[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why dont millennials want to work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: temp a.jpg (143 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
temp a.jpg
143 KB, 624x420
Why dont millennials want to work
>>
why is your mom so fat
>>
>"""No jobs"""
>>
>>70926437
nobody wants to work.

the only reason people work for 45 years is in the vain hope that they'll have enough money saved to never work again after that.
>>
>>70926437
No jobs you stupid cunt.
>>
>>70926545
This
>>
you think you do but you don't
>>
>>70926437
is it because they spend to much time making sexy anime like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEL6U5hooXg
>>
>>70926437
Why don't boomers hire me? Oh wait because I changed jobs three times in one year and can't show up on time reliably.

Fuck it starting my own business anyways. As it turns out, you don't have to be up at 7 am every morning to provide a service for someone.
>>
It's not that there are no jobs, it's that no employer wants to touch an unwashed, obese feminist that will scream at customers simply for being white and/or male.
>>
>>70926640
Source nigger....plz
>>
Because they need a huge war to force them back to reality.
>>
File: 1443732529963.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1443732529963.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>you will never be part of the Jackass crew
>>
Because I can't stand being surrounded by norms

I don't even mind working hard and I could certainly use the money
But damn those norms...
>>
>>70926437
people only work to impress women

some of us dont want to play that game
>>
>>70926437
I'd gladly work from 9-5 in a factory, making enough money to buy a house, car, and support a family on my income alone.

I'm not going to work 10+ hours every day on a swing shift for peanuts that won't even pay off a car loan, let alone qualify you for a mortgage. Likewise, I'm not going to college for 4 years to get a degree, then work in the service industry for $9.50/hr for 5 or 6 years until a "management" position opens up and I get a whopping bump to $14.50.
>>
partly a sense of entitlement. in the US, increasing numbers of millennials get degrees, which used to guarantee a job. when they can't find a job compatible with their crappy degree, they move back home and wait for something to appear rather than starting at the bottom of some corporation.
>>
>>70926437
they don't have to work because chinese can make their shit for cheap and illegals can do all the "hard" work. perfect life that can go on forever with no long term repercussions.
-t.retards
>>
>working for jews to import more brown and black people
Wonder fucking why
>>
>>70926437
there is no point
no point to do anything
why even start a family when every german's shit is going to get cucked
>>
>>70926437
Let's see...

The only way to get your foot into any job of high pay is to be pretty much perfect at everything. Perfect grades, perfect record, perfect scores in extracurricular activities, and so on. But that won't mean dick if you don't have a large number of "networks" to fall back on. What's that? You think the entire idea of "networking" is shallow, slimy, and ruins actual relationships? Well tough shit! And assuming you don't have all of that, enjoy going thousands of dollars into debt if you go to college, or, you better hope and pray you know an simple as shit skill like computers or cars. If not, when you graduate you can be guaranteed to be out of a job for a long ass time and even then, have a great possibility of working a low paying office job regardless if you fell for the STEM meme or not. If you're REALLY lucky, you'll be making 80k by the time your 40-50. If not, better get use to that 40k salary

It feels like no matter what job you go in to, there is always something set up to fuck you over.
>>
>>70926437

>what's that? You want paid overtime? Where's your work ethic, you lazy bum?
>make sure to come in on evenings and weekends, or you're a bad employee with no work ethic
>you want free time? Why are you so work-shy and lazy? Back in my day, we had this thing called work ethic

Sure, some people are completely fine with above, but I suppose there's something in the culture that leans towards the other way now.

Though what exactly is a millenial? I read an article recently about people living with their parents which said that mllenials were the generation born who would become adults at 2000, having been teenagers in the 1990's so the youngest would be mid-30's by now, but on the other and people use it to refer to people still at university who wouldn't have been anywhere near adulthood during 2000.
>>
>Hi I want a job.
>Okay you will work for 10 dollars an hour.
>No that is below the minimum pay requirement!
>Fine, we'll just give your job to a refugee or immigrant that has to take the job or their family will starve.
>Wow that sucks, but I won't work for peanuts.
>WELL AREN'T YOU ENTITLED.
>>
>>70926437
>Implying anyone wants to work

Doing what you must for the good of others is a dead concept in America. We're all good and fucked.
>>
File: 1406621428636.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1406621428636.gif
1 MB, 300x200
Because it's fucking trash, the amount of effort you have to expend just to land a shitty retail job around here is insane. I managed to get myself one after countless applications and it's not even worth it if I'm totally honest. I hate this fucking worthless existence.
>>
the dindunuffin's influence white cucks to glorify being a lazy poorfag
>>
>>70926936
1982 is the beginning of the millennial generation
>>
>>70926814
I wish I was the film crew for wildboys
>>
>>70926814
Say that in VR and I'll beat you.
>>
>>70927075
This and probably the fact that affirmative action in the US is cuking all ge white males out of getting hired with the "equal opportunity employment" bs
>>
>>70926675
>you don't have to be up at 7 am every morning to provide a service for someone.
>t. coked up hooker
>>
File: 1460163033974.jpg (44 KB, 516x604) Image search: [Google]
1460163033974.jpg
44 KB, 516x604
>>70927075
>>
>>70926938
13.25 at a warehouse In newbrunswick with no hoghschool diploma.
Git good scrubs.
>>
>>70927167
Facebook was the beginning of the millennial generation.

Anything else is horseshit that doesn't accurately portray the problem.
>>
>>70927197
Every time I see that "equal opportunity employment" line on an application, I know I'm not going to get hired. I apply anyway, but so far, not a single "equal opportunity employer" has contacted me even for menial/entry level work.
>>
>>70927287
i meant the actual birth year it starts, not subjective cultural bullshit.
>>
Maybe I should start putting my gender as trans on my resume to improve my chances of getting hired.
>>
>>70927303
I worked as a manger for CVS and you are correct.

White male applications rarely even made to my desk from the website.
>>
>>70926437
I tried.
I really tried.
In the first few weeks I can stay motivated and work well, but I completely mentally shut down when it starts getting boring and I literally can't work anymore.
>>
>>70927269
Glad you got a job but I'd hardly brag about it

$13.25/hr in the US is the equiv of $19/hr in Aus (Cost of Living adjustment)

I made $23/hr ($15.25) picking pinnapples one summer
>>
>>70926834
>I can't into capitalism so I hate it
>>
If you're not in a trade, white collar job or self-employed you're stuck in retail. Retail ranges from okay at best (usually brick and mortar stores where you know the owner) to more dehumanizing than actual slavery (corporate fast food retail)

And it's hard to get into a trade or white collar job without a friend on the inside but lots of millenials are friends with just other millenials who are stuck in retail.
>>
Resource Based economy
>Its teh future

UBI
>Its in the short term

Work should be part time up to 20 hrs a week, max. Automation should do the rest.
>>
>all of the low level white collar jobs are taken by females
>all the low level jobs males can get are backbreaking manual labor which often pays less than the cushy female jobs
>only way out of this is to try and get a degree, in which you are competing for very few open spots, not to mention the government is forcing them to hire even MORE females and minorities
>because I can't get a halfway decent job, I can't get a gf and even if I could she would eventually cheat with white collar chad and leave me because she isn't dependent on my income

Why are boomers mad at us when they are the ones who fucked the system up?
>>
>>70926437
Because the job description requires you to have 2-5 year (minimum) experience as well as be 20 or at least close to it.
>>
File: 1424738746379.jpg (119 KB, 900x622) Image search: [Google]
1424738746379.jpg
119 KB, 900x622
>>70926933
i have no problem supporting myself and saving a few hundred dollars a month at 40k a year. but i didn't go to college and don't have any children.

education debt convinces people that it's hard to get by on less that 120k salary but it's a manufactured necessity. also if you buy cars used, can work with your hands a little bit, and cook for yourself, you're putting away money that most people give away as a matter of course.

cigarettes, alcohol and meat are a totally different story. consuming any one of those three regularly will drain you for a couple hundred a month at least

if you live happily within your means, you don't seem as desperate to get ahead, and if you're less desperate, you can find the presence of mind and peace to evaluate your situation and watch out for the next good opportunity

americans were tricked into believing in the myth of convenient opulence and early retirement. if we just look at these expectations that people have of themselves that make them unhappy as products of western politics in the middle of the last century, we can move forward without holding the same mistaken beliefs and behaviors
>>
>>70926437
They do though?
>>
>>70927496
It's a rigged game, anon. Why shouldn't I hate it? I would've loved living in a capitalistic society before 2008; my father supported the family without a college degree, my mother didn't have to work, and we lived happily and comfortably on a single income in the 90s.

Now, it's just not worth it to even try. You have to be extremely lucky or extremely ruthless, and I'm neither. There are 330 million people in the US, with more streaming in every single day, and automation/computers/outsourcing killing jobs practically guarantees the US turning into Brazil 2.0 in the next 20 years or so. It's not the kind of society that I want a future in, giving me no impetus to work for anything other than food and warmth.
>>
>>70926437
Working when yong requires being thick skin to the humiliation that comes from the bosses, and we all know that thick skin is not a millennial thing.

t. millennial
>>
>>70926437
why do you keep posting this jackass
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 797x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 797x740
I do work. It's a shitty job, but it's better than not working or being a neet.
>>
>>70926437

Providing tax revenue to my faggot goverment makes me physically ill
>>
21 yo here I work 60 hours a week you stupid boomer faggot I'll fucking wrek u m8 I swear on me mum
>>
>>70926437
Nobody wants to work you fucking idiot.
>>
Do people really expect employers to call your ass? You guys are telling me you don't initiate and call them/ Show them you have some energy at aleast? no wonder you don't have jobs top kek
>>
Why would you want to work? Shit sucks.
>>
>>70927909
>>70927477
Well wow, kek, what a bunch of bitches these hardened South Americans are. I thought they where die-hard hard workers trying to succeed no matter what.
>>
>>70927993
if you work on a w-9 you have way more of a say in how much you owe the government for existing

also it means you can pay the government at the end of the year instead of loaning them a couple cartons of exploding bullets every week and getting a meager tax refund
>>
>>70928016
>mum
>flag

explain self, fake burger
>>
>>70928076
Who told you that?
Everyone knows Brazil is the country of laziness and debauchery.
>>
Older millennial here. I got my first real job at 18 in the call center of a credit union. The other 25-30 employees, including the managers, were all women. I recommend call centers as entry-level jobs because there's an emphasis on training and customer service, which helps throughout your career.

A friend of mine started in a call center at Fidelity and has been working his way up the ranks since.
>>
>>70928150
>he's so new, he doesn't know the meme
>>
File: 0rhbrh4.jpg (568 KB, 1163x1938) Image search: [Google]
0rhbrh4.jpg
568 KB, 1163x1938
>>70926437
aussie government coasted on the mining boom, doing nothing to prepare for for the boom's inevitable end. i've got a bunch of friends with STEM degrees, they've all had multiple jobs for varying companies that ultimately laid them all off because the boom is slowing and the shit show in canberra with government changing every few years means that federally funded infrastructure projects are funded then defunded, year to year. this results in junior engineers (millennials) being tossed back in to the job market every few months or years. all of my friends are either earning their masters or flipping burgers
>>
>>70928076
Never stated i was one of those millennials, tho. In fact, i'm at work right know with my normie boss shouting at me.
>>
>>70926437
Because they spent all their life playing video games and they want to keep doing that.
>>
NEETbux too good.
>>
>>70928221
Hard at work posting on 4chan.
>>
>>70926834
>car loan
Nigger wtf are you doing
>>
>>70928201
that not kewl friend
>>
File: 1425666316498.png (772 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
1425666316498.png
772 KB, 674x7920
>>70927766
Adding an image to your post.
>>
>>70928060
>"hi Id like to interview you for a front-desk position position at Motel 6 tomorrow"
>cant go weekdays
>"ok I'll talk to the weekend manager to see if we can arrange something and let you know"
>wait a week, no call
>call him
>hears that its me
>hangs up
whatever dork
>>
>>70926938
BASED
a
s
e
d
>>
Jobs. Jobs jobs.

I'm 22. I have a pretty cool job in a coil coating facility in maint.

I always tell my friends I can get them in. It pays well even for line guys..

But guess what?! All these fucking kids want to do is smoke weed.

All decent jobs require a drug test and these stupid fucks can't stay clean for a week let alone a month.

Tldr; lol weed
>>
>>70928330
>hard work
>hard

Again, never stated such thing :^)
>>
>>70928229
sad but kind of true

new hires at my firm are always gabbing about vidya like i'm going to relate to them because i don't wear a suit

and they all drink sugary drinks and eat prepared foods

sugar and video games are effectively worse for your brain than heroin of middling quality
>>
>>70928076
no thats Mexicans(in the US, mainly 1st generation)
>>
>>70928420
It took me multiple months of not smoking to get clean for my job.

Shit sucks.
>>
>>70928420
That's what fake piss is for. Unless you're trying to be some sort of law enforcement or there are random tests fake piss works just fine. And if there are random tests, fuck working there anyways.
>>
Why work when you get anything you want for free.
>>
File: 1459275547025.jpg (62 KB, 851x623) Image search: [Google]
1459275547025.jpg
62 KB, 851x623
Whole lot of effort just to have the government take half your paycheck and give it to brown people. When the boomers got into the job market they could at least always daydream about how the future would be better but my future will probably only look darker and darker (literally) each year.
>>
>>70926933
>>70927838
Both of these
>>
>>70928420

explain more about your job.

do they have that in Canada also?
>>
>>70928420
i disagree with drug testing on privacy grounds but in manufacturing it is more understandable as people tend to sue the shit out of eachother for every little thing, and there's heavy machinery in action

drug tests at hiring or after a work accident are understandable but randomized drug testing is a little dehumanizing
>>
>>70928591
>Be Swedish
>Get fucked by Ahmed
>Cuddle him afterwards

Such is life for a Swedebro
>>
>>70928382
>The jobs with an even mix of sexes are the least skilled
Well, that's a bit worrying.
>>
File: 1459764978145[2].jpg (285 KB, 1484x1079) Image search: [Google]
1459764978145[2].jpg
285 KB, 1484x1079
>>70926437
>Why dont millennials want to work

Why would you want to work?
I wish I could live without working, cause I sure don't want to. What a waste of my time on this planet, I could be sleeping or masturbating instead.
>>
>>70926437
there is no need to, enjoy life, live on welfare and let cucks pay your shit till the stupid system collapses.

I have zero interest in working for society like that and help it to keep running , or paying taxes for anti german white propaganda and politics.
>>
WHY DOES EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR ME SUCK
>>
>>70928214
Is that a dick down there?
>>
>>70928757
Retail employees who take their job seriously are mocked to no end.

I ran manager for this shit for YEARS. Niggers are worthless beyond belief.
>>
I was working, I just quit a job recently because it was making me depressed (worked at a restaurant when I was 16). worked there for almost 4 years. tried finding a job in retail but since it's impossible now I'm looking at restaurant jobs again, old job replaced me in less than a week
>>
>>70926437
Because most millennial were told they need to go to college in order to get a job and probably 90% of them get useless degrees. After 4 years of school they are no more qualified to flip burgers then a high schooler but have the added bonus of thousands in debt. So like most people who have been scammed they don't want to admit they made bad choices and try to shift the blame elsewhere.
>>
>>70926437
Because people lie too much in 21st century, can't even figure out how many Mexicans are in USA.
>picture related (money not important lie)
>>
>>70926437
>Why dont millennials want to work

because we're coddled and most of us dont have hard-ass parents so we rot online and end up socially retarded
>>
JUST GOT THE POSITION AT LOCKHEED MARTIN YEAHHHH FUCK ALL YOU LAZY SHITS
>>
>why don't millennials want to work?
>posted on 4 chan at 10 am on a Thursday
Haha, good one, bro! xD
>>
never quit a job without something else lined up
>>
>>70927269
I make $17/hr plus $2 a delivery delivering pizzas.

Why are you bragging about $13?
>>
Why should I work? I get enough money to survive without working and I would just waste my life
>>
>>70929131
>implying western slut women are the biggest social retards
Being social with everybody isn't good either.
>>
>>70929234
Words to live by brother
>>
File: 1339311080762.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1339311080762.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>70928949

i ask myself this question every morning.

life is suffering.
>>
College debt is fucking overwhelming nowadays. Luckily my parents paid off my college debt because they were responsible and started putting money into a college fund the day I was born. You can always find work for the government. I work for the fed govt and make 40k a year plus benefits doing basic sys admin stuff. It's a pretty average salary but I haven't even been out of college for more than a year and I bumped up 2 pay scales every year so I should be making about 50-60k by the time I'm 25 which is ok I guess. Just don't buy stupid Shit and cook for yourself it's not that hard
>>
>not pooping at work
baka desu senpai
>>
>>70929316
>Being social with everybody isn't good either.

i was trying to say that the skills that pay said bills are usually social ones, we suck at networking
>>
>>70929199
Nice dood. But if your'e a contractor you need to be sure that your contract will get renewed
>>
>>70927492

did you just call NB american?
>>
>>70929303
Because if you don't work you end up wasting your life shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>70929542
no man I'm a fulltime college graduate next month it feels great 2bh I had an offer from USAA and Fidelity but I got lockheed
>>
>>70926437
>>70926437
They do work: as Youtube streamers, Twitch streamers, ...
>>
>>70926530

No jobs doing what?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>tfw shitposting at work
>>
>>70929711
Vlogging
>>
But I work two jobs.
>>
>>70929721
Get back to work, Pajeet.
>>
File: just2.jpg (76 KB, 321x348) Image search: [Google]
just2.jpg
76 KB, 321x348
>>70929628
>mfw there are "youtubers" who are richer than you
>>
>>70929721
That is one tiny hand and wrist combo, anon. You're a perfect nu-male.
>>
>>70929804
There are also webcam whores who are richer than me.
>>
>>70929721
What job doesn't have 4chan blocked of all places?

Your job as a twitch steamer, perhaps?
>>
The word "work" automatically implies a force acting against an unwilling object.
>>
>>70929628
One of my good friends growing up was iijeriichoii. He's a YouTube/twitch streamer with 1,000,000 subscribers and all he does is play counterstrike and mine craft and scream at the computer. I can't believe you can make money doing that
>>
>>70929607
>not using your day giving communist revolution posters to people
>>
>>70929804
>>mfw there are "youtubers" who are richer than you

yeah, but they probably started out okay to begin with, in US we have saying "it takes money to make money"

look at half of these YouTubers and you'll probably find them coming from households in 150-250K monthly range
>>
>>70929824
>tfw I squat 450lbs
>>
>>70929067
You don't have to return to fast food, anon. Wait till a retail position opens, fill out an application, and then call the manager every couple of a days until you get the job. It works everytime, no joke.
>>
File: fuckthisworld.png (335 KB, 1234x515) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisworld.png
335 KB, 1234x515
>>70929804
:^ )
>>
>>70926437
Because it means lowering yourself to subhuman standard to compete with the labour of immigrants and chinks.

And all the while other, richer millennials laugh at this plight and spout "THEY DUK URH JERBS" mockingly.
>>
>>70929938
>unwilling

That implies sentience, retard. Work is a force against an object. That's it.
>>
>>70928644
We coat steel and aluminum coils. The coils unwind at one end zoom through a wash, paint, and then ovens before being rewrapped on the other side. We paint the material Gillette makes their razors out of, among other things.

I would imagine they have similar facilities in Canada. Yes.
>>
>>70929916
>implying I use the wifi

4g baby
>>
>>70929997
>call the manager

this

literally every job Ive ever had I called a few days after applying, works every time

I think its like a shit test
>>
>>70929986
Wow you're really strong! !:^o
>>
>>70930045
Until you realize that 50% of that goes straight to YouTube, and THEN you get taxed on top of that.

Youtubers don't make as much as they gross.
>>
Genx reporting in. You fuckers are too whiny and since we'll be in power not too soon, you whiners are going to the fields to pay off the debt the fucktard boomers gave us all.

Now get my double double bitch.
>>
>>70929986
That's not impressive at all.
>>
>>70930172
Stronger than you and likely earning more money :^)
>>
>>70930202
Still a pretty damn nice income for doing something people did for free for years
>>
File: 1401048709032.jpg (580 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
1401048709032.jpg
580 KB, 1012x1500
Since most of them require over 2+ years of experience I have a choice between cleaning toilets while living in my parents house or being a NEET in my parents house.

I guess I'll join the army like a genetic fail would during the boomer days oh wait no wars and I'd fail the psych requirements. I guess I'll struggle to better myself so I can buy... I mean loan a nice hou... I mean trash apartment in the future with no wife ever. Nevermind
>>
>>70926437
spoiled special snowflakes
>>
>>70930202
Still,

He make millions each year from just recording himself sperging out while playing video games.
>>
>>70930268
Yeah, but it's still a full time job. He needs to make X videos a week and receive X amount of views on each. You're paid by views, and it isn't a lot.

Anyone who deludes themselves into streaming for a living will find that it's easier to go to a job than to play vidya for Youtube
>>
>>70929262
>implying anyone wants Aussie dollariedoos
>>
Because they support lazy never-do-wells like Bernie Panders, who never worked a real day in his life. And they get promised free shit not to work
>>
>>70926437
I really have two options. Both which I don't really like but will have to work.

I either wake up at 5:30AM every morning, hop in my car and drive 15 miles to work in rush hour traffic. Work until 4:00. Come back at around 5 only to sit in more rush hour traffic. Just so I can go to bed at 8pm so I can wake up and do it again the next day.

Seriously, for $13.00 an hour I am stressing myself to the point of no return. Trying to live in this basement for 800 dollars a month, when that's about what I make every month after taxes and other expenses.

OR...

I could work a part-time job maybe 2-4 nights a week as a delivery boy/server. Go buy a really nice tent and camp out in the woods. Need to shower? I have a gym membership for 15.00 a month and they have showers so I am not too worried. It would just be me, my dog and a bible.
>>
>>70929978
>look at half of these YouTubers and you'll probably find them coming from households in 150-250K monthly range

You think thats bad, until you realize some kids literally buy thier own record deals with daddy's money.
>>
>>70930250
You are the winner of the argument! ! :D xD
>>
>>70928407
>can't go weekdays
well that's your problem there, if you wanted to get a job you have to make your schedule work for them, that's what I imagine they'd like to hear
>>
>>70926437
Why do millenials keep making threads asking other millenials about millenials?
>>
File: 1447353823948.png (39 KB, 242x300) Image search: [Google]
1447353823948.png
39 KB, 242x300
>>70927075
Open marcets, dude.
It is called hyper-competition.

Good for the State and Companies, bad for you.

>wanna live in a traditional society, ha?
>>
>>70930160
The managers I have talked to say that they get a lot of applications for every job opening, and that they don't even look at the applications if people don't call them. When there is 50 applications for one job, it is hard to stand out any other way.
>>
>>70926437
Hi Steve-o
>>
>>70930456
its so much worse than that, nepotism pretty much rules all in entertainment as well

being rich and/or connected is EVERYTHING and if we're not careful people will get to be president just by being the son or wife of a president
>>
>getting paid $8/hr to make roughly $300/hr worth of food

Oh boy, love this capitalism!
>>
>>70930492
This. My brother works at a grocery store that didn't hire anyone who didn't call at LEAST 3 or so times. It is a popular job for high schoolers, so why would an employer waste ANY time following up if you haven't done anything to stand out or even imply that this is a job you want, and not just one on a long list of applications.
>>
File: inequality.jpg (156 KB, 1155x810) Image search: [Google]
inequality.jpg
156 KB, 1155x810
>>70926834
Then what we need to do is undo Reaganomics, and reestablish the tax rates, programs, and regulations that were created under the New Deal and led to the most prosperous middle class the world has ever seen.

1/2
>>
>>70930710
>implying that all the work that went into $300/hr of food is being done exclusively by you and no one else deserves a paycheck from the finished product
>>
>>70926517
Roastes
>>
File: big guy.png (650 KB, 823x683) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
650 KB, 823x683
>tfw trust funded
>>
File: taxthresh311.png (7 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
taxthresh311.png
7 KB, 400x318
>>70930811
2/2

70% is basically the magic number. You need a top tax rate of ~70%+ to make sure that your middle class can prosper.
>>
why does this country not emphasize economic skills in mandatory schooling?

we should have whole classes devoted to filling out applications, writing resumes, keeping track of checking/savings accounts, how to use/build credit, instead we get math we never use and we have to memorize the Gettysberg address, it's almost like they want us to fail
>>
>moved to the US from shitpostdownunderland in March 2013 at age 23
>my green card was finished processing by Feb 2014
>Never went to college/uni
>applied to several tech businesses as a service desk technician, had heaps of interviews within a week.
>landed a job starting at 17/hr with no prior work experience in the USA.
>moved up to tech support within a year, then lead on my own project just last month
>People I know insist there is no jobs, or that there is only burger flipping.
>I keep sending them links for applications for companies looking for people to do a call center
>they always say may I don't want to do that, I hate talking on phones

Nigga, those jobs can start at $15/hr and barely requires any experience, just that you are friendly and talk nice on a phone. Plus there are huge advancement opportunities with them. Fucking go outside your comfort zone and do some easy work that pays well above what it should be.
>>
>>70929413
How do I work for the government? I want a job like this.
>>
>>70931074
>le hardworking immigrant meme
Awesome
>>
>>70931070
>math we never use

and you wonder why you can't get a job
>>
>>70926437

what's the fucking incentive? Decent jobs demand experience regardless of how many degrees I have and the McJob will result in me paying of some rich cunts mortgage for the rest of my life.
>>
>>70931180

I work so hard that I am at work right now shit posting on /pol/ for $19/hr
>>
>>70931074
I could get a job with my state's Dept of Transportation for like $18/hr, no experience or degree required, and people whine to me about no jobs. People have too high of expectations or too shitty of a work ethic.
>>
>>70931074
Talking on the phone all day...I don't see people doing that for more then 6 months. That's why they are always hiring. They turn over employees like crazy!
>>
>>70931070
Oy vey!
Of course not, goy!
Now remember, the civil war was a war about slavery, not state's rights!
World war II?
All you need to know is that America stopped the NAZIS!!! from killing the Jews.
Never forget the holocaust, and if you're white and from the south, don't forget to feel guilty about slavery!

What do you mean teach skills? That's what college is for!
>>
>>70931317
It almost like people nowadays are lazy or something!

It's a fucking phone, if you can talk to your faggots all day, you can talk on a phone and get paid for it
>>
>>70931074
>>70928158
call centers, people. it's not that hard and most call centers have online chat systems as well. that's what you're doing right now on /pol/
>>
>>70928984
It is if that turns you on.
>>
>currently a teacher (24)
>not a ton of money but I have saved up over 10k this year
>start law school in August on full scholarship
>anxious about employment after

I even have a fuck ton of friends and family connections in one of the biggest corporations in the world, but I still get anxiety hearing about all of my peers struggling. I have a job and I'm saving money so quitting to go to school is a struggle, man
>>
>>70931074
they hired you to laugh at your ridiculous accent, you cant put a price on that shit

>>70931184
i could literally hear the gears in your head turning as i wrote that, i bet next you'll criticize me on the "literally"
>>
File: hi.jpg (67 KB, 495x200) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
67 KB, 495x200
>>70926530
>>70926554
no jobs, but plenty of work
>>
>>70931500
Females are extremely preferred for call center jobs. There's a reason most customer service people are female or offshored. People prefer to hear female voices

Also, those often require experience and cute explanations of how you have a huge passion for servicing people.
>>
>>70926437

Jokes on you, OP. I'm getting paid to shitpost.
>>
>>70931595
What law school?
>>
:^)
fuck you, its all your fault, you spent the last 50 years liberating the vagina while psychopathic nerds transformed the world around you into a cybernetic prison

Now you bitch that we don't work when all you cucks do is marketing or write human-rights blogs

You are all a waste of flesh, and have cucked the whole of humanity because of your faggotry

Im talking about anyone who is over 30 and under 90
>>
>>70927303
When I was filling out applications I refused to race identify. I seemed to get a lot more calls when I did that. It also helped that my last name is a fairly common black last name.
>>
>>70931705
Not one for specifics on the internet, but it's a top 100 law school with a relatively high post grad employment rate for law jobs. It's not top 50 though, which scares me, but it's close.
>>
>>70926437
shitposting from a good job at 50K a year out of college.
I don't do shit and take off whenever the fuck I feel like it.
stay mad
>>
I make 18 bucks an hour cooking, get on my level scrubs.
>>
>>70931859
That's like $5 an hour after the exchange rate, Tree-feces.
>>
>>70926545

A job is literally finding a function that improves other people's lives.

If no one wants to work, it only means no one wants to improve anyone else's life.

By thinking that way collectively, millennials are making sure each other lives suck.

And they think socialism will help them fix that. Kek.
>>
Uber Friday and Saturdays at your nearest major city from dusk till 3am. You'll make the equivalent to a 40 hour paycheck just putting in 16 or so hours
>>
>>70931795
law-related jobs have a ton of applicants. make sure you pass the bar on your first attempt or you'll be stuck working government jobs
>>
>>70931070
in my highschool there was a financial algebra class I took. the teacher was based as fuck and it was the first time a teacher actually cared about teaching in highschool in my experience. even the nigs loved him from the respect he commanded and got, thus they acted civilized and learned
>>
Where I live in California, it's because people are picky.

They all want the following jobs

>Working at Starbucks
>Working at Jamba Juice
>Working at GameStop
>Working at a hipster beer bar in San Francisco (Good luck. It's a circlejerk)

When it comes to clothing, the position is only desired if it is NOT to be hidden in the back room, because they want to socialize.

>Hot Topic
>Urban Outfitters
>Abercrombie/Hollister
>H&M

They only want "fun" positions to show off to their friends. Essentially, these shitty low-end jobs were glorified in the mid 2000's, because all the popular kids god jobs there and got paid to slack off, and especially socialize with the cute girls or guys that walked in.

>Cute scene girl worked at Hot Topic
>Cute preppy girl at Hollister
>Hipster at Urban Outfitters
>Glammy PINOY at H&M
>Preppy girl at Hollister
>Jailbait at Jamba Juice
>Cosplayer at GameStop

Yet here, they'll refuse to work the stock room positions, anything involving outdoor work, and refuse to do any labor. And then you have the ones who look for above minimum-wage who only seem to seek modelling and journalism.

TL;DR they wont work a job that isn't fun.
>>
>Masters in Education
>3 Teachers Certifications
>400+ Applications
>30+ Interviews
>No job

Living in NJ. It's impossible to find a job in teaching here unless you are an administrator's relative.

Thinking about just joining the Army. I went through the OCS board and was approved for a commission. It's a shame. There's no white collar academia jobs really.
>>
>>70931070
Beacuse then people would realize how the Fed has been fucking them the past 100 years.
>>
>>70928382
>drillers of earth 99.8 men
>get paid to fuck the world
>>
>>70926437
Why work if you still can't even afford a cheap house/apartment.
>>
>>70928158
Same. First job at 17 going on 18 was a call centre. They're great, except I really think the repetition grinds away at your capacity to think. During training I would constantly dream about procedures and training.
>>
>>70931740
u vote macri, u lost job

top kek
>>
>>70926437
>Work takes time away from being a social justice warrior and all you're doing at a job is supporting the patriarchy and white privilege.
>>
>>70927766
>>all of the low level white collar jobs are taken by females
>>all the low level jobs males can get are backbreaking manual labor which often pays less than the cushy female jobs

This makes me rage.
>>
>>70932382
low level male jobs are also filled with illegals
>>
>>70926437

Because there is no incentive: there are no decent jobs nowadays and by the looks of things, it's only going to get worse with overpopulation and the outsourcing of labour offshore. Most millenials realize this, they know that they will never achieve financial independence so they'd rather enjoy their youth and not spend the best years of their life slaving away for some asshole employer, corporation, bank or other creditor.
>>
>>70932287
Where do you live? In Minnesota, as long as you're not in the Twin Cities or the suburbs around it, you can get a one bedroom for $500 a month or cheaper, depending on your standards.
>>
>>70932038
The whole do what makes you happy bull shit should never have happened.
We have a generation of faggots who think they should get to work as photographers.
>>
File: Smug King PePe.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Smug King PePe.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>70926437
Why work when you can work for me:^)
>>
>>70931745
Johnson, Wilson, Williams, Brown?
>>
> tfw in 6 months from being NEET i've had 2 pay raises, one promotion and complimented daily by my bosses.

I'm shocked at how incompetent the average worker pleb is. And all i'm doing is bitch retail work.

I'm convinced if half of you NEETs out there actually got work you'd probably fucking kill it, but are so cripplingly afraid of failure you wont let yourself try.
>>
>>70929916

>Jobs block 4chan

What are you a 12 year old?
>>
>>70932551
I wish I could become an ant so I could see your pic.
>>
>>70929954
Yesterday I saw a guy get tipped $5000 while playing Dark Souls 3. Dream job?
>>
guys we are making a wow guild and all these fags want wazowski for the name
can you vote for right wing death squads?
thanks in advance
http://strawpoll.me/7369937/
>>
>>70926437
Because

1) shit economy and hippy age boomer parents dont raise them / they cant leave home

2) they see Bernie and other leftists as their chance to live as children forever.
>>
because millennials are anti-white - no exceptions
>>
>>70926437
Why do you post this every day?
>>
>>70926530
>can't find himself useful unless investors create a job for him
>thinks the solution is to destroy investors with taxes and -cannibalize- redistribute economy
>>
Millinials want to work. But there are not enough jobs for everyone. Some ordinary places get litterally thousands of applications every time there is a small job opening. Millineals want to work.

You are thinking of the babyboomer generation, who had plenty of jobs, but chose to just sit outside smoking weed all day, playing guitar.
>>
>>70930250
And eventually the flesh will melt off your face all the same.
>>
>>70932370
Yeah, we should have given Kirchnerism another try
>>
>>70932813
>learnt we are all connected in a rave
>expert bongo player
>>
>>70932797
>noon on a thursday

probly cause OP knows his demographic, a small minority of us are shitposting from work and none of the Americans give a shit about what time it is anywhere else
>>
>>70932414
Tell me about it.

>Year ago
>Go to a pizza place (California)
>Parents told I should work and apply at a place like this
>Look at the staff
>Servers and bartender are ALL cute blonde girls like from a soccer team
>Wonder where all the guys are
>All Mexican men in the kitchen
>One dorky male host, who's probably the manager's relative.

I'm lucky for the job I just landed, though. I spent 100 bucks just to celebrate getting a job at a local grocery store that's walking distance from home and pays 10 bucks an hour just to do some basic shit a 16 year-old can do. Luckily it's in a white town. Also, the hours are great, the job is piss easy, it's walking-distance from home, and it's in a quiet area. It beats digging holes and putting up drywall.

>>70932467
You have no idea how many people I know who want to model. It's absurd. They all want to get paid to do NOTHING.
>>
>>70931991
Thanks for the advice, anon. Fortunately I'm pretty solid when it comes to testing. My main concern is my class ranking. I was top 20 in college without trying, but law school is a different beast. I'm going to have to put forth a ton of effort. from what I've gleaned my peers are pretty lacking so hopefully it's easier than anticipated.
>>
File: 1460620910343.png (74 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460620910343.png
74 KB, 184x184
>>70926437
I'm 26, all the low skill jobs like fast food etc are filled by those older than me and retired folks looking for some social time and extra spending/bill money.

Thank god I didn't get killed and get to live off the gi bill for a little longer. IT is still a good paying job right?

>local grocers have no openings
>local restaurants are full of trailer park staff
>fast food is old people, degenerates and HS
>bars want tits, not dudes

I'll be productive some day, thanks for passing for my schooling American tax payers! Be sure to subscribe to my blog.
>>
>>70930482
'Is it just me, or...?'
>>
File: tumblr_m5dqnoBNIU1qhi7m8.png (236 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5dqnoBNIU1qhi7m8.png
236 KB, 500x396
>>70926437
How am I supposed to spend all day shitposting if i get a job?

GET REAL
>>
>>70926891
>giving up
>>
Honest question: how many people on /pol/ are neets do you think?
>>
>>70931074
The accent was your secret weapon
>>
>>70933005
Where do you live? Nevada?
>>
File: take a drink.png (411 KB, 382x600) Image search: [Google]
take a drink.png
411 KB, 382x600
>>70926437
Mix of
>spend 4 years getting college degree
>all available jobs require 5 years work-experience
and
>job you're working pays shit and will be living off ramen for the next 5 years until you get the "experience" to get a higher paying job.

I graduated with a 3.9 and a MCAT score in the high 30s and was still denied from 30 schools because lolwhitemale. Only job I could find was testing people's shit for $20 an hour.
Graduated, took a year off working 110 hours a week, paid off my debt and currently getting my doctorate in another field.
Whats funny is that associating with docs in my current field only pay $50k a year, overseas starting pay is 150k
>>
>>70933166
There's truth to this.
>>
>>70929954
Damn you know that kid? He's not too bad, kind of annoying but better than most streamers.
>>
Why play into a system that hates you and doesnt work?
>>
>>70933254
Michigan, the social experiment state.
>>
>>70930045
>>70930202
A lot of these retsupuraes have network deals on top of that so their parent company takes a percentage off the top that can range from 5-50%

Either way, he makes a fuckton of money just playing video games.
>>
I'm learning web design in two year school. I'm looking more for experience than I am for a brand name degree. I already have an internship and a few more freelance projects lined up, and I'm making pretty okay money for the work I'm doing.

There should be better educational resources to help millenials plan for their futures and careers. Both in helping them find work and develop skills, and improving their financial planning. Holy living fuck, they're terrible with money.
>>
File: 1457521984218.jpg (83 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
1457521984218.jpg
83 KB, 640x397
I don't mimd working. What I mind is being worked to exhaustion every day and having no time to myself except for sleep. It makes me want to an hero. I was tired all the time before I started working. Now, I'm a zombie.
>>
>>70933654
>Social Experiment State

I know this feel.

For a grocery position, how I got the job was working at Walmart for a little bit, then applied for a less corrupt business that doesn't try to kill you. It got me the experience to transition flawlessly and promise them that I can do the job

Here's a fun fact. My supervisor at Walmart was less experienced than me, a total backstabbing dick-ass, lazy as fuck, and made more money than me. However, he got the job because he was in the Army, and they thought he'd be a good supervisor. Like I said, he was a lazy fuck and made others do his dirty work. You could apply to be one, and if you're not a dick-ass to your team, meaning not be an asshole supervisor, things could be even better for you.
>>
>>70926437

Who the fuck WANTS to work?
>>
I work because I need the money. I'm out of law school in a year, and I have good prospects for a relevant job when I graduate. I chose it because it's a useful degree that can bring in a decent buck, but if a huge pile of money falls in my lap, I'd stop working in a heartbeat.
>>
>>70930045
PewDiePie was also already rich prior to his YouTube career. Most people don't seem to know that. Also, most money is made through sponsorship, not YouTube itself.

Those high-end PCs and new gadgets YouTubers get aren't bought. They're given to them to advertise, though they do keep them. nVidia does this.
>>
>>70933799
>There should be better educational resources to help millenials plan for their futures and careers
Ugh, they should just KNOW what to do okay? Them not moving out by age 20 is a clear indication that they're too entitled to work
>>
File: 1460525240123.jpg (30 KB, 650x652) Image search: [Google]
1460525240123.jpg
30 KB, 650x652
>>70933971
I feel like I could write a book on our state and the weird shit that gets passed here.

Vets are , IMO, the two extremes in the workplace but never a balance. All shit or godlike, which end of the spectrum is usually given away by race and gender.

>pic related: it could be worse
>>
>>70929104
How were we supposed to know college was a scam when the entire educational system + our parents brainwashed us into thinking it was the only option?
>>
>>70934193
It's perfectly possible to live with roommates for cheap rent and split expenses while saving money. With expenses that low, you don't even need to work that hard and can spend more time pursuing education.

It's either that, or continuing to be parasitic to their hardworking family (not necessarily baby boomers, by the way) and being niggers.
>>
>Millennials realize the game is rigged
>This somehow means they are spoiled or entitled or anything

Why didn't your upbringing fix us, faggots?
>>
Millennial here, happy to work, just want an employer that doesn't treat me like shit and a job that is even halfway rewarding.
>>
>>70929721
>those fucking disgusting nails
Reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Holy fuck, are the millenials in this thread fucking serious? You sound like Berniebots. If society were structured with the values espoused by these people ITT, everything would break down. Rent and expenses are not high at all when split with other people, so you don't even need to work that hard or that many hours.

No better than Bern Victims. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of you are Bern Victims.
>>
>>70934298
You should've just KNOW anon.
>>
>>70934667
Rent is 2500 a month of a studio
I would move but I have no money to move
>>
>>70928128
That's not exactly true. You have to make estimated tax payments every quarter or pay a fine.

Also, enjoy your audit. A battle station isn't a business expense, Anon.
>>
>>70934667

Working in 60s must have been a nice experience gramps, too bad it's not reality now
>>
>>70933157
Probably a fucking lot. Funny, since being a NEET is degenerate (some exceptions) and /pol/ hates degenerates.
>>
>>70926437
can't be bothered :^)
>>
>>70934391
Spoken truly like a boomer babby
>>
>>70934809
A. Don't live in a studio, get roommates. Living alone isn't a sacred inalienable human right. My friend pays 200 dollars a month for his room in his house, which he shares with many other friends. He also shares food and other expenses, and they all still have enough money for beer, weed, and other degenerate shit.

>>70934843
Move somewhere that's hiring. I live in the Minneapolis metro, and NOW HIRING signs are extremely commonplace.

>>70934934
I'm 21.
>>
Already have a job and I've just secured an interview for an even better job.

I've been unemployed before though and it fucking sucks. Nobody wants to give you a job unless you already have one.
>>
for high school kids looking at middle to lower tier colleges: it's fine to get your first 2 years of required credits at a community college as long as you make sure the credits will transfer. it's usually 70% cheaper and algebra is algebra.
this does not apply if you are trying to get into ivy league or similar schools
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.