[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problem >Judges were caught taking bribes from private prisons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1457640817031.png (32 KB, 806x526) Image search: [Google]
1457640817031.png
32 KB, 806x526
Problem
>Judges were caught taking bribes from private prisons to give out larger sentences

Common people solution

>We need to do something about loobying. High ranking official public servants should have their personal finances completely transparent and available to general public. We need countrywide investigation to understand the range of this.

Lolbertarian solution
>Abolish law xD
>>
File: 1460393921310.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1460393921310.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
bumpity bump
>>
File: 1459630114267.jpg (73 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1459630114267.jpg
73 KB, 612x612
bump
>>
File: 1458786617876.jpg (16 KB, 386x269) Image search: [Google]
1458786617876.jpg
16 KB, 386x269
>>70860071
this image is so stupid, I like can't even.

sage
>>
>>70860071
Politically incorrect solution
>judges are appointed for life
>judges who fail in their duty can't be fired
>kill judges that are corrupt
>this scares judges away from corruption
>>
Lolbertarians are sheltered autistic kids who adopted an ideology because it's so dank and they wanna play Fallout IRL.
They are a political non-factor outside of America.
>>
>>70861540
>judges are appointed for life

why? They are already apointed for life i think

>>kill judges that are corrupt

This could be used as easily to het rid of unloyal judges

>this scares judges away from corruption

It's not the punishment that scares away people from breaking law

>>70861817
Agree, are you that montenegrin that drops seas of information in WW2 threads?
>>
>>70861949
Yeah.
>>
File: stefan.png (167 KB, 515x419) Image search: [Google]
stefan.png
167 KB, 515x419
>>70860071
>libertarians aren't against lobbying
>>
>>70860071
this image is fucking dumb. taxes dont go to an olive garden and the breadsticks are more than paid for when you buy anything else there.
>>
>>70860071
>The real solution
Kill all the niggers and crime rates go down
>>
>>70861949
>It's not the punishment that scares away people from breaking law

Are you serious? A huge portion of crimes don't get committed because the punishment is simply not worth the risk. For instance, I don't steal candy bars from fucking 7/11 because if I did get caught, it would be a huge cluster fuck to save a dollar.

This goes a long way; if I steal a car with the keys in it and get caught, I'm probably going to jail. If I vandalize public property, I get nothing, and might get in some shit. If I masturbate in public, I'm probably going to get noticed. Etc, etc.

Murders are a bit rougher as they're typically not crimes you commit with the afterthought of being caught. Crimes in passion in general are hard to create deterrence for.
>>
>>70860071

>Free breaksticks

Go in there and just eat "free" breadsticks and see what happens.
>>
>>70860071
We need to hang everyone involved with corruption like that. Once we see judges and the like swinging in the gallows, I bet you corruption will go away
>>
Reminder that taxation is theft.
>>
>>70862429
I don't know what olive garden is. I think it's some kind os stadium. But the image succeded in triggering.

>>70862552
You don't do it because you think/know you will get caught. If you don't think you will get caught, then you may do it. Why do the billionaires engage in corruption if they are already so fucking rich?

In the past banditry was punished with death. It didn't make it less common
>>
File: (you).jpg (114 KB, 1204x680) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
114 KB, 1204x680
>>70862929
>everyone who replies to my mspaint image is triggered
>>
>>70862614
Read the bottom of the sign retard
>>
>>70862617
If i could, i would hang all the corrupts and their families

>>70862057
keep droping real knowledge. Seying you obliterating Hitlabos was precious
>>
>>70860071
Libertarianism is the correct answer, think for yourself.
>>
>>70863087
Not mine, i saved it.

>>70863142
I was a little libertarian once. When i was 16. Then i grew up. And i'm not even kidding
>>
>>70863230
>I was a little libertarian once. When i was 16. Then i grew up. And i'm not even kidding
Just keep going, logic is universal.
>>
>>70861949
>They are already apointed for life i think
It varies.
>>70861949
>This could be used as easily to het rid of unloyal judges
And the government investigating further can also be ineffective due to corruption
>>70861949
>It's not the punishment that scares away people from breaking law
That's a strong statement. I don't smoke pot in front of the police for a good reason. The two posts on this topic really covered it already though.

I like the idea of making judges personal finances public. In any common law system, judges are the most difficult part. I personally don't think they should be focused on as much, rather the role of the jury needs to be protected further. The jury is the most powerful political force in America, and the biggest loss of the American people's power has come from the lack of trials that actually see a jury.
>>
>>70863685

> I don't smoke pot in front of the police for a good reason.
Because you don't want to get caught. You still smoke it. If you can smoke it witout getting caught, you will. Now if you now you will get caught, you don't smoke, because there will be punishment. That is why people say a law is as good as it can be enforced.

>I like the idea of making judges personal finances public.

Not just, but every elected official, top officials in gov bodies with decisive power. Since i know trusting them to police themselves is somewhat idiotic. So give us tools to carry our investigations
>>
>>70864121
I don't disagree with what you said, but my real point was that jury nullification is the ultimate power of the people and juries are very difficult to corrupt. Changes to improve the legal system should focus on getting more trials to see a jury, right now it's less than 10% of criminal cases, because there are too many laws for the state to actually give everyone a trial.

Also I have next to no knowledge how courts in countries without common law work. I don't care to learn about inferior systems that don't relate to my life.
>>
>>70865281
> to no knowledge how courts in countries without common law work

ok, your choice
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.