[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans literally have to measure everything in feet >they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1460164011506.jpg (11 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
1460164011506.jpg
11 KB, 450x320
>Americans literally have to measure everything in feet
>they sent men to the moon to figure out how many feet it was away
TOP KEK

Should Americans be forced to conform and adopt Metric? Metric is much more convenient.

Between 1970 and 1988, imperial units were withdrawn from general legal use and replaced with SI metric units, facilitated through legislation and government agencies. Australia has never looked back, and we've enjoyed peace and prosperity because of this.
>>
File: 1460225444468.jpg (126 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1460225444468.jpg
126 KB, 444x460
>>70826073
I'm sorry your nutrient addled, semen starved European brain cannot comprehend a different method of measurement, one your own country developed. I'm sorry years of inbreeding have left you barely able to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. Time for you to sit down while America claims the entire globe as our empire.
>>
>>70826073
did you know the imperial system of measurements is actually thought to be part of hermetics and alchemy. People at one time thought there was a right way and a wrong way to measure distance and time, based on perspective and reason.
>>
>>70826073
fucking atleast pretend to be somewhat english you muther fucking traiter.
>>
STEM burgers already live in metric.

Bilingual god tier.
>>
Even though the metric system is far superior, I don't see the point of fucking bitching about the fact that some other country uses a different one.
>>
>>70826073
Oh look, another ignorant foreigner.

How quant.

The US adopted metric in the seventies. It's on all of our products, taught in schools, and is used by government agencies.

However, feet are better than meters. A meter is an abstract unit, defined by some faggy Frenchman. The foot is the length of the average man's foot.

Much more useful in day to day use than some frogs imaginary unit.
>>
>>70826073

forced by whom? we run the world

there's your answer, in several forms
>>
File: 1459474024288.jpg (17 KB, 216x209) Image search: [Google]
1459474024288.jpg
17 KB, 216x209
>be american
>have to wear shoes that constrict my feet and ensure they stay exactly a foot long
>if not I won't be able to measure anything correctly
>>
>>70826073
>Austraila thinks it can force anyone to do anything

You fucks would have a hard time even pushing New Zealand around.
>>
>>70826073
I'm American and I totally support us switching to metric. We have a base 10 counting system, why wouldn't we have a (mostly) 10 based measurement system?
>>
>>70828865
We should use a base 12 or even a base 16 counting system. We're stuck with shifty base 10 because ancients used their fingers to count.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 663x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 663x740
A formula is a formula just have your background be conversions and type it into mathCad. Fucking lazy ass metric morons. It's impossible to slip a zero and it's obvious where your equation went wrong if you have numbers like 36, 1728.
>>
>>70828865
You can supportit all you want, such efforts will fail the next time just like they failed the last time. People know imperial and they don't want to switch. In science and academics, people use metric. Americans know both, so there is no problem.

>>70829105
Americans still use their fingers to count.
>>
>>70826073
>flag
>>
>>70827123
>semen starved European brain
As opposed to
>drunk on semen American brain
?
>>
>>70826073
>Units in base-10
>Not superior base-12
Lol metricfags should an hero
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.