[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheists are liars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 4214125.gif (16 KB, 363x351) Image search: [Google]
4214125.gif
16 KB, 363x351
Christians are more trustworthy than atheists, and here's why.

Christians are forbidden to lie, whereas atheists are not. This causes the atheist to lie considerably much more. If lying is beneficial to the atheist, and he believes he can get away with it, what's stopping him? Lying goes from being a sin to being a useful strategy.

Yes, christians lie too, but not as much. Restrictions work, otherwise the legal system wouldn't (or any other kind of rules/norms for that matter).

The average atheist is the person who would see no problem lying in a job interview, on his CV, to the girl he's flirting with, to his friends when he'd rather stay at home than going out, etc. They lie literally every day.

Atheism is inherently immoral and this just proves it.
>>
That's not a proof that lying is innately immoral. It's not even a proof that atheists lie with the intent of being immoral.
>>
>>70833927
>That's not a proof that lying is innately immoral
Are you implying that lying is morally justified?
>It's not even a proof that atheists lie with the intent of being immoral.
No, but they lie more than christians nonetheless.
>>
Athiests are trash, this is obvious. I mean look at shit spewing banana fucking man.
>>
>>70833798

in my experience, christians lie all the time because they go to church and god forgives them.

but atheists, and agnostics like myself, have to live with ourselves, so we tend to be decent honorable honest people.

case in point. I always pay taxes on my income, no big deal. this churchy guy hires me and says "and I will file a 1099 because I think everyone should pay taxes". I'm like, sure, that's what I want you to do.

a year or two later, he layed me off to hire a guy from his church, who was a fairly stupid guy who was on disability. the stupid guy told me that he was being paid under the table (no taxes) so that his disability payments would not be decreased.

christians. gotta love em.
>>
>>70834051
It just boggles me how there are atheists on this board who say that islam (and the refugee movement in general) is ruining western civilization. Atheism has the same effect, if not greater. Hypocrites.
>>
>>70834355
>in my experience, christians lie all the time because they go to church and god forgives them.
Christianity does not equal "LOLOL GOD WILL FORGIVE ME IF I SAY IM SORRY, #YOLO #SWAG"". A christian knows that lying is immoral, and will repent. Repenting means you genuinely regret doing whatever you did wrong. It means you will try your hardest to refrain from doing it again in the future. Atheists generally don't have this mindset.

>but atheists, and agnostics like myself, have to live with ourselves, so we tend to be decent honorable honest people.
"The average atheist is the person who would see no problem lying in a job interview, on his CV, to the girl he's flirting with, to his friends when he'd rather stay at home than going out, etc. They lie literally every day. "
Is this you? Because I see this shit all the time with atheists. They even advocate the shit. "Anon, you need to lie on your CV and in interviews, otherwise you'll never get a job".

>case in point. I always pay taxes on my income, no big deal.
This thread was about lying, not paying your taxes.
>>
>>70833798
Every day when a member of the cult wakes up they tell themselves a lie and tell everyone they know a lie.

It's hard to believe that an atheist can lie just as much, even less believable that they could lie more.
>>
>>70833798
Muslims are encouraged to lie: Taqqiya.

So your theory goes into the trash. Atheists are no more or less moral than Deists.
>>
>>70835036
Did I not specifically say christians in the beginning of this post? I never said that muslims are more trustworthy. I advise you to get your vision checked.
>>
File: 1460325629970.jpg (67 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
1460325629970.jpg
67 KB, 680x1020
>>70833798
This is basically the same old religious argument: "God gives me morals. Atheists don't believe in God so they must not have morals." Do I really need to waste my time explaining why this is wrong like thousands of fedoras before me?
>>
>>70833798
>/pol/
>Muh Redpill
>Still believe in practically unfounded skyman who is the answer to everything
>Literally no point in researching anything anymore because it can be razor'd dowb to "god did it" even though that's not how Occam's razor works
>Only supporting points is muh degeneracy

I don't know how there are retards who will hop on the anti theism bandwagon and claim rationalism in terms of being anti theist but then not put a single second of thought into actual issues that matter (ie refugee floods, etc) but you guys are either chosing ignorance or are actually that retarded. Literally kill yourselves.
>>
>>70835006
>Every day when a member of the cult wakes up they tell themselves a lie and tell everyone they know a lie.
What lie would that be?
>>
File: 0969864467.jpg (99 KB, 453x752) Image search: [Google]
0969864467.jpg
99 KB, 453x752
>>70835166
Read the entire post you cock-sucking degenerate. It logically follows that atheists would lie more.

>>70835188
Pic related is you.
>>
>>70835166
Normativity can't exist without God.
>>
>>70835147
No, but he's pointing out a flaw in Diest logic. Like it or not, Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions, and they both share similiar bodies of thought and arguments. But sure, just play semantics and keep the argument in your pre-defined box - we wouldn't want to face a good counter point would we? oh boy
>>
>>70835211
That your skyman doesn't exist and or doesn't matter.

There's overwhelming evidence now that making an arguement that the universe is a hologram is a legitimate scientific claim. (look it up) but it still wouldn't fucking matter, would it? If we're all living inside the mind of a single person, and all just only interacting with that person when they acknowledge us it still wouldn't matter.

You retard, don't you get it? It just doesn't matter. It's so trivial to debate about this kind of shit it's mind numbing. Go do something useful or at least go back to helping other threads btfo da gews and da muzzies.
>>
>>70835353
Why? Can you prove the standard of normaltivity comes from no other source except a supernatural being? And specifically the Christian god at that?
>>
>>70835370
>No, but he's pointing out a flaw in Diest logic
What fuck are you on about? This is about the difference of trustworthyness between christians and atheists.
>Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions, and they both share similiar bodies of thought and arguments.
"Christians and muslims believe in the same God, therefore the religions are basically the same religion! With the same teachings!
>But sure, just play semantics and keep the argument in your pre-defined box - we wouldn't want to face a good counter point would we? oh boy
Are you butthurt because you have no real rebuttal to the OP?
>>
>>70834034
>Are you implying that lying is morally justified?
Well, i certainly think there are cases in which lying is the more sensitive thing to do, or at least covering the thruth.
For example, if I and someone else weaker than me are stranded in a island, and that someone offers to give me the last can of food he has, i can lie and say "i'm not hungry" or "i don't want it", causing them to consume the food instead of me.
>>
>>70834857
>Atheists generally don't have this mindset.
That's a big assuption you're making.
>>
>>70835503
Atheism and moral absolutism are logically incompatible. Without an absolute moral authority, right and wrong becomes a matter of opinion. Opinions are neither right nor wrong, they are opinions.

>"Rape is wrong."
>"Rape is not wrong."

Who is right and who is wrong? How do you decide?

Stop being a fucking moron. Only theism can support the basis of right and wrong.
>>
>>70835589
Jesus Christ, what an autist. Go get fucked by Ahmed, Swede sissy.
>>
>>70834034

You're the one that's out to prove that lying is immoral. You have to prove that claim. I have made no claims - I challenged yours. If I was to claim anything, I would say lying is an inevitable part of the human condition.

You can't prove they lie more than Christians. It's a belief asserted as fact.
>>
>>70835712
Well if they do they are either brainwashed or straight out retarded. Why should an atheist feel sorry for doing something that increased the odds of his own survival? The only thing that matters on this Earth is him.
>>
>>70835752
>Without an absolute moral authority, right and wrong becomes a matter of opinion.
That's wrong, tho.
All you need to see what's right and wrong is a good pair of parents and the law.
You don't need religion to understand raping someone will get you in jail.
>>
File: fadora eyes.jpg (28 KB, 859x220) Image search: [Google]
fadora eyes.jpg
28 KB, 859x220
>>70833798

Weird that the vast majority of criminals in prison are religious then isn't it?
>>
>>70835853
>You're the one that's out to prove that lying is immoral.
You've just proved that you're an immoral degenerate. Get the fuck out of the USA, nigger. It is christian to the core, same as Europe. You don't belong here. You are no better than the muslims being imported.

>You can't prove they lie more than Christians. It's a belief asserted as fact.
Nothing can be proven, but it logically follows.
>>
>>70833798
Being forbidden to lie doesn't mean they can't and won't, just like how your wife told you she did nothing when alone with Abdul last night
>>
>>70835995
Isn't prison where they go to find religion?
>>
>>70835922
>Why should an atheist feel sorry for doing something that increased the odds of his own survival?
Because living with the guilt if depriving another human being of nutrient when they need it and probably killing them in the process is worse than any hunger
>The only thing that matters on this Earth is him
Absolutely false.
Pain, Hunger and sadness are all in the brain, i'll pick helping someone out so that i'm sound mentally rather than eating for a day and feeling guilty forever.
>>
>>70835752
Before saying "aha they are incompatible therefore I win the argument", first prove that moral absolutism is objectively real and true. Prove this higher moral authority exists and that it follows your specific sect of Christianity.
>Who is right and who is wrong? How do you decide?
We as a society have defined our own moral bounds as the need arises. Throughout time they change - poking a hole in the "rock hard moral authority" meme. And even religious people with their moral absolutism can't agree on everything, so the fact there are debates about morals all the time hurts your stance too.
>>
>>70835960
>That's wrong, tho. All you need to see what's right and wrong is a good pair of parents and the law.
Implying the law is the same in all countries, or even within the same country throughout its entire existence. Atheism and moral absolutism are not logically compatible, simple as that. Want to refute it? Refute logic. Good luck with that though.

>You don't need religion to understand raping someone will get you in jail.
So something that lands you in jail is wrong? If a country created a law that made it illegal to eat, is eating wrong? Fucking idiot. Why don't you go get chainsawed by the cartel
>>
>>70835995
Lying is not a criminal offense, dumbfuck. Try more strawmans.
>>
>>70836074
Read the OP again, sandnigger.

>Yes, christians lie too, but not as much. Restrictions work, otherwise the legal system wouldn't (or any other kind of rules/norms for that matter).
>>
>>70835995

>What are proportions?
>>
>>70836191
>Before saying "aha they are incompatible therefore I win the argument", first prove that moral absolutism is objectively real and true. Prove this higher moral authority exists and that it follows your specific sect of Christianity.
Are you a fucking idiot? Prove to me that anything is real, guess what? You can't. Epistemological solipsism made sure of that. Get the fuck out of here with pseudo-intellectualism. Atheism and moral absolutism are logically incompatible. Want to refute this? Refute logic. Good luck.
>>
>>70836191
>We as a society have defined our own moral bounds as the need arises.
Something can't be both right and wrong, that's a contradiction, which is illogical. One society think rape is wrong, another don't. Do you even logic? I guess not, seeing as your arguments lack it.
>>
>>70836184
>Because living with the guilt if depriving another human being of nutrient when they need it and probably killing them in the process is worse than any hunger
Then you've been brainwashed. You're literally more brainwashed than theists. You don't believe in God yet think morals are important? Or that anybody else other than you matter (unless they're directly beneficial to your own survival). What the fuck. Is this real life?

>Absolutely false. Pain, Hunger and sadness are all in the brain. 'll pick helping someone out so that i'm sound mentally rather than eating for a day and feeling guilty forever.
So is rationality. Reason takes precedence over emotion. If you're an atheist and think someone other than yourself matters, you are literally brainwashed.
>>
File: 1455785458391.jpg (36 KB, 300x405) Image search: [Google]
1455785458391.jpg
36 KB, 300x405
>>70836369
>I-Idiot - I don't have to justify my arguments or claims. it's too hard! ;_;
Your moral absolutism relies on pre-supposing your specific God is real and that he represents your list of morals. So prove he objectively exists and that he is the arbiter of your morality. OR you could just continue to sperg out and repeat meme arguments over and over.
>>
>>70834857

>Repenting means you genuinely regret doing whatever you did wrong.
Literally billions of people are forced to be christians, but don't really believe in it. Therefore, they continue pretending to be fake christians and christianity is no marker of honesty. In fact the average christian today has been bullied into "believing" so they actually want to escape the cult but are too scared of being punished for leaving.
>>
>>70836029
Are you a nigger ? You sound like a nigger
>>
>>70836269
Restrictions don't mean shit when mental gymnastics allow monotheist cucks to "reconcile" after committing "immoralities", just like how you're putting forth a no true christian argument
>>
>>70836698
>Your moral absolutism relies on pre-supposing your specific God is real and that he represents your list of morals.
I never said that I can prove that my God is real. But you seem to be a fucking idiot, so I will clarify. It doesn't matter if he exists or not. A absolute moral authority is necessary for ABSOLTUE morals to exist. Is it really that hard to understand? Maybe you should ask the government to stop supplying your water with fluoride. Also, everything about science relies upon the presupposition that our entire perception of reality isn't just an illusion being perpetuated by an invisible force. Get out of here with your fucking nihilist bullshit. There are some things which are more rational than others.
>>
>>70836442
I'm about to hit you with some bad news. You might want to have a seat on Ahmed's cock. Society often contradicts itself legally and morally. This is why we have a never ending flow of law changes and ethical debates. We have to rely on ourselves to define what we all agree is right an wrong. Reality hits you hard bro
>>
>>70836206
>Implying the law is the same in all countries
Never said it was, religous beliefs aren't the only way to aquire morals.
Also you kinda ignored the parents part

>Atheism and moral absolutism are not logically compatible, simple as that
By "moral absolutism" you mean being 100% moral, right?
Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's impossible to do, everyone in their life will do something deemed immoral by someone.

>So something that lands you in jail is wrong?
Duh? If you're taught that by parents, school and society itself, you don't need religion.
>If a country created a law that made it illegal to eat, is eating wrong?
Of course eating isn't wrong, this example is completely dumb, anon.
>>
>>70836746
>Literally billions of people are forced to be christians, but don't really believe in it.
If they don't believe it, they're not christian, are they? Go fuck a kangaroo you fucking retard.
>>
Can you trust someone who only does good things when they think they will be rewarded?
Is this truly moral?
Can you trust someone when they believe every wrong they committed will be absolved by someone else? That someone else can take the guilt and responsibility for the mistakes they made?
>>
>>70836748
That's rich, coming from a french person.
>>
>>70836879
Moral absolutism doesn't exist.
>>
>>70836899
Exactly, so how the fuck can morality be present without an absolute moral authority? IT CAN'T.
>>
The Bible is literally lies from cover to cover; almost none of it actually happened, is or was real. Tell me what sort of value people who claim to admire can place on truth and honesty.
>>
>>70836903
>Of course eating isn't wrong, this example is completely dumb, anon.
You said that if something lands you in jail it's wrong. This example is perfectly reasonable. You even said it in the same post. "Duh? If you're taught that by parents, school and society itself, you don't need religion."

>By "moral absolutism" you mean being 100% moral, right? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's impossible to do
No, by moral absolutism I mean something ACTUALLY BEING RIGHT OR WRONG. DO YOU NOT HAVE A DICTIONARY IN YOUR THIRD WORLD SHITHOLE OR WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? GOOGLE "MORAL ABSOLUTISM" AND READ YOU STUPID FUCKING SUB-HUMAN SAND NIGGER.
>>
>>70836748
Check the flag.
>>
>>70836949
>Can you trust someone who only does good things when they think they will be rewarded?
Christians don't repent because they think they won't get their rewards. They repent because they know what they did was wrong. Fucking spaztic atheist.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (56 KB, 594x537) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
56 KB, 594x537
>>70836879
>I never said that I can prove that my God is real.
Then what's the point of being so assblasted about Atheists not beleiving in any gods?
>A absolute moral authority is necessary for ABSOLTUE morals to exist.
Why?
>Also, everything about science relies upon the presupposition that our entire perception of reality isn't just an illusion being perpetuated by an invisible force.
True, but at some point the body of science has to agree to think pragmatically and continue on under the assumption that our universe it real - otherwise we wouldn't get anywhere. Nice try though, I can see you're stating to get a tad desperate. But that's okay, critical thinking could kick in any second. I have FAITH in it.
>are some things which are more rational than others.
Like what?
>>
File: 6456767.jpg (14 KB, 235x242) Image search: [Google]
6456767.jpg
14 KB, 235x242
>>70833798
>Christians are forbidden to lie
Christians are forbidden to do lots of things, Sven
That doesn't stop them from doing it
>>
>>70837036
Then right and wrong doesn't exist. Rape is not wrong, pedophilia is not wrong, the cartel beheading little mexican children is not wrong.
>>
>>70837270
READ THE ENTIRE POST YOU FUCKING POTATO NIGGER. I NEVER SAID CHRISTIANS DON'T LIE, I SAID ATHEISTS LIE MORE. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR INTELLECTUALLY INFERIOR BRAIN. DO YOU HAVE PROBLEM READING AND COMPREHENDING YOUR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE?
>>
>>70833798
But how do you know that the people claiming to be Christian aren't just lying?
>>
>>70837347
Irrelevant. It's still a higher probability that they are christians compared to someone who flat out say they are an atheist.
>>
>>70837189
>>70837275
Breaking news, morals are subjective and not even christians can agree on what is right and wrong.
>>
>>70833798
Christians are not forbidden to lie though.
>>
>>70837042
It can exist and it does exist. It just isn't the comfy diest version that you would like. Again - prove an absolute moral authority exists. pls, your feet must be getting tired from hopping around arguments. take a break bby
>>
>>70837248
Can you be sure of that? Just like you can be sure that Christians unwaveringly follow the rules set forth by their God?
>>
>>70834470
When was the last time Atheists gang-raped European women? (Not including 1945) When was the last time we fucking suicide bombed innocent people? What exactly have we done that is the same or greater than what Muslims have done?
Fucking thick faggot
>>
>>70837427
Not remotely.
There is more motivation to lie about being Christian than there is to lie about being atheist.
>>
>>70834857
>FORGIVE ME GOD #YOLO #SWAG
I just went to a church near me for my religion course and they literally said that.

They also said if you accept Jesus he'd forgive all your sins.

Also Christianity itself is deceitful. The only thing stopping you from doing ""sins"" is a book? Are you like a low-functioning sociopath or something?

I mean, what is empathy.
>>
>>70837250
>Then what's the point of being so assblasted about Atheists not beleiving in any gods?
Because you think you're so fucking clever when in reality you are more brainwashed than anyone else on this planet. You follow arbitrary morals such as "rape is wrong, pedohilia is wrong, murder is wrong", when they have logical basis whatsoever. NOTHING IS WRONG IN THE ABSENSE OF GOD. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTABLE.

>Why?
It's self-explanatory. If you really don't understand, get a brain transplant.
>>
>>70837516
>inb4 you allowed them
>>
>>70837433
THAT'S FUCKING BESIDES THE POINT. THEISM CAN SUPPORT THE CONCEPT OF MORAL ABSOLUTISM, ATHEISM CAN'T DUE TO THE LACK OF AN ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY DISAGREE ON WHATS RIGHT AND WRONG.
>>
>>70837275
>HUR DURR WITHOUT RELIGION YOU CANT KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT OR WRONG
Literally a low-functioning sociopath
>>
>>70833798
>LYIN'
>TED
>>
>>70837462
>It can exist and it does exist.
How? INB4 MUH FUCKING NATURALISTIC FALLACY OR AD POPULUM
>>
>>70837516
YOU ARE THE REASON WHY WESTERN CIVILIZATION IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE DEGENERATE
>>
>>70837446
/thread
>>
>>70837636

English is his second language, so when he speaks it aloud THIS IS HOW HE ACTUALLY SPEAKS.
>>
>>70837567
WHAT IS EMPATHY
IS
EMPATHY

also anti-suffering consensual utilitarianism
>>
>>70837528
This.
I grew up in the bible belt, I had a lot of friends and acquaintances who had to hide their non-belief from family and teachers, etc.
>>
>>70833798
I don't believe that. I feel like Christians are the ones who lie and judge alot because of their sexual suppression and the other seven deadly sins. all of that suppression creates liars.
>>
>>70837528
If someone say they are a christian, there's still a high chance that they are a christian. If they say they're an atheist, there's a low-chance that they are a christian. IS IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? FFS
>>
>>70837636
That's not what I said at all. I SAID THAT RIGHT AND WRONG HAS NO LOGICAL BASIS WITHOUT AN ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY. IF ONE PERSON SAYS RAPE IS WRONG AND ANOTHER ONE SAYS ITS OKAY, WHO THE FUCK IS RIGHT? ITS OPINION VERSUS OPINION YOU FUCKING RETARDED AMERICAN. BOTH CANT BE RIGHT, THATS A CONTRADICTION WHICH IS ILLOGICAL. FUCKING NIGGER NGIINGNOIIHENWIOEOPRJEWPKOROPJWEREWRWERWER
>>
File: 323.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
323.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>mfw OP is a lying atheist trying to make Christians look retarded
>>
>>70837690
Says a Swede! And likely a Protestant!
>>
>>70837826
>IF ONE PERSON SAYS RAPE IS WRONG AND ANOTHER ONE SAYS ITS OKAY, WHO THE FUCK IS RIGHT?

The first one to say "GOD TOLD ME THE ANSWER"
>>
>>70837567
>IS WRONG IN THE ABSENSE OF GOD. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTABLE.
No, nothing is OBJECTIVLEY wrong. But we as a collective group of human beings and our societies have deemed certain things wrong, for specific reasons. gee feels like i'm going around in circles with you haha - getting dizzy!
>It's self-explanatory. If you really don't understand, get a brain transplant.
Humor me, and educate my dumb fedora brain. I'm giving you an opportunity to turn my viewpoint around with your autis-superior logic skills.
>>
>>70837732
NOT ALL PEOPLE FEEL EMPATHIC ABOUT THE SAME THINGS YOU SPAZTIC CUNT. AGAIN WITH THE CONTRADICTION WHICH IS ILLOGICAL. I THOUGHT YOU ATHEISTS WERE LIKED LOGIC? I GUESS NOT.
>>
>>70837567
>NOTHING IS WRONG IN THE ABSENSE OF GOD. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTABLE.
Again, you don't need religion to feel like an asshole for doing shitty stuff.
Feeling sad when people cry or angry when others are hurt is a basic human function.
>>
>>70837758
You're a retard.

If someone says they are a Christian, there's a higher likelihood that they are only claiming to be Christian so people will perceive them as honest.

If someone says they are an atheist, there's really no reason to disbelieve them at all.
>>
>>70837908
>NOT ALL PEOPLE FEEL EMPATHIC ABOUT THE SAME THINGS YOU SPAZTIC CUNT.
So? How does this disprove that you don't need God to be good?
>>
>>70837446
/threadd
>>
>>70837900
No, nothing is OBJECTIVLEY wrong. But we as a collective group of human beings and our societies have deemed certain things wrong,
DO YOU NOT SEE THE CONTRADICTION YOU FUCKING IDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOT?
>>
You're also banned from premarital sex, which explains your virginity, right?
>>
>>70837995

kek
>>
File: 593805918.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
593805918.gif
141 KB, 287x344
I'm done with this shit. You atheists are fucking retarded. It's not even funny anymore. "HHAHAHHAHAHA LOOK MY ARGUMENTS CONTRADICT EACHOTHER BUT W/E GOD IS STUPID LOL FUCKING OWNED CHRISTFAG. HAHAHAHA, I DONT NEED LOGIC I GOTS ME FEDORA
>>
>>70837446
http://www.openbible.info/topics/lying
>>
>>70834470
Why are people replying to this thread after the OP wrote this? It's obvious that he is a "refugee", just hide the thread and move on.
>>
>>70838064
All this asspain.
>>
It's not about immorality. Since when was being a christian better than anything. It just means you believe some dude created everything... Idk how that would make you better than anyone.
>>
>>70838064

You're actually making everyone here laugh OP, keep going.
>>
>>70837826
YOU'R CHERRY PICKING, THE BIBLE LITERALLY SAYS THE PUNISHMENT FOR RAPE IS YOU PAY THE FATHER 50 SHEKELS

>If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
>>
>>70838103
I'm against the refugee movement you fucking nigger. I hate non-whites.
>>
>>70837988
What fucking contradiction? My point is that moral absolutism doesn't exist? The only morals that exist in the world are the morals we as a society have agreed upon on any given time. PROVE WHY MORAL ABSOLUTISM IS TRUE AND WHY YOUR GOD IS THE ARBITER OF SAID MORAL STANDARDS. maybe the caps will help you see the text better through all of that sandnigger cum getting in your eyes
>>
>>70838096
>http://www.openbible.info/topics/lying

That's out of context
>>
>>70838173
That's pretty anti-christian, dude.
>>
>>70837988
Taking that BBC a bit too hard up the ass.
Objectivity in morals is impossible to get, just because a group of people think that crying is wrong it doesn't mean crying is wrong.
Morals are a collection of norms used to help everyone in a certain context, if you live where water is plenty and you spill it, no one cares, if you live somehwere dry and spill it, you're an idiot.
Morals will always differ
>>
>>70838150
GOD LITERALLY HELPS PEOPLE RAPE

>Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
>>
File: taqiyya.jpg (103 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
taqiyya.jpg
103 KB, 480x480
>>70838173
Sure you do, my fellow white European.
>>
>>70838173
That's a quote from Jesus right?
"I hate niggers! Kill the non-whites!"
>>
>>70838252
NO IT'S NOT. GOODY GOODY, LOVE 'EM ALL UP, TOLERANT, PACIFISTIC CHRISTIANITES VIOLATE THE WORD OF GOD FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION IN ORDER TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT AND SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE. THEY ARE FUCKING HERETICS.
>>
>>70838225
which one?
>>
>>70838349
Jesus was a fucking shitskin jew himself.

The white romans were his oppressors.

Lefties have a point about white men being the badguy, according to christianity.
>>
File: 1449850022173.jpg (61 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1449850022173.jpg
61 KB, 500x714
>>70838064
oh look the religious person had to face counter arguments and he got triggered. what a suprise, what a twist
>>
>>70837844
>Catholic "Americans"
You have to go back martinez
>>
>>70838271
YOU'RE LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT MORAL RELATIVISM WHICH IS THE ONLY THING COMPATIBLE WITH ATHEISM, AND ITS INHERENTLY ILLOGICAL DUE TO SAID CONTRADICTIONS. I AM TALKING ABOUT MORAL ABSOLUTISM. WHAT IS SO FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING HARD TO FUCKIGN UNDERSTAND. ITS NOT A MEME THAT MEXICANS ARE FUCKING SUBHUMAN TRASH. YOU CANT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE FUNDAMENTS OF LOGIC
>>
>>70838400
The one about lying being forbidden. It's supposed to be bearing false witness.
>>
>>70838372
Lol, you're kinda funny but unconvincing. Gave me a chuckle though.

5/10, keep working on it.
>>
File: Eastwood_Good_Bad_and_the_Ugly.png (165 KB, 342x310) Image search: [Google]
Eastwood_Good_Bad_and_the_Ugly.png
165 KB, 342x310
So basically what OP is recommending is that all atheists should lie about being Christians because he would be more likely to believe your lies.

kek
>>
>>70838446
THEY DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARGUMENTS HAVE NO LOGICAL BASIS. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IM PISSED FOR? ITS LIKE ARGUING WITH A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD WHO STILL HASNT DEVELOPED A CAPACITY FOR REASON.
>>
>>70838470
I like you have no rebuttal, you just scream "i'm right you're wrong"
Have fun seeing your wife and daughter raped and killed by muslims
>>
>>70838470
No, idiot. It doesn't do you any good to try backing up your absolute morality by making up an imaginary friend who speaks them into reality.

If an atheist can't defend absolute morality, a christian can't defend the existence of god. Both arguments rely on the same idea.
>>
>>70838470
Calm down, anon.
Maybe you need a relaxing session of watching a pure swedish girl getting fucked by 3 muslims.
>>
>>70838252
>>70838349
Looks like Ahmed just shot himself in the foot.

>>70838372
Calm down, there's no need to blow yourself up just yet. Try again tomorrow, maybe you'll get your 72 (You)s.
>>
>>70833927
Because you have no objective basis for your morality, you cannot tell whether lying is moral or immoral. In fact, and in practice, you likely believe that your well intentioned lies are moral, and other people's lies are immoral.

Because God is the objective basis for morality, when God says that all lies are evil, and all lies do the work of the devil, all lies are evil.
>>
File: 1522314124.jpg (50 KB, 510x335) Image search: [Google]
1522314124.jpg
50 KB, 510x335
>>70838588
HAVE FUN SEEING YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY BEHING BEHEADED BY CHAINSAWS YOU FUCKING SPIC.
>>
>>70838470
Why does moral relativism contradict itself? Why is moral absolutism true?

WILL OP EVER ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? WILL HE EVER STOP GARGLING AHMED'S STINKY CUM? TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON "SILLY SWEDE ON THE SPECTRUM"
>>
>>70835166
God does not give people morals.

God defines what morality is, by being above us, and dictating what is good and what is evil, and enforcing those.

Without a higher power, if you will, there is no objective basis for morality.
>>
Here you are wasting your time while your country bends over for mudslimes

How sad
>>
>>70838688
>when God says

You mean, "when the bible says", right?

God doesn't say anything. But then you've walked into a problem.
>>
>>70835370
Christianity does not have taqiyya built in to cover for lies. In fact, one "flaw" of Christianity is that people hold to the truth in the face of death threats from muslims, who believe their religion superior due to their willingness to kill for it.
>>
>>70838688
>>70838688
>>70838688
>>70838688
>>70838688

FINALLY. SOMEONE WHO'S NOT A RETARD.
>>
>>70835592
Or you could not lie, and achieve the same result. "Please, you eat it, you need it too."
>>
>>70838794
I'VE ALREADY DONE IT PLENTY OF TIIMES YOU FUCKING NIGGER FUCK. MORAL RELATIVISM ALLOWS PEOPLE TO HOLD CONTRADICTORY CLAIMS AS TO WHATS RIGHT AND WRONG. ONE CULTURE/PERSON CAN THINK RAPE IS OKAY WHILST ANOTHER THINK ITS WRONG. OBVIOUSLY RAPE IS EITHER RIGHT OR WRONG, IT CANT BE BOTH BECAUSE THATS A LOGICAL FUCKING CONTRADICTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIION. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT U FUCKING MONKEY
>>
>>70835853
>lying is an inevitable part of the human condition.

We agree on this point. We call it the depravity of man.
>>
>>70836682
>having empathy and being a good person is being brainwashed
>being a sociopath
>>
>>70838796
There is absolutely nothing stopping a person who disregards morals from taking advantage of your tendency to genuinely believe this retardation.

I've pointed it out hundreds of times in the thread already. An atheist can just lie about being Christian and you'll believe that he is being more honest because he's forbidden to lie.

If the atheist doesn't actually believe it, and he's so morally bankrupt, why the hell would he be honest about his atheism?
>>
>>70837036
Moral absolutism without God does not exist.
>>
>>70837176
Everything in the bible is true.
>>
>>70837433
God knows right and wrong, good and evil, and is therefore qualified to be the objective basis for morality.
>>
>>70839021
>>70839043
THANK YOU
>>
>>70838971
Cultures have different morals.
>Rape can't be both right and wrong
Rape is neither
>>
>>70837516
Today, probably. It's a rather common occurrence in a world without God.
>>
>>70833798

no true scotsman

i used to be a atheist but one thing what i could not do was lie and steal. I tried it a few times but its just not right
>>
>>70839043
Can you empirically verify this?
>>
>>70839043
>Everything in the bible is true.

And there's the major problem with christianity.
>>
>>70833798
This OP is so, so full of shit i don't understand how come he's gotten more than 5 replies, Geez oh man
>>
>>70837536
Nothing stops Christians from sinning. I wish that were not the case.
>>
>OP is a false-flagging atheist playing the role of christfag shitting in his own backyard.
I thought it got a bit too transparent at places, but in the end they bit it, hook, line and sinker. 5/5.
>>
>>70839082
Says who?
>>
>>70837636
Without God, you have no objective basis for morality.
>>
topkek how many fools still replying to this bait. we all know religious people are so dumb they can't even use computers. There are no religious people on the internet
>>
>>70839158
It's funny.
>>
>>70839178
I make it a habit of indulging them in their trolling just to see how far the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>70837915
When someone claims there is no God, you should treat them as a fool, not as an honest person.
>>
>>70839204
>kKK
>>
>>70839204
kkk scene
>>
>>70838150
Yes, to protect the woman.

The bible radically protects women.
>>
File: bait.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>70833798

If you are angry at this you have already lost
>>
>>70838279
God telling people what will happen to them is not God acting upon them.
>>
>>70839274
So when someone pretends to believe in God, you should believe all the other shit that comes out of their mouth?
>>
File: F0ttDLa.jpg (64 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
F0ttDLa.jpg
64 KB, 500x413
>>70833798
Swedes view points on anything other then fluffing...
>>
>>70838796
>God does not give people morals...God defines what morality is...
And the difference is? How does he define them? Where can we find these supreme moral teachings? I hope not the Bible - because that book was written by sandniggers in the desert thousands of years ago, and most morals and ethics in that book we don't adhere to. I mean I can't speak for you, maybe you think fucking donkeys and throwing rocks at people to solve problems is the way to go.
>Without a higher power, if you will, there is no objective basis for morality.
Sure, I agree. There is no higher power and therefore no objective morality. So now what? What do we do? Chaos or do we all get together and agree on what is right and wrong? Good news - we chose the latter in a little even called Human History
>>
>>70838973
>We call it the depravity of man.

I'm not sure it qualifies, inherently, as depraved.

Lying, in certain instances, can be beneficial.

That is to say: lying isn't inherently good or bad and neither is the truth; they are merely statements concerning states of affairs. Their outcome is what measures the quality.
>>
>>70838850
When God says.
>>
>>70838935
But what if i KNOW this person won't accept that?
And if i do say that, they'll just eat it with guilt and not enjoy it.
>>
>>70833798
>Yes, christians lie too, but not as much.
Proof?
You don't have any.
People will be people, and some of them will lie.
At least Atheists don't believe in a lie.
>>
>>70839395
Prove that the bible is the word of god
>>
>>70839442
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING JEW. GET OUT YOU LITERAL SPAWN OF SATAN.
>>
File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>70833798
>>
>>70833798
Christians lie to themselves all the time, for instance, they tell themselves God and Jeebus are real.

What generally happens though is that Christians are willfully ignorant in convenient ways which makes them excellent and prolific liars, since they lie without the guilt associated with lying. They completely fool themselves that they are telling the truth.

This allows them to act as smooth as any sociopath.
>>
>>70835752

god tells you not to rape . if your parents tell you rape is normal then that is where your morals come from.

>Can you be evil and dont know that you are evil?
>>
File: 1452303695826.png (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452303695826.png
51 KB, 1000x1000
>>70833798
Believing in god past a certain point in your own maturity requires you to deceive yourself. Living the lie rather than admitting it and moving forward.
>>
>>70838971
>>70839108
Yeah, time to face the cold hard truth that every culture and society doesn't agree on the same morals. That's the reality we live in. Uh oh, Sven - try not to panic. Prep the bull to keep your mind off the cold truths of the world.
>>
>>70839002
You're making the assumption that I cannot discern between someone who is my brother in Christ, and someone lying to me. While it's not always apparent, it always becomes apparent which is the case. Because the Spirit in me is the same Spirit in my brother, and He knows His own, and we know His voice.

So while you would be correct in your own case, or in someone situated such as yourself, having to take the word of people, I test them and find them to be true or false.

A simple test you can use is to ask someone how they became a Christian. Non-Christians have bizarre answers like "I was born a Christian" or "My mother and father had me baptized as an infant" or "I go to church every Sunday."

So you are correct in your asserting that the children of this world are wiser in their ways, lying, than the children of God, but in being right on that point, you confirm that it is exactly what the bible teaches. The people of this world are wiser in their ways than the children of God.
>>
>>70838688
Jesus be with you !
>>
>>70839084
You're quite welcome.
>>
>>70839148
I suppose so. There's about 750,000 words in the bible, separated into verses, and thoughts, and ideas, and people, places and things, and I suppose that such an endeavor would be fruitful.

I'm not sure you would find it convincing though.
>>
>>70839149
It's actually quite a boon, knowing what is true, and what is not.
>>
>>70839184
Says God, the prophets of God, and the Son of God, and me, a witness to His goodness and grace.
>>
>>70837658
moral realativsm. are you okay buddy?
>>
>>70835166
>Atheists don't believe in God so they must not have morals
nice strawman, OP was talking about the fucking ninth commandment you dweeb
>>
>>70839348
disbelieve. If you find they are lying about something that important, they are likely lying about whatever they're trying to convince you of.
>>
>>70839371
He defines them by Himself. He is Good, and only He is Good; therefore all Good flows from Him, and all things in accordance with His will are Good.

And naturally everything contrary to God, contrary to the will of God, and contrary to the purposes of God, are evil.
>>
>>70839782
MORAL RELATIVISM IS ILLOGICAL AND I EXPLAINED IT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE >>70838971
>>
>>70839390
As God is my standard, and as my enemy is literally named the Father of Lies, it is a rather simple matter to disagree with your opinion. All lies do the work of the devil, not matter how "beneficial" the ends may seem to be.

But truth given in love, and tempered with mercy, is the goal.
>>
>>70839776
Well, I say that god does not exist and that everything I say is true.
You know it's true because I said it and I always speak the truth.
>>
>>70839637
It doesn't surprise me that since you believe in magical omniflatulent beings who hide behind the veil of material reality that you also believe you have magical insight to who is bullshitting you through the power of the friendly ghost.

So assuming you have this fortuitous ability (you don't), why then would you complain when an atheist is honest about their atheism? Is it better for them to lie about being Christian?
>>
If atheists have no moral framework, or are less moral, why do we such a small percentage of the prison population compared to our percentage of the general population?
Christian's are very well represented in the prisons.
>>
>>70839409
Ever seen people starve? Showing a hint of a nicety would result in the person hoarding all the food. It's like running with the bulls. Men will throw someone's grandma at the bull in an effort to escape.

While I do agree with you that polite society allows for a framework of socially acceptable lies (Oh, what a beautiful baby!), I disagree that the ends justify the means.
>>
>>70839452
About 30% of it is prophecy and it tells the story of the earth from creation to the end of time. Only God knows the end from the beginning, and only God can tell the future as though it's the past.
>>
>>70839482
Jesus is God. Really.
>>
>"The average atheist is the person who would see no problem lying to the girl he's flirting with, to his friends when he'd rather stay at home than going out etc."

You fucking serious? Would a moderate christian do this? I find that to be highly false.

My mother's previous husband was a psycho that lied about ANYTHING. I found BDSM on his memory stick once, and told my mother. He confronted him and he denied it to the extremes, and vkamed it in his jobmates.

He also forced my mother to be the stereotypical christian wife, to the point that she wasn't even allowed to talk with other women when he wasn't around (She did this once and he accused her for cheating LOL).

I don't know what is more sinning than to eventually force your own wife to do anal sex and BDSM.

Mohammed, everyone can be rapists and bad people. Dosen't mean that all people of the same group is though. (Thst sounded very SJW I know, but there are good arabs)

This is coming from an atheist which supports the state-church, and means that the Norway should be christian.
>>
>>70839923
May I ask why your book is the right book? And how you know it is. And how you know it was correctly translated. And how you know good old Zeus was actually the real God? And your breaking the moral rules by not making blood sacrifices Sven?
>>
>>70833927
>That's not a proof that lying is innately immoral

For a atheist there is no proof that ANYTHING is innately immoral. Not even raping and murdering babies. (which is why many atheist support abortion, sometimes even after birth)
>>
Europeans really will be much happier when Ishmael teaches y'all to God again.

Islam: 'Make God Great Again'

Enjoy your injection

Atheists should be beaten until they admit in God
>>
>>70839646
And with you.
>>
>>70839193
So you can only be held back from raping and murdering because an imaginary friend told you not to?
>>
>>70833798
I agree OP. I am a manager and I never hire anyone if they do not believe in God because you simply cannot trust them.
>>
>>70839923
Jeez. Calm down boy, you makes christian bad authority
>>
>>70840019
While you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.
>>
File: 1452836422610.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1452836422610.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>70840147
DUDE
WHAT IF GOD IS A TRICK BY THE DEVIL TO MAKE US BELIEVE IN HIM
>>
>>70840207
THATS BESIDE THE POINT YOU FUCKONG KANGAROO. THEISM CAN SUPPORT MORAL ABSOLUTISM, ATHEISM CAN'T. WHATEVER THEISTIC BELIEF IS TRUE IS A QUESTION FOR ANOTHER TIME.
>>
>>70835036
>Muslims are encouraged to lie: Taqqiya.

No sermon ever encurage muslims to lie. Taqqiya in this form is only a shia thing. Taqqiya is not a muslim thing, it's a atheist meme
>>
>>70839923
The fact that 2 electrons can be in the same space at the same time is illogical, doesn't mean It doesn't happen.
Same goes for moral relativism.
>>
>>70840165

no true schotsman but that man would not go to heaven according jesus teachings
>>
>>70839899
>He defines them by Himself. He is Good, and only He is Good; therefore all Good flows from Him, and all things in accordance with His will are Good.
This sounds nice and fluffy, but you haven't actually answered the question. You just circled back to "God is the absolute athority because he is God." Sorry not good enough, not the way thinking works. Try again!
>And naturally everything contrary to God, contrary to the will of God, and contrary to the purposes of God, are evil.
How do we correctly interperet the word of God? How do we decide on the "true" source of his word? The fact that there are a million different sects of Christianity and the fact these sects have squabbled over this issues for centries doesn't really help your point. Uh-oh - looks like we have to go back and try again.
>>
>>70837567
Everything is not permittable just because god exist thats a bold claim to make. Humans create rules and laws that prevents and solve problems. Also go wash your foul mouth and repent you hypocrite.
>>
It seems swedish genetics are already polluted with noble bred refugees.
>>
>>70840284
Ok, you are right.
I am not entitled to my own facts.
The truth is, I asked God, he told me I was right.
>>
>>70840053
>magical omniflatulent beings

That is just awesome.

Interesting question. I would much prefer the atheist to say he does not believe there is a God, because I can work with that. If he lies to me and says he's my brother, and is not, I'm going to have a rather negative view of him that I may not overcome.

Jesus said that He prefers people to be either hot or cold, and not lukewarm. An atheist lying about being a christian would be lukewarm, and therefore be vomit.
>>

When is this "Christians follow all the rules" meme going to die?
>>
>>70835503
There is no atheist source of objective normative statements
>>
>>70840260
CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF THEM. WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM NIGGARUS
>>
>>70840318
According to some esoteric religious texts, God put forth both narratives about himself and Satan and sits back watching the results with much amusement.
>>
>>70840165
What a horrible situation. I hope your mother has recovered since.
>>
>>70840345
Chilla haha
>>
>>70835960
>You don't need religion to understand raping someone will get you in jail.

But atheists think it's nothing wrong with rape if you can avoid jail. If the victim has passed out for example. Or if the identity is hidden.
>>
Guys, what exactly you talk about in this thread?
>>
>>70838971
Absolute right and wrong, good and evil imply an absolute point of view and single goal for the whole universe.

Even if 'the universe' had a goal, who cares?

Good and bad, right and wrong, correct and incorrect imply a goal. Since people have different goals these words mean different things to different people.

For instance eating meat is good for satiating my hunger, but bad for the survival prospects of the animal that was eaten. The animal and I have conflicting ideas about what is good and what is bad.
>>
>>70835503
Because we view things through a subjective lens. Without an absolute moral authority, or just a supreme authority over any particular thing, we can't know what is right, what is wrong, or what is normal in a true sense.
>>
I don't trust Christians or religious people in general, they always act nice because they feel they are being judged but its all a façade, an atheist on the other hand who is nice and does good things doesn't expect to be rewarded or judged, they're just a good person
>>
>>70840345
Why can't atheism support absolute moral values?

Are things right and wrong only because a God commands us to do or not do them?

Is morality merely obedience to divine commands?

I'm not an atheist but neither am I convinced of your reduction of morality to piety.
>>
File: god said fuck you.jpg (77 KB, 479x715) Image search: [Google]
god said fuck you.jpg
77 KB, 479x715
>>70833798
I have no belief in divine reward or punishment and I'm devotedly truthful. I've never lied for a job or for sex. The closest I come to lying is telling jobs.

If you need a threat of punishment or promise of reward in exchange for being a good person, you are not a good person. You are a psychopath on a very short leash.
>>
>>70840394
Everything is not permittable just because god exist thats a bold claim to make. Humans create rules and laws that prevents and solve problems.
DO ALL HUMANS THINK EXACTLY THE SAME? NO? SO ARE THESE RULES AND LAWS THEN ARBITRARY WITH NO LOGICAL BASIS? YES. DOES THAT MEAN THEY HOLD NO REAL AUTHORITY? YES. DOES THAT THEN MEAN THAT ANYTHING IS PERMITTABLE? YES. GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU DANISH PÖLSE THUMPING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>70840244
I'm not sure that I can be held back from raping or murdering people. In fact, as all sin begins in the heart, according to God, it's not a matter of whether I have committed the sin of rape or murder, but how often.

I just don't want to do either.
>>
>>70833798
Also don't forget that Atheists are inherently hedonists. Hedonists only principle is to avoid anything uncomfortable and seek for pleasure at any cost. Thus they are inherently cowards.
An atheist won't risk his life nor die to preserve his hedonist lifestyle. No shit, they'll bend over and suck black cock if that allows them to survive another 5 minutes.
This is why Europe is collapsing.
>>
>>70840318
That would suck.

What if Jesus really is God, and really does love you?
>>
>>70840345
But but Zeus was such a great guy, why arnt you following his demands! And we all know holy books were written by mortals let's not be fuckwits here. So your gods laws are just mortal laws that you decided to worship. Sacrifice in the old days was all about free food for the temples, at least in helenic times, that's why it was demanded by the gods. Also it's biologically harcoded for us not to do certain things, you ever wonder why stealing gives you unease? Because of the retribution you will face socially, the social body makes the rules as much as the law. It's why ppl get reprimanded for doing things that are legal both in scripture and law but society frowns apon it.
>>
>>70840318
holy fuck, RAAARRRE
>>
>>70835353
It's called common cause.
>>
>>70840419
ARE YOU FUCKING REETARD? LOOK IN THE POST. I SAID THEY LIE TOO, BUT NOT AS MUCH. RESTRICTIONS WORK, OTHERWISE THE LEGAL SYSTEM WOOULDN'T.

"HUHUHUHUH WHY HAVE LAWS? THEY DONT WORK LOOOOOOL. PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS MURDER LOL. JUST THROW AWAY THE LEGAL SYSTEM, IT AINT WORKING SON."

fuoiwqeRJIOPEÖRJIOPMEWJOPÖ
wErEWRwerwER
>>
>>70839475
The truth burns doesn't it...? BURN, FUCKER, BURN
>>
>>70840444

thats just foolish if this was true there would be far more suffering
>>
>>70840388
That is the answer though. God is the absolute authority because He is God.

Try not to imagine a scenario where God is really some sort of H.P. Lovecraft monster; it truly is frightening.
>>
>>70840497
>atheists have no moral boundaries
Is this what pol actually believes? No, there is no set code, but as a western atheist, I consider myself a decent person and don't seek to harm those who have done nothing to me. Golden rule and shit.
>>
>>70833798

So both atheists and Christians will lie when they think they can get away with it but Christians think they can never get away with it because God will punish them in the afterlife?

Christians are therefore equally immoral and calculating. Will God not punish those who merely behave in an outwardly righteous way in order to seek reward and avoid punishment in the afterlife? Does God not distinguish between those who are pure of heart and those who merely obey out of self-interest?
>>
>>70833798

Kek what a fag
>>
>>70837636
logically you have no way of knowing if murdering a baby is good or bad moral behaviour without religion. Atheists try to just copy the local religion and "feel", but it's impossible for them to think logically about it. Moral statements make no logical sense for atheists
>>
>>70840425
Objective normative statements are dumb. It's like 'the ether'. The world is better explained without it.
>>
>>70840388
Christianity is just a collection of people who have confessed out loud that Jesus is their Lord, and believe in their hearts God raised Him from the dead.

Every nation, tongue, tribe and people are represented in the body of Christ, and no "religion" contains us.
>>
>>70840527
BECAUSE THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY IN THE ATHEISTIC WORLDVIEW. IS IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? IVE GONE THROUGH IT LIKE 100002+103912+03912+03912 TIMES IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>70840545
Wow Way to strawman my argument, Did muhammed fuck your brains out sven? Rules and laws are based on the pragmatic effect they have on solving a problem in society. Thats the only authority you need is How good is a policy at solving a problem.
>>
>>70840407
That conversation must have been jarring, what with the cognitive dissonance of God telling you He does not exist and all.
>>
>>70833798
Philippians 1:18
18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,
>>
File: 1437317160535.jpg (46 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
1437317160535.jpg
46 KB, 550x404
>>70840512
Why is absolute moral authority necessary? What if subjective relative morality is all we got in this world and we have to live with it? You guys can't seem to confront this concept - all of your arguments revolve around presupposing a supreme moral authority is necessary for whatever reason. To get anywhere with your stance, you need to satisfy the burden of proof and explain why God and his moral absolutes are real.
>>
>>70840726
I am asking you WHY there can't be absolute moral authority without belief in God.
>>
>>70840500
Whether, all other things being equal, you can trust Christians to tell you the truth more often than you can trust atheists to tell you the truth.
>>
File: URANCESTORWASINTHIS.jpg (2 MB, 4992x3328) Image search: [Google]
URANCESTORWASINTHIS.jpg
2 MB, 4992x3328
>>70840622
>The truth burns doesn't it...? BURN, FUCKER, BURN

FUCKING PIC RELATED
>>
Atheists actually have more incentive to tell the truth because they don't care about anything so they're okay with the consequences of telling the truth.
>>
>>70833798
I'm christian and i lie a lot.
Atheists 1
Christians 0
>>
>>70840566
All the stuff that matters deeply to you, gives you pleasure, and it would pain you to see it come to harm. So when the price of pleasure is loss of pleasure and the price to avoid pain is worse pain, a hedonist can still find it in them to, for instance, march off to war to defend their family from the Attack of Titans.
>>
>>70840349
>The fact that 2 electrons can be in the same space at the same time is illogical,

No it is not, you scientifically illiterate fuck

>Same goes for moral relativism.

Moral relativism is illogical, it is contradictory "I like raping and murdering babies therefore it is morally good behaviour while at the same time it is morally bad for you because you don't currently want to rape and murder babies"

Moral relativism is basically no morality at all. If stealing is wrong ONLY when you don't want to steal then it is meaningless. Claiming there are moral truths in there somewhere makes no logical sense.
>>
>>70840662
Neither of the things you mentioned have any evidence of existing.
I would say both impact the world the in same way, but at least people enjoy HP Lovecraft.
>>
>>70840527
Atheism can, and does, take morality from other systems. However, people who do not believe there is a God above them to be held accountable have no objective basis for their morality. They only have what they take, and they only have what they subjectively generate for themselves.

There is a God, a Creator, and not being able to figure that out does not bode well for a person.
>>
>>70840527
Because now more than ever we can see that your average Joe is absolute cattle. Even having all the information and knowledge of past and present times, he's still stupid as fuck and easy to control and predict by any populist faggot. Look at Bernie supporters for example. They are supposed to be the sweet cream of the atheist/non-religious cake, educated progressive open minded young men and women, yet they are bitter as fuck.

Without religion as a moral compass, your average joe who doesn't understand shit, will bend towards an hedonistic lifestyle, seeking meaning for his life in empty promises and doctrines, specially those who make him feel as a "good person".
>>
File: 1390805210786.jpg (14 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
1390805210786.jpg
14 KB, 183x232
IF THE SKY OPENS RIGHT NOW WITH BEAMS OF LIGHT AND A POWERFUL ENTITY FLIES DOWN AND TELLS YOU HE IS GOD

HOW COULD A HUMAN KNOW THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND NOT A POWERFUL ALIEN TRICKING YOU?

HOW CAN YOU TELL APART A BEING WITH 1 TRILLION POWER FROM INFINITY POWER?

WHEN YOU DIE ALL THE ELECTRIC SIGNALS OF YOUR BRAIN WILL BE TRANSFERRED WITH ALIEN WI FI BACK TO THE ALIEN SUPERCOMPUTER

YOU GUYS ARE BEING TRICKED BY ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.