[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which religion do you belong to? How important do you think religion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: religions.jpg (72 KB, 596x600) Image search: [Google]
religions.jpg
72 KB, 596x600
Which religion do you belong to? How important do you think religion is to a culture?
>>
None
Not at all
>>
>>70958101
>m'lady
>>
File: 8.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>2016
>religion
>>
File: jesus.jpg (277 KB, 1266x1926) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
277 KB, 1266x1926
>>70958009
I'm a bible believing Christian, and I think that Europe's prosperity comes mainly from the following of Christian principles.
>>
Is it possible to not be religious but not atheist either? I just don't bother with religion at all, I got better things to do, but i don't deny that there is a higher power.
>>
>>70958009
>>
Zoroastrian.

Where's my sign?
>>
Islam. Unless you're savages with no written culture and philosophy it should not be of great importance.
>>
>>70958382
This is interesting, maybe then you could help me answer a few questions. Was Europe better before Christianity, or did Common Era Europe improve compared to what was before it? Also, do you think any other religion could have united Europe together? Europe uniting under Christendom is what I'm referring to.
>>
>>70958382
which diseases did "Christian principles" cure?
>>
File: tamako.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tamako.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>70958009
None and to some extent but it depends on the situation, but it just does not make sense to me and I don't see how someone can convince themselves to believe in God. I tried to do that but I could never do it.
>>
>>70958586
I think Christianity made Europe better. All the "be nice and turn the other cheek" have nowadays been perverted, but I think it was a great tool to make people stop fighting each other and starting to work together instead. It also encourages critical thinking to some degree, which for example Islam does not do at all, so Christianity made the renaissance possible, which other religions would probably not allow.
I don't think any other religion could do this.

>>70958609
I think you are referring to the black death. If they just had read the cleanliness laws of the old testament, it probably won't have happen, but the catholic church was a big obstacle for a long time.
>>
>>70958101
Interesting, could you cite some successful atheistic countries?
>>
File: Anime_2bcd66_130622.jpg (70 KB, 461x615) Image search: [Google]
Anime_2bcd66_130622.jpg
70 KB, 461x615
>>70958009
I am Christian.
>>
>>70959676
Albania was officially atheist under communist rule. Just look at it now.
>>
>>70958009
God is the ultimate normie
>>
If it is required that the vast majority of society believe in a mythological figure and a doctrinal code for it to denounce the destructive degeneracy we see today, I say yes.

I would gladly pretend to believe in a god if it meant an over 90% rate of functional intact families and all the societal perks that leads to.
>>
>>70958009
Islam
It really depends on how you decide to apply what your holy book teaches and how you interpret it. We can have disasters like Salem and Islam in the middle east, we can also have peaceful, productive situations as well.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.