[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is current year a valid argument now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ITS_THECURRENT_YEAR.png (310 KB, 1008x1088) Image search: [Google]
ITS_THECURRENT_YEAR.png
310 KB, 1008x1088
>current year
prove it's not a valid argument.
>>
Who fucking showcases their mental illness like that? This is just a cry for attention.
>>
>>70786007
>Who fucking showcases their mental illness like that?
Someone with mental illness
>>
File: 1460439495121.jpg (491 KB, 934x837) Image search: [Google]
1460439495121.jpg
491 KB, 934x837
>>70785674
Brain Dead Liberals use 'current year' as an argument not based on logic but purely emotion. That's why 'current year' is not an argument and never will.
>>
Does ANYONE know what year it is? THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
>>70785674
When are we finally going to recognize the difference in IQ among the different races? It's 2016 for Christ sake. Science proves this. What are we? Fucking Christian fundamentalist or some shit? Denying fucking facts?
>>
>>70786888
What will you achieve acknowledging those facts? You just want more ammo to be racist. Just because they're facts don't mean they're good.
>>
>>70786888
>almost quints
nice trips.
>>
>>70785674
Yeah, why is there such a stigma surrounding mental health? Like, what do the mentally ill do that could make people stigmatize them?
>>
>>70786305
I'm so sorry for you commiefornia, I just escaped to mildly better washington, now all I have to deal with is pow-wows and slant eyes
>>
It implies that progress for the sake of progress is necessary and mandatory.
>>
>>70785674
It is a declaratory statement of the current date. It in no way provides a reason or explanation for anything. Hence the only thing the current year could be used for in an argument is telling them to buy a new calendar
>>
>>70786888
Why isn't necrophilia legal, it's 2016 for gods sake
>>
>>70786305
>commiefornia

You need to get the fuck out of there
>>
>>70785674
As someone who has actually had a panic attack, can confirm this is an attention whoring stunt on her part (I mean it's pretty obvious anyway). If you're about to have a panic attack you don't make yourself look all nice and get a good angle going so you can take a selfie. You won't even have the composure to do that.
>>
>>70788338
pretty much this. everyone knows someone with a mental illness whether it be panic attacks or depressions or ADHD or whatever the fuck they're quantifying as mental health issues these days.

the only difficulties/stigma are:
1. not wanting to hang out with someone who has an extreme mental disorder because you can't relate/have great difficulty communicating with them
2. not wanting to give someone advice on their depression or anxiety because you aren't a professional.

Nobody wants affirmative action friends.

Nobody is purposefully insensitive to mental illnesses, even the biggest assholes I know understand things like anxiety and depression they're just awkward with how they deal with people suffering.
>>
I'm so disgusted that it is the current year and we're still using the current year as an excuse. Utterly deplorable.
>>
>>70785674

The only time in my life that I've had a panic attack was when i mixed a shit load of codeine and alcohol and thought a club that i went to was owned by aliens and the Illuminati.
>>
>>70789806
Aye I've had a few in the past, they are fucking awful and in no way would I have had the ability to get a camera out, and take a picture. For me I was clutching my chest on the floor breathing erratically while shaking, also my cognition just goes out of the window and into a primal "I am going to die mode".

Bitch is fucking lying, or at the least had a slight wave of anxiety and is misunderstanding what a panic attack is.
>>
>>70785674
It's a valid argument, but it isn't sound.

Basic form
If it is <current year> then <claim>
It is <current year>.
Therefore <claim>

Nothing invalid with the argument, but it is unsound because the premise is usually false. You can apply the form to any statement and produce a valid argument, but you need either:
A premise which the year of the statement is sufficient to produce the the claim. Even then it is often helpful to have an additional premise

Example where it would be valid and sound

If you want to sell a calendar that is correct relative to accepted definitions of the date standard, then your calendar should include the year in it.
If it is 2016 then you should print 2016 at the top of the calendar you are selling for this year.
It is 2016.
Therefore you should print 2016 on top of your calendar.

In almost all cases you need an additional premise to connect why the if/then should follow and generally the premise that builds it is not an accepted premise or there simply isn't one.
>>
>>70786411
Current year
>>
File: 1360990402255.gif (1 MB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
1360990402255.gif
1 MB, 268x200
>>70785674

Is anxiety/panic attacks the new bipolar disorder?

And by this I mean a fucking excuse for women to sperg out and be emotional and stupid.

>something happens
>shut down
>cry and throw a hissy fit

That's not anxiety that's being a fucking toddler.
>>
>>70787089
Acknowledging these facts can explain away a lot of supposed institutionalized racism, thus creating a path to do away with affirmative action and thus stopping truly qualified work/college applicants getting passed over in order to fulfill diversity quotas.
>>
File: time-warp.gif (679 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
time-warp.gif
679 KB, 480x480
>>70785674
pic related doesn't need to say a word. your argument is invalid.
>>
There is so much wrong in that picture I have to call satire.

Also you don't look different when having a panic attack.
>>
>>70785674
i'm not gonna lie I use the current year argument for hating muslim countries

you don't deserve to be recognized as a state if you provide basic human rights
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.