[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone actually explain to me what's America's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: obongo_by_artisticphotographer.jpg (10 KB, 286x200) Image search: [Google]
obongo_by_artisticphotographer.jpg
10 KB, 286x200
Can someone actually explain to me what's America's plan in Syria right now? what do they hope to achieve by trying to get rid of Assad?
Why does Obongo want to get rid of Assad all of a sudden anyways?
>>
Oil
>>
>>70933621
Pretty rare flag detected.
>>
>what do they hope to achieve by trying to get rid of Assad?

Less refugees, Assad creates tons of refugees that want to live in a Sharia state.
>>
>>70933420
Restore peace
Restore peace
all of a sudden where the fuck have you been for five years.
>>
>>70933420
America always wants same thing everywhere since beginning of USA. To conquer land and to sell you their products. They basically want Syria to buy from them, either legally or illegally.
Americans don't care if they best at building or turning shit around, as long as they are doing it.
>>
After Obama I expect American ground forces in Syria.
>>
>>70933420
>Why does Obongo want to get rid of Assad all of a sudden anyways?
He doesn't, he's been pretty clear that he hates the Middle East and wants nothing to do it with it.
>>
Fuck it up to let the Sauds have more control so we can get oil dirt cheap.
>>
>>70933420
Ask Israel, we're not really sure either but they probably know.
>>
>>70933420
"Muh democracy" as far as I can tell. It's definitely part of something bigger though, I hope Russia cucks us in Syria and Assad stays in power.

>>70933621
>he fell for the oil meme
>>
>>70933998
Do you even know why you been in Vietnam? I ask because almost nobody in USA or Vietnam knows why.
>>
>>70934090
Because Eisenhower fucked up the Geneva convention, and formed SEATO, they were militarily obligated to.

Stupid belief in domino theory in the 50's led to that, politicians in the 60's were saddled with shitty choices and literally had meetings trying to find a way out without hurting their "pride" by "losing vietnam"
>>
>>70934090
The short propaganda version we got in school was "USSR tried to make the north into communism, we wanted the south to be a free democracy. Then some stuff happened and hey look, the middle-east is calling us! Fuck 'nam, this place blows, go watch Apocalypse Now if you want to know more"
>>
>>70934242
Woodrow Wilson fucked up when he told Ho Chi Minh to fuck off after the latter asked for help gaining independence post WWI.
>>
>>70934354
The short answer is: USA wanted more global market share. Of course Communism was in the way since they didn't even want stocks, not to mention allow international companies. Now we have this global connected market and now there is a fight who controls it, which is an neverending fight.
>>
>>70934626
>>>70934354
>The short answer is: USA wanted more global market share
So did the Soviets
>>
>>70933420
There is a lot of shit going on.

First you have the gas pipe going from Syria, since you need Syrian permission to build the pipe and they were giving the "western allies" projects the middle finger and supporting the ruskies.

Then you have the muslim Sunni Vs Shia bullshit on local and state level, where Syria has a Pro Shia minority goverment and then the Saudis backing Sunni rebels (Isis but also Al Nusra, Al qaueda in Syria basically) and then the US trying to not so openly support the same rebels because of 1 and because the US can't stop suck Saudis dick.
>>
>>70934753
Soviets and Vietnam didn't had same market, they own had different market of their own. Nowadays we have global market which connects all countries.
>>
>>70934438
that too, but tbf there was no way Woodrow Wilson could have predicated that the little deformed chink in front of him would have actually beat the french at the time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.