[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What jobs could I get with a Bachelors Degree in English?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 338x435) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 338x435
What jobs could I get with a Bachelors Degree in English?
>>
>>70803485
A masters in getting my wife raped by African men
>>
none

trust me
>>
good luck!
>>
You can become an anti-liberal writer
>>
>>70803485
>my cousin majored in English
>"Anon, what are you majoring in?"
>physics and chemistry
>"Good."
>>
None.
The only people that can get a job with a humanities degree are minorities and women.
If you pretend to be Jewish, you might get a job.
>>
>>70803485
Englishman
>>
>>70803604
Actually, this. There is a market for conservative writers, and most English majors aren't rushing to fill the few slots in it.
>>
>>70803485
If you are a white guy in South Africa you cant get a job anyway, thats racist.
>>
>>70803485

Street heckler in an anglo country.
>>
Be a book writer and live by making your own profit.

Or

Get a masters degree that can help you earn a real job

Or

Be a professor
>>
starbucks is always hiring
>>
File: 1450219084618.jpg (80 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1450219084618.jpg
80 KB, 600x726
english teacher in nippon
>>
I worked as a copywriter, then a lobbyist. Right now I'm in my second year of law school.

Tbqh English is worthless for the overwhelming majority of people who take it, because it's easy to fuck around (I had class three days a week, and typically only two assignments per semester). That said, if you are willing to put in the work and develop your writing/critical thinking skills, while also getting substantive internships over your summers, English is a god-tier major.
>>
>>70803685

This is true - I'm liberal but conservative groups were chomping at the bit to hire me. Conservatives are rare in the arts community and their writing skills are usually poor. I don't think I've ever actually worked for a liberal group.
>>
>>70803666
Tipity topity Kek
>>
>>70803485
Partner it up with a language and teach english abroad.

Become a Diplomat

Join the Military

Become a writer

Become a Journalist Editor

Become a Teacher
>>
>>70803485
fry cook. wait, are you black?
>>
>>70803485
Technical writing is a decent job, pays well but the work is pretty boring
>>
>>70804382
I'm white.
>>
A friend of mine has an English degree and she's a waitress. She's 40 grand in debt from student loans and her plan is to get more loans and go to grad school lel
>>
>>70803485

English teacher
Fry cook
Grad student
>>
>>70803485
>south African """english"""
>>
File: farage_3.jpg (33 KB, 624x609) Image search: [Google]
farage_3.jpg
33 KB, 624x609
>majored in your native language
>>
>>70803485
Make my coffee, the name's Anon-kun
>>
The same entry level jobs you could get without the degree. Instead of a degree, just demonstrate the ability to learn on the job.
>>
English teacher
>>
>>70807609
>The same entry level jobs you could get without the degree

I'm trying to find work now. Why is it that every fucking job I look at requires a bachelors degree?
>>
>>70803485
I bet you could go to Japan and teach english there.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.