[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/w orld/americas/canadian-p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14
File: Screenshot_20160414-134337.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160414-134337.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/world/americas/canadian-prime-minister-seeks-to-legalize-physician-assistedsuicide.html?nlid=69180503

Explain Canada.
>>
>>70945406
Supreme court ruled we didn't have a choice, forbidding it is a breach of our charter rights. Oddly it's Trudeau's party that is fighting it the hardest.
>>
>>70945406

everyone has the right to end their life whenever they choose, fuck off burger
>>
>>70945406
So many suicides because of Trudeau's faggotry, this makes it look better.
>>
>>70945406
What's bad about letting people die?
>>
>>70945406
Why can't he legalize weed first though?
>>
>>70945624

Had a talk about this the other day.
There are more suicides then murders per capita, same goes with Burger land. Kind of fucked up when you think about the numbers.
>>
>>70945624
The LPC is just the CPC with fewer core principles and a pretty face.
>>
Explain what? Docs milking patients to their dying breath aint right. My grandpa spent the last weeks of his life so high on pain killers that he didnt even recognize his family anymore
>>
>>70945691

"They" won't let him. AKA All the religions he's been getting gangbang spit-roasted by. Check this fucker's track record for the amount of Mosques, Churches, Temples he's visited.
>>
>>70945406
What exactly is wrong with this? I know if I was terminal and I had a choice between months of pain and agony and a comfortable death, I would absolutely choose the latter.
>>
File: evil sari grin.png (147 KB, 447x345) Image search: [Google]
evil sari grin.png
147 KB, 447x345
>>70945406
>"you're not dying fast enough, native Canadians, let me help you with that"
>>
>>70945691
Because burgers got mad like they did in 2003 and made some empty threats. Once the EU free trade deal is finally ratified in a few months and the new Chinese-Canadian trade deal is ironed out we'll actually have the ability to say 'fuck you pay me' to the Americans.
>>
If a man doesn't have sovereignty over his own life then how can he be called 'free'?
>>
>>70945477
Most of the people who want to kill themselves are liberal party voters.
>>
>>70945406
He should make one of his cabinet members commit suicide.

You know, for equality.
>>
>>70946030
I hope they do, the quicker the better, spend as many tax dollars as they need.
>>
>>70945406
I say Canada should let it happen.
That way liberals can kill themselves when Trump get elected.
>>
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada-s-arms-deal-with-saudi-arabia-what-to-know-1.2858230

wew
>>
>>70945406
After what he has planned for Canada, it just seems like the best way for maplesyrups to go out
>>
They tried to push for that over here a couple years ago too but our conservatists stopped it. Switzerland allows it though.
>>
>>70946263
lol trumps support is higher in canada than it is in the usa. there's a reason he hasn't mentioned canada once, he knows that topic is more off limits than israel.
>>
File: 1460476434118.png (90 KB, 312x332) Image search: [Google]
1460476434118.png
90 KB, 312x332
>>70945406
wow being a cuck must be depressing
>>
>>70946448
It was the supreme court that ruled it had to be done within a year. We have parliamentary supremacy they can shut down court any ruling they want but the people wouldn't tolerate it. Unlike the Americans we don't have a jewish cultural marxist activist bench.
>>
>>70945406
i agree with the faggot on this.
>canadians elect dude weed man to legalize weed
>cant get weed legal
>legalizes suicide instead

queer is really a master troll
>>
>>70946378
Based LAV
>>
>>70945406
Think about it.
Think about it stochastically in terms of outcome like a SJW.
Trudeau wants to depopulate Nunavut so he can buy up snd exploit their newly accessible globally warming real estate.
>>
>>70946648
You fat fucks are so upset at the state of your failed state you need to resort to making up bullshit to feel better about yourselves. It was the Americans that said the border would 'thicken considerably' if we legalized weed, our justice minister said she would proceed on the legalization issue once we have the EU trade deal ratified and the new Chinese one ironed out, otherwise we don't have a leg to stand on.

Once CETA is signed we'll have more economic power over the USA than vice versa. There's a reason the US is trying to force through TTIP as soon as possible.
>>
>>70945406
Have to make room for more refugees somehow.
>>
>>70946938
More illegal mexicans have crossed your southern border in the last three years than refugees have entered Canada since confederation.
>>
File: 1441135198436.jpg (10 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
1441135198436.jpg
10 KB, 226x219
>>70945406
First time I've ever agreed with this faggot on anything. If someone want's to end their life and makes a legally binding agreement to allow someone to do it for them, there is literally nothing wrong with that.
>mfw suicide is illegal in burgerland
>>
>>70948128
Can't you do it in Washington and Oregon?
>>
>>70948128
If it was up to Trudeau it would still be illegal. Our supreme court decided it violates our charter rights and gave the last government one year to change the laws or use parliamentary supremacy and overrule the court.
>>
>>70948128
wtf is wrong with you
>>
File: stefan.jpg (63 KB, 288x386) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
63 KB, 288x386
>>70948453
not an argument
>>
who is the government to tell me i can't die?
what are they gonna after i killed myself? punish me?
>>
>>70948128
>If someone want's to end their life and makes a legally binding agreement to allow someone to do it for them, there is literally nothing wrong with that.

There are so many ways that could go wrong. But I speak from a super-corrupt country which doesn't have a legal death penalty due to the same reasons.
>>
>>70946938
Yes because Canada is famous for it's lack of space.
>>
File: kawaii.png (4 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.png
4 KB, 299x169
>>70945406

More dead Cucknadians? Is there a way I can help push this law? Some online petitions or something?
>>
>>70945406

It should be legal, animals can get a dignified peaceful death and humans can't it's fucking stupid. The only people that appose assisted suicide are religion nutcases.
>>
>>70945406
DUDE DIED LMAO
>>
File: averageserb.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
averageserb.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>70948941
>be poorest country in europe
>have highest suicide rate west of india
>talk shit
>>
File: just.jpg (57 KB, 1056x564) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
57 KB, 1056x564
>>70949197

>Cucknadian thinking his Chink-owned shithole has the right to talk down to anyone

Oh I am laffin'.
>>
File: 185834.jpg (47 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
185834.jpg
47 KB, 600x352
>mfw I smell that loud
>>
>>70945406
already legal in switzerland.

How is it an issue ?

oh yeah suicide sends you to hell
lmao hell dude woooow spooky
>>
>>70949369
>Chink-owned shithole
Where did you get this meme from? I see it on /pol/ quite often. I figured it was just jealous Americans.

There's only one major company that China bought up here in the oil patch everyone wants to work for them (CNOOC). I don't think they have a single job that pays less than $100k/yr. My brother works for CNOOC and he made 12x more than your average yearly salary last year and doesn't even have a highschool diploma. Virtually every government agency here agrees the USA is going down the tubes and probably won't ever recover to its old position, we need to look to China/EU to keep up our standard of living.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/china-open-to-historic-free-trade-deal-with-canada-under-certain-provisos/article28208595/

http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/agr-acc/ceta-aecg/index.aspx?lang=eng
>>
>>70949630
My mum thinks it'll be the start of 'a slippery slope'. Think she imagines doctors will kill off bothersome patients or some bullshit. This is honestly how some people think.
>>
>>70949856
Why not, a bullet is cheaper than housing retards or "the mentally unstable"
>>
>>70945406
>>
>>70945406
Better than a messy suicide
>>
>>70945406

all canadians should kill themselves
>>
>>70950026
you can't use assisted suicide if you're not sane of mind though.
or if you're not in a state where you are conscious of your actions and their consequences.
Protocols are in place to ensure that
>>
>>70946890
Hey, you remember how we had a referendum on the treaty with Ukraine and struck it down?
Dutchies are gearing up to do it again with TTIP.

Get fucked, Canacucks.
>>
>>70945406
This has been a thing in Switzerland for ages. Don't you gun-loving /pol/lacks love that country? Why is it bad when Canucks try to emulate them?
>>
>>70950509
Croatia is the third most popular overseas tourist destination for Canadians after obviously France and the UK. Isn't your Prime Minister a Canadian?
>>
>>70950638
CETA is our deal and literally nobody in the EU opposes it there's just visa issues, TTIP is the American deal that yeah you guys will probably (and hopefully) strike down. The Netherlands was one of the original sponsors of the Canadian-EU trade deal funny enough.
>>
>>70945587

I agree, but there will weird stuff, like nutcases flocking to a nutcase doctor who will help kill a bunch of mentally ill folks.

Maybe thats a win-win but it is ugly.
>>
>>70950688
> a European country
>having a non native as a PM
How do you even think that is legal?
>>
>>70951112
I wasn't wrong. The current Prime Minister of Croatia is a Canadian citizen, was educated in Canada, and made his fortune in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tihomir_Ore%C5%A1kovi%C4%87
>>
>>70951112
Also our head of state is European royalty and shared by the UK, by that measure we're just as European as French/Dutch/UK overseas colonies.
>>
>>70945406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-_uEmdmSsY
While I hate that faggot, It would be a good thing, you stupid cucks
>>
>>70950877
>CETA is our deal and literally nobody in the EU opposes it
We do though. Its under heavy criticism for including ISDS, and we are going to have a referendum on it, and we are going to revoke it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2345646.png (219 KB, 607x482) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2345646.png
219 KB, 607x482
>>70951551
>>
More dead leafs, I see no problem with that
>>
>>70945406
Canada must already have a treaty with some other country on this so it wont happen because.
>>
>>70950603
You trust a liberal government to write the correct protocols? I sure as fuck don't.

We all can't do things correctly like you mountain jews.
>>
>>70951646
Listen guy I know nederland has stuck up to the EU/etc more than virtually every other nation and its citizens aren't afraid to put their foot down but this deal isn't opposed by anyone and was co-introduced by a dutchman, it's already been completed and will be ratified once the EP/EC decide if everyone needs to vote on it or not.

Every nation supported the deal except three, Czech Republic, Romania and Bulgaria and they did so because we require visas because of all the non-native abuse. We ended up allowing Czechs in without visas and the other two aren't resolved yet. There's a good chance member states won't even have the ability to vote on the bill though.
>>
File: 1460662762048.gif (1 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1460662762048.gif
1 MB, 400x320
>>70945406
Now suicide bombers can get government help
>>
>>70951646
Ahh I missed this news apparently they changed the ISDS mechanism due to public sensitivity.

In 2016, the EU Commission announced that it had agreed with the Canadian government to replace ad hoc arbitral tribunals in CETA with a permanent dispute settlement tribunal. The tribunal will consist of 15 members named by Canada and the EU, dealing with individual cases in panels of three. An appeals mechanism will be established to ensure "legal correctness" of awards. The tribunal's members may not appear as experts or party counsel in other investment cases.[28]
>>
>>70952252
You realize it was co-introduced by our government, which hates us, right? Every referendum, every bit of democracy we have left, was due to civilian action. We demanded a Referendum, we werent given one. We are doing it again as we speak.

We arent about to let ourselves be cucked by A FUCKING LEAF!
The petition for referendum has 76,000 signatures already, and only requires an initial 12,000. Youre gonna get refused, son.
>>
>>70952528
It has already been approved and there is no mechanism for the Dutch to block it even if they weren't the ones who co-sponsored it.
>>
>>70952435
Murrica with the bantz.
>>
>>70952520
Doesnt matter. It still has the same provision allowing businesses to sue governments for introducing legislation that could potentially have affected profits.
Socialize the losses, privatize the profit.

We aint about to take any of that, Canacuck. You want to lose billions in tax money to lawsuits from Yank companies, thats your business. We dont.
>>
>>70952650
So was the Ukraine deal. Our referendum law deals specifically with laws that are already approved, not laws under consideration.
>>
File: redditbtfo.png (220 KB, 636x494) Image search: [Google]
redditbtfo.png
220 KB, 636x494
>>>70952520 (You)
You don't understand ISDS and you're confusing TTIP with CETA. You're beyond retarded if you think it means you can sue a country because you lost profit.

Also what's up with constantly parroting this cuck shit like a twelve year old? You have one of the most Islamized populations in the OECD. Your grandparents bent over to Hitler and gave up your sovereignty without so much as a fight, it was Canadians that liberated your swampland of a country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Netherlands
>>
>>70952681
>>70953037
>>
>>70945406
Correct me if I'm workin wrong.
He wants to make legal drugs legal but he still hasn't legalized weed like everyone voted him in for?
Has he done anything he promised his voters?
>>
>>70953463
see >>70946890
>>
>>70953037
>You're beyond retarded if you think it means you can sue a country because you lost profit.
Its literally what ISDS is all about. We have had numerous, numerous inquiries, media programs and parliamentary questionaires over here, all confirming that that is the case.
For instance, a law that tightens antibiotic use in slaughter animals would result in a lawsuit against the government, over lost profit.

You know better than our government and our media, do you? Fucking leafs.
>>
File: AHsOP6c[1].png (544 KB, 737x589) Image search: [Google]
AHsOP6c[1].png
544 KB, 737x589
Canada is basically China now.
>>
>>70953601
No you're absolutely incorrect and it's a common misconception. If Nederland decided to ban antibiotics but only for Canadian beef than there would be an issue with ISDS. Not that is matters in this case as neither one of us allows that shit into our food and most of our agriculture laws and standards were copied from the UK and then later the EU.

We know more about ISDS than anyone else. We're by and far the most sued country in the world and yet we still push for these deals because the settlements are peanuts on the amount of trade.

http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/topics-domaines/disp-diff/gov.aspx?lang=eng

There is only one case that was seen as dubious by the international community and the settlement was $8,000,000 on some $30b in the yearly agriculture sector trade.
>>
>>70953707
You guys have 9x more changs than we do, it's just that almost all ours are filthy rich.
>>
>>70945587
>waiting for mommy state's authorization to kill yourself

Kill yourself.

Apart from that, I don't think a society killing off its own citizens is something I'd think is moral.
Not saying that extending life in a ridiculous manner is any good neither.

I'm not even against suicide, a cousin killed herself and I was the only one in the whole family that didn't insult her. I certainly didn't approve but I wouldn't say bad things about it.

Choosing your own death is your ultimate decision of freedom. Why should you be a faggot and wait for mommy state saying "ok you can go"?

The only occurrence that I can semi-approve is for tired dying gramps. But letting this door open can lead to fucking everybody. Yes yes, the law won't try to let everybody kill themselves, I know, but you open one single door, it will lead to another fucking dozens of them.
>>
>>70945406

I don't see the issue
>>
>>70953707
Half China. The other half is Pakistan.
>>
>>70954061
>If Nederland decided to ban antibiotics but only for Canadian beef than there would be an issue with ISDS
So effectively, thats a yes. Because EU food standards are far, far more stringent than the USAs. And I'd wager, far more stringent than yours too.

We'd ban Most meat from the USA, for instance, for not being up to our standards. And GMO crops. Thats 2 lawsuits in the making already.
>>
>>70954592
I wasn't clear, the whole idea of 'free trade' is that countries won't make laws that discriminate based country of origin. You already have this in the EU, France can't decide one day that wines made in Poland will be subject to an extra tariff or that Polish wine must meet x criteria that doesn't apply to domestic wine. ISDS is the method one uses if this situation arises (such as the USA fucking us over on softwood lumber and then be forced to pay $5b in damages) because you can't have Canadian courts ruling that French laws are against the agreement. It needs to be settled by arbitration.

Honestly the EU is probably the only good faith international actor on the planet. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical but we've been down this road for a few decades now with NAFTA. .
>>
>>70955159
EU is going to crash and burn withing 5 years. If not sooner. How soon all depends on a Brexit and the next Greek debt renegotiation (which starts in July).

The EU? Handle in good faith? HAHAHAHHAHA!
No! All they do is screw people over, steal their money, ruin their markets and destroy national democracy.

>NAFTA
>good
Ask the USA and its 11 million illegals and 50billion trade deficit with Mexico.
>>
>>70946471

Now that you mention it.

Not a single candidate has mentioned us probably because they don't give a shit but I'm interested in your theory.
>>
File: 452524352.png (112 KB, 499x335) Image search: [Google]
452524352.png
112 KB, 499x335
>>70955996
>>
>>70945406
He doesn't want to fund the healthcare system and hasn't, so now the government gets to kill everybody with a hang nail to save mohnie
>>
>>70958604
You never chose to be born. You don't get to decide when to die. This isn't used for disabilities. Get executioners to do it in a funeral home or something. Totally unnecessary and sinful
>>
It pretty much exists for the elderly that are on hospice.
They just give them an extra dose of morphine when they are at their worst and it kills em.
>>
Physician-assisted suicide should be utilized for patients with a painful, fatal disease like ALS

It should not be legalized for all patients but it certainly should for those who only have a long, painful death to look forward to
>>
>>70945587
This.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Suicide should be legal and not looked down upon. There are plenty of people in the world and dying by choice wouldn't mean the end of the world.

If you are miserable and a loser, there is no shame in killing yourself, just as there is no shame in keep on going and trying to fix things.

My body, my choice.
>>
>>70946030
kek
>>
>>70959139
This and only this.
>>
>>70959272
Godless fools. Trudeau is your God now. It's bad enough people off themselves behind barns but to bring it into hospitals is insane. First do no harm. Oh well. Who will care for them? For anybody's safety? There is no moral standard
>>70959044
Palliative care is out the window now. Are we saying there is nothing that can ease anything? Just kill them. Morphine is better. Who will research anything now? After you ask to get murdered, if they cure it the next day not only are you fucked but you get to spend eternity in a sulferous lake of Satan. Because iphones are more important than what we think are the dregs of society
>>
>>70945406
will
>no gf
be a valid reason for assisted suicide?
>>
If I was Canadian I would want to kill myself now too
>>
>>70959272
Suicide is only illegal so that an officer of the law can enter someone's home and intervene if they suspect that someone is attempting suicide
>>
>>70945406
Well I'll be goddamned. Mr 2016-dudeweed-spendtooblivion McSelfie is actually doing something useful.
>>
>>70959548
Also nobody asked them to up the morphine. It is kind of an accidental admission that with "too much" pain relief you just happened to die. Not much suffering sin or illegality there now is there? Now how about a 15 year old with crippling depression? INJECT HER WITH BLEACH AND AIR BUBBLES! Where countries use this, they abuse it. Something like millions in Europe off themselves this way per year. Oregon is a shit show. Probably Utah too and anywhere else. I work in this system. Now I need to figure out what the hell is going on
>>
>>70946890
>live in a country
>other countries decide what laws are created in my country
sounds nice weed dude
>>
>>70959719
Kek
>>
So since this is a Canada general thread when will glass-jaw Trudeau legalize weed?

That was the whole reason why he was elected into office. I know Canada is fucked for years to come unless Trump wins presidency and annexes us but if not then fuck just let me smoke weed while everything is burning down.
>>
first time I agree with the guy
>>
>>70949811

tl;dr
your pm is a literal cuck
your flag is a leaf
and you're trying too hard
gg
>>
>>70962251
>when will glass-jaw Trudeau legalize weed?
Right before the next election. When else?
>>
The world would be a much better place if we just simply let people who didn't want to live die.

Forcing people to live just puts them into a situation where they'll ultimately make everyone else around them miserable.
>>
>Libbies run to leaf land when Trump wins
>Get help killing themselves when we annex Canada

Sounds good
>>
>>70945406
>Explain Canada.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=41e_1460533021
>>
>>70954329
When you're in a coma or in a hospital bed with a terminal disease its entirely your choice whether you want to kill yourself or not, not the state's.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.