[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If race is a social construct, then how can racism exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
I'd love to hear what mental gymnastics the leftists come up with for this one.
>>
>>70905453
I don't see what your getting at. If I construct a cake not everyone's going to enjoy the taste.
>>
>>70905453
wouldn't racism just also be a social construct in that scenario?
>>
>>70906182
Yes. Everything is a social construct. Doesn't make one bit of difference to whether people
like it or hate it or want to gas it. Again, I don't see what your getting at with your title question.
>>
Like this.

Genders don't exist as far science is concerned but as humans we made genders exist as a social construct.

So as far as race is concerned, race doesn't exist scientifically but since people can hate others due to skin colors, racism exists.

Yeah I know, it's retarded.
>>
>>70906500
I am not OP
>>
>>70906543
I have a Y chromosome. This is confirmed by tested, experimented, and recorded observation (science)
>>
>>70905453
>hurrr durrr
>mind fuckingggg blownnnnn

pleb-tier argument, don't give them more ammo to make us look stupid
>>
>>70905453

The US is special in this sense because race is to a large degree legally constructed. The definition of 'white' by US census is hilariously broad, while at the same time anyone that has a creole greatgreatgreatgreatgrandparent is considered black as coal..
>>
Are you retarded OP? They're not saying race doesn't exist.
>>
>>70906619
I don't disagree m8, but they (leftists) say a y chromosome means you have a penis but as far as genders go, male isn't inclusive to just people with you chromosomes. Y chromosomes is your genetic but you could be female as far as gender goes depending on how you act socially. I was just trying to explain their reasoning, I don't agree with it.
>>
>>70906543
>genders don't exist as far as science is concerned
>>
>>70906543

>Genders don't exist as far science is concerned

Not true, anon. Not true. One only has to look at any other animal species to see that each of the two sexes has its own specific gender role and behaviors.

Baboon society doesnt decide and teach that male baboons are gonna like red asses and be sexually aroused by the sight of them. Peacock society doesn't decide that male peacocks are gonna show off and strut their stuff to female peacocks and female peacocks are gonna respond. Lion society doesn't decide that women are gonna do the work. Horse society doesn't decide that women horses are all gonna go after the single chad running the herd and vie for his attention. These biological evolutionary behaviors are not social constructs taught to the offspring.

These are all evolutionary behaviors, and every female horse is born to vie for the attention of the stallion. Those that don't, never pass on their genes and so naturally select themselves out of existence.

Humans are just another mammal, don't buy into the 'sociology' bullshit. All our mating behaviors and social behaviors are evolutionary behaviors.
>>
>>70906804
Ah got it, that's where my confusion was from then. I honestly don't understand how they think lying to these people and telling them whatever they want to hear will help them. The whole self mutilation thing should be a red flag that something's wrong with their state of mind (that they would resort to such dangerous and drastic measures for the sake of "emotional comfort" I'll call it)
>>
Race is a social construct, and racism is a social construct.

How is that hard to grasp?
>>
>>70905453
If God doesn't exist, why do religion and churches exist?
>>
They believe race is a social construct only when it is convenient to argue that. Anytime else it's all about how white people are evil and how oppressed "people of color" are.
>>
>>70907008
>>70907017
I believe genders exist, I was simply explaining what the left uses as their reasoning and how they explain genders/sex.
>>70907046
Yup. Basically your sex can be male but if you socially enjoy more things that are considered female, your gender would be female as to them, gender is a social construct and making activities either male or female is a social construct.

>>70907291
This. Race is a social construct because if it was accepted black people as a race are more likely to have a low iq, it would be okay to judge them as dumb because there is a link to black skin and low iq. By saying race is a social construct, races don't exist and any black person with low iq isn't due to skin, just so happened they were born that way. But racism exists due to the belief that race exists. Allowing them to say race doesn't exist but racism does exist.

Again I don't believe this, just writing what leftists believe.
>>
File: common_myths_about_race.gif (861 KB, 2406x1936) Image search: [Google]
common_myths_about_race.gif
861 KB, 2406x1936
>>70905453
>If race is a social construct, then how can racism exist
If race is JUST a social construct, than believing that actual differences exist between races, and some are inherently better than others (ie, racism), would make racism stupid. However, if race is NOT just a social construct, if its a biological construct, then society is itself a biological construct, and differences in societies between races can be explained genetically (ie, IQ, genes that mitigate violence) -- in this case, some form of positive racism is not just intelligent, it's vital to survival.
>>
File: 1457322233465.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3200) Image search: [Google]
1457322233465.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3200
>>70906804
>you could be female as far as gender goes depending on how you act socially
That's nonsense. Being male but acting female is a behavioral asymmetry with sex; it's a disorder. There is no distinction between gender and sex, that just sophistry by the Left so they can have a premise to argue that maleness and femaleness are not biologically mediated. Remember, the Left only intends to tear down western civilization, not any other civilization; everything they assert is designed to permit demoralization and social distortion. Leftists, Jihaddists/Hijraists, Zionists -- some of these groups might be enemies of each other, but their common enemy is European civilization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA
>>
File: 1455866703066.png (20 KB, 725x478) Image search: [Google]
1455866703066.png
20 KB, 725x478
>>70905453
Not an argument.

If you can define a group of people based on a visible characteristic, then you can form a pre-determined set of opinions based on people who share those characteristics. It's a fundamental aspect of the largely tribalistic human brain
>>
File: div16.jpg (30 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
div16.jpg
30 KB, 480x296
>>
>>70908440
This one is good one.
>>
>>70907008
Gender is Social, Sex is Biological
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.