[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which provides better motivation for the advancement of society,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 106551504-300x300.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
106551504-300x300.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Which provides better motivation for the advancement of society, cooperation or competition?
>>
both
>>
Ethno-Nationalism.
>>
>>70787386
Competition. As nice as it would be for everyone to hold hands, it's too strong a motivator for people to want to be better than other people.
>>
>>70787386
competitive cooperation
>>
>>70787386
Both are necessary.
>>
>>70787386
Competition. Just look at all of the technological advances made During the World Wars. Or hell, even just the cold war.
>>
>>70787531
>>70787491
>>70787420
BETTER
>>
>>70787558
Or during the age of exploration.
>>
>Cooperation
>The Soviet Union

>Competition
>The United States

Last time I checked, the land between Mexico and Canada isn't called the former United States.
>>
>>70787694
>USSR
>Cooperation
lol no, it was either give your shit up to the government or get shot.
>>
economist here

competition is best under certain restricting circumstances, literally called "perfect" competition

monopolies are bad. when one of the competitive agencies "wins" over the other, they can push their opponent out of the market, and then make it impossible for a new competitor to join....

basically, you can't let any one company or whatever get too much power.

specifics and counterexamples and "what-ifs" can change this. i'm not denying that millions of counterexamples exist. (government/public goods?)

but in the general theory, that's about it

it's mathematically provable that a competitive society is the best. it's called the first theorem of welfare economics, or the invisible hand.
>>
>>70787880

ps. any counterexamples brought up will violate the assumption of a "perfect" market.

in a "perfect" market, competitive is mathematically objectively best for overall welfare.

and no, a hypothetically "perfect" market doesn't actually exist.
>>
Neither.
It's Fear.
>>
>>70787880
while a competitive society is perhaps the most economically and technologically wealthy, you, like all econfags, fail to account for the absolute moral bankruptcy of pure competition, not to mention the sheer irrationality and irresponsibility of most people
>>
Dat Hitler quote...
non-faggots know which one.
>>
>>70787386
Competition.

Look at Japan/China

Look at England/USA
>>
>>70787787
>cooperate or get shot
Which is the most incentivized form of cooperation
>>
>>70788143
Monopolies don't exist in the free market. The only monopoly is the government and the monopolies it creates (through patents and other infringements on free speech).
>>
>>70788875
Cooperation generally implies mutual consent from both parties without the threat of force.
>>
>>70788942
corporations make the government create monopolies because being monopolized makes them rich
>>
>>70787386
lol...I used that pic in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsMo8_5QQz0&nohtml5=False
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.