[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nationalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1280px-Flags_map_2012[1].png (340 KB, 1280x635) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flags_map_2012[1].png
340 KB, 1280x635
give me at least one reason why would be anybody proud for his nationality.

nation is just in between which borders you were born. but being proud in a way WE WUZ [something retarded] is not legitimate. those things are history. nationalism is an old thought, we should, as a mankind, leave it dead. what do you think?
>>
I think it's respectful to honor you ancestors, some of them have died for the thought of me living in peace one day. I don't think there is anything wrong with being thankful for that.
>>
>>70828637
Do you love your parents
>>
You are a product of your environment, you are you because society shaped you to be you and the society you live in was shaped by the previous generation ad infinum. If you live in a good society you should be proud of it because you don't shit in the streets or kill and eat Albinos as a form of medicinal treatment.
>>
>>70828637
Widespread Nationalism brings unity to a country, a sense of belonging.

When it comes to social policies ideas are rarely "bad" or "good". Each has its pros and cons, it is up to the populace and their leaaders to decide if they want to live with them.
>>
>>70828829
legit, but kinda fucked up, they died, yet theres no peace in the world now. i dont mean to be disgraceful, but their death was in vain then
>>70829074
thats really kantish, i see, but i dont really feel connected with the society i live in. if i should be proud for something that is normal (eg: drinking water and clean toilets in 1st world country), then hindus can be proud for poo in the loo. we suddenly got 2 countries being proud literally for their shit and arguing on a world spred imageboard who is better. is this the world we want to live in
>>70829114
so youre exchanging part of your identity with the state in order to participate on democracy. thats reasonable and calm
but lets say im talking about this
>>
>>70828637
Nationalism is just extended tribalism, which is the most natural state for any group of people. It's the same reason why even multicultural cities like NY have different districts for different cultures. Nationalism is about acknowledging and acceptng this truth.
>>
>>70830088
forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0uRH_rqdg
>>
>>70828637

its for people who want to be cells, rather then humans

for them, their only purpose is to work together with other cells to form a functioning body, called the state which holds its own level of autonomity, and does not listen to what the cells want.
removing cells and gaining new ones is natural
>>
> if i should be proud for something that is normal (eg: drinking water and clean toilets in 1st world country)

You should be proud that it IS normal. Nobody is proud that they shit in the streets but if they are then you should be proud that you don't because you are objectively superior and live in an objectively superior society, the world isn't equal or homogeneous.
>>
>>70830816
but its not normal because of me personally, so i still see no reason for being proud
>>
Nationalism extends your sense of family to your fellow countrymen.

In the same way that you're proud of your biological brother or sister achieving something, you feel the same way when someone of your nation achieves something for the betterment of the nation.

This is because there's more to a nation than "in between which borders you were born" as you put it.
Nations didn't just appear out of nowhere, they were forged over hundreds if not thousands of years as small warring tribes fought for power, united, and became what we know as nations today. This creates a relationship between people of that nation, even if they don't recognise it.

A significant amount of nations would not exist, their culture would be suppressed or non existent if people did not fight to retain it (see poland under nazis etc). Nationalism is what preserves cultures and cultural practices as more than just museum pieces / history. If there was no sense of native American nationalism, and they fully succumbed to the will of the Americans and assimilated, their culture would only exist in history books.

This is what makes nationalism important in contrast to globalism, as globalism threatens hundreds of years of culture which our ancestors fought to preserve.
>>
>>70828637
A nation is not its borders, retard. A nation is its people. Borders are merely the limit where that people can legislate.
Being nationalist means loving your people, not the patch of land you were born on.
>>
>>70828637
It has nothing to do with borders you faggot.
It's culture, it's language, it's society, it's genetics.
Why do you think meme borders like those in Yugoslavia completely fail?
>>
>>70828637

Pride should be something that you've obtained; not taking credit for other people's accomplishments.

I believe as a whole society we have to move away from our differences and focus on our similarities.
>>
>>70831029

>but its not normal because of me personally

Yes, it is. If you started shitting in the street tomorrow you would be making your society worse. You are a part of your society whether you like it or not, you are a microscopic gear that is part of a much bigger system that ultimately has the choice of whether or not it wants to help the machine continue to operate as normal or not.

It is ultimately normal because you and the other millions of tiny gears that make up the machine of your society all spin in the same direction.
>>
>>70831468
>taking credit for other people's accomplishments
biggest meme surrounding nationalism

The idea is you're proud of your nation because it has produced the people that make these accomplishments.
You have contributed to this nation as have your ancestors before you, you have helped make your nation great and therefore helped it produce great people.

This of course only applies to people who do contribute to their nation, it's hard to call yourself a nationalist if you're a NEET virgin who is dependent on society and who allows his genes to die with him.
>>
>>70831066
this
>>
>>70828637
Because every American is my brother and sister. Despite the fact that I hate our government I love my country. I thought you fucking Slavs understood this concept out of all the people in Europe.
>>
>>70828637
>nation is just in between which borders you were born. but being proud in a way WE WUZ [something retarded] is not legitimate
They are the by-product of a given culture plus the era it's set in. Why would I not be proud of my culture, which spawned explorers, conquerors, the strongest infantry in the world, and advanced medicine in a myriad of ways?

Why would I not seek to protect this culture? Why not protect and favour likeminded fellows I am genetically closer to? Do you not favour your mother over a stranger? Then why not favour your countrymen over a fucking nigger?
>>
>>70830517
I'm not familiar with Britain First, their policies or history. But speaking as a British citizen we place a great importance on peace and allowing others to live how they want to.

Now normally I woild say, it is immoral to protest the building of a religious center. Freedom of religion I believe is important.

There is one caveat however; allowing freedom of religion should always be the case except when that religion does not teach "live and let live ethics".

This is the exception that Muslims fall into, every other religion on earth will promote peace with your neighbours. However the prevailing notion in islam seems to be convert aggressively and those that resist are your enemy.

It may be important to note that I have never seen a nationalistic group protest the building of a Gurdwara, or a Synagogue. Because Sikhs and Jews also promote amongst their members a live and let live ethos.

I think that this is important to the discussion since it provides a commentary that this nationalistic group promotes its values, and protests against those who do not hold them.

Note that this viewpoint sounds similar to the exception I mentioned earlier in which I derided "aggressive recruitment", the difference being that it is expected that immigrants assimilate into the country not try to convert it.

No-one forced those immigrants to come to Britain, they voluntarily made the choice to emigrate here. As such they should not expect to turn it into their homeland.
>>
>>70831066
well written
and im pleased you truned to globalism VS nationalism. considering, that these two thougts are in conflict at this very moment, how can you know what is better. globalism also didnt just appear out of nowhere. its been caused by spreading capital from 1st world countries to the rest of the shitholes. if you sell coca-cola in africa, which is one of the pillars of western culture, your culture (your ancestors) is the cause of globalism
>>
File: 1446454323157.jpg (45 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
1446454323157.jpg
45 KB, 570x487
>>70831066
>>
>>70828637
What I am proud of are western liberal values. I would be as proud of those had I been born a Frenchman, an American or even, god forbid, a German.

Weirdly watching red pilled groups all over Europe resist Islam and resist the EU has made me feel European in a way that no amount of EU propaganda ever has.
>>
>>70832432
thanks for your contribution to the thread. kind of enlightening. what is your prognosis on immigrants assimilating in your country?
>>
Because Canada has the nicest lands (for me). The brisk wind, mountains, cold winters, coasts, good for growing any type of plant you want, especially the dank. And the locals not foreign cucks are really nice in the winter. And most of the natives and whites get along till some sleezefuck metis bring up the government then they blame all whites again and ask for cheques.
>>
You grow up in your culture, you're shaped by your culture.
You share a cultural and historic bond with people who preceded you and who all contributed to what your nation is today.
Blind nationalism is bad, but having some sense of patriotism is simply useful. People are stronger in groups.
>>
>>70833011
ive been thinking about moving to canada later in my life. you guys are chill and i heard about the 420lmao too
>>
>someone from shit country with no history to be proud of is advocating against nationalism

well colour me surprised mate. Just like commies and nig nogs sayings gibs me dat or nu-males saying masculinity is bad
>>
File: rene_descartes[1].jpg (142 KB, 817x1000) Image search: [Google]
rene_descartes[1].jpg
142 KB, 817x1000
to be honest, i didnt expect so many replies with society this and society that. i guess i thought, that this board is more like tfw
>>
>>70828637
For my descendants and in honor of my ancestors. This is how society advances.

Pride is group cohesion.
>>
>>70832456
I wouldn't argue that globalism is a product of Western culture, but a mutation of it. One which has developed as a result of the rise of marxism and progressivism. This is a clear and intentional defiance of traditional western culture

The whole idea of western culture is one which progressives are trying to undermine, through mass immigration and subsequent forced tolerance of foreign cultures once they arrive. This immigration has no end in sight and if trends continue Western culture will no longer be dominant in western countries.
>>
>>70831468
>Pride should be something that you've obtained; not taking credit for other people's accomplishments.
That's what joos want you to believe, to stay apathetic while they destroy everything and replace your kind with sybhumans. Good goyim should be an individualist and support Israel state.
>>
>>70828637

Can't think of anything post WW2 to be proud of.
>>
>>70833464
now youve done it. now im questioning my own worldview
>>
>>70834041
we, as a mankind, are responsible for all of our problems. makes you feel useless, suicidal
>>
>>70832918
That would depend on the demographic and rate at which they enter.

The less that are allowed in the more likely they are to assimilate. As it is easier to have an insular community when there are more of you.

I've found that people who come from former British colonies like India find it easier to assimilate as they saw the benefit that British rule (in terms of infrastructure) brought to their country.

Those who come from other places can assimilate easily too if it westernised.

Hopefully we can reduce the numbers of immigrants coming in so we can preserve British culture.

>>70833378
You posed a topic, pointed out what was considered a flaw and asked for our opinions. This is what the board should be.

Namely people discussing ideas.

You can find them on here, occasionally. You just have to avoid all the bullshit <x BTFO> , <INSERT MEME> etc threads.
>>
>>70833650

Can't think of anything post 1708 to be proud of.
>>
>>70834175
It shouldn't do though, you have the means to affect change if you want and you bear no responsibility since you are just one person.

That in itself is liberating.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.