[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just wanted to get /pol/'s views on Nietzsche, just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
Just wanted to get /pol/'s views on Nietzsche, just finished up a paper on his master-slave morality and virtue signalling and I really enjoyed his Genealogy of Morality. Particularly enjoyed his idea of the noble "blonde beasts" who once roamed the world.
>>
i think nietzsche is greatly over rated and his concept of uber mensch is fundamentally flawed in that it implies a lot of stupid shit easily refuted by stirner. his criticism of Kierkegaard is also unfounded, plus he rejects nationalism.

i suggest going to /his/, they often have better discussion arround issues that require reading books.
>>
>>70787262
Pretty good philosopher. He encompasses both the futility of life and the aspirations and struggles of perfecting the Ubermensch.
>>
>>70787262
Called the future of western civilization pretty much on the nose.

Was also the greatest linguist. His philosophy is more poetry than a diatribe of the truth.
>>
>>70787951
By this I mean ultimate truth, not that his writings were not truthful.
>>
>>70787813
He had no criticism of kierkegaard. Kierkegaard was largely unknown outside denmark at the time.

His criticism of nationalism is basically a call for pan-European nationalism, not ethnic nationalism. He often refers to himself as a man of europe in his works.
>>
Literally meme tier plilosopher.
Nihilism is just shitty existentialism
>>
>>70787951
I agree fully on the poetry part, and by that you never really know what that crazy fucker was really trying to say.
>>
>>70788107

Yeah. It requires reading between the lines.He rose a lot of great ideas in my mind even though I don't really read philosophy anymore.

Zarathustra is his greatest work for this reason, no constraints and a goldmine of good thoughts about life that are open to interpretation.
>>
>>70788016
This. He loved Poland.
>>
>>70788311
I think his love of poland was more countersignaling against germans.
>>
>>70788016
He was one of the only ones to refute Storner, and he did it poorly. His name was never directed mentioned in thus spoke z, but mr N. predicted kierkegaard's arguments, reread prologue 5 to see what i mean.
what most concerns me however is the idea of an unified europe, which is extremely ridiculous. how do you expect all those people to speak a single language when europe is the richest of the richest in terms of culture, history, yadadada. are we just going to force english, maybe german, down everybody's throat and pretend killing languages like french, italian, spanish, greek, etc, is not a big deal?
what about the military? ever heard of austria hungary?
>>
>>70788087
>Nietzsche
>nihilism

Why comment when you don't have a clue?
>>
>>70787262
Meme philosophy, almost incoherent

if you want a REAL meme philosophy, read Evola, his memes are way better
>>
>>70787262
He considered himself an ethnic Pole and disliked the German people.
>>
>>70787813
I would go to /his/ but I'd prefer /pol/'s opinion on him, seems pretty red pilled on most things, but a little bat shit nuts on other things.

>>70787951
Yeah, I went down the social media route in my paper stating that the fags on tumblr and fb ect posit themselves as moral paragons without actually doing anything whereas the men of nobility looked to action. Then also likened the behaviour of SJWs to the herd mentality.

>>70788087
Yeah its a shame really that people jump to this conclusion but he's actually against nihilism. Other than this immediate link he's actually got a lot of depth to him his ideas about the rebirth of German culture are interesting but edgelords ruin him
>god is dead

>>70788107
Yeah I love his aphorisms, I'm biased though I think philosophy is best done through literature and poetry ect

>>70788569
>almost incoherent
He is a man of extremes, you either get what he is talking about or he sounds bat shit crazy.
>>
>>70788546
I'm not familiar with stirner's work and his critique, do you want to give the basic argument?

Paneuropeanism doesn't imply a united europe. I don't think that was even his political goal. It's just acknowledging that there is little fundamental difference between a frenchman and a german man. They more alike than not.
>>
>>70789125
He was an anarchist and far closer to nihilism than Nietzsche ever was. I don't mean to imply he was one but his works implied that being neither or is the true state of man.
>>
>>70788882
Western man is also the last man and the antithesis of the ubermensch. For all our technological progress, we are some of the most spiritually bankrupt group of people to have existed to date.
>>
It would be more correct to state that Nietzsche predicted nihilism than that he was a nihilist.
>>
File: 1460247003184.jpg (125 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1460247003184.jpg
125 KB, 1224x1445
>>70788087
>Neitzsche
>advocate of nihilism
>>
orgyofthewill.net
>>
>>70790414
Absolutely, I'm working on a series of papers for my MA and I finished one recently on Heidegger and his "Question of Technology". His notion of enframing is incredibly interesting and has interesting ramifications for modern man if taken to its conclusion.
>>
>>70790585
What is this?
>>
>>70790857
Probably some Japanese Cartoon sex website.
>>
>>70790857
I opened it and it looked like Nietzsche's style, quick google search yielded this.

>Orgy of the Will is the upcoming philosophical book by Alex Kierkegaard.
>The book is supposed to "draw the ultimate conclusions of philosophy"
>It is the continuation of the work of Nietzsche and Baudrillard.
>>
File: FyodorPushkin.jpg (272 KB, 679x923) Image search: [Google]
FyodorPushkin.jpg
272 KB, 679x923
There would seem to be only one question for philosophy to resolve: what must I do? Despite being combined with an enormous amount of unnecessary confusion, answers to the question have at any rate been given within the philosophical tradition of the Christian nations. For example, in Kant's Critique of Practical Reason, or in Spinoza, Schopenhauer and especially Rousseau. But in more recent times, since Hegel's assertion that all that exists is reasonable, the question of what one must do has been pushed to the background and philosophy has directed its whole attention to the investigation of things as they are, and to fitting them into a prearranged theory. This was the first step backwards. The second step, degrading human thought yet further, was the acceptance of the struggle for existence as a basic law, simply because that struggle can be observed among animals and plants. According to this theory the destruction of the weakest is a law which should not be opposed. And finally, the third step was taken when the childish originality of Nietzche's half-crazed thought, presenting nothing complete or coherent, but only various drafts of immoral and completely unsubstantiated ideas, was accepted by the leading figures as the final word in philosophical science. In reply to the question: what must we do? the answer is now put straightforwardly as: live as you like, without paying attention to the lives of others.
>>
>>70791362
If anyone doubted that the Christian world of today has reached a frightful state of torpor and brutalization (not forgetting the recent crimes committed in the Boers and in China, which were defended by the clergy and acclaimed as heroic feats by all the world powers), the extraordinary success of Nietzche's works is enough to provide irrefutable proof of this. Some disjointed writings, striving after effect in a most sordid manner, appear, written by a daring, but limited and abnormal German, suffering from power mania. Neither in talent nor in their basic argument do these writings justify public attention. In the days of Kant, Leibniz or Hume, or even fifty years ago, such writings would not only have received no attention, but they would not even have appeared. But today all the so-called educated people are praising the ravings of Mr N, arguing about him, elucidating him, and countless copies of his works are printed in all languages.

Turgenev made the witty remark that there are inverse platitudes, which are frequently employed by people lacking in talent who wish to attract attention to themselves. Everyone knows, for instance, that water is wet, and someone suddenly says, very seriously, that water is dry, not that ice is, but that water is dry, and the conviction with which this is stated attracts attention.
>>
>>70791362
>>70791402
Similarly, the whole world knows that virtue consists in the subjugation of one's passions, or in self-renunciation. It is not just the Christian world, against whom Nietzsche howls, that knows this, but it is an eternal supreme law towards which all humanity has developed, including Brahmanism, Buddhism, Confucianism and the ancient Persian religion. And suddenly a man appears who declares that he is convinced that self-renunciation, meekness, submissiveness and love are all vices that destroy humanity (he has in mind Christianity, ignoring all the other religions). One can understand why such a declaration baffled people at first. But after giving it a little thought and failing to find any proof of the strange propositions, any rational person ought to throw the books aside and wonder if there is any kind of rubbish that would not find a publisher today. But this has not happened with Nietzsche's books.

The majority of pseudo-enlightened people seriously look into the theory of the superman, and acknowledge its author to be a great philosopher, a descendant of Descartes, Leibniz and Kant. And all this has come about because the majority of the pseudo-enlightened men of today object to any reminder of virtue, or to its chief premise: self-renunciation and love - virtues that restrain and condemn the animal side of their life. They gladly welcome a doctrine, however incoherently and disjointedly expressed, of egotism and cruelty, sanctioning the ideas of personal happiness and superiority over the lives of others, by which they live.
>>
File: 1459055729023.png (85 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459055729023.png
85 KB, 420x420
>>70791362
>>70791402
>>70791424
>wen u try to plagiarize Aristotle, Machiavelli, Rochefoucald, Emerson, and Schopenhauer but the greatest novelist of all time fucks your shit up
>>
>>70787262
>master-slave morality
The slave morality perfectly describe leftists and SJW/Feminazis
>>
>>70792275
That's what my paper is based on, I basically say that virtue-signalling - when cucks post on facebook about how they hate homophobia and shit like that - aren't achieving anything, they aren't changing the world for the better but they feel that they are morally superior for holding these beliefs or for posting on social media or writing on their blog. So I just call them slaves and fags, calling for a resurgence of the noble morality.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrUBQjPfhU
>>
>>70788016
>his criticism of nationalism is basically a call for pan-European nationalism
I need a source for it
>>
>>70793218
The preface for beyond good and evil talks about we good europeans.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.