[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donald Trump admitted he can’t win on the second ballot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 25
File: throwing the election.jpg (29 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
throwing the election.jpg
29 KB, 480x319
>there is a startling acknowledgement by Donald Trump's chief strategist, Paul Manafort

>“Just because [Cruz] has won some delegates in a state where we have the delegates voting for us is not relevant until and unless there’s a second ballot," Manafort said. "There’s not going to be a second ballot.”

>Read between the lines only slightly and you are left with the distinct impression that Manafort knows it's the first ballot or bust for Trump. I wrote earlier this week wondering whether it was already too late for Trump to fix his problems on the delegate-selection end of the process. Manafort's quote to O'Keefe suggests it might be. This may be a one-shot deal for Trump

>Such an acknowledgment by Manafort also goes a long way to explaining Trump's clear rhetorical pivot over the past few days, leaning hard into the idea that the system is rigged against him and that "these people" are tricksters trying to subvert the will of the people. It's a backup plan if he comes up short of 1,237 delegates on the first ballot. If so, Trump, it now seems likely, would walk away from the whole process declaring it broken and rigged

>Here's what we know today: Trump is about to have a very good few weeks beginning next Tuesday in New York. He will go into the convention with both the most delegates and the most raw votes. He and his campaign see the first ballot as his one shot to be the nominee. If he doesn't win it on the first ballot, his prospects beyond that are dim. If he doesn't win it on the first ballot, he is laying the groundwork to declare the whole process a fraud

>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/13/donald-trump-knows-he-cant-win-on-the-2nd-ballot-at-the-gop-convention/
>>
drumpf, go back to Germany
>>
>>70832327
>drumpf

current year man please go
>>
I used to be a Trump voter. But after Wisconsin I'm a Cruz missile.
>>
>>70833208

in all seriousness: is the "cruz missile" thing actually a real thing outside of /pol/? do people actually say that?
>>
>>70831458
The problem is that before the first ballot the delegates also vote on the rules and procedures governing the convention.

These "trojan delegates" could stab Trump in the back, and ensure that even though he has the 1237 going into the convention, he won't have them on the first ballot.

For example, one of the ideas that's being floated is the abolition of "winner-take-all" states. This would free up any of the "bound" delegates from winner-take-all states to vote for whomever they wanted. Considering most of theses are Cruz supporters, this would effectively shut Trump down decisively.
>>
>>70833302

how bad would cruz be anyways? I mean worst case scenario, he's still an anti-establishment candidate, right? we're not talking about rubio or jeb here.
>>
>>70833302
all of this sounds so retarded. i mean do republicans really think they'll ever win another election again if they screw trump out of the nomination even though hes the one with most votes?
>>
The fact that Trump stamps his feet like a gigantic crybaby every time he loses is pretty funny. I am surprised that /pol/ is too stupid to see through his act and are totally swept up in his nonsense.

Trump operates only by sustaining a cult of personality. If he doesn't have that, he's less than nobody. People have mostly voted for him because they were attracted to his personality, and the loudness of him and his sycophants hides the numerous extraordinary weaknesses of his campaign (if his children being too dumb to register is not proof enough that his campaign is incredibly disorganized and fueled only by cult-like adoration).

>inb4 kike!!!!
>inb4 shill!!!!
>>
>>70833208
there is no way the polls could have been that far off in Wisconsin, it was so rigged
>>
File: goldman sachs.jpg (235 KB, 1336x904) Image search: [Google]
goldman sachs.jpg
235 KB, 1336x904
>>70833494
>he's still an anti-establishment candidate, right?
No you fuckwit.
Trump V Bernie as the final race, or the rioting begins.
>>
>>70834020
Kike shill.
>>
>>70833294
Yes, they had a plastic missile at one event.
>>
>>70834020
Hello Ted
>>
>>70831458
>read between the lines and
Modern journalism is trash
>>
>>70833853
You have to understand the difference between plurality and majority. In Europe, you can be represented if you have a plurality in parliament, but the US political parties require the majority of the party, 50% + 1, to claim legitimacy in representing the party.

Trump for all his bluster still does not represent a majority of the party, which is why the scramble is for 1237 delegates, which is 50% of the total, plus 1.
>>
>>70833494
>he's still an anti-establishment candidate, right
>we're not talking about rubio or jeb here
He's a Goldman Sachs puppet who worked with the Bush campaign. Now he has Jeb's finance team (not to mention Jeb's brother) working on his campaign. He won all the Colorado delegates, without any voters.

Cruz has convinced millions of idiots that he wouldn't be George W. Bush's 5th term because everyone in Congress hates him. They hate him because he's a fuckin prick, not because he threatens their livelihood.
>>
File: 1458742892038.jpg (189 KB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
1458742892038.jpg
189 KB, 950x650
I agree with Trump. As a Ron Paul delegate I saw first hand the tactics the GOP pulls to have their way. They would send in little stazi spies on mobility scooters to try and see who was voting for whom.
>>
>Washington Post
>>
>>70834089
Who the fuck is Emily and how does she have some much money
>>
>>70834347
If you think Trump is any different, I've got news for you.

The only difference is Trump does it for free
>>
>>70831458
Finally, that fucking bigot is feeling the bern, I'll have you know that ever since I finished my master's in women's studies I've never even one got someone's pronouns wrong, I bet you haven't even got a cock cage you fucking non-specific sexuality enthusiast, I can build my cuckshed in just four hours while you sit on your computer being misogynistic, do you even know how harassed women are on the streets, worse than white men who go to fucking war. In fact what's so big about walking around and shooting a gun when I'm out every day fighting for gender equality. I have prepped over 180 bulls, and I can castrate myself in 50 different ways and that's just with my bare hands. You'll never know the joy of being the spiritual partner as the other guy merely completes the routine task of her sexual satisfaction, never the joy of raising his kids, knowing that you won't bring another racist, sexist white male, but nurture a pore, oppressed african with post-slavery trauma. FUCK YOU, FOREVER
Thank god trump won't be around to legally endorse the rape women experience every day when he grows up.
>>
File: woman's studies.jpg (65 KB, 630x721) Image search: [Google]
woman's studies.jpg
65 KB, 630x721
>>70834475
https://www.emilyslist.org/
It appears to be a superpac centered around electing women, or one woman specifically.
>>
>>70833302
>These "trojan delegates" could stab Trump in the back, and ensure that even though he has the 1237 going into the convention, he won't have them on the first ballot.

Then it is end of the GOP.
GOPe doesn't believe it is so. But it is.
Remember the tea party.
I doubt this time they can stop another bigger and stronger nationalist tune tea party 2.0 when almost 1/3 of your own base and almost 1/5 of Dem combined.
>>
>>70831458
Take note /pol/

This is what putting words in someones mouth looks like.
>>
>>70834020
wetback kike shill
>>
>>70834594
Muhammad was a pedophile goat fucker
>>
Hillary will be president, cruz can't beat her. GOP won the battle with #nevertrump but they forfeited the war.
>>
Is this even legal? can you actually print and distribute this much misinformation?
>>
>>70834020
>Literally stroking your cock at the GOP's attempts to rob voters of their choice

The modern left, pretending their very hardest not to be iron fisted tyrants.
>>
>>70831458
>>“Just because [Cruz] has won some delegates in a state where we have the delegates voting for us is not relevant until and unless there’s a second ballot," Manafort said. "There’s not going to be a second ballot.”
Because Trump will win on the first try

Cruz' memetics are working /pol/ trying to make us crush him harder
>>
>>70834569
We know that Ted Cruz is a Tea Party trojan horse. He's establishment through and through. A Cruz presidency would be another four years of George W. Bush, especially since he worked on the Bush campaign in 1999.

A Trump presidency might also be four years of George W. Bush, but it might not. Trump was talking about bad trade deals in the early '90s, which makes me think he's the real deal.
>>
>>70831458
I'm disappointed that Mr. Trump hasn't spent more money on the campaign. So much to be in it to win it. I would have gladly been a modestly compensated Trump soldier.

The delegate strategy has been shit. It really is first ballot or bust. At first I thought that there is no way Cruz would win on the second ballot, because the establishment doesn't like him either. Now I think the GOP realizes they can't get away with giving it to someone else, and they are more than happy with letting Cruz win the nomination only to lose badly to Ms. Clinton. They are looking ahead to Paul Ryan vs. Hillary Clinton in 2020. They will sure have to learn from their mistakes so they don't get something like this happening again.
>>
>>70834736
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TRIGGERED I AM RIGHT NOW
WHAT THE FUCK DOYOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, RAPING THE RELIGION I JUST JOINED BECAUSE IT PROMOTED FEMINIST IDEALS
THIS IS WORSE THAN WHEN YOU COLONISED THE NATIVE AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY 2% NATIVE DESCENT
YOU FUCKING SHITLORD, HOW MANY BLACK WOMEN DID YOU RAPE TODAY, I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE ON HUFFINGTON POST WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE BROUGHT TOJUSTICE
>>
>>70833294
Don't worry every Cruz missile I've seen misfired.
>>
>>70831458
If he doesn't win I hope he goes independent because I want to see him on the debate stage with Hillary.

Would you stay in America under president Clinton?
>>
>>70834830
>Trump makes mistake
>It's not his fault the system is rigged against him! waaah

The "alt-right," playing the victim-card at every opportunity.

Grow up, faggot.
>>
>>70834811
People don't really understand the difference between the nomination and the election.

The parties have subverted voters during the nomination for a while, but never as openly and aggressively as they have in the 2016 election.

Most Americans didn't even realize how little power they had in the nominations till this year, not just the GOP but the Democrats too, Bernie and Shillary would be having a very close race if it was only up to the American voter.
>>
>>70833494

>goldman sachs

>wife worked in bush administration

>everybody in his campaign was part of the bush administration

lol
>>
>>70835038
The rules were changed last year in response to insurgent candidates being high in the polls. This was planned.
>>
>>70831458
There won't be a second ballot, unless the RNC wants to commit suicide. - and in that case, we form a New Republican Party - 1000x stronger than any third party.

The Republican party wasn't even around when the Constitution was written. if these fuckers think they can monopolize the Presidential election process, they have another thing coming.
>>
File: noose.jpg (123 KB, 651x850) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
123 KB, 651x850
>>70835038
>It's his fault he didn't cheat like everybody else does
There should be an instructable if you don't know how to tie one of these yourself
>>
>Read between the lines
It sounded more like Manafort has a solid plan to win on the first ballot than that Trump is fucked.
But WaPost is the quintessential increasingly nervous man.
>>
>>70835038
>I pretended it's OK to subvert the will of the people again
>These laws are here to protect you from picking the wrong candidate goy, just shut up and go along with it

Guess I'm a #Cruzmissile now
>>
>>70835038
Trump didn't invest a lot in Colorado, because he didn't have good odds. The Republican party elites hate Trump, and they controlled the Colorado convention. Why would you gamble with millions when the odds are stacked against you?

Moreover, this just outs Cruz as the establishment candidate he is, and gives more credibility to Trump. People are now aware that Ted Cruz is embedded in the corruption that is eating away the Republican party.
>>
>>70835091
you mean last year before Trump was even a blip on the polls?

So you're saying in this entire time, the master businessman didn't even try to get his negotiators in there arguing for him?

You are suffering from prime delusion.

>>70835201
I'm sorry I triggered you, autist. Maybe Trump should actually visit states where he wants people to vote for him, instead of stupidly thinking the election is over and he already won.
>>
>>70834915
>I don't know what he stands for but he makes me feel good inside!

ok kiddo
>>
>>70834925
Spend money wisely, not liberally. It's a testament that he's been 1st in the polls and winner of debates without having to spend as much as Ted or Bush.
>>
>>70834594
that would make good pasta
>>
>>70835414
Are you tying it yet? I can provide you a tutorial on noose-making, anon.
>>
>>70835414
You don't actually know what he meant when he said insurgent candidates, did you?

This must be the first year you can legally vote.
>>
>>70835411
>Trump didn't invest a lot in Colorado, because he didn't have good odds.
This assumes that this is what Trump was thinking, which if you go by his reactions after the loss, is extremely suspect.

Why is it so hard for people here to even consider the idea that their idol can actually fuck up? I would have thought his constant 2-week blunder-fest leading up to Wisconsin would have proved that the man has some serious fucking weaknesses he needs to address if he wants to actually win.

But no, saying stuff this mild is heresy to you brainwashed idiots.
>>
>>70835112
>The Republican party wasn't even around when the Constitution was written

Neither the Democratic party either

>mfw I have no face when I remembered that the first legitimate party after the constitution was written was the "Democratic-Republican Party"
>>
Why isn't Trump downtown at the Verizon protests? Does he support multinational corporations raping our middle class? Doesn't he want to make America great again?
>>
>>70835605
>This must be the first year you can legally vote.
If he gets to work tying that noose it'll be his last, too.
>>
>>70834020
This. Trump's campaign is a fucking joke and the definition of incompetence. He deserves to lose just for being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>70833853
There are a lot of hardcore Republicans who buy into the not a real conservative thing and the whole media bias against Trump.
>>
File: johnwaynemaga.png (3 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
johnwaynemaga.png
3 MB, 1500x1000
Friendly reminder that the GOP will rig the NY primary so Trump receives under 50% of the vote.
>>
>>70831458

Good thing the RNC admitted they won't be needing a second ballot.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rnc-member-donald-trump-can-win-with-1100-delegates/article/2588378
>>
>>70835414
Cruz missiles are pretty fucking stupid
>>
#neverrato
#crookedcruz
#cubancuck
>>
>>70835672
When Trump fixes the economy by running it like a business Verizon will have enough money to pay those employees more.
>>
>>70835645
That's the point, WHO GAVE THE PARTIES A MONOPOLY ON PRESIDENTIAL SELECTION?
>>
>That paragraph is an absolute nightmare for the Republican establishment. It leaves Trump as either the party's nominee or the disgruntled loser who is already threatening to take his ball (and all of his supporters) and go home if the rules don't work in his favor. T-R-O-U-B-L-E.
>>
>>70834915
>Trump was talking about bad trade deals in the early '90s, which makes me think he's the real deal.
Yes, and in 2000 he was talking about how much he would like to ban guns.
>>
>>70835619
>This assumes that this is what Trump was thinking, which if you go by his reactions after the loss, is extremely suspect.
Trump is the anti-establishment candidate. People vote for him because the traditional politicians have failed. The fact that the rigged Colorado caucus benefited Cruz only gives him more credibility. It's now obvious that the game is rigged for Cruz, and the politicians don't care what the voters think. Trump gets great publicity in outlining the fact that nobody got to vote in Colorado, and then Ted Cruz won all the delegates. Now people see this, and they realize that Ted Cruz really is just another politician, not a preacher.

Trump didn't spend anything in Colorado, and now he gets to gloat that Ted Cruz is just another establishment shill. They could've given all those delegates to Kasich, since it's rigged anyway, but giving all of them to Cruz just highlights how corrupt he is.
>>
I've gotta admit, I'm starting to respect the GOPe now. They're literally willing to say "fuck off, we never want your votes ever again" to approx. 40% of their own voterbase. Gotta respect that level of suicidal thinking.
>>
>>70835953

They're making $1.8 billion in profit per month. They want to 3900 employees.

That's a half million per employee. Every month. I think they can afford to give a little.

<-- How much did they pay this POS ?
>>
>>70835414
Its not worth it for the pennies bro, just stop shilling and go out and get a real fucking job.
>>
This is a bunch of bullshit. If Trump gets screwed, I'll either write Trump in on the ballot or not vote at all...

These fucking faggots want to turn us into Sweden...
>>
>>70833015
dude, don't be so mean. It is his only argument
>>
File: gervais.jpg (19 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
gervais.jpg
19 KB, 670x503
>>70836217

*pic. And a half million per month for those 3900 to be laid off.
>>
>>70836157
A lot of Congressmen are gerrymandered in. They're basically set up for life. They don't need the votes.

They don't care if Hillary wins in November, because they get to bitch and moan and do nothing. When Hillary tries to appoint a liberal gun-grabber to the Supreme Court, they'll complain but eventually approve. When Hillary tries to invade more countries, they'll happily go along. When Hillary supports BLM or whatever, they'll complain but not do anything. When Hillary tries to offer amnesty to illegals, they'll complain but eventually vote for it.

It's a fucking dream job. You get to complain, but not do shit.
>>
>>70836033
This is still making a lot of leaps in logic and assumptions.

It generously assumes that it was Trump's master plan all along to expose the "corruption" in Colorado, when his reaction clearly shows that he expected a win and didn't get one. That's not a master chess-player, that is someone who was arrogant enough to think he didn't have to work any more for his success (given that this is Trump, this isn't far-fetched).

If anything, I will guess that Trump never expected to get this far in the race, because at this point he still doesn't have the organization to run a primary campaign, let alone a general election campaign. If he really thinks people will come to him based purely on theatrics and personality, instead of actual strategy, everyone here is going to be in for one hell of a rude awakening.

Funnily enough, this is also ignoring that no one called Ted Cruz "establishment" until all the other candidates, except for the non-issue Kasich, were left in the race. People are perfectly capable of using double-standards with candidates they like and dislike.
>>
>>70831458

So are we going to a convention now confirmed?
>>
>>70836559
good shitpost, australia. Yes, we are going to a convention.
>>
>>70836559
>>70836604

why's that? is it now impossible to get 1237?
>>
>>70836459
Yea, this is what I've been thinking. The GOP doesnt even want to win the presidency anymore. They just want to coast along and collect their taxpayer funded paychecks, while playing the victim and calling obama/hillary an evil gungrabbing tyrant.
>>
>Donald Trump admitted he can't win on the second ballot
>Nobody even talks to Donald Trump in the article
Interesting.
>>
>All these increasingly nervous men
>>
>>70836714
They go to a convention no matter what.

It's a contested convention that's up in the air
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 601x508
>>70836459
>>70836808

Fucking faggots
>but its so true
>>
>Manafort: "We'll make sure we won't need a second ballot."
>WP: "HAHA HE JUST SAID THEY'LL LOSE :--DDD RIP DRUMPF XD"

Jesus Christ, millions of dollars and professional PR people and they're still this fucking desperate.
>>
>>70836534
You're assuming Trump is a big dumb emotional crybaby. Scott Adams would like a word with you. Trump is ridiculously cunning. He's extremely adept at managing the media.
>Iowa debate: skipped.
>South Carolina debate: called out the donors in the audience. The booing was so loud, even liberals commented on it.
>Nevada debate: Chris Christie endorsement
>Super Tuesday debate: made a fucking dick joke. Nobody remembered his terrible debate, but they remembered the dick joke.

He had some terrible debates, but he distracted the media every time. It's such a great strategy, Cruz tried it with the Scott Walker endorsement and the Fields vs Lewandowski battery charges after the National Enquirer hitpiece got some coverage.
>>
>>70831458
When will the nominee for each respective party be chosen? And how does process go?

This is the first time I'm really into American politics so I need some explanations.
>>
>>70832327
Go back to Iberia/Siberia
>>
>>70834610

It's PAC that supports women's issues, i.e. abortion rights.
>>
>>70836604

Fuck you cunt we don't have your faggot convention shit here in australia I don't know how you obese burger fuckers do shit
>>
>>70831458
>Read between the lines only slightly and you are left with the distinct impression that

Jesus fucking christ, put this in the editorial section where it belongs.
>>
>>70837161
Rules, rules rules.

GOP
If Trump attains the pledged support of 1237 delegates before the convention in July, he wins the nomination. Period.

If he doesn't get 1237, and nobody else does, it goes to a vote at the convention where all delegates, pledged and otherwise, vote. If nobody get 1237 at that vote, then ALL delegates are released to vote for whoever they want. Votes continue over and over until somebody gets 1237.

DNC
I'm not sure of the exact number, but it's a similar process IIRC. Hillary is leading by a comfortable number because she has "super delegates", which are DNC party insiders who had pledged to support her before all of this. It's rigged even worse than the GOP. She will most likely win.
>>
>>70831458
If Trump isn't running, I'm voting for Hillary.
>>
File: metalhawk is appaled.jpg (45 KB, 240x343) Image search: [Google]
metalhawk is appaled.jpg
45 KB, 240x343
>>70837354
Even worse than I thought
>>
>>70836534
>>70837075
I'll add that Trump could've run as a Democrat, but the Republican primary rules allow for someone to win the nomination with as low as 25-30% of votes, so long as the rest of the votes are split among 5-10 candidates. Trump has 35-40% of the votes, and he'd easily be winning now, if the party establishment would just lie down and take it.

Trump is running as a Republican because they're slightly more in tune with his message, and because the primary rules make it easier for him to win. Even in choosing which party to run for, Trump shows his cunning.
>>
>>70837461
Don't worry, we don't know either.
>>
>>70832327
Build wall spicky ramierez
>>
File: lyin'ted.jpg (249 KB, 750x606) Image search: [Google]
lyin'ted.jpg
249 KB, 750x606
>>
>>70837075
being good at manipulating the media is not the same as being good at managing a campaign though.

Trump may be effective in one but terrible in the other, which has been the case. In fact, he is using the media to compensate for the fact that he has little-to-no strategy or organization when it comes to running a campaign.

What do you think will happen if the media no longer wants to play ball? The entire pillar of Trump's platform crumbles into dust.
>>
>>70832327
>Increasingly nervous mexican
>>
File: 1457925848561.jpg (2 MB, 1415x1910) Image search: [Google]
1457925848561.jpg
2 MB, 1415x1910
>>70832327
BUILD
>>
File: bernthefeel.gif (528 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
bernthefeel.gif
528 KB, 500x378
eat taxes and die in embezzlement bernouts
>>
>>70837903
>What do you think will happen if the media no longer wants to play ball?
Why do you think they can do this? They literally cannot help but cover his campaign, they know their machine is broken and so does he, he's got them caught in a feedback-loop like a mic and speaker.
>>
>>70837903
He shouldn't need "strategy organization". If this process wasn't so utterly fucked, he could have just put his viewpoints out there and let the people decide whether they want him or not. And I think that's what most Americans want, so that's the rhetoric he's sticking with, which will get him votes

What he really needs to do is go out there and say something like "if you truly don't want government intervention telling you what healthcare to use, what information your kids learn, and what kind of people your taxes go to, then why do you want them to choose what politician you vote for without even allowing your input?
>>
>>70835762
Thanks for chiming in, Ahmed. Your opinion on an American election is appreciated.
>>
OK, so what I'm learned from the American election system, it is pretty rigged. However. It sounds pretty stupid that despite you have the most delegates you could still not win nomination. How is that for representing the will of the majority?
>>
>>70834177
Where to find good journalism?
>>
>>70837161

Basically: each state votes for the nominee during the primaries, which are going on right now. Every state has a different voting day on a different day of the year.
Every state ALSO has a different method that it uses to allow for votes.
The most common are an open system, where any person from any party can vote for any candidate of any party, and a closed system which means only registered members of a party can vote for candidates, sometimes independents too.
There's everything in between too.

If a candidate wins ballots in a primary he is awarded "delegates." Delegates are party members chosen by the RNC to act as votes in the convention.
Each state also has its own rules on how these delegates are appropriated and whether or not they even need to vote for the candidate who won their state.

If any select candidate reaches a per-determined majority amount of delegates from the states (1237 for Repubs) he gets the nomination.

If no one does, the delegates vote at the RNC. Different states have different rules on how much freedom delegates have for this vote. Sometimes they force them to vote for a specific candidate, some don't.
If this vote doesn't give any candidate 1237, every delegate gets to vote for whoever they want now.
They keep voting until someone gets 1237.

There's sites that explain things in more detail. Some aspects are confusing still but basically: parties vote for delegates to represent candidates over the course of the primary season. Then at the national convention, if a candidate has over 50% of the delegates (1237 for repubs not sure about dems) the delegates will vote for a nominee.

Either way the nominee is decided upon at the actual convention.

Then the general election of both parties' candidates begin and last until voting day in November.

Typing that out helped me understand this weird process a bit better now.
>>
>>70838770
'Will of the majority' is the mistake in thinking. It is to represent the will of the GOP who are kike puppets.
>>
>>70838787
Infowars and Drudge Report are solid choices, but as with everything take it with a grain of salt and examine things for yourself. Infowars has pretty informative radio that will redpill any cuck and Drudge Report is a tl;dr bulletpoint list of news.
>>
>>70831458
The threat that needs to be put in place is that if Trump doesn't get the nomination, many voters will break from the Republican Party and make it impossible for them to win in November. The only way to avoid that: nominate Trump.

This is how you make deals. We have something the RNC wants (votes in November), and they have something we want (the nomination). We are happy to exchange what they want (our votes) for what we want (a Trump nomination), but if they do not give us what we want (a Trump nomination), we will not give them what they want (our votes).
>>
>>70833853
they're flipping the board
>>
Trump is irrefutably changing this country, regardless of becoming the nominee or president for that matter.

Ideally, he will focus his efforts into funding a massive fascist political party after he feels the corruption that was the 2016 election.
>>
>>70839062
They don't want votes. They don't care. Cruz can burn and they wouldn't care. Republicans are just controlled Democrat/kike puppets.
>>
>>70838933
still just an indirection, GOP should represent their voters will
>>
>>70839062
The Republican party is trying to lose, the biggest fuck you ever to them is to actually vote for Ted Cruz. If Ted wins the general election he will basically shut down the government forcing the people to select democratic supermajorities in Congress. That would be the end game of conservatism in the US. The GOPe is going with Cruz because they know he has a 100% chance of losing to the Democrat.
>>
>>70837584
>>70838816
Damn, your voting system is pretty complicated, espeicially with each state having their own rules.

Thank for taking your time and explaining!
>>
>>70839315
There is no should in politics. There is only power. If the voters want their will represented, they need to bring the power of their numbers to make it happen. That means threatening to abstain from voting in November if we do not get Trump as our candidate. We don't beg. We threaten. And when our demands are not met, we kill. The party, that is. Politics is war by other means.
>>
File: 1458187512132.jpg (194 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1458187512132.jpg
194 KB, 900x900
>>70834020
So, you are supporting the death of freedom? I hope I will meet you in the battlefield while Second Civil War.
>>
>>70834347

kek shills still talking about teds one loan when trump owes every bank on wallstreet.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/01/22/every-bank-wall-street-owns-donald-trump/
>>
>>70839329
In war and politics, the enemy will throw up all kinds of misdirection. This post is a good example of that.
>>
File: 1458075593357.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1458075593357.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>70839594
You ARE shill. Fuck off, El Rato. Don't forget his wife, Heidi Cruz, is an investor manager in Goldman Sachs. BTFO.
>>
>>70833494
>how bad would cruz be anyways?
It's irrelevant. He's not going to be the nominee.

The ONLY reason anyone in the GOPe is even supporting Cruz right now is as a means to stop Trump.

The moment the establishment has a guarantee that Trump won't win the first ballot, they'll stab Cruz in the back and push for Rubio, Ryan, or Romney as the nominee.
>>
>>70839818

shills getting ANGRY when the the truth is posted. Don't forget Melania Trump is an immigrant that barely speaks english, so much for nationalist.
>>
>>70839876
Our response to this needs to be simple and clear. If the R candidate is anyone other than Trump, we will kill the party by not voting R in November.

If X, then Y.

That's the extent of our position. There are no qualifications, clarifications, negotiations, or discussions.
>>
>>70839876
No they won't, they can't stab Cruz in the back. To block Trump they had to give Cruz the actual ability to allow Cruz to win. Both Trump and Cruz have enough delegates and wins to ensure that the rules don't change to allow a third party to come in. Cruz will win if Trump doesn't get to 1237, that is a certainty at this point. Stop pushing this false narrative, it is hurting Trump.
>>
File: 5830546739.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
5830546739.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>70840061
HAHAHAHA, so you know nothing about her. Just fuck off.
>>
>>70840112
>To block Trump they had to give Cruz the actual ability to allow Cruz to win.
Nope... all they need is for Cruz and Kasich to split enough of the remaining delegates to ensure that nobody has enough for a first ballot win.

After which the RNC can essentially nominate whoever the fuck it feels like if they change the rules to allow it.

Like I said - the MOMENT it becomes mathematically impossible for Trump to secure 1237, they'll throw Cruz under the bus. Hell, the upcoming sex scandal even gives the GOPe the perfect out.
>>
The GOPe handed Cruz Colorado so as to not disenfranchise him into partnering with Trump. Thus they are handing him the nomination by any means necessary. This outsider coming in to the convention is 100% bullshit to capitalize on the anti-Trump vote.
>>
>>70836714
>>70836559

I think the Aussie meant a brokered convention.
>>
>>70840393
If they change the rules to block Ted, Ted will take the VP spot behind Trump, and win the nomination.
>>
>>70831458
>There's not going to be a second ballot, it'll be taken care of in the first
>SEE? SEE??? HE JUST SAID THAT TRUMP CAN'T WIN A SECOND BALLOT THIS IS WHY TRUMP HAS LOST TRUMP IS A LOSER WE SHOULD JUST CALL HIM DONALD DRUMPF BECAUSE HE'S A LOSER!!

Gettin' real tired of this luegenpresse.
>>
>>70831458
>Trump's clear rhetorical pivot over the past few days
No, this has been the theme of Trump's campaign for the entirety of his running.
>Manafort knows it's the first ballot or bust for Trump.
Well duh. Trump knows this too, but the GOP knows that Trump NOT winning means that the Republican Party is FINISHED.
It's dead in the water and done, and will be replaced by a third party.

What sort of fucking hacks do they have on the hiring boards at Wapo?
>>
File: CaTrumpLgo400.png (162 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
CaTrumpLgo400.png
162 KB, 400x263
http://cafortrump.com/ This website has a great opening video
>>
>>70833208
>shill detected
Once you go Trump, you never go back.
>>
File: 1291345523218.jpg (80 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
1291345523218.jpg
80 KB, 348x348
>>70831458
>leaning hard into the idea that the system is rigged against him and that "these people" are tricksters trying to subvert the will of the people

Well Rance Penis was kinda absolutely willing to rig the voting.
>>
File: 1360344885828.jpg (91 KB, 475x330) Image search: [Google]
1360344885828.jpg
91 KB, 475x330
>>70832327
>mexican intellectuals
>>
>>70834974
pls be in London ;_;
>>
File: 1458400733986.jpg (92 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
1458400733986.jpg
92 KB, 419x640
>>70833015
that's not current year man, it's his wife's son
>>
>>70835038
HAHAHAHHA, look at that shill and laugh everybody. how´s it to get your ass fucked by corruption and spreading your little asshole even wider? tell me atleast you aren´t doing it for free
>>
>>70835411
>>70835619
I could actually see that Colorado was a win-win for Trump. Get the delegates? Great. But by getting locked out, he has a new talking point to present to his voter base and can brand Ted Cruz who wants to pretend he's not the establishment is it now. Expect Trump to rail against the primary selection process from now on to keep his outsider status since now he's actually talking about threats to the democratic process. It's just like the Free Trade issue where it will resonate.
>>
>>70836033
The fact that so few legislators outside of the tea baggers have given their support to Cruz makes me think the party is only using him as a patsy to just deny Trump the nomination. Come the 2nd ballot, they'll maneuver things so Kasech gets the nomination or some other random Republican. Since Cruz is equally toxic to the Republican brand due to him being behind the government shut down.
>>
>>70841749
Literally alcubierre drive. But for the most part you're right
>>
>>70843219
No, you need to win 8 states to be eligible for the nomination, Cruz is not going ro allow that rule to change since he has the wins. If the GOP try to out maneuver Ted, he will just cut a deal with Trump. There is no outsider coming in, the nominee will be either Cruz or Trump.
>>
>>70842708
trump sold himself as knowing how things are corrupt & that's how he'll know what to fix. he said it explicitly in a debate re:"waste, fraud & abuse". it would appear the he doesn't really care too hard about corruption either.
>>
File: menandwomen.png (206 KB, 654x855) Image search: [Google]
menandwomen.png
206 KB, 654x855
daily reminder

think about how different things would be if the rot had never set in back in the 60's
>>
>>70843634
He doesn't have the power to change things until he is President.

Also, one of Ted Cruz's policies is to restrict the sales of dildos. Do you think that will give him an edge in the general election?
>>
>>70831458
538 already did a write-up on this a month ago. If Trump is a single delegate short he'll lose everything. My bet is this new "I'm the victim" offensive is to set himself up to run as an independent (or at least credibility threaten that he will). It's also pretty clear that it's already backfiring. CA will push his shit in and then the party will finish him off.
>>
>Gop, establishment have to rig everything to ensure Trump doesn't win

>lol Trump such a loser! Whole establishment against him and he would have won if we didn't change rules and commit fraud at the polls, but he's a loser for not cheating and committing fraud! Its just the game, should've been born without morals lol!
>>
Organise a mass protest outside Cleveland like Tahrir Square or he gets robbed. Those are your only two options /pol/.
>>
WON'T WIN
CAN'T WIN
>>
>>70838787

pol/
>>
>>70834942
lol you're legitimately mad
>>
>>70843911
Cruz wants to abolish the IRS, practically all small business owners are committing fraud on some level in their recordkeeping. This is a big deal and shows just how corrupt the fundamental religious people like Mormons are. Restructure it maybe, but completely do away with it?

He might as well have said "I'm going to get rid of all internal affair departments!"
>>
File: 1445986405751.gif (509 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1445986405751.gif
509 KB, 310x310
>>70843071
>yfw you realize the Cruz and GOP shills think they're playing Trump for a fool by conning and cheating every chance they can, but Trump's letting them get away with it because he's already 10 moves ahead
THE
ABSOLUTE
MADMAN
>>
>>70835201
trump literally advertised himself for his ability to cheat. he said he knows how the system is corrupt & that's how voters will know he knows what to fix. so it really is his fucking fault.
>>
>>70844680
Cruz will not get rid of the IRS, that is just BS he is spouting off. His VAT tax would require an even larger agency than the IRS. While this is Okay with a Republican in office, if a Democrat were to ever get in, a VAT tax would be utterly horrifying.
>>
>>70833208
Same
>>
>>70844842
If Trump cheated, the party would disqualify him, he has to run an honest campaign, he has no choice.
>>
Holy shit why do people care so much

Please sage this thread
>>
>>70840393
The establishment wants Jeb/Kasich or Rubio/Kasich. This is their dream ticket. They will lose to Hillary either way but they don't mind.
>>
>>70843641
What the fuck is wrong with women in Minnesota? It goes blue every year because of them.
>>
File: 1460225876858.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1460225876858.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>yfw after all the bluster and dick waving, Drumpfkins shitty leader can't even win a party election
>>
>>70837340

>Siberia

Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>70832327
Go back to Spain rape baby
>>
File: race.png (567 KB, 1488x855) Image search: [Google]
race.png
567 KB, 1488x855
>>70845263
you also have to take into account that without 50 years of women voting there would be a lot less beta nu-males so the "men only" side would be even more red.

giving women the vote is a Fifth Column
>>
>>70845263

We have lots and lots of Svens. Our blood is almost entirely scandinavian.
>>
>>70845758
>>70845838
Sad. No wonder there's so many Somalians there.
>>
>>70845758
You got the sources for this graphic? this could be great discussion later on
>>
>>70834830
Playing the victim card like every Trumptard. "It's everyone else's fault I'm not a winner!" Listen to yourself and realize you are the cucks of this cycle

Every candidate had the same opportunity, was given the same information, and had time to work for the same outcome. Cruz's only strategy was to print out fliers of his slate and hand them out to supporters. Trump's slate was so incompetent they misprinted the fliers and didn't even get them to Trump supporters.

If Trump can't run a slate, he can't run a county.
>>
>>70834347
He's a snake of the highest order. His religion deal is a sham, most other senators or people who knew him in college didn't know what his religion was. The rat cares only for power and will hold any position he thinks will help him attain it.
>>
>>70845838

Yup, many have made that connection in the past. Very odd.
>>
>>70846532

Meant for

>>70845903
>>
File: race.png (569 KB, 1430x820) Image search: [Google]
race.png
569 KB, 1430x820
>>70845970
yes. here is an updated picture with the results for the Non-Whites fixed. save this version instead

replace "bl0gspot" with "blogspot"

http://anepigone.bl0gspot.co.uk/2012/11/2012-electoral-maps-by-sex-race-and_12.html
>>
File: obama.jpg (337 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
337 KB, 2000x1000
>>70831458

wait a sec

are you tryin to cheat me again?
>>
>>70834020
Tump whined about the 28 pages redacted 9/11 papers, he whined about Ted not voting to audit the fed, and about saidis ignoring refugees on twitter. Yeah, so far at least 1/4 of everything he's bitched about on twitter are important issues that no one besides Trump has brought up. But, oh yeah, it's whining if yoy're not Rato.

Can you give us any actual reasons why you're against him?
>>
>>70834020

I think you're imagining things.

You should always take your autism pills before posting on the internet.
>>
>>70831458

DISRUPTING

THE

BOARD
>>
>>70831458

Stop panicking. A decisive win for Trump in New York (almost certain to happen because Cruz is hated there) will put Trump back on course to securing the nomination.

And, let's just say that the rat somehow manages to beat Trump, well, I'd hope Trump runs as an independent just so he can get revenge and stop the rat from even coming close to the White House.

Sure, would almost certainly lead to a Shillary presidency but the GOP would have no one to blame but themselves for trying to screw over Trump and his millions of supporters.
>>
>>70844842
Buying votes is the same as honest deals? Sounds like bullshit.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.