[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is house of cards becoming increasingly SJW? > Islamic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: house-of-cards.jpg (201 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
house-of-cards.jpg
201 KB, 620x320
Why is house of cards becoming increasingly SJW?

> Islamic terrorists hostage takers are white americans
> ISIS leader is not really religious and his motives are all political
> Even the republicans secretly support gun control but have to pretend otherwise for the stupid masses
> British woman: "oh we brits all think you yanks are crazy for guns!"
> Freddy goes ballistic at Frank for no fucking reason after being given an insane amount of help by him and says he is "just the help" to him
> Frank is literally ok being cucked by Tom and even makes him breakfast
> In a show which is keen to not have real world brands it gives an entire episode to "pussy riot" and the credits are a music video by them
> Claire acts like a child and steals the mic to shout at Petrov about gay rights

Special mentions go to Remy sleeping with the married jackie sharp being shown to be the only real loving relationship and Frank's homosexuality. But i think both of those actually work for the show.

I get the feeling they're annoyed they made frank a democrat this point.
>>
the show jumped the shark? Producers may have hired some hack writers from the West Wing. Who knows?

Political dramas tend to be liberal power fantasies.
>>
>>70908702

>becoming

It's always been.

It would be a good show if it stopped trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy.
>>
It was always SJW shit.
>>
>>70908702
the first two seasons were good, the third was okay, fourth season is basically descended into a soap opera. it was nice while it lasted, but most shows without an ending planned end up jumping the shark at some point
>>
>>70908702
Freddy the ungrateful nignog
>>
wasn't frank homo from the first season?
>>
File: Varg-Vikernes.jpg (124 KB, 630x395) Image search: [Google]
Varg-Vikernes.jpg
124 KB, 630x395
>>70908702
You realize you're not supposed to identify with Frank or Claire right?
>>
>>70908875

The writing has definitely gotten far worse this season, i even went to check if the showrunner had changed it was so noticeably different, but no.

All the 'game changing' speeches are terribly written, Frank is suddenly an awful actor when he wants to convince someone of something.

Also the tools people use to get people onside are unbelievable - threatening to kill Cathy Durant in order to keep her on side when she already knows frank is a backstabber and has a promise of a republican ticket? Literally incoherent that she would stay.

Think thats the last season for me.
>>
their main audience is redditors who think watching a show about politics will make them smart
>>
>>70908702
Left wing is able to tell a better story. Dreamer. Or asshole. Which one makes better tv
>>
>>70908902

I thought the first season was great, then the third purely because of Petrov.
>>
>>70909064

The vast majority of my points weren't about claire or frank.
>>
>>70909000
>HOL UP, YOU SAYIN' YOU WANT ME TO MAKE YOU SOME RIIIIBS?

checked
>>
>>70909000

> Keeps shitty rib joint run by a felon alive
> Helps start the joint into a nationwide business
> Gives you a job at the white house when your son pulls a gun and ruins business
> President wishes to spend some time with you before you leave

YOU A MO'FUCKER MR.PRESIDENT
>>
>>70909258
ill play the devils advocate:

>Frank's fame made the son pull out a gun
>Frank's fame made his buisness go to shit

literally cant think of anything else
>>
>>70909258
if the writers had any balls frank would have pulled his belt out and whipped freddie right there.
>>
>>70909339

It may have been too much for them having the media attention, but that doesn't make them not have a choice but to pull out guns. They could've turned down the business offer, or he could've not gotten his criminal son involved.
It was his shit family that couldn't handle it.
>>
>>70909432
honestly the show is filled with many retarded scenes where people do completely absurd things, often times completely out of character. even a nog like freddie's son would know not to pull a gun out
>>
>>70909383

Instead they basically had frank cry and then when freddy later goes on to beat up Tom for no good reason tom nearly apologizes.
>>
>>70909432
Son was an agressive idiot, who pulled out a gun (knowing he was on parole) because he couldn't handle cameras.

He could have not accepted the deal and waited a few months for the hype to go away. At the end of the day, the normal people who did not live in the neighbourhood would not go there just to eat where the president did.
>>
>>70909504

Like the reporter wasting his entire life avenging the death of a girl who slept with him once, even though he personally expressed disgust that she had whored herself out to Frank.

Leading to him being bummed in a car and then getting shot during his assassination attempt.
>>
>>70908702

If Hillary and 31 other demonrats haven't threatened the network with pulling their broadcast license in a signed letter over the show, then expect it
>>
File: saudi-border-wall.jpg (68 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
saudi-border-wall.jpg
68 KB, 670x409
>>70908702

" We urge you, after full consideration of the facts, to uphold your responsibilities as a respected member of American society and as a beneficiary of the free use of the public airwaves to cancel this factually inaccurate and deeply misguided program. We look forward to hearing back from you soon. "

Of course, you're totally free to do as you please.
>>
>>70909937

Yes but the show isn't working against them, it started off sinister, grounded and apolitical in many ways and so captured an audience not normally tuning into SJW gossip drama, but then they began to feed it in and so the show is actually a useful tool.

I probably wouldn't have seen it either if it weren't for the totally shit writing forcefeeding pussy riot and white guilt.

I wonder if there is a single tv show totally free from SJW agenda.
>>
>>70910406
the very old cartoon peter pan was pretty good.
>>
>>70908702
Seems like an anti-redpill agenda. Something like shows put out that have harsh redpill type retoric with a bluepill agenda behind them. Like a redpill vaccine or something.
>>
>>70908702

You all need to understand that scripts are written by unionized writers guilds that are full of fags and Jews and Jewish fags. Everything you see happening is planned, orchestration and part of a directive and a schedule.

You can see every show getting the Gay turned up to 10 the last few years, now interracial black man white woman. Every single popular show.

Same writers.
>>
>>70908702

brazilian politics > house of cards
>>
>>70908702
House of Cards is literally about hypocrites doing anything for power. It thus makes perfect sense that Republicans don't really care about guns and that the happy married family is just a facade or that the conservative southern democrat is actually gay and so on and so forth.

The whole scene with Claire and Petrov and gays was indeed forced especially in light of how ruthless Claire is in other situations but overall the shows stands up good to what it's about. Pussy Riot was also entirely unnecessary and forced. The 2 episodes dealing with this area literally the worst.

As for Freddy, that scene is about Freddy realizing that Frank isn't ever your friend no matter how much you benefit. Frank uses people and then he discards them. Telling Frank to fuck off is about Freddy wanting to be his own man instead of being Frank's man even if that means losing out on some things.

>I get the feeling they're annoyed they made frank a democrat this point.
Making him a democrat is the point of the show. He's everything a Democrat is not supposed to be yet everyone still supports him and votes for him. Just think of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Those 2 have basically been Republicans all their lives and yet the left venerates them like gods

If you want some real SJW shit just check out MTV these days but when you gets a aneurysm out of sheer rage don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
>>70909064
Why not?
>>
>Watching hollywood bullshit
kek
I'll stick to my anime
At least I don't have to pretend that you can take it serious.
>>
>>70910531

I don't disagree and I think it's clever. I know plenty of 'redpilled' people who love it, I used to like the show a lot too.

Get in David Fincher, make a great first season and then slowly change it over.

The problem is that I only watch tv with my wife and if she's not watching house of cards, she watches the alternatives which are overt propaganda, like scandal.
>>
>>70910768
Idk man, I feel like you're reading into it too much. I think they just ran out of ideas for how to make Frank and Clairemont interesting, so they started pushing an SAW agenda to compensate.

Honestly, just think about how out of character it is for Claire, who literally doesn't give a fuck when her husband KILLS PEOPLE to further his own political agenda, to suddenly turn around and turn into a bleeding heart who cares about gays, it's just fucking awful writing.
>>
>>70910791
Because you're a cockroach.
>>
>>70910531
There is only one way to escape the redpill
>>
>>70910768

But not everyone is a hypocrite - so there is definitely some selection beyond everyone lies so dont worry about what they support. Heather Dunbar was pretty straight flying throughout, so is the Republican vice president nominee in many ways. So the fact that everyone is seemingly against gun ownership; frank, claire, conway, all of Britain apparently - that can be taken for something.

With regards to Frank and Freddy, so what if Frank wasn't his true friend but rewarded him all the same, Frank certainly considered him somewhat of a friend - the problem was all on Freddy. His outburst made no sense, Frank had only ever been great to him and considered him a friend, even if Freddy had always fucked himself over.
>>
>>70911010

This. Claire is always shown above all else to be composed and steely, at most we get a few scenes where she looks teary out of windows. This season she has been hard as steel and nearly destroyed Frank.

So then the random episode where she kicks her toys out of the pram and fucks up the relationship between Russia and the US makes no sense. You could say its part of the season where she is frustrated that all her plans are being ignored in favour of Frank's, but at that point they aren't.
>>
>>70911010
>I think they just ran out of ideas for how to make Frank and Clairemont interesting
Not really, Claire and Frank are a political power couple - references to Lady Macbeth and Richard III. The cheating is not something that is relevant to them. Screwing up something politically would be a far bigger betrayal than merely sleeping with someone. Both Frank and Claire have affairs that they carelessly discard once they get bored of it.

>Honestly, just think about how out of character it is for Claire, who literally doesn't give a fuck when her husband KILLS PEOPLE to further his own political agenda, to suddenly turn around and turn into a bleeding heart who cares about gays, it's just fucking awful writing.

I agree, that was very stupid. Luckily, Claire is now back to her old self.

>>70911218
>But not everyone is a hypocrite
True, but these people tend to be losers. Dunbar loses the primary, that gay dude hangs himself even though signing a disingenuous statement would have allowed him to continue his activism.

>the problem was all on Freddy. His outburst made no sense
It makes perfect sense. Freddy is a simple man with simple sensibilities. Loyalty to Freddy is going to prison for decades because you won't rat somebody out. Loyalty to Frank is mere obedience - to be used like a tool. That's the real moral depravity of Frank - that he is able to consider what he does to people as being actually good.

>So the fact that everyone is seemingly against gun ownership; frank, claire, conway, all of Britain apparently - that can be taken for something.
Not really, HoC merely sticks to their narrative that everyone is a hypocrite who cares about pleasing this or that special interest.

The big battle on education was against unions and the education bill would in the real world be a textbook republican bill. You wouldn't call that "sign of something"?
>>
File: WillyWonka_161Pyxurz.jpg (96 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
WillyWonka_161Pyxurz.jpg
96 KB, 1600x899
>>70911040
nice retort
>>
File: detective.png (543 KB, 795x494) Image search: [Google]
detective.png
543 KB, 795x494
Sympathetic main character is a bisexual murderer with an open marriage, most likable character on the show is a coalburner, muh Pootie Poot stand-in was behind not only the apartment bombings but the Moscow theater attack, literally Pussy Riot invited to guest star on the show, FBI (probably the only agency that doesn't deserve it) painted as pure evil, Secret Service agents will suck dick for crack... by this point what did you expect?

Like most of Netflix programming the entire show is one big fat psyop.
>>
File: 1457943944012.png (24 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1457943944012.png
24 KB, 509x411
>>70910953
sucks anon, find a show that is more action/entertainment I guess - propaganda is more tolerable in those
>>
>>70911699

> The big battle on education was against unions and the education bill would in the real world be a textbook republican bill. You wouldn't call that "sign of something"?

I think the first season was very good and prior to any agenda so no
>>
>>70911798

I actually think Remy is one of the most likeable characters on the show and I don't fault them for it when their other primary black character is the totally enraged, useless Freddy.
>>
File: best president.jpg (29 KB, 435x300) Image search: [Google]
best president.jpg
29 KB, 435x300
>>70911804
>>
>>70911218
>the problem was all on Freddy.
I think it's more like a degenerative aspect of end of season play. By this, I mean that there is a crescendo that Frank will pay for all his shit, even if it's not all white and black. there is no way around the fact that had Frank not come to the rib joint, he would today still be making them ribs, that's why he flips out on him when he asks him to make him ribs. In that sense, I see Freddie standing up to himself and his own legacy, generally being proud towards a man he could be a humble bitch to, but also has the right to have that outburst.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.