[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anyone vote for the GOP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: cruz on wrecking ball.png (852 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
cruz on wrecking ball.png
852 KB, 1024x571
After how this nomination process has gone, who in their right mind would think voting for this corrupt, ass-backwards party was a good idea? Most of their elected officials are intellectually inept and their behavior on the public stage has been nothing short of embarrassing. Hell, just look at the immature shit slinging going on between Cruz, who 90% of the country despises, and Trump, who would be the only person in that clown car to win an election
>>
>>70887598
>between Cruz, who 90% of the country despises, and Trump, who would be the only person in that clown car to win an election
You've got the names reversed in your post, anon.
>>
>>70888524
Show me a poll that has Cruz in a favorable light or beating Hillary.

I'll wait.
>>
>>70887598
If Trump doesn't win, it will be last time I vote GOP or DEM.
>>
>>70888959
I can show you 10 of them since the new year that have Cruz beating Hillary or tying her.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_cruz_vs_clinton-4034.html

As to favorability, chose any one that polls both and it'll show how Hillary's national figures are well underwater. Only someone like Trump's goes lower.
>>
>>70887598
Ya know, political parties in general are choosing their candidates. This is what is going on in this mess that can barely be compared to the general Election. Political parties are choosing their candidates. I said that twice but it seems like people are letting that slip and think that this is some sort of public sector election process.

In the US political parties are not the government, win lose or draw, and the government is not a political party though there may be a few laws plus general laws such as prohibition of murder theft and vandalism.

The States, rightly and justly each make their own laws for some things political parties may and may not do and here comes your concession! There are states where the legislatures have chosen to have political parties choose their candidates by 'primary election's, and there indeed you have the type of process you seem to expect. Some are open primaries and some are closed but to members of the particular political party making their choice of a candidate.

You think it is all the GOP that looks funny, but there is no one political party that is and will always be good or evil. We are going to have to look at proposals and policies and disregard a lot of promises.

I have some thoughts as to pursuit of some other political party this year, but it is easily too significant a subject for Fourch.
>>
>>70891311
So Sean Hannity was on the radio and he repeatedly uses the term 'disenfranchisement' if the Republicans do not take a plurality of delegates as somehow binding.

The process is not a general Election. The process is a selection of a candidate by a political party. The partys have a need to follow their rules faithfully to those rules and to comply with laws where they bind.

If Republicans want to make some plurality or even a bare plurality binding, they may (and a change like that needs to be done in advance of a nomination contest.) If a plurality is not binding by the prescribed rules then it is not binding and that is a rule. It is verbal injustice to use the term 'disenfranchisement' on that.

Now, the rules providing that an outright majority of delegates IS binding then if there were an attempt to wrest the nomination from a campaign with an outright majority of delegates would be a type of disenfranchisement.

I guess there is an important Rules Committee and the Credentials Committee overseeing who is a delegate and the Platform committee for the National Convention; and the existence of those political party committee bodies is not a disenfranchisement. It is necessary work.
>>
File: usausausausa.jpg (19 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
usausausausa.jpg
19 KB, 315x160
President Donald Trump, Republican
>>
>>70887598
>this corrupt, ass-backwards party
name one that isn't mate
parties are toxic to the Republic
>>
>>70892215
I am opposing Donald Trump because I do not feel he has the right background, more like the wronger background to serve as President of the US.

I am not a 'Never Trump'er, I can tell you a couple of ways Donald Trump could clean up and burnish his background.

1. Other people than me vote him in as President. I WON'T. Then, he is President and gets confronted and informed and briefed and experienced. If he were to run for reelection as President I would stop saying he lacked the right experience and weigh everything else instead.

2. Governor experience is the top executive experience at the State level and I think is the best qualifier anybody can have to run for President. Suppose Don Trump took the Governorship of New York for a while, I would stop looking at him as a gargantuan realty agent and consider him differently.

3. He runs for the US Senate seat held by Senator Shumer, I think I would probably be saying 'thanks Senator Trump' and start assessing his statements from a square-one position instead of off-the-edge-of-the-board.

NEVER SAY NEVER this is what it would take
>>
>>70887598
>who would be the only person in that clown car to win an election
Has there been a single poll where he doesn't lose the general by +10%?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.