[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Bill Gates and Pals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: download.png (9 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9 KB, 253x199
Just raise $100 billion and put it into fusion research and speed up development so we can have commercial reactors online by 2030

Fuck Malaria and Africa

<3 love straya
>>
>>70834186
>Why don't we throw money at things that we don't have a good enough understanding of yet?

Gee, you mean businessmen don't want to waste money on something that won't exist for over a decade and they won't see a return on for at least twice as long?
>>
File: 1458281667836.jpg (12 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1458281667836.jpg
12 KB, 208x243
>>70834186
>Just raise $100 billion and put it into fusion research and speed up development so we can have commercial reactors online by 2030
Goy, nuclear energy is dangerous, look at chernobyl, oil is safer and better :^)
>>
>>70834186
Fusion will never be commercially viable. It's a scheme to get faggots to pay for military magnetic and laser technology.
>>
>>70834186
Last I checked you can't test eugenics with nuclear fusion.
>>
>>70834261

>durr lets keep using the oil jew instead

They reached Q of 1 recently, which means the reactor technology is finally able to recoup its energy costs and therefore we are well on our way to having reactors which repay their costs.

If everyone believes that "it will take so long" then no one pays and it ends up dying off, even if we ignore jew manipulation.

>>70834391

>It's a scheme to get faggots to pay for military magnetic and laser technology.

lol as if that's a bad thing.

Technology sweeps across many fields, just like we saw with radar technology or GPS.
>>
File: 1459367964130.gif (722 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1459367964130.gif
722 KB, 245x245
>>70834320
rare flaggggggggggggggggggggggggg
>>
>>70834655
>rare flaggggggggggggggggggggggggg
lurk moar faggot
>>
>>70834705
kek suck my dick u coastl reeking whore
>>
>>70834622
Mixed renewables and fossil fuels are the commercially viable future. Fusion is a scam. I don't care, I don't throw money at it.
>>
N-NO GOYIM

LETS SELL OPUR POWER PLANTS TO CHINA INSTEAD!

THEY'LL LOOK AFTER YO....US
>>
>>70834836
>Fusion is a scam

No it's not, it produces no waste and a huge amount of energy.

If you think fusion is a scam then you may as well kill yourself because every star in the universe operates on Fusion.
>>
>>70834746
I would suck your big fat dick :^3

N-no homo tho
>>
Fusion is viable as a propellant, but poses far too many basic problems to be viable for domestic energy. More 'research' would imply that there's something about fusion that we don't understand about it, which is pretty farfetched.
>>
>>70834931
>it produces no waste and a huge amount of energy.
It produces a lot of wasted energy in the form of neutrons except for 2 viable reactions: one that uses a rare isotope of a scarce element with pisspoor crosssection, and another that requires enormous activation energy.
>>
>>70834931
It doesn't produce any energy and you arnt factoring the cost of actually building the shielding or the fact the incredibly advanced technology of the shielding is destroyed by neutrons during the running of the reaction.

It was never intended to produce power. It's technological development. Oh and I worm in medical science. Genetics won't significantly extend your life. Sorry retard.
>>
>>70834186

The issue isn't money, the issue is that everyone who wants to work on fusion is working on it already therefore progress is moving as fast as it can, unless there is a sudden influx of scientists and engineers into the field.

But they'll only be held back by the Matriarchy or some bullshit movement that will derail it for being sexy.
>>
>>70834186
I say Widom-Larsen LENR Theory is a better bet.
>>
>>70834186
>Strayan thinking a woman can give birth to a child in 1 instead of 9 months if you throw enough money at her
>>
He wasted a ton of money already on traveling-wave (overly complex) instead of going to liquid fluoride thorium. Fusion is WAY too long away from reality. Solid fuel and liquid fuel fission reactors are proven and stable.
>>
>>70834836

>Mixed renewables and fossil fuels are the commercially viable future.

Right...

the Earth won't keep shitting out oil, solar is a scam, hydro is a bit far fetched for all the world's needs (not to mention the environmental impact it has).

>>70835110

>one that uses a rare isotope of a scarce element with pisspoor crosssection, and another that requires enormous activation energy.

Which isotopes are those?

>>70835153

> actually building the shielding or the fact the incredibly advanced technology of the shielding is destroyed by neutrons during the running of the reaction.

Ever looked up the Stellerator?

The neutrons destroying the reactor meme works if you are fusing the wrong isotopes. The idea is to use deuterium-tritium fusion to eliminate thos.
>>
>>70834391
> Cucked European thinking it is wrong to kill your enemy
Nothing wrong with military magnetic and laser technology.
>>
>>70835689
No of course not. I am just laughing at the people who think it's gonna create startrek.
>>
>>70836183
If you told some fags from 1800s that there would be invented a device that can magically cook food with invisible waves of heat they'd laugh too.

You never fucking know what turn technology development will take.
>>
>>70836183

>I am just laughing at the people who think it's gonna create startrek.

You're delusional.

There's a massive difference between concepts which are documented and well observed (nuclear fusion) and concepts which are trickery with numbers (alcubierre warp drive) but otherwise entirely unproven.

The only recent discovery which moved the warp drive "closer" to reality is the fact that gravitational waves exist, which means (presumably) that they can be manipulated.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.