[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pharmacy still a good job to pursue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (948 KB, 1246x695) Image search: [Google]
image.png
948 KB, 1246x695
Is Pharmacy still a good job to pursue?
>>
You have to go outside to get a job, OP.
>>
>>70940921
A NEET in training comes into your office and asks for NEET bucks. What do you do?
>>
Yes I would surmise that you sir are already a large structure that houses various pharmaceuticals in large quantities.
You are a pharmacy
Now dispense
>>
>>70941923
>I'm considering going into medicine.
Heh, it's going to be an awfully tight fit for you.
>>
Eh, it's pretty saturated and the stress makes it feel like McDonalds if you work in a shitty location. AMA

t. Canadian pharmacist
>>
>>70942357
What do you masturbate to?
>>
>>70942357
how is your relationship with your father?
>>
>>70942357
It is McDonalds, instead of a burger and fries you're dispensing drugs.
>>
>>70940921
In Germany, places for Pharmacy are restricted and the study itself is hard work, so it pays off here.

You can always (!) count on a basic position in a drugstore and make a better-than-average salary.

Murica might be another sorry.
>>
>>70942451
Pegging and shemales. Please help me.

>>70942522
Awful. He used to beat me.

>>70942526
Pretty much. You get the same respect unfortunately.
>>
>>70943055
where did this same respect as mcdolands meme come from? even in Spain they get treated a lot better, as actual healtchare workers.
>>
>>70943881
I don't know, but I worked at fast food before I was a pharmacist. Same thing. People wait in line and want their food/drugs and don't care about the quality. They just want it fast, leading to no respect. Doesn't matter if you're the best or the worst as long as it's fast. I wish for death on a daily basis.
>>
>>70942526
This. I dated a girl in highschool who was a pharmacy technician. Fancy way of saying "pill counter".
>>
Being a pharmacist must be tiring.
>>
That username.

>cvs
>>
>>70944377
I get my medication there. Great place.
>>
>>70940921
Not in the US unless you're living in rural areas.
Fuck off, we're full. We're sitting on an employment bubble. in 2005, there was 7200 grads, there was over 20k grads last year.
t. oncology pharmacist who shitposts on pol all the goddamn time.
>>
>>70944377
>username
>>
>>70940921
To put it in perspective of someone who had both parents as pharmacists, no.

You work long stressful hours despite what you think, you deal with sick annoying people constantly, when hundreds of interns come to try it and less than five remain after that paints a good picture.

It's not an lol free six figures for pushin pillz job,and corporate will majorly fuck with you as much as they can of you don't produce "numbers". The money isn't worth it.
>>
>>70944507
No, it isn't. It's the goddamn worst.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pharmacy/comments/3260q6/i_hate_my_job_so_much/

>inb4plebbit
>>
>>70944723
Can confirm. Worked at Walgreens for 2 years, making over 140k a year at age 24 and 25. I wanted to fucking kill myself almost every day. You sell your soul to the devil, and compromise everythign you stand for.

Would you run government housing only for syrian refugees for 150k a year? And deal with all the problems that arise? Good money, for sure. But is it worth it?
>>
Why do these exist when machines can replace them?
>>
>>70944957
Machines over react to everything and old people don't trust them.
>>
>>70944957
Can't replace a human brain. Pharmacists do about 75 things in a retail setting.
>>
>>70942357
Pharm intern working in a poor area of St. Louis at a Walgreens, with a drive-thru, and I agree with this anon here. Patients are rude, and do treat the place like a McDonalds. The pharmacists do not really need that much working knowledge, and the regional manager is corrupt as fuck. Took a shift for a friend at a nicer area, and it's very different.

If you do, expect the career to change sooner or later. Also, avoid cities, as there is a severe glut of pharmacists, and do not scoff at working in lower population areas.
>>
>>70940921
Pharmacy student here.
In many countries pharmacy is considered only to be a shitty retail job but here in America pharmacists make big bucks because their power (e.g. can administer vaccinations now) is slowly increasing to match your typical doctor.
>>
>>70946825
They're also starting to ease pharmacists into prescription power as well (see psychology pharmacists and VA pharmacists). Biggest road block so far has been doctors. Shit, even Advance Nurse Practitioners have some prescribing power.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.