[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /pol/ hate unions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: union-workers-graphic.jpg (200 KB, 727x762) Image search: [Google]
union-workers-graphic.jpg
200 KB, 727x762
Why does /pol/ hate unions?
>>
>>70903001
they are no different than the mafia

prove me wrong
>>
Many unions are honest and I have no issues with them.

Its when unions become government backed, that is when issues arise. The teachers union is a prime example of a union gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>70903001
Good idea, but becomes bad when they get too powerful
>>
Because, like any conservashit peasant, they side with the greedy employers that don't like unions.
>>
>>70903001

>8 hr work day

But it was Henry ford who brought in the 8 hour work day?
>>
File: tgP3Wxu.jpg (46 KB, 807x537) Image search: [Google]
tgP3Wxu.jpg
46 KB, 807x537
libertarian kikes want to lower white middle class wages
>>
>>70903190
I thought Unions are supposed to be for the working peasant? I mean thats what they say all the time.
>>
Unions were originally formed by skilled workers who felt they were slighted by their employers. Now unions are the employers screwing over their skilled workers.
>>
>>70903303
This is how I understand it as well. People join unions so they get more secured with their specialized jobs. Then the unions take their side when their employer does something that might fuck them up.

>>70903340
That's fucked up.
>>
>>70903001
If your not in a union they will happily vote to fuck you over.
> illegal immigrants as example.
>>
File: puppetmaster_large.gif (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
puppetmaster_large.gif
22 KB, 500x500
>>70903001

voluntary unions are just fine

government monopoly unions are 100% fucked
>>
Unions in theory
>As individuals, we are disposable and manipulable. If we band together we can make a deal with our boss for fairer wages and conditions.

Unions in practice:
>If we shut down the workplace unilaterally the employers will be forced into anything we tell them to do.
>>
>>70903059
A lot of times they ARE the Mafia.
>>
>>70903001
Unions don't take care of 'workers' they bring in votes for lefty governments, allow those high up in them to milk money and benefits from them corruptly.
They make it impossible to work in some jobs without joining, and even send bikies among other enforcers to work sites and the such telling them to unionize or their work/work site will be trashed and fucked with.
Unions don't help the people, I know a fuckload of tradies here and unions and their bosses are fucking hated but that doesn't change the fact you are essentially forced into unions so that Shorten and the labor party can compete.
>>
Private sector unions are fine, as long as they are not allowed to be anywhere near as politically active as they are now.

Public sector unions for office workers should be outlawed. There is no excuse for the majority of government employees in Oregon (my home) to be required to be in SEIU. Between SEIU, teachers unions, ect. ect. this state has so many powerful political blocks built around government employees that it's beyond retarded. If you work for the government you should be happy to serve your community, not bitching about needing to make $50k a year to serve coffee to your boss and bitching about your "working conditions".
>>
Fuck public unions

Fuck government workers in general honestly
>>
>>70903001
False consciousness
>>
Unions are shit because it means I have to pay to work at a place.

Imagine working min wage, and when pay day comes, Uncle Sam takes part of your check, and then some fat bitch who sits around all day doing jack all takes more of it to "protect" your job.

Being a cashier doesn't require a union and its not it was doing anything for me. The best place I have worked is Walmart and I'm still there while finishing school. Unions might have been good but anymore they are just another tax that steals more money from you to do something you will never see the benefits of.
>>
>>70903491
Most of the union heads support "immigration reform " (amnesty) though.
>>70903499
This.
>>
>>70903095
Pretty much this. You have no idea the monstrosity that the two teachers' unions have become here.
>>
>>70903218

no, it was years of fighting from workers and unions you cuck, who taught you history?

Unions have their problems, many union workers are borderline or actual commies in my country, at least in MY union, i got no idea what goes on in the CFMEU for example, except that they are being hunted down like dogs by the fed government in the name of big business.

But as a union delegate whos been on the inside, in this current day and age corporations cant be trusted to do ANYTHING right, they cant be trusted with the law, cant be trusted to conserve the environment, cant be trusted to take care of their own staff, nothing, the jews are in control and we are just numbers.

In aus the unions fight a losing battle on behalf of workers, the "liberal" government has undermined their power at every turn, ignored their own rampant corruption while performing witchhunts over a few bad eggs, and gutted the government departments with savage budget cuts that they claim do the unions job for them.

Aus is going down the shitter at light speed, labour has its commie related faults, but at least the economy was good, jesus....
>>
>>70904199

>i got no idea what goes on in the CFMEU for example

And it shows.
>>
>>70903001
They're zionists
>>
>>70903665

united voice is WA's biggest union and approximately 0.5% of union fees go into labour donations.

You are living in the past, and ignorant of what goes on.

Did you not read into the latest arrests last month of CFMEU officials? a construction site, that had denied union official inspections over 20 times, had a wall collapse and kill at least one worker i forget how many. The union blacklisted the company and simply advised its members not to work for that company its dangerous and does not protect you.

The company shat themselves in rage and probably bribed the libs to order the fed police to arrest the union leaders for "blackmail".

You are being fed propaganda, why are you on /pol/ if you keep getting fooled by others?

I have seen firsthand unions protect many workers, i dont know the goings on in CFMEU but i know first hand people who still have jobs thanks to unions who would have been fired for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>70904349

i would have to work for them to know.

You'd think admitting to /pol/ that im a union rep for my workplace and have been to statewide union meetups and have spent extensive time in union offices would make you guys interested in what i can talk about...
>>
>>70904061
>>70903095
And you won't dare not to be apart of the Union because they pay legal fees in case of a lawsuit.

So even in right to work states, there's no choice.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.