader in group situations
>>70986550
Thanks man
>>
Join the Marine Corps first, everyone likes a Marine
>>
>>70986920
>Id say I am naturally a leader in group situations

In these situations, do people allow you to lead because they don't want to lead themselves, or are people actually excited and enthused about following you specifically?

Have you ever been told that you have "it" or have an "x-factor" - ie, an intangible quality that people naturally find attractive. Pretty much all presidents have it.
>>
OP switched to his computer
>>70987823
The most distinctive situation I remember was in my high school robotics club where even though I was the least qualified I somehow grabbed the team's attention and made them listen to me. And through out daily activities people prop me to lead them.
>>
File: 1410375124867.jpg (3 MB, 2196x3339) Image search: [Google]
1410375124867.jpg
3 MB, 2196x3339
Read all the books on pic-related, then some other high-lights of the Western canon (the Yale Directed Studies reading list and St John College's curriculum syllabus highlight the major ones). Develop and build your own character before becoming a politician, which will take years to do. Never go in it for the sake of the status of being in a public office -- build upon your ideological and philosophical beliefs to the point where you naturally want to get into public office in order to get shit done.
>>
>>70989503
Thanks
>>
>> Political Science

Don't attend communism school!
>>
>>70989503
>Yale Directed Studies reading list

Not OP, but thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any thoughts about the Columbia Core Curriculum? Seems like a similar idea, and there is some overlap in the readings.
>>
>>70990326
>>70990326
They're both the same concept and have some very similar reading syllabus's when it comes to major literary, philosophical, and historical Western books; but they're performed out differently. Yale Directed Studies is only offered for their Freshmen honor students, and basically consists for all their core-classes in their first year. From what I heard, it's pretty rigorous because you have a shit ton of reading and writing for two semesters simultaneously with 3 classes.

While Columbia Core Curriculum is required for all Columbian students to take. Each class is slightly lighter in course-load because they have to accommodate all their students taking the required classes at some-time. But unlike Yale's Directed Studies they can the classes any time during their undergrad studies and aren't as rushed through it. But it lacks the seminars and lectures from the more Senior staff and smaller classroom sizes that Yale DS has (which the program it-self is selective).
>>
>>70989503
> Never go in it for the sake of the status of being in a public office -- build upon your ideological and philosophical beliefs to the point where you naturally want to get into public office in order to get shit done.

I dont think you've been paying much attention to American politicians
>>
>>70992697
That makes sense; thanks. Do you know if any of the lectures are recorded and available online, maybe as part of the recent trend among universities to freely distribute this stuff?
>>
>>70985034
Start a small business. You know, shovel people's walkways in the winter. Get your name out there. Get down and dirty with the people. Then run for mayor of your city. They'll see you as the hard worker who helps his peers. Being mayor is the first step being a state representative. Then governor. After that, reach for presidency.
>>
Speaking of that.

I'm a college freshman heavily involved in leadership stuff at the student government.

I can quickly change people's opinions after a few days of talking to them about political issues (I've turned hardcore communists into full on Nazis"

How can I put my skill to use?
>>
>>70985034
No fuck political science. Polsci is what fags that comment on politics study.

What real politicians specialize in is LAWWWW. Yes that includes pre-law and going to law school.
>>
>>70985034
I graduated poly sci, work your ass off and hustle and you can make it work.

My tips:

Go to an urban school and work a fuckton of internships, they are what give you genuine experience and make you interesting to interviewers.

Hide your power level but don't be a cuck, use statistics in arguments as much as possible.

Be likable and network with everyone but always remain genuine.

Help your professors with their work, learn from them, actually read when they assign reading.

Choose a minor in something related that you are equally as passionate about, I chose marketing and it's paying dividends - a former internship lead to a job right out of school.

Also if you're still in high school start volunteering and interning with people, just approach places you are interested in, everybody wants free labor.
>>
>>70993550
(Same guy) nope. Yales DS is set up specially where part of it is seminars and lectures, while the rest is meeting few times a week with a small group of other students with an instructor to review your readings. Can't really film that.

I'm not sure why Columbia core hasn't filmed and released some of their core classes. My guess (aside from finding a professor comfortable enough to film all his lectures in the classroom) is finding and feeling secure with getting reputable enough professors to lecture on some very broad and varying subjects to essentially represent the university by releasing their lectures to the world. A professor teaching the required classical lit class isn't going to be a master in knowing all the details of time and subject-importance varying authors like homer, Dante, Dostoevsky, and Jane Austin; so if they make an ignorant mistake while talking about one of them in a lecture it might discredit the uni as whole.

Only courses I know online that are similar in their nature like that are individual coursera courses. They've had a course from Plato and another from Aristotle from u o penn, that ended last month; as well as Ancient Greek history from Wesley, an introduction to philosophy course from that major Danish uni (in English), and an upcoming Greek and Roman mythology one.

*sorry about the typos and any inconsistenties -- tired and I'm typing this on my phone
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.