[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that having a vegan diet could really help the planet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 29
File: sugarcoat-obesity.png (196 KB, 470x245) Image search: [Google]
sugarcoat-obesity.png
196 KB, 470x245
Do you think that having a vegan diet could really help the planet?
Have you considered eating less or no meat at all?
Are you vegan or vegetarian?
>>
File: it bread.jpg (36 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
it bread.jpg
36 KB, 660x440
Psst kid, eat me, you know you want.
>>
Helping the planet? Yes
Literally make you sick? Also yes.
>>
Obesity's leading cause is the technology age.
>>
>>70956544
>sugarcoat

The idiots put the real cause right there in their message. Sugar and other simple carbs are the major factor here. Go to a vegan or vegetarian meetup sometime. They're most either super sickly looking or obese because they live off of sugar and wheat. It's a bit ironic that most vegetarians actually eat very few vegetables and vegans end up eating lots of processed foods because they have so many nutrient deficiencies otherwise.
>>
>>70956544
> Don't eat whales because they'll go extinct
> Don't eat cows because they'll breed too much
Fucking environmentals
>>
>>70956544
I don't eat meat or poultry, but I eat fish and dairy products.

I've never killed a cow, pig or bird so I shouldn't be allowed to eat the meat.
>>
File: factory-farm.jpg (74 KB, 352x271) Image search: [Google]
factory-farm.jpg
74 KB, 352x271
Animal agriculture is fucking everything up it's ridiculous. Veganism is the future
>>
>>70956700
Clearly we need meatplants.
Imagine growing a nice flæskesteg in the back yard, yums says i.
>>
>>70956544
I am a peacatarian meaning I don't eat any meat but I will eat seafood if it is not farmraised. /pol/ believes in freedom so why do you eat animals raised in captivity? Germany consumes the most amount of red meat in the world proportionally and they have the highest rate of colon cancer
>>
File: 1436125865059.png (15 KB, 469x331) Image search: [Google]
1436125865059.png
15 KB, 469x331
>>70957069
>He doesn't know the joys of a pig slaughter
>>
>>70957273
***pescatarian
>>
>>70957244
Oh broder, science will find a way, for flæskesteg.
>>
It's not meat making people fat, it's the abundant carbs you can find and consume in western civilization. You can chug 300-500 calories worth of sugar and starch in a few seconds without knowing.
>>
>>70957328
Hard for me to kill animals. All the difficulty I have with empathizes with other humans has made it easier for me to empathize with animals.
I'm not saying this to be edgy, but I think pigs have more value alive than most African Americans.
>>
I used to be a vegetarian and then about a year ago I said fuck it, bought a fast food hamburger with chips and drink,which i hadn't had for 15 years.
>>
File: 1458664143200.jpg (59 KB, 715x558) Image search: [Google]
1458664143200.jpg
59 KB, 715x558
>>70956544
I eat only chicken tbqh and occasionally pork meat.
>>
>>70956544
I am 1 year vegetarian and once you get over it, I fell much much healthier. Maybe I would still have a little meat here and there if I didn't eat so much if it when I was young but I wish I had a choice earlier in the beginning.

That being said, it's still apart of family tradition, I just think society has taken it to far this time. I have large stretch marks over my body and the past 15 years of my life has been spent getting rid of my extra meals stored in my fat. It's been a long fucking time but I almost have my body at 100%.
>>
Obesity is caused by carbohydrates and sugar, not by meat and fat

Eating nothing but what's in OP's pic and vegetables is a fast way to LOSE weight.
>>
>>70956544
are they implying meat is the reason people are obese? do you know how much straight up meat you'd have to eat to get obese off of it? you'd be eating 1,000+ grams of protein a day
>>
Here is what I believe
1) Killing animals is morally wrong
2) But it is NECESSARY because humans are made to eat some meat. There is no way to operate at peak performance without meat. Look at any vegan for evidence, they look like shit, skeletons about to drop dead any time.
3) OVER CONSUMPTION of meat IS a very real problem for health, but eating no meat at all is also unhealthy

So we have to eat meat in moderation if we want our bodies to operate properly. The evidence is everywhere.
>>
>>70956544
>obesity's leading cause
>meat
No, it's sugar and fat. Show me a fit person who only eats potato chips and chocolate, please.
>>
Start a homestead, raise and slaughter your own meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvkWxXSk_M

There is enough land in the lower 48 for each man, woman, and child to have six acres of their own. Even if you say 50% of land isn't suitable, that still leaves three acres per person. And if we stop importing third world crap, we could have a stable population.
>>
>>70956544
Sugarcoating things IS obesity's leading cause.
>>
>>70957448
>I'm not saying this to be edgy, but I think pigs have more value alive than most African Americans.
Might be true, still pigs, poultry, cows, etc are kept at farms for the sole reason to process them and consume them. Don't look at them as a person, but also do not harass and torture them, that's it.
>>
>>70957069

That is the dumbest logic I've ever read.
>>
>>70957617
killing animals isn't morally wrong, and neither is meat necessary. it's just more difficult to get a complete amino acid profile, but still achievable. over consumption of meat also isn't a problem unless you're eating unhuman amounts of it. protein causing kidney failure or whatever the old story was is junk science. all your beliefs are shit
>>
>>70956955
IRK vegans are always eating stupid shit like "vegan burgers" which are highly processed GARBAGE instead of eating an actually natural vegan diet of the fruits/veggies/etc themselves prepared in a traditional way.
>>
>>70956544
One of the fattest women I know is Vegan. She now has diabetes. Her fiance was skinny as fuck until he started dating her and now his slowly getting fat. I dunno what they eat, they must eat a heap of sugar or some shit.
>>
>>70957328
This.
Killing, enslaving, and domesticating animals brings a primal joy to humans. It reinforces our place at the top of the food chain.
Why do women love little dogs so much? Because they like to make-believe that they tamed a wild animal. Then they imagine they can do the same to men.
>>
>>70957617
>morally wrong
Not in Abrahamic religions. If you've created your own moral system, but be surprised if others, including any carnivore or omnivore, don't follow it.
>>
>>70957448
Oh, tell me about how you've never killed a fly, mosquito, spider or any other sort of arthropod.
>>
>>70957050
As if a species going extinct harms the planet in any way... Millions of species have gone extinct til now and we're still here.
>>
>>70956544

be 40 years a vegan cunt ,ten ttalk
>>
>>70957831
Also she shaved all her hair off and wears different coloured wigs every day. It's hard not to laugh when I see her.
>>
City folks have become too soft. If a sixteen year old girl can handle killing and butchering a sheep, hipster pansies should get over themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-INwePVmWTo
>>
>>70956544
No , No , and fuck NO
i love my Kebab
>>
>>70956544

I'm vegan 7 years ^-^
>>
File: freeleebananagirl.jpg (482 KB, 3000x2008) Image search: [Google]
freeleebananagirl.jpg
482 KB, 3000x2008
>>70957617
>Look at any vegan for evidence, they look like shit, skeletons about to drop dead any time.
This long-term-vegan aussie girl looks pretty good in my opinion
>>
>>70957448
I agree, the lives of most animals such as dogs and cats have more value than the average human. The average human is an asshole, a liar, a thief, etc. Better off dead.
>>
>>70957069
Dude. We still have guns for now. Go slay a cow, a bird, and a pig.
>>
>>70957831

>Wait, creamy Starbucks latte isn't vegan?
>>
>>70956955
This.

The real cause of obesity is sugar. it all comes down to sugar.
>>
>>70958195
How's camel meat?
>>
>>70957090
Those look like dairy cows what's the problem? They are probably just getting milked.
>>
I look at food as fuel, so I imagine meat as concentrated fuel. It would be ideal to end factory farms and have local farms in order to have healthier meat and easier manure distribution. My ideal lifestyle would consume a lot of plant based foods, but at the end of the day have a thick juicy steak on my plate and not feel bad about it because it had a good life.
>>
>>70958250
That girl is red pilled. dont give a fuck about pc
>>
>>70957960
Something something biodiversity something.
I don't even know.
>>
>>70958250
>wonder how her snatch smells
>>
>>70958292
Soy latte activated almond milk starbucks is probably vegan.
>>
>>70956700
no. your wrong. do some research dipshit
>>
>>70957273
good job but dont be a pest. go vegan
>>
File: fuck yeah.jpg (215 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
215 KB, 640x427
>>70956544
Current dietetic research consensus is that a little meat in a largely fibrous plant-based diet is the healthiest option for most people. We eat too much meat and dairy, but a little is still the healthiest option for most people.
Also, hamburgers. Because hamburgers.
>>
File: 1459951132918.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1459951132918.png
13 KB, 418x359
>don't eat meat
>don't smoke
>don't drink booze
>eat your 5 fruit and veg a day
>don't drink sugary drinks

please just let me live my life the way i want to
i promise not to become a disgusting blob just stop pestering me
>>
>>70958434
Yeah, I like her a lot, although I don't share her views totally, she's based. Maybe the fact that she's an aussie also helps with the pc stuff
>>
>>70956625
As much as a hate gluten free fags bread really it a killer. It's really just sugary filler, the modern methods of processing wheat strip most of the nutrients. 100% whole wheat is bullshit useless you're buying it from some small scale traditional farmer.
>>
>>70958256
Hva sky'er du min koer?
Danes will love this.
>>
>the cured meats humanity has eaten for millenia causes obesity
>the relatively modern trend of being fed concentrated sugar from birth has nothing to do with it

This is such a basic thing but they lie about it. Educating people on the dangers of sugar would save millions of lives each year but its obfuscated.

what simple thing thats killing our civilization.
>>
>>70957824
I don't know what vegan burgers you're googling, but my girlfriend and I have made like 5 different types of vegan burgers and they're all very simple and not processed in the slightest. I think you would have to be buying your groceries at a gas station in order to find processed vegan food.
>>
>>70956544

Grains and refined sugars are the root cause of obesity, not meat or fats.
>>
>>70957448
>I'm not a plumber, so I should never use a bathroom
>I'm not an electrician, so I should never use a god damn lightbulb

Ok m8
>>
>>70958250
Her bananas look deliciously ripe.
>>
>>70956544

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371172/French-vegan-couple-face-jail-child-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.html

So healthy, it kills children through malnutrition.
>>
How do you know if someone's a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll fucking tell you.
>>
>>70958472

>soy

Enjoy your bitch tits
>>
>>70956544
Fuck Off, Alfonso.
>>
>>70956544
>Eskimos who live on nothing but meat are obese

Nice meme vegans.

Calories in, calories out. It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>70958833
I hate ripe bananas, prefer them just slightly pre-ripe.
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63 KB, 250x150
>>70956544

>Let's not SUGARcoat obesity's leading causes
>posts meat

are they doing this on purpose
>>
>>70958929
Everyone needs to be redpilled about Soy.
It has so much estrogen it literally turns you into a woman. Also causes cancer. Stay away.
>>
>>70957831
Most of them eat far too many carbs. Meat gives what's known as satiety, which makes you feel fuller sooner, and for longer. Many vegans, esp women, go hamplanet when they stop eating meat. Rather than seeking out non-meat protein sources, they tend to just fill up on bread/starches. Stupid, really.
>>
Meat has absolutely nothing to do with obesity.

Too many simple carbs, and too many sedentary lifestyle choices.

And honestly, it's not even about carbs... it's about those first two words of that last sentence.

>Too many

Carbs aren't the devil, although they will sneak up on you. People just over indulge because the average retard has no self-control.
>>
>>70958707
>no meat is bad son finish your syrup sandwich and mtn dew then go apologize to goddess for your penis sin! your man tits are a victory for womynism!

this is what happens when women get power
>>
>>70958991
Yeah they live on concentrated fat and are doing just fine, until we danes brought cheap alcohol and money over, that's our bad guys, sorry for destroying your society overnight.
>>
>>70956544
Fuck now I have to go make some candied bacon, because that shit is delicious.
>>
>>70956544
>checks self, still has a penis
nope not vegan or vegetarian
>>
File: annoyedpepe.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
annoyedpepe.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>70956544
CALORIES
A
L
O
R
I
E
S

you can eat whatever the fuck you want if you count calories. holy shit it's not hard.
>>
>>70957069
What is White tail deer
Tastes great
>>
File: head goblin of disgust.png (54 KB, 202x200) Image search: [Google]
head goblin of disgust.png
54 KB, 202x200
>>70958600
carbohydrates ARE sugars you dumb Canuck
>>
>>70956544
Humans are not animals meant to eat vegan.

Herbivore animals literally have a MUCH MORE COMPLICATED gastrointestinal system than us. That's why they're herbivores - they can process it properly.

Humans can survive on a vegan diet only thanks to the current modern state of society. It's merely a privilege of our current technological advancement and nothing more. And even so, the meat eaters of equivalent financial status are always gonna be able to have superior bodies to the vegan cucks.

Deal with it, Moor scum.
>>
>>70959047
this . assholes .
>>
>>70958434

She's a fucking retard peddling dumb-ass pseudo-science to other retards.

You can't be "redpilled" and be this much of a moron.
>>
>>70958516

Why should he go vegan? Studies have shown that pescatarians have the highest overall lifespans in all groups tested. Vegetarians and rare meat eaters generally come in second, while the lowest longevity is seen in both high consumers of meat products and pure vegans.

Nearly all of the isolated populations who have high levels of 100 and 110+ year olds have fish based diets, including Japan and 7th Day Adventists in the US.

It seems that as omnivores, humans actually function best with animal intakes that include omega-3 fatty acids and the like, and some amount of complete protein intake via the same methods. Plant sources such as ALA can only inefficiently convert to more optimal biological forms.
>>
>>70959279
Dude, æbleflæsk
That shit's delicious.
>>
>>70956544

i lost 70 pounds and reversed my type 2 diabetes by eating the stuff in your picture.

high fat, high protein, low carb. my few carbs were complex ones from vegetables.

processed/cured/smoked meats are cheap and convenient, so i ate a lot of them.
>>
>>70959429
More like sugars are carbs.

That's why nutritional labels say
>carbs: xgrams
>of which sugars: ygrams
>>
Red meat is pretty bad for me, I always notice a nasty effect. I'm lactose intolerant so I already don't touch dairy. I haven't cut out chicken yet don't really have a plan to, but I definitely see the benefit in veganism. But as some other anons have said, you do need to actually make the right foods and assure you are getting the right protiens. I think eating meat at least once a week is a good idea to maintain your ability to disgest it as well
>>
>>70958250

>that time she wanted to fuck scooby but he said hell no boys only

she never let go of that salt
>>
>>70956544

>that picture

The leading cause of America's obesity problem is the general populace mistaking the giant hole in their soul, gaped and cream-pied by apathy and consumerism, as hunger. And a piss-poor education and non-confrontational "tolerance and acceptance" policy which encourages shit like "some women are born bigger!" when a lot of these would-be cute obese chicks with cheap tattoos are eating a fat defense wall so they will never be five and little and and molested, ever again.

Fuck vegans.
>>
>>70959313
Bullshit broscience

Hormones play a major factor.
>>
>>70959429

Carbohydrates aren't necessarily sugar, but they may break down into sugar. Most of the starches and bundled carbohydrates in grains etc. will break down in saliva rather quickly due to amylase enzymes. Due to the rapid decomposition carbs tend to act more quickly in creating a blood sugar response.

However, carbohydrates also include things like sugar alcohols, inulins, and fiber which end up being undigested or only partially digested, consequentially reducing blood sugar spikes in some cases.
>>
>>70958314
Sugar, the wrong kinds of carbs and too many damn calories.
>>
>>70956544
Honestly, it depends what you mean by help the planet, and the effectiveness you're willing to tolerate.

For instance, most farmers that were in meat trades would simply leave the market if their goods were no longer viable. A portion of that trade would go into growing non meat food probably as the increased demand for it would cause a temporary price spike, but most farmers that raise pasture/factory farm animals don't have prime agricultural land.

Before I get into a rant..
>No meat would reduce pollution!
Arguably, but a huge portion of meats pollution is method of being raised rather than inherently the problem of animals.
>No meat would stop world hunger!
This really isn't true, people don't starve due to a lack of food, but more or less a lack of economic incentive to bring them food for rates they can afford.
>You would be healthier and live longer!
Yes, and no. The major problem that most studies run into about meat consumption is that high meat consumption is a lot of times linked to preventative medicine; e.g., people go to the doctor to discover they have cancer, rather than fucking dying in India, longer life spans in general, higher standard of living, and often times sedentary lifestyles. So, vegans tend to eat better food, and get more exercise because they're usually health concerned.
>SHOULD I GO VEGAN?
Honestly? It really doesn't matter. If you really want to improve things using the market against itself, eat only higher quality meat raised in ways you agree with. It will be more expensive, you'll consume it less often, less strain will be placed on local resources, and the market will switch to smaller, more local producers of meat.
>>
File: 1289135940739.jpg (110 KB, 1010x1036) Image search: [Google]
1289135940739.jpg
110 KB, 1010x1036
But the biggest causes of obesity are bread and corn

Meats are a mostly lean source of protein
>>
>>70956544

I plan in turning vegetarian, right now I eat tiny portion of meat when it is available.
>>
>>70960022
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

t. fat fuck
>>
>>70956544
>Vegan
>literally ignoring millions of years of evolution
>Literally sabatoging your body so bad that if it ever touches meat again you would have a sever reaction to it that could actually kill you
Veganism is disgusting
>>
>>70956544
less people were fat before we started pushing carbs over fat.
>>
>>70960246
this

you're literally retarded if you cut meat out of your diet instead of starches
>>
File: 1459975634178.png (125 KB, 1200x564) Image search: [Google]
1459975634178.png
125 KB, 1200x564
omission of meat isn't good for populations that adapt to it

https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/human-genome-shaped-by-vegetarian-diet-increases-risk-of-cancer-and-heart-disease

In a new study published in the journal Molecular Biology and Evolution, researchers compared a primarily vegetarian population from Pune, India to a traditional meat-eating American population, mostly from Kansas. The researchers found a higher frequency of the mutation called "rs66698963" in the Indian population.

This mutation helps people convert plant fatty acids into important nutrients, including omega-6 arachidonic acid. Arachidonic acid is important for muscle growth and healthy neurological function in humans and is usually contained in meat, eggs and dairy.

However, arachidonic acid is also known for its pro-inflammatory and pro-blood clotting properties. Today, this genetic mutation can be a problem because omega-6 fats are readily available in an increasing number of foods and oils. Consequently, people with this mutation are retaining higher levels of arachidonic acid in their blood and tissues.
>>
>>70960174
>too many damn calories that are left to soak and attach to your insides instead of burned off like a normal human should
Ftfy
Excess in calories are only a thing if you aren't willing to burn them off
>>
>>70956544
lies, tons of vegans I've met smoke hookah and talk about how great extremist mudslimes are, including their horrible halal practices. Vaganism is all about Jews stealing your meat in disguise. Be a man and enjoy your damn steak
>>
sugary food and eating too much is the main culprit
>>
So which bread is safe to eat?
>>
>>70960566
you don't even need to do that. just eat at your TDEE
>>
>>70960022
>hamgalaxies have found ways to defy thermodynamics

Why haven't we looked further into this?
>>
>>70960722
Whole grain. Nothing with added sugar.
>>
>>70956544
>sugarcoat
meats has no sugar
even fatty meats are good for you
>>
>>70958250
hello miss brain disease

would fugg though
>>
>>70960421

Things like this are actually correct.

If the only goal is losing weight, then it is purely a Calorie based equation.

The body does have ways to take excess Calories and convert it to body fat. Even protein can be deaminated (removing the nitrogen base) and inefficiently converted to carbohydrate which in turn and in excess, will eventually end up as fat cells in the reticular tissues around your organs.

However, for overall health, composition does seem to matter.
>>
>>70958244
The animal is only worth anything because of its meat and other products, many of which must be obtained by killing it

So yes, the animal is worth more, but to get anything out of it, you have to kill it.

Also get fucked nigger
>>
Vegan diet causes cancer.

No, no source for you. Just fuckin google it.
>>
>>70960722
Whole wheat bread is fine
Avoid soft drinks
Never drink sugary drinks like Starbucks coffee (like 10 spoons of sugar in there)
Avoid fried stuff as much as possible

That's it really, it's not rocket science
>>
>>70960722
whole grain bread
from a bakery not the supermarket
if the flour is bio it's better
>>
>>70956544

Choices of one person have 0 significance in the context of the habits of billions of people.

I get not wanting the fruits of death and cruelty in your body though. Still, I think veganism is too far and kind of ridiculous.

The best is the 20-something white girls who have "discovered" an allergy to a non-vegan diet some time in the last few years.

Like, seriously? That never came up in all the years you've been alive?

So yeah, verdict on veganism: distraction for the precious, bored upper-middle class.
>>
>>70957617
>1) Killing animals is morally wrong
>2) But it is NECESSARY because [etc.]

>His morality makes him a criminal for the mere act of living.
Pitiful.
>>
Vegetarians still get to eat a lot of the good stuff. Vegan food is abominable.
>>
>>70960903
of course, you couldn't sustain a diet of pure sugar like that. you'd take years off your life.

It's pretty simple, as long as you stay away from all sugar, you can eat what you like (eating at your TDEE of course) . Unless you are morbidly obese, then lose weight.
>>
>>70960785
Anon was sort of correct. While 1000 kcal can't magically become 2000 kcal, depending on the source your body can end up netting less than 1000 kcal. If you eat 1000 kcal of Twinkies, your body will easily digest it but 1000 kcal of steak is going to require the body to expend much more energy to digest, netting you less kcals. Plus the steak will satisfy your hunger while the Twinkies will fuck up your blood sugar and send you searching for more food. Obviously a good degree of self control can combat that but with the steak path you and your body aren't working against each other. Plus it's going to have many more of the nutrients your body and mind need to operate correctly.
>>
>>70956544
Saying food is the cause of obesity is like saying guns are the cause of murders.

Why do liberals refuse to accept personal responsibility for their own poor life decisions?
>>
File: Saucisson_04.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Saucisson_04.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
It must be easier for the amerifats to stop eating meat because you don't have these pic related.
>>
You know, I'm thinking that instead of people going full vegan we should just have people limit their intake of animal products to a reasonable level.

And mostly cut down the industy behind it all a little, seems like there's more meat produced than needed anyway and half of it is thrown out because it didn't get sold or doesn't fit some sort of aesthetic standards for selling.
>>
>>70961056
There is some evidence that cancer lives on sugar, which is something vegans tend to over indulge on. It's still early in the research on this but it would explain a good many things such as why fruititarians are so prone to rare cancers. If nothing else, it is well known that sugar feeds harmful mouth bacteria that fucks up your teeth and makes your breath smell like ass even if you're good at oral hygiene.
>>
>>70957617
Vegetarians live 10 years longer on average and have an average IQ of 15 points higher than meat eaters.
>There is no way to operate at peak performance without meat.
Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Leonardo Da Vinci, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Pythagoras, Gandhi, Isaac Newton, Ben Franklin, Confucius, Plato, Nikola Tesla, Vincent Van Gogh, Mark Twain, Srinivasa Ramanujan, Edward Witten, Brian Greene, Neil Armstrong, Mr Rogers, Thomas Edison, Pankaj Oswal, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford and Elizabeth Holmes don't operate at peak performance gais
>>
>>70961594
Shut up anon, we need extreme measures. Either full on rabid carnivore or dirt eating monkey
>>
>>70961191

>Like, seriously? That never came up in all the years you've been alive?

This is actually true. Incidences of diseases such as Celiac, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, and GERD often first appear in the 20's and 30's.

Younger individuals have better regenerative abilities as far as their digestive system is concerned, so even intolerance is handled better. Also, as people age they lose enzymes for the breakdown of things like alcohol, dairy, and legumes.

It is very common to see people develop symptoms in that age range for things that they were fine with their entire lives.
>>
File: le coat confiscator.gif (2 MB, 518x598) Image search: [Google]
le coat confiscator.gif
2 MB, 518x598
>>70956544
>cook exclusively w/ lard, tallow or olive oil
>drink bacon grease
>if there aint red meat in it it aint a meal
>sour cream with everything
>my "bad" cholesterol never been above 66

suck it, vegans
>>
>>70958929
This, soy is fucking terrible for you
>>
>>70956544

being vegan is a very good idea

in addition to other reasons it can also work as a form of separation against certain groups (like in india where the lower dark castes are the ones that eat meat and aryans don't)
>>
American Dietetic Association
It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and for athletes.
Dietitians of Canada
A well planned vegan diet can meet all of these needs. It is safe and healthy for pregnant and breastfeeding women, babies, children, teens and seniors.
The British National Health Service
With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.
The British Nutrition Foundation
A well-planned, balanced vegetarian or vegan diet can be nutritionally adequate ... Studies of UK vegetarian and vegan children have revealed that their growth and development are within the normal range.
The Dietitians Association of Australia
Vegan diets are a type of vegetarian diet, where only plant-based foods are eaten. They differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are usually consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.
The United States Department of Agriculture
Vegetarian diets (see context) can meet all the recommendations for nutrients. The key is to consume a variety of foods and the right amount 1/2
>>
>>70962160
2/2
of foods to meet your calorie needs. Follow the food group recommendations for your age, sex, and activity level to get the right amount of food and the variety of foods needed for nutrient adequacy. Nutrients that vegetarians may need to focus on include protein, iron, calcium, zinc, and vitamin B12.
The National Health and Medical Research Council
Alternatives to animal foods include nuts, seeds, legumes, beans and tofu. For all Australians, these foods increase dietary variety and can provide a valuable, affordable source of protein and other nutrients found in meats. These foods are also particularly important for those who follow vegetarian or vegan dietary patterns. Australians following a vegetarian diet can still meet nutrient requirements if energy needs are met and the appropriate number and variety of serves from the Five Food Groups are eaten throughout the day. For those eating a vegan diet, supplementation of B12 is recommended.
The Mayo Clinic
A well-planned vegetarian diet (see context) can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.
>>
File: dork criminal.png (291 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
dork criminal.png
291 KB, 640x344
>>70961867
>Elizabeth Holmes
You mean the woman was has been banned from her industry for two years for defrauding the FDA?
>>
Hey vegans, why so much pasta in this thread? Don't you know it contains eggs?
>>
>>70958761
Lmao rekt
>>
>>70962207
She has a net worth of $4.5 billion. She's still relatively successful.
>>
>>70962356
Pasta doesn't contain eggs unless you buy it fresh.
>>
>>70956544
A recent study put vegan diets worse than appropriate meat eating diets for health.
>>
>>70962016

A much better predictor for heart disease risk is the ratio between HDL and LDL. The problem with LDL is that some of the species of LDL cholesterol are far more harmful than others, but it requires a much more expensive assay to sort VLDL etc. There are quite a few "good" LDL levels that are actually dangerous due to composition and vice versa.
>>
>>70962160
>>70962186
>believe absolutely anything the American FDA has to say

All they see is: $$$$$$$$$$
>>
I'm vegetarian, and I am healthier as a result. Vitamin supplements do wonders, and whey powder can supplement other vegetarian sources of protein. I don't get why some people perpetuate the myth that you need to eat meat to be healthy, when everything that you could be missing has been synthesized into an artificial supplement.
>>
>>70962356

I found OP's favorite pasta.

It's middle of row 3.
>>
>>70962454
See
>>70962160
And if that is true why do vegetarians have an average life expectancy of over 10 years over meat-eaters? And why do they also have an average IQ of 15 points above meat-eaters(national study conducted by the British government on every 15 year old in the UK)
>>
>>70956544
>implying meat is the cause of obesity and not the massive overconsumption of sugars and other simple carbs
Look at all the processed garbage around us, we add corn syrup and salt to basically ducking everything. We drink shit like sodas that are pretty much liquid candy bars. Some vegetarians and vegans see not eating meat as an opportunity to just eat more of that junk. Those who stick to healthy vegetarian or vegan diets are healthy because they are eating less junk and more healthy stuff.

Not eating meat is not the answer, the answer is simply getting a better diet.
>>
>>70962578

Considering whey protein is milk protein, you are supplementing with an animal origin source.

Milk protein is composed of whey and casein. Whey is faster absorbing than casein, and pretty big with weightlifting and bodybuilding.
>>
Animals aren't people. The only reason they get to live in the first place is because they're tasty, and you expect me to shed a tear that they aren't living in luxury? Fuck off.
>>
You can absolutely go vegan, however it requires careful planning and research.

Stay away from soy.
>>
>>70962878
He's vegetarian not vegan
>>
>>70961810
Yes, it could be very well this. I am on a fat based diet with very reduced carb consumption and I could notice that fat satiates hunger and prevents me from consuming as much sugars as I did before. Vegan diet since it will naturally be low on fats it will depend on a higher intake of carbs, which will lead to more hunger and harder to control cravings for food, sometimes for sugar. That confirms my theory that the human body was meant to be a fat burning machine, hence the diabetes epidemic caused by sugar/carb abuse in Western societies.

That's also my argument against veganism/vegetarianism. Fat based diets combined with intermittent fasting is one of the most healthy, practical and tasty (and economic) ways to nourish oneself.
>>
>>70962499
heart's fine.
doc says it's just good genetics
I just avoid sugar & empty starch is all

even with perfectly fine cholesterol Endricrinologist still wrote a scrip for some bullshit anti cholesterol medication (ativotsomethingorother) his logic being "well, you clearly dont need it, but I never heard of anyone having a problem with low cholesterol, so..." (verbatum)

Purely a financial decision that had nothing to do with health. Gave it a week and dropped it due to some pretty nasty side affects
Lost respect for the guy. Big Pharma indeed.
>>
>>70962633
Organisation's 'positions' aren't backed by the evidence, and are if anything generalised in order to escape a furore, while the evidence isn't everywhere right now.
"Appropriate" vegan diets are not available to vast majority of the populace, as opposed to an omnivorous diet, either, and that's a big problem for veganism.
>Why do vegetarians have an average life expectancy of over 10 years over meat-eaters?
Correlation not causation, the mental attitude and reason behind taking up a vegan diet is usually related to being health conscious, and thus more likely to take an effort to be physically fit and end unhealthy consumption habits (overdrinking, tobacco, etc)
That's not applicable to the general population, as those attitudes aren't because of the vegan/vegetarian diet but the other way around.
>Average IQ of 15 points above meat eaters
Left wingers usually have IQ's greater than Right wingers, yet you're on /pol/. I don't assume you're a moron?
>>
>>70962633
it could just be selection effect, vegetarians are more health conscious than the norm and restrict more than just calorie sources. They still don't live as long as Mormons who abstain from all but do not eat vegetarian.
>>
>>70962906
Why are humans any better though? Because "muh intelligence"? We only believe intelligence is everything because it is our strongest attribute. Just as for nigs everything revolves around "muh dick" because that's their strongest attribute. If you asked a black guy what is more important, intelligence of muh dick, he will say muh dick. Ask a Cheetah if speed or intelligence is better he would say speed if he could. Ego makes us believe our strongest attribute is the most important attribute in the universe. Most people will respond to this by arguing "but muh technology", but objectively that has fucked up the planet just as much as it has helped.
>>
>>70963325

I think statin drugs, which lower cholesterol, have been shown to decrease overall heart disease rates. It has something to due with hampering the ability for triglycerides to attach to vessel walls, and some certain metabolic pathways and shit.

I don't think it is necessarily bullshit, as a lot of physicians take statins regularly even without pre-existing heart disease. That said, muscle pain tends to be a pretty common side effect.

Also, everyone takes a baby aspirin as well, as it has been shown pretty definitively to reduce the rate of colon and gastrointestinal cancers as well as the heart effects. Though, the risk/reward is only considered beneficial in people above age 40 or so since it can cause a higher rate of ulcers and bleeding.
>>
Red Meat makes you fat as fuck, eat it only on occasion.

Chicken, turkey, etc are healthy meats and very lean. Just don't eat too much deep fried white meat and you can have it as a staple in your diet.

Avoid eating shit tier chicken, too.

If you're eating steak multiple times a week you're fucking yourself.
>>
>>70964016
Ask a power lifter if strength or intelligence is better, he'll likely say strength, because his strength is greater than his intelligence. Ask the world's greatest athlete whether they'd rather be athletic or intelligent.
>>
>>70962399
Her net worth is based on her company, which has been found to be fraudulent. The two states they were providing services in have both banned them. There is no business left. Her net worth is going to be negative since her company is finished. She has zero accomplishments other than her company which no longer is an accomplishment. Find a new false idol to worship.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (79 KB, 1023x724) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
79 KB, 1023x724
>>70958244
post body and bloodwork
>>
>>70963615

This is a good post. A lot of people seem to ignore the vast amount of confounds in nutritional research.

Vegetarians are less likely to be smokers and drinkers, and are more likely to have better access to healthcare and have a higher overall socioeconomic status.

It makes it very difficult to suss out the differences rigorously between vegetarianism and other dietary regimens.
>>
>>70956544
>what you eat is the cause of obesity
>not how and how much

Yeah no. As long as people believe this tripe they'll stay fat.
>>
File: image.png (96 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96 KB, 257x250
>>70956544
>Implying the planet can be saved

I give our species a couple hundred years at the most. Might as well be gluttonous bastards and enjoy the remaining time we've got.
>>
>>70964056
>very lean.

The 1970s called, they want their debunked theory back. Your body needs fat and fat as a macro nutrient doesn't make you fat. It's calorie dense so eating the same amount of it as protein or carbs will provide more calories but it is very filling so you are satiated by a much smaller amount of fat than you would need of carbs. In the end you net less calories because you don't end up eating like a pig.
>>
>>70956544
No, I would rather die 10 years sooner with having every meal as pleasure instead of torture.
>>
>>70956544
Who the fuck cares about the planet, we'll all be dead before anything bad happens to it.
>>
>>70964943
true and in the end calories become irrelevant because fats don't cause insulin release and fat PRODUCTION and storage. Carbohydrates cause insulin release and those sugars are converted to fats and stored in the body.

https://lowerthought.wordpress.com/complete-notes-to-good-calories-bad-calories/
>>
>>70958244
It's not just about taste buds, it's also our nutrition
>b-but muh soy!
We don't produce enough soy for everyone. Pure veganism across our entire species is unsustainable.
>>
File: chicken lady.jpg (22 KB, 340x305) Image search: [Google]
chicken lady.jpg
22 KB, 340x305
>>70964902
only if babby is formed
>>
>>70956544
They're right. You shouldn't sugar coat your meat. A meat and cheese low carb diet should contain as little artificial sugar as possible.
>>
>>70962603
Ha. Took me a second.
>>
File: 1439411290705.gif (153 KB, 494x419) Image search: [Google]
1439411290705.gif
153 KB, 494x419
>>70956955
/thread

As always, OP is a faggot. GIF related
>>
Vaganism depends on high carbs

high amounts of carbs leads to cancer and things like degeneration in the brain to cause things like alzheimer disease. Byproducts of glycogen metabolism create excitotoxins which degrade the brain. Carbohydrates signal insulin release and this causes apoptosis and inflammation.

A study was done on the cardiovascular systems comparing elderly Innuit people who had no history of smoking or alcohol consumption. Their cardiovascular systems were more or less in the same shape as the group of colligiate athletes they compared them to. Innuits basically eat a shit load of fat and no carbs.

Carbs are good for short term, intense power in the human body. Having it rely on this as its main energy source instead of fat is a recipe for cancer and degenerative diseases.
>>
>>70958250
this chick and her annoying drug addict husband are all thin and eat nothing but carbs, but both of these two do literally nothing all day except ride bicycles and run. Like 100 miles a day. And then make obnoxious cult click bait youtubes to pull money since they stopped being welfare scammers.
>>
Why do you bigots think plant lives are worth less than Animal lives?
#plantlivesmatter
>>
>>70967900
Are you really saying that eating carbs leds to cancer and degenerative diseases?
Do you have any study or proof to back it up?
>>
>>70967900
holy shit look who crawled out of his moms basement to a paleo seminar
>>
>>70960218
>Honestly? It really doesn't matter. If you really want to improve things using the market against itself, eat only higher quality meat raised in ways you agree with. It will be more expensive, you'll consume it less often, less strain will be placed on local resources, and the market will switch to smaller, more local producers of meat.

Sadly, that's not a proper solution to the problem as well. You can't feed several billion humans on organically produced hipster meat. As much as I prefer that style of meat production, it's not feasible to feed the world without taking a severe ecological hit - deforestation, soil erosion, ..

The answer is simple a drastic reduction of meat consumption (and derived products). I'd personally would switch to an insect diet if it were available here.
>>
>>70968994
There is some evidence in that direction but it's way too early to be able to say for sure.
>>
>eat almost only meat for around 20 years.
>always be very low fat, decent amount of muscle mass. No vegetables.

>start eating healthy, eating vegetables and fruit.
>bloat up like a fucking balloon.
>got huge fucking stretchmarks on my gut that's still there years later.

never again
>>
>>70969636
Why must we feed everyone? There aren't a billion people in the US nor are there that many in the UK. Believing everyone must life by the standards of the third world is just another consequence of misguided egalitarianism. The third world needs to adjust to the carrying capacity of their surroundings. The first world doesn't need to bow down to their level when we have the ability to do better for ourselves.
>>
>>70969925
There's evidence in that direction but you ignore the proof on processed meat giving cancer and heart diseases?

Gosh you speak about carbs like if they were the devil, bro
>>
>>70969636
crickets are available everywhere
>>
>>70970271
At some point, the rest of the world will have capabilities to mass produce meat. Deforestation on an even larger scale will fuck up biomass balance and regional carbon fluxes even more.

When 500 million Chinese enter the middle class in the next decades, they're going to want shit that they haven't had before. Answers are needed. I'm saying mass production of meat isn't sustainable on a global scale.
>>
File: 1403849833252.png (152 KB, 498x405) Image search: [Google]
1403849833252.png
152 KB, 498x405
I'm going to eat some deliciously marinated Tri-tip for dinner in a few hours. Don't choke too much on that dick tonight, OP.
>>
Why is everyone being so retarded about this shit? There is more than full vegan or daily pound steaks.
I eat vegetarian about twice every week and when I eat meat I eat about 150-200 grams if I eat less meat I start to feel weak and crave it... if I eat more meat I become sluggish and gain fat weight. Your body can tell you what your own ideal consumption is and if you have balls you slaughter your own as often as you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 377x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 377x600
>>70958482
>your
>>
>>70956544
While I do agree that we're eating more meat than what's considered healthy, there's more than one cause to obesity besides non-veganism

>convenience of fast food/unhealthy food
>processed food being so widely available
>standard of living so great it leads to decadence
>marketing for unhealthy food and propaganda against healthy food by the media
>lobbying for the junk food companies
>fun exercise not encouraged yet drills and standards must be met
>cutting the amount of food in free lunches wrongly trying to fix a child's diet using an outdated food pyramid
>not singling out fat kids
>>
>>70956544

I rather you did sugar coat it. Honey glaze ham is the bomb.
>>
>>70956544
Why would a vegan diet help the planet? Hope you aren't referring to your pic, because it is wrong.
>>
>>70958250

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfidMguEZY

Banana Girl is a cunt.
>>
>>70970610
>muh livestock feed
My animals are grass-fed. That means there is literally no cost to it (except fertile soil but hey, fuck people that breed like rats and then try to complain about food scarcity).

>muh water requirement
It literally falls from the goddamned sky. I need nothing more than an angled roof and a bucket to supply fresh water to my animals.

>omg teh greenhouze
So it produces a little methane, big woop. Once oil and natural gas phase out due to depletion the GHG levels are gonna drop back down again.

>space requirement
I own a field anyway, why not let some cows graze on it? As stated a few times before: Just because chinks and sandniggers choose to breed like rats doesn't mean I feel any responsibility to supply the things they "need".

>b-b...but diseases
Maybe your immune system is so fucking weak due to all the vegan lentil soup that you can't handle a little e-coli but my gut gives not a fuck. Not to mention that there is this revolutionary new technique called "cooking" that actually kills disease vectors.

Also, have you even had crickets? They're fucking disgusting mate.... Feel free to go full cricket but I'm gonna pass on that shit.
>>
>>70970644
Doesn't matter if answers for the future are needed, at the current time people in the US and the UK both have the resources available to them for being able to eat meat. Either of us eliminating or significantly reducing meat consumption will do nothing for China's problem.
>>
>>70970430
No, I'm being honest. I didn't say carbs = cancer. I said there is some research that seems to indicate that this is possible. I also wrote that more research is needed. You're so thin skinned that you aren't capable of understanding the difference between preliminary results early in research and someone making a definitive statement. It makes you sounds incredibly insecure about your position.
>>
>>70971055
I don't know about other countries but in the US there is a strong correlation between a person's political identity and extreme diet beliefs. The most rapid vegans are almost always Democrats while the "I'll just eat two more animals for every one you don't eat" crowd are almost always Republican. Due to the hyper partisan political climate in the US, even things like diet choice end up being seen as a political statement. Actual science ends up getting lost in the process.
>>
Why it's always americans with their brain dead posts defending their addiction to cadavers?
Public education?
>>
File: sweet jew.jpg (65 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
sweet jew.jpg
65 KB, 380x380
Yes goy, eating meat is what is making you fat! Stop consuming all that protein for your brain, all that synthesis is just making you fat!

Here, have another cookie, it's vegetarian, hehehe.
>>
Meat causes shit like high cholesterol and heart disease, but not obesity. That's sugar
>>
>>70973536
I'm pretty sure it's animal products.

>Mean BMI was lowest in vegans (23.6 kg/m2) and incrementally higher in lacto-ovo vegetarians (25.7 kg/m2), pesco-vegetarians (26.3 kg/m2), semi-vegetarians (27.3 kg/m2), and nonvegetarians (28.8 kg/m2).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2671114/
>>
>>70972936
Re-read your previous post then,

>>70967900
>high amounts of carbs leads to cancer and things like degeneration in the brain to cause things like alzheimer disease

You literally said that carbs leads to cancer + other things. I'm not insecure about what I eat, and I can read pretty well between lines. Unlike you, who can't even remember what you wrote, even though you can scroll up and check it up for youself in few seconds. You're doing damage control by attacking someone else, because you made huge claims without any proof, based on, probably, 'what you feel', and you can't back it up.

Now you want to look more moderate and shit, nah.
>>
>>70973737
Probably because vegans and semi-vegetarians are ones who watch their diets and less likely to eat sugar in the first place. If meat were truly the issue, there would be a much larger discrepancy
>>
>>70958250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVDiD74Rr0U
>>
>>70958379
>I look at food as fuel, so I imagine meat as concentrated fuel.

That would be sunflowers.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.