[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who killed Circuit City?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 4356936456.jpg (178 KB, 1132x629) Image search: [Google]
4356936456.jpg
178 KB, 1132x629
Who killed Circuit City?
>>
>>70859888
Interwebz
>>
Short term? Best Buy. Long term? The internet.
>>
Da jooz
>>
Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon... and everything else on the internet.
>>
>>70859888
Mitt Romney
>>
>>70859888

Suicide.
>>
>>70859888
>Who killed Circuit City?

Their own management did.

CC customers went there for the outstanding customer service. I know I did. And the employees there were not drooling tards, like Best Buy. They tended to be longer term employees, and were paid well for retail. And knowledgeable about the products they sold.

CC management decided to replace that more experienced and expensive workforce with BB tier cheaper mouth breathers. That destroyed the reason most people went there. So the chain crapped out.
>>
It ain't me
It ain't me
>>
>>70860319

Here is some sauce on that:

>http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17857697/ns/business-careers/t/circuit-city-plan-bold-strategy-or-black-eye/
>>
Best Buy drew first blood. Amazon was the coupe de grace.
>>
A little thing called the market -- and poor management.
>>
File: 1430683047840.jpg (26 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1430683047840.jpg
26 KB, 508x524
>>70860325
>go to circuit city
>buy little remote controlled helicopter toy
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
File: 1457844172184.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1457844172184.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>>70861317

I must have missed the boat on this, but the title of the song is "Fortunate Son"

That's kinda like calling Proud Mary "Rollin on the River"
>>
>>70860319
I remember as a kid in the 90s it was a nice lady who worked at circuit city that first showed me windows 3.1 solitaire and how to play it so in essence she helped me learn how to use a mouse.
>>
>>70861649
IT AINT ME

IT AINT ME

I AINT NO FORTUNATE STOOOORE
>>
Also apparently Circuit City is coming back with new ownership.
http://www.twice.com/news/retail/circuit-city-set-return-spring/60261
http://circuitcitycorporation.com/
>>
>>70860806
>On Wednesday officials at the struggling electronics retailer announced they would fire 3,400 of their highest-paid clerks and replace them with workers who will take less money, essentially hoping to find their own bargain-basement work force right here in the good old USA.
>struggling

Not saying you're wrong but they may have been in deep trouble before they fired all their workers. Firing everybody could have been a last resort to survive.
>>
>>70861649
>its just a shot away starts playing
>>
>>70862190
So.... They plan on becoming a Radio Shack?!?
>>
>>70859888

If they served beer and let you smoke Id have shopped there
>>
>>70862678
I guess? I mean the whole huge big box thing can't really work well in this day and age can it? I mean I don't blame em for wanting to be smaller.
>>
>>70862502
>Not saying you're wrong but they may have been in deep trouble

At the time they did that, all of the retail electronics biz was struggling.

Not saying they would've survived if they hadn't done that. But doing it was quick suicide, instead of a slower natural potential demise.
>>
>>70861649
>Vietnam movie
>that Viking song starts playing
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.