[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>humanity evolves brain in order to solve complex problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: 1366654636844.png (42 KB, 224x248) Image search: [Google]
1366654636844.png
42 KB, 224x248
>humanity evolves brain in order to solve complex problems with intelligence, to counteract and supercede instinctual thinking
>hurr durr free market

isn't the free market just baser impulses, let run wild without thought? Shouldn't we control our economic markets to make human lives better, healthier, more economical, etc? Soda tax works, people. Sure the soda companies don't like it but the fat fucks in jurisdictions where there's a soda tax lose weight so doesn't that make the world a better place? Can't we just make it work fairly?

Remove money from politics and government could be a useful tool again, couldn't it? Why the fuck not? Corporate cynicism of government is self-interested as fuck, /pol/, you stupid fucks.
>>
enjoy your bread lines, comrade
>>
>>70899710
Sure, government is corrupt, solution more government get fucked comrade.
>>
>>70899807
>the only opposite to the free market is the spooky scepter of gommunism

how about just removing corporate money from politics? Why do you assume it needs to go further than that?

>oh that's right, shilling
>>
>>70899710
>thinks market decisions are based on base instinct

self-interest is a basic instinct

market forces are decided on aggregate by rational calculation by individuals and firms.

i bet you thin the weather happens by random chance occurrences too.
>>
File: 1394229190833.jpg (51 KB, 600x719) Image search: [Google]
1394229190833.jpg
51 KB, 600x719
>>70899710
No one is innovating for or putting the free market into the real world other than internet fedoras
Every country in the world has used protectionalist policies

>Remove money from politics and government could be a useful tool again, couldn't it? Why the fuck not? Corporate cynicism of government is self-interested as fuck, /pol/, you stupid fucks.

this is why Trump needs to win, he is too rich to be bribed
>>
>>70900580
>has used protectionalist policies

and they're bad for economies

thats why it's going the way of dinosaurs
>>
>>70900196
>how about just removing corporate money from politics?
It'll probably happen now that the Supreme Court is blue, but mark my words, it won't actually change a damn thing.
>>
>>70899710
How can you vote Republican when they won't even hold an election?
>>
>>70900512
>Individuals always (or even usually) act in their own rational self-interest
Sure man.... sure they do.
>>
>>70900196
>the only opposite to the free market is the spooky scepter of gommunism

I didn't imply that you implied it

I believe in a mixed economy, but all you seem to do is shit on markets.
>>
>>70900688
>they're bad for economies

God you're a fucking moron

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/12/11/outsourcing-to-china-cost-us-32-million-jobs-since-2001
>>
>>70900512
what? no shit self-interest is a base instict

individuals do NOT make rational decisions. Talk about a fundamental flaw to your dumb little worldview, bro. Even if - rational decisions made by individuals do not necessarily mean they are rational from a group standpoint and some can cause self-destruction like the tragedy of the commons. And the weather doesn't happen just randomly, but that doesn't argue against the fact that we shouldn't be trying to control it, you gigantic moron. If you control the weather, you can make the world more productive. Ditto economics.

>>70900580
>likes money
>has power
>gee, what shall I use this power for?
>likes money

I don't understand why you think Trump can't be bribed? Just because he says he cant? I couldn't think of anyone more clearly susceptible to bribery than someone greedy.

>>70900730
corruption is like a leaky ship, yeah. That's not a reason not to try to stop the boat from sinking bro
>>
>>70900196
This retard thinks regulatory capture won't exist when we "get money out of politics." Are you aware that this phrase has no meaning? Is it money in politics when liberals promise free shirt in exchange for votes? Is it money in politics when Bernie Sanders promises free college and somehow manages to get 80 percent of the young vote? Where do you get your political ideas from, The Young Turks?
>>
>>70900814
>Sure man.... sure they do.
being passive aggressive isn't an argument
>>
>>70900196
Exactly. Don't kid yourselves, special interests aren't giving money to candidates because they endorse them, it's a fucking investment.
>>
>>70900196
>how about just removing corporate money from politics?

I agree, but that was no where in the OP
>>
>>70900846
No, I shit on free marketeers. Free market is a tool like government, no more no less. Those that imbue it with godlike powers are the morons, and there's a lot of those around here.
>>
>>70900940
He's correct - the rational actor is only true in most cases, not all. He was a bitch about it, but he was right.
>>
>>70900965
>isn't the free market just baser impulses, let run wild without thought? Shouldn't we control our economic markets to make human lives better, healthier, more economical, etc? Soda tax works, people. Sure the soda companies don't like it but the fat fucks in jurisdictions where there's a soda tax lose weight so doesn't that make the world a better place? Can't we just make it work fairly?
>Remove money from politics and government could be a useful tool again, couldn't it? Why the fuck not? Corporate cynicism of government is self-interested as fuck, /pol/, you stupid fucks.

uh

>Remove money from politics and government could be a useful tool again, couldn't it?

>Remove money from politics

it's right there, dumbass cant even read
>>
>>70900972
> Those that imbue it with godlike powers are the morons

no one thinks that the free market is god except the batshit Ancaps. At least address them when making these threads.

Not everyone who wants capitalism wants ancapistan bullshit.
>>
>>70900814
Do you know what rational means in the context of economics? No, because you read the huffington post and probably think Citizens United was when everything started to get worse. You're a fucking retard, plain and simple.
>>
>>70900898
>I don't understand why you think Trump can't be bribed?
Trump can self fund his own campaign, while every other candidate is forced to take donations from corporate interest and own them favors

>Just because he says he cant?
I never said the Trump himself says he can't be bribed.

>I couldn't think of anyone more clearly susceptible to bribery than someone greedy.
And Trump is greedy when X person isn't?

Someone with plenty of money is going to be less likely bribed than some working for a paycheck
>>
>>70899710
You're right, but you identified the problem in your post. You're presuming all of humanity thinks that they. Even if one person goes off base instinct, you're fucked.

The best system will allow those to reap what they sow and others to gain from suppressing the instinct to fuck anything that walks and eat the fattiest saltiest food available.
>>
>>70901138
*thinks that way

On mobile
>>
>>70900196
>scepter
>>
>>70901073
>most cases

I'm going to assume you're being EXTREMELY generous about human capacity for intelligence, rather than stupid yourself.
>>
>>70901082
>Remove money from politics and government

not the same as removing wall street/corporate money.

Normal people should still be allowed to donate to campaigns.
>>
>>70899710
Found the naive teenage intellectual

Go back to plebbit
>>
>>70901133
>Someone with plenty of money is going to be less likely bribed than some working for a paycheck

Yeah, no millionaire has ever taken a bribe.... are you fucking serious?
>>
>>70899710
> "free market"
internet search for US Federal Reserve, the United States hasn't had a free market economy since 1913.
>>
>>70901133
>I never said the Trump himself says he can't be bribed.

oh good, so he's got plausible deniability when he does eventually start taking bribes, great argument there lol, seems trustworthy to me let me rush out to vote for him
>>
>>70900196
It will literally never happen as long as the kikes run the show. You're a fucking idiot if you think there is a shred of difference between whether red or blue gets in the White House

Bernie sanders or Trump won't change or accomplish jack shit
>>
>>70901367
>no millionaire has ever taken a bribe
this is a strawman, I said less likely and you quoted it
>>
>>70901501
>oh good, so he's got plausible deniability when he does eventually start taking bribes, great argument there lol, seems trustworthy to me let me rush out to vote for him

so whats different from him and everyone else?
Your only argument is "Trump can take bribes"
>>
>something is wrong
>kneejerk "government fix it" reaction

Statists are base thinkers
>>
>>70900891
show me where a trade imbalance is a bad thing.

it makes inputs cheaper and increases production at home.

lrn2 comparative advantage

>>70900898
>individuals do NOT make rational decisions

99% of human beings can tell 1 from 2. That's rational cognition. They can ration.

>Talk about a fundamental flaw to your dumb little worldview, bro.

back at you
>>
>>70901712
>99% of human beings can tell 1 from 2. That's rational cognition. They can ration.

>making up fake statistics

https://mises.org/library/human-action-0
>>
>>70901712
Ok, then what is our comparitive advantage in China's market?
>>
>>70901520
Yeah? What you still said makes zero fucking sense. Millionaires get caught doing illegal deals every day, and that's just the shit we know about.

How about you back up your first post with actual logic.
>>
>>70901712
*it increases unemployment at home.

fixed
>>
>>70901865
>Millionaires get caught doing illegal deals every day
>everyday

going to need a citation on that.

And Trump is a billionaire
>>
>>70901939
moving manufacturing to china increase umeployment rate at home

fixed
>>
>>70901520
The rich get there BY bribing and taking bribes; honest people are seldom rich and rich people are seldom honest. The simple fact that he's rich already indicates that he's corrupt, and then you look at his past associations with the mob, the israelis, the fucking CLINTONS, look at his sleazy business practices for fucks sakes.

....you seriously have to be a moron to think the guy is trustworthy.

>>70901712
>99% of human beings can tell 1 from 2. That's rational cognition. They can ration.

Dude, this is what you think being rational is? Your best argument for "free markets work because individuals act rational" is that most people know that 1 is different than 2? You think understanding binary is logic? Jesus christ are you fucking stupid, logic is way more complicated than that shit.

See - what your problem is, is that you're so stupid you don't even understand what you're doing that's stupid. This is why Trump has a ceiling and why we need to invest more in education, or sterilization, or at least tighter restrictions on inbreeding. Wake the fuck up, dude.
>>
File: poster.jpg (79 KB, 923x614) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
79 KB, 923x614
>>70902118
>The rich get there BY bribing and taking bribes; honest people are seldom rich and rich people are seldom honest.

citation needed

>....you seriously have to be a moron to think the guy is trustworthy.

>resorting to adhom attacks
>>
>>70902318
Citation: personal experience as a corporate lawyer. But shit dude you don't need a law degree to see how money corrupts and influences policymaking, which directs money back at the already-wealthy. Bribery is lobbying is an "investment" and "a cost of doing business". Fuck that, and fuck you for falling for it, you stupid cunt.

and it's not ad hominem if the argument doesn't rely on it. The fact that you're a moron is only an observation, deal with it faggot.
>>
>>70902118
>You think understanding binary is logic?

binary is 0 and 1

congrats ur a moron
>>
>>70902025
Google 'trump bribe'

Why does him being a billionaire make your argume t more valid?
>>
>>70902632
>Citation: personal experience as a corporate lawyer. But shit dude you don't need a law degree to see how money corrupts and influences policymaking, which directs money back at the already-wealthy. Bribery is lobbying is an "investment" and "a cost of doing business". Fuck that, and fuck you for falling for it, you stupid cunt.

this is called an anecdote

>and it's not ad hominem if the argument doesn't rely on it. The fact that you're a moron is only an observation, deal with it faggot.

this is just butthurt

you still have yet to prove rich people commit crimes EVERYDAY
>>
>>70901939
>>70902072
sorry doesnt have any real effect on unemployment.

NAFTA made for low-unemployment in the 1990's

just a protection racket for ignorant factory workers to bilk US consumers out of more money.
>>
>>70902648
>he thinks binary is only the computer code, and not a word that means a simple duality

congrats, it was you all along

>trump supporters
>>
>>70899710

So what you're saying is we should give mire power to government than it already has by making all the elite defacto owners of ALL production? Good idea stupid dickhead
>>
>>70902831
enjoy your shitty low wage Walmart jobs
>>
Free markets are markets without government restrictions on anything. I don't know where you got your definition from.

TL;DR go read Human Action
>>
>>70902801
>you still have yet to prove rich people commit crimes EVERYDAY
>or "I don't take bribes because I'm a billionaire" is true

and this one is called "moving the goalposts", and "burden of proof". I give you my anecdotal experience in the corporate world as proof that being wealthy doesn't mean you don't still take bribes, as a prima facie rebuttal of your claim that Trump won't take a bribe because he's rich. Clearly rich people can still take bribes, therefore of what value is the idea regarding Trump? Fucking none. Pull your head out of your ass, faggot.
>>
>>70902632
Your not a lawyer, and if you are, your a shit one.

They are patient word smiths referencing and citing thousands of pieces of the most meticulous, boring tombs of bullshit you've ever read, for air tight argument

You meanwhile can't string togeather a paragraph with the slightest bit of substance without resorting to insults.
>>
>>70902072
Its been over 200 years since Adam Smith explained comparative advantage. You you fuck sticks read an economics book before making embarrassing comments.
>>
>>70903127
>b-b-b-but you're INSULTING ME

I like 4chan precisely because I can call people dumb fuckers. Judges don't normally like being told they're morons, especially when it's true.

Nice dodge attempt cuntrag, but you avoided responding to the substance of the post.
>>
>>70903024

>libertarians will unironically support Obama and Clinton outsourcing millions of jobs

http://www.epi.org/publication/fast-track-to-lost-jobs-free-trade-agreements-are-bad-deals-for-working-americans/

http://www.epi.org/publication/briefingpapers_bp147/
>>
>>70899710
>isn't the free market just baser impulses, let run wild without thought?
This is not dangerous in a free market because individuals and corporations have no ability to enact force to control your life. The government is a monopoly of force. You are an idiot.
>>
>retarded idealistic reddit fag spewing bernie talking points

kill yourself op
>>
>>70903773
>god you're so stupid and idealistic for wanting government corruption to end, god, why even bother, you shouldn't do it, please really don't do it im not shilling, I swear, I just think having ideals is lame and stupid especially when it's ending corruption, so lame

ok
>>
>>70903966
It's not corruption retard. It's called investment. The same way people invest in a start up is the same way they invest in candidates. You are just mad because it's capitalistic and you are a stupid anti competitive commie fucker.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.