[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (919 KB, 1059x919) Image search: [Google]
image.png
919 KB, 1059x919
Hey /pol/, is race a social construct? Evidence?
>>
>>70841253
If for race you mean white, black or "yellow", then yes.

There are few similiarity between a west african and a southern african.

Or to a british and a russian
>>
Hmmm
The "names" of races were decided socially

Races would socialize, exclusively with one another

That's all I got
>>
If a black couple were capable of having a white child, then race would be a social construct .
>>
>>70841253
Every word is a social construct.

But does black people and Chinese people exist?
>>
>>70841253
Race is a highly socialized biological phenomenon.

>claims race is a social construct
>can test dna to indicate ethnic heritage

Its a wonder lefties can even get dressed in the morning
>>
>>70841253
No. Races are biologically not social construct. Evidence? Easy, just look their skin color and skull shape.

>>70841701

Cuck. You know nothing about race.
>>
>>70841253
"White" "black" "Asian"

It's all made up to divide people

A Walloon has about as much in common with a Bulgar as they do a Han Chinese yet they get lumped into the same category by people looking to push agendas

A Xosa has as much in common with a Tutsi as they do a Mayan, yet many people out there would have you believe that Africans are some monolithic group

A Japanese has as much in common with a Burmese as...

You get the point

Race is used to drive agendas and keep people divided so that the Great Nose can continue to fuck you over at every turn
>>
>>70841253
Civilisation is a socal construct, everything that involves humans living in groups are social constructs. Just because you recognize that doesn't mean socal constructs are a wrong thing.
>>
>>70842090
You are talking about nationality not race. Races are African, Asian, Caucasian, and Latino. There are sub-race in every races. For example, there are different between Germanic and Anglo. Both are from same race but different sub-race.
>>
>>70842337
Walloon is not a nationality
Bulgar is not a nationality
Xosa is not a nationality
Tutsi is not a nationality

It's retarded to lump people together just because they come from the same continent

Celebrating race is asinine and retarded
>>
>>70841253
Race is a srupid term that opens uo your flank for attacks such as "omg rayciss! so 19th century!"
Talk about ethnic groups, no one can deny that they do exist
>>
>>70842548
A bulgar and a Walloon have far more in common with each other than a Walloon and a Somalian. A Walloon and a German have a huge amount in common, a German and an Irishman have a huge amount in common, a Pole and an Estonian have a huge amount in common. It's all relative obviously but it's asinine to say that race doesn't exist just because every group that falls under the same racial group isn't exactly the same. Ukraine is pretty different to the UK in a lot of ways, still 1000 times more similar than Thailand or Mexico though.
>>
>>70842548
If celebrating races, you are right. I only look at races as it is. Races are biologically, not social. It is only up to people's views.

Also, I misread your 'sub-races' comments. Otherwise, I agree with you.
>>
>>70842296
>>70842928
>>70842548
I just totally agree with the British guy.
>>
>>70841253

Race IS a social construct based on how we perceive the world and each other. EVERYTHING is a social construct. Science, which the study of race and genealogy is a part of, IS a social construct.

People that try to illigitimize things based on whether it's a social construct or not are communist or anarchist equivocators that want to undo social constructs, which are literally the things that are woven to make our society and civilization exist.

Ask them why social constructs are wrong.
>>
>>70842090
Yeah, the fact that people share similar physical and behavioural characteristics correlating with genetic and geographic distance was "made up" to "divide people".

Delusional
>>
>>70841253
If it is, then nobody can be racist.

I'm not entirely opposed to this.
>>
>>70841794

What about albinos?
>>
>>70841253
Race is a "social construct" in the sense that what defines a race is ambiguous between people. Genetics is most definitely real, though. Haplogroups quite obviously exist.
>>
>>70843537
>what about a genetic defect?

A black albino can't have white kids either way.
>>
no but that biscuit looks tasty as fuck. is it KFC or is it Popeyes?
>>
>>70843537
It's a bloody anomaly ffs. What are you trying to prove?
>>
>>70841253
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>70843790
Bojangles makes the best baskets. Or Hardees. Damn I wish I could get one right now.
>>
File: racediffs.jpg (355 KB, 980x1154) Image search: [Google]
racediffs.jpg
355 KB, 980x1154
>>70841253
ya, to the liberals its a social construct.
>>
>>70843918
I certainly have an opinion, I just wanted to post to see /pol/'s overall consensus on the topic.
>>
>>70841253
No, it's biologically based
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.