[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just was walking home from class and looked around Why do the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: american.jpg (99 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
99 KB, 500x304
Just was walking home from class and looked around

Why do the houses in the US and Canada look so well put together (majority) and other countries like Russia or even most of Europe to my knowledge look so over run?

I pay 450 a month for my apt and its nicer than anything I've seen over seas.

I'm genuinely curious

Pic related
>>
>>70878356
HOA.
>>
>>70878416
This
>>
Even the apartment buildings here look good, even the shit ones look better than most I see that are crammed into one vertical shit hole
>>
american houses are made of cheap material and very weak, so they can be easily replaced in case of a hurricane or another natural disaster distroy it. your house probably have one or more pillars that sustents the entire thing and without it your house would fall.
>>
>>70878505
Actually the house my family has back at home is a Victorian style on the main-street in my town its real old but pretty big

Yeah, I'll give you that the newer houses are made from shit material but I live in an area where nothing "extreme" ever happens
>>
>>70878505
I don't think you understand how tornadoes or hurricanes work. Wind speeds over 100mph + debris = fucked up house.

No house not designed purposefully to survive extreme weather could deal with that level of force.
>>
>>70878505
Pretty much this. Add to this that most of these houses are brand new and you start to get a better idea. It's like how American roads are some of the best in the world whereas European ones are basically shit, that's because European roads are old as fuck horse routes that got tarmacked which explains why they're so narrow whereas American roads were built after the car was already invented which is why your lanes are as wide as aircraft carriers. How you still manage to crash on them when you're driving a glorified dodgem is completely beyond me though.

>>70878777
That's exactly what he's saying though.
>>
>>70878926
>That's exactly what he's saying though.

Well what he's saying is that they're shit on purpose. I'm saying that there isn't a house around that will do well with that kind of weather, made of magic yuro stones or evil american sheet rock.
>>
>>70878926

Yeah, whenever I'm driving I notice how large our roads are and houses and I try and come up with a reason.

This explains the road thing but again even the older houses that are built really well are still placed on a decent size plot and are spacious.
>>
>>70878505
Homes built after 2001 here in Florida are built to withstand hurricanes.
>>
File: 628x-1.jpg (126 KB, 639x412) Image search: [Google]
628x-1.jpg
126 KB, 639x412
>Why do the houses in the US and Canada >look so well put together (majority)
>and other countries like Russia or even most of Europe to my knowledge
>look so over run?

en jesus we believe. yo soy tu mijo dios.
>>
>>70879406
KEK

thanks Juan
>>
File: 20090627_16.jpg (95 KB, 940x613) Image search: [Google]
20090627_16.jpg
95 KB, 940x613
>>70878356

Short answer? A very pleasant balance between the free market and government regulations. Building codes in the US are one of the few laws that are actually written by professionals in their respective fields. They take cost into account and balance affordability with the desires of the state. It results in a very wonderful middle ground, and is the reason architecture in the US is top notch.

In most other countries you typically find either a complete lack of worthwhile building codes (or easily bribed officials that negate the codes), or overly burdensome codes and red tape that makes construction prohibitively expensive.
>>
File: villetta.png (1 MB, 1265x711) Image search: [Google]
villetta.png
1 MB, 1265x711
Space. Lots of it. And cheaper land.
Europe is crowded as fuck.
That said, if you live in the countryside you can get bigger fancier houses as well not far from city centers. It's pretty common all around here.
>>
>>70880238
see
now that's nice.

>>70880150
interesting
even the dorms when i was a freshmen were nicer than that shit and they were built in the 50's

lol
>>
File: 1443301958801.jpg (118 KB, 600x859) Image search: [Google]
1443301958801.jpg
118 KB, 600x859
>>70878505
>hurricane or another natural disaster distroy it

Thats really not a concern of mine. I wouldnt live in tornado alley and I would evacuate in a hurricane like youre supposed to
>>
>>70880150
Please esplain this image and why didn't the WTC fall like this?
>>
>>70881805
I live north of Chicago

Nice county, nice neighborhood

nothing to worry about really but bad winters and breaking my back when shoveling
>>
>>70882137
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i thought that was a pile of dirt

i didnt see that it was tipped over

ahahahah wtf
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 443x332
We have some pretty cool houses here in my city because the entire city was planned beforehand,when they were building it like 50 years ago

Pic kinda related,the part where i live
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.