[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 19
File: FREE.jpg (107 KB, 850x537) Image search: [Google]
FREE.jpg
107 KB, 850x537
Hey pol i'll keep this short I got laid off and will be making significantly less at my new job. I don't want to go on welfare like some fucking parasite. What poverty-tier food should be buying and cooking? I remember someone on here talking about something similar a few days ago.
>>
>>70773470
ramen

but get the stuff from the asian food section, it's way better
>>
Maruchan Ramen in bags not cups
Potatos
Bulk cereal
Beans
Rice
Multi vitamin

Keep all of that in stock then buy meat and dairy as you see fit.
>>
>>70773795
Thanks bro. Do potatoes go bad quickly? I'll only be cooking for myself and have had food rot before I've been able to cook it.
>>
>>70773470
Bread is pretty cheap, the store brand that I get is ~$1.50 for a loaf, and that loaf lasts me a week or more.

Eggs are about $2 a dozen where I live.

I buy instant oatmeal which I think is around $1.50 for a box with 6 packets. I've never looked into whether or not loose oats are cheaper, but they very well might be, so look into that as well.

The rest of what I eat is beans (I get black beans 3 cans for $2), yogurt cups (5 for $3), rice (IIRC it's around $2 for a two-pound bag), and of course, instant ramen.

>>70773586
>but get the stuff from the asian food section, it's way better
Most of that shit is around a dollar a pack. At that point you're better off just buying something else.
>>
>>70773586
Tone it down, weeb. Not everyone wants scurvy because they need to emulate their animes.
>>
>>70773795
Most of this is decent but for flavour just buy onions and powdered stock so that everything doesn't taste like bland shit.

Depending where you are some other vegetables may be cheap also and worth getting.
>>
>>70773470

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmCUSb-ZVo

It will cost you $0
>>
Thanks to gmo foods and Monsanto we've actually had falling food prices in recent years. I'm on the poverty diet as well. Like others have said - eggs, bread, peanut butter, frozen chicken breasts are great too.
>>
File: 1410765115450.jpg (614 KB, 1000x3400) Image search: [Google]
1410765115450.jpg
614 KB, 1000x3400
I appreciate it fellas. I know this isn't politics related, but pol is my safe space.
>>
>>70773470

Gibs are there for a fucking reason you dumbass. Welfare is okay as long as you're white, you're using it to keep yourself and your CHILDREN alive, and you're trying to actively get out of the rut you're in.
>>
>>70773470
Ramen, Cheap beef, cheap chicken, potatoes, rice, grits, cheap saugsage for gravy and flour. Tomato juice from a can for vegetable intake.
>>
>>70774978
Is that even viable if you live somewhere that's not a big city?
>>
>>70773470
Rice, chicken etc, i can buy 2 weeks worth of food for £6 here in uk. Food is even cheaper us.
>>
>>70773470
What the fuck is wrong with using welfare when you need it? You paid for it from your wages when you were working.
>>
>>70773470

Staples:
Potatoes
Pasta
Rice

peanut oil
butter

mayo
mustard
ketchup

bread --> purchase Flour, Sugar, Salt, Yeast

eggs
milk (cream whole)

cheese

greens

Here is a great poor man's feast:
Pasta, cheddar cheese, siriachi sauce
>>
>>70773470
>Ramen
Watch those salt levels bro.
>>
>>70773795
Potatoes are a good food mate. If you buy 50 cent spices you can make a days worth of hashbrowns, baked potatoes, mash potatoes or french fries. Im actually a poorfag spic and i just lived off cajun hashbrowns this entire week.
>>
>>70773470
Wellfare is a meme. Go to a food bank. You'll be preventing waste.
>>
File: 1455923148745.jpg (67 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1455923148745.jpg
67 KB, 720x960
>>70775711
Yes, I'm white but I don't have any kids. I'm not talking about like out on street poor, I just need to greatly reduced my spending to match my lower income. I'm not comfortable accepting handouts from people.
>>70775818
>cheap beef
Can you elaborate? I've only bought ground beef and that's pricey as shit.
>>
>>70773470

just go ahead and get the food stamps. you either abuse the system or get abused by it. might as well come out as best as possible
>>
Shop at Aldi.

Thank me later.
>>
>>70774651
Just got eggs for 74 cents a dozen. Good source of protein and essential nutrients. OP look for sales on frozen and fresh vegetables as they are nutritious and fill you up pretty easily. Chicken, Eggs, Veggies, and Rice are all fairly cheap depending on your locale.
>>
>>70774137
Buy the smaller bags of potatoes. Or, if you've got a decent grocer, you can buy single large potatoes.
>>
you can get a lot of mileage out of onions
>>
>>70773470

Lots of bread. Go to your local bakery. Mine has massive loaves for like $1.
>>
>>70774137
>Do potatoes go bad quickly?
You have to store it in a way so it doesn't turn green. Once it turns green or starts sprouting, you can't eat it or it'll be bad for you. Even if it takes a lot to get any kind of immediate bad effects, it's still advised not to eat potatoes that is turning green/sprouting Also, don't buy taters that are already green/sprouting

Here's some reading material on taters:
http://www.potatogoodness.com/all-about-potatoes/buying-storing/
>>
>>70776443
god damn where do you live arkansas?
>>
>>70776354
Thi
Aldi is the fucking shit
>>
>>70776200
This,OP.
>>
>>70776548
Also, if you cut a potato in half, but didn't use the other half for that particular meal (but plan on using it on a later meal), squeeze and rub lemon juice on it. It seals the cut area and prevents the cut area from turning brown or black.
>>
>>70773470
/ck/ would be best for this,but beans, rice, and potatoes are extremely cheap.

>>70774651
>week-old bread
fucking what?
>>
>>70775587
Great... Now I'm a hungry Hungarian.
>>
>>70776563
Wisconsin
>>
>>70776797
>week-old bread
>fucking what?
You eat so much bread that you can finish an entire loaf within a week?
>>
File: sins of the father.jpg (211 KB, 532x735) Image search: [Google]
sins of the father.jpg
211 KB, 532x735
>>70773470
NUMBER ONE RULE: DO NOT EAT OUT EVER

Seriously, don't fucking do it. The whole "poor people can't afford to eat healthy!" is just a myth concocted to excuse massively disproportionate obesity rates among blacks. They're fat because they have a lack of agency and because buying McD's is EASIER, not cheaper, than preparing your own food.

Things change depending on exactly how poor you are. The best bang-for-your-buck is going to be those giant bags of rice and dried beans. They cost pennies for like a month's worth of food. Potatoes are dirt cheap as well. There are a reason why things like potatoes, rice, beans, lentils, etc have always been stereotypical poor people food; they're cheap nutritious and filling. Just make sure to get some cheap spices to make the food not-bland.

Milk, eggs, and peanutbutter come next on the list. Excellent sources of nutrition and calories. When I was a broke grad student with no time, I drank shitloads of milk because it was cheap, convenient, and I met my protein goals because I've always been into lifting.

And you can still buy meat too. Chicken is $2 per lb for thighs and breast boneless skinless. And it's cheaper if you buy whole-birds. And you can use the carcass to make soup.
>>
>>70777043
>7 sandwiches
>14 bread slices

yeah a loaf a week is fine
>>
>>70774978
A jew being a Jew
>>
>>70777504
He said he dosent support Israeli food corporations
>>
>>70775213
You stupid from eating all the gmos. They do not increase yield and don't do anything spray Chems on the plant can't. Gmos just make it easier for the farmer.
The point is thee don't increase yields.
>>
File: leebindoge.jpg (49 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
leebindoge.jpg
49 KB, 600x566
>>70777260
I'm actually looking forward to loosing some weight because of this (lazy fatass here). Thanks for all of the advice guys.
>>
File: 1455923368738.jpg (238 KB, 2048x1972) Image search: [Google]
1455923368738.jpg
238 KB, 2048x1972
>>70777608
>consuming the edible jew
>>
>>70776242
Where I live, I can get english chuck beef for $2.88 a pound. If you season that up right and coat it in salt for about 2 hours, you can cook it like a steak and it's still pretty good. After the 2 hour salt coating you'll need to rinse the salt off of it and pat it dry again. The salt draws out the funky tasting juice and helps loosen up the meat so it's a little more tender.
>>
Split peas and beans are about $1 per pound bag, a big bag of onions is $1-$3, and 10lbs of corn flour can be had for $5.

Cheapest meat is usually sausage and bone in hams.

I'm making the assumption you're le big guy so here's some prices/quantities for a month.
30 lbs split peas and lentils-$30
5 bags onions-$15
20lbs corn flour-$10
30lbs bone in ham-$50
10 loaves French bread-$10
2lbs butter-$6-$10

$125 for a month eating a shit ton of food a day.

Most americucks spend more in week.
>>
Don't buy anything premade and forget the ramen, thats just carbs and salt.

Chicken, veggies rice or beans.

Chicken is the cheapest meat in the store. most veggies are 1.50-2.00 per lb. get a 1/2 lb of a few different things and make stir fry.
>>
>>70773470
feel the bern
>>
>>70777894
thighs are better than breasts
>>
>>70777674
Well in that case, it's a win-win. Learning how to cook and eat well on a shoestring budget is honestly a really good life skill to have and builds character, to say something that's dad-core as fuck.

My condolences about getting laid off. That shit fucking sucks. My best bro recently found out that he's going to get laid off from DuPont due to the buy-out after working there for decades. It's never happened to me specifically, but I've known plenty of people to know that feel. I hope things look brighter in the future
>>
>>70773470
Go to a Walmart Supercenter between 6am and 7am and buy up all the cheap yellow tag expiring meats you can. The workers tag it around 6am
>>
only thing i havent seen on here is tuna fish. i read a thread like this once and decided to try and eat like a poor person for as long as i could to see if i could save money. lasted maybe a week. found out that dropping tuna fish in ramen tastes pretty much like chicken. also found out that spending the extra money on good food that i like is totally worth it and not really that much more expensive.
>>
>>70778035
>he's a thigh man

>>70778265
fuck yea man. I once got 3 whole chickens for $2 each
>>
>>70773470
Soylent
>>
File: 1457741411313.png (192 KB, 401x608) Image search: [Google]
1457741411313.png
192 KB, 401x608
>>70776082

>sriracha sauce
fixed that

Probably killed my stomach lining but worth it.
>>
>>70778274
tuna fish isn't actually that cheap though. If you total up the cost, it typically comes out to be about 4-5 bucks per lb. Chicken is half that.

Personally if I were going to spend 4 bucks per lb on meat, I'd get some beef. Tuna is good for convenience though
>>
>>70778419
Nice! I go almost every other morning and raid the yellow tags. Once I got 3 packs of those precooked ribs for $3.75 each. Usually $10 each. I ate for a week off those
>>
>>70773470
Go on welfare. You paid into the system involuntarily. They literally took your hard-earned money by force for this purpose. Now you need it. If you qualify, go ahead and use the system. Take your money back.
>>
Rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/the-pot-and-how-to-use-it

You're welcome, friendo.
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 859x516) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 859x516
>>70773470
>>
>>70778647
I agree. You payed in. It's all good as long as you're not just abusing the system or scamming.
>>
>>70773470
>I don't want to go on welfare like some fucking parasite

Hold on, don't you realize your tax dollars pay for USDA subsidies?

Get food stamps and buy wholesome food. That's the anti wigger-nigger.

Vote yourself a raise too. How about some free college?

Can you eat healthy, get a raise, and get a good education with Clinton? Trump? Cruz?

Nah don't be a cunt. Vote for Bernie.
>>
tfw you are shopping at Wal-Mart with your EBT and purchasing cooking ingredients such as flour and sugar, while other poor fags are buying potato chips and pizzas.

Come home, White Man.
>>
File: photo.jpg (87 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
87 KB, 900x900
>>70778957
>voting
>>
>>70778647
This
Also food banks if your area has them
They are good because you don't need to verify income you can just go in and get food if you have an ID to prove you live there
You get nice stuff too!
>>
>>70773470
split red lentils.

Get some spices, and vegetable/chicken broth, and you'll eat cheaply and get alot of nutrition to boot. It has alot of protein if you are concerned about that.
>>
>>70778467
Memes aside, soylent is needlessly expensive. It costs 9 dollars per day. That may not sound like much, but compare that to actually buying real food from a grocery store
>>
>>70773470
oats, eggs, milk, navy beans, cabbage for vitamin c and good poops, canned spinach. its an old multivarate optimization problem from back before niggas had 3.0 cpus and solver add in.
>>
Here's from a guy who majorly fucked up nutrition when I moved out even though I could afford anything

Buckwheat (or rice) - cheap as fuck, and you NEED fiber. Can't stress this enough, you want to be healthy you need fiber and bread alone wont ever be enough

Veggies - also important as fuck, you need tomatoes, corn, cuckumbers, occasional carrot and maybe an apple a day. Broccoli is pretty good too.

Potatoes - cheap as fuck, fibrous, nutritious, good filler stock up on these

Meat - you need this, you can wing it with chicken, one breast is enough for two meals if you're not a fat fuck

You need to take care of your intestinal flora which will deplete FAST if you eat shit, so take care to gulp down yoghurt and shit, it will keep your guts functional and without it you're in a world of shit

These are basic pointers so bear in mind the above and check out your local store, pick out whats cheap, avoid heavily processed meat

I learned the hard way and it took time to reboot my shit
>>
>>70779052
lentils are bro food, great for proteins, great for pooping.
>>
>>70773470
- Whole chickens
- Whole hams
- Whole strips of pork loin
- 50lb sacks of rice
- 50lb sacks of beans
- Vegetables at the farmers market
- Grow your own herbs on the windowsill
- Look up preserving eggs, so you can buy a bunch on sale.

Nigga, you just ate better for less.
>>
Buy big ass bags of rice and beans. You'll get a lot of mileage out of those two.
>>
>>70779042
>food banks
except most of that shit is expired, but you can find some decent stuff on the right day.
OP start an earthworm farm
>>
>>70773470
I can get a bag of pasta for 29p. 4 tins of tuna £2 or 60p each. Sweet corn 50p That makes 3 meals. Potatoes £1. Chicken pies, £1 each. Carrots 50p broccoli 50p.
Pasta one day, potatoes, pie n veg next day for a week.
10 large eggs 80p, bread 80p, 4 pints of milk 80p. Breakfast for 5 days.
>>
>>70773470
Bake bread
>>
>>70775587
>Asian grocery store
I used to not know those were things, but one just opened near me about a year ago.
>>
Get yourself those salad bags at the grocery store that contain the sauce/mixed nuts inside of a smaller bag inside.

Combine those with pre-packaged and precooked meats (which usually are left near those salad bags since they're complementary items) and you can get a pretty decent and cheap meal for around 7 bucks. This salad has your protein and your veggie vitamin whatevers.

Another good candidate for a healthy and cheap alternative to real food is canned Campbell's soup.

My go to soups usually are Itallian Wedding or Rice and Chicken. I sometimes get the chicken corn chowder, chilli, or the beefaroni, but that's a bit more expensive and I save for special occasions.
>>
You pay too much in taxes to not take some welfare while other lazy shits do. It's made for people like you.
>>
>>70776548
Another thing to note is that if you have a bunch of sprouted potatoes inside of a cabinet or a bag, DO NOT inhale deeply while around those materials. The gas produced by potato sprouts is just as toxic to you as the potatoes themselves. There have been cases of people opening up potato bags with old/rotten/sprouted potatoes and getting a big whiff and dying/severely injuring themselves because of it.
>>
>>70776200
Do I have to do anything special to use food banks?? I just spent 4 months unemployed and depleted all of my savings. I have a job now as of last month. I'm not in total poverty, but im not making near as much and it would be nice to save a little bit of money in case I need it again..
>>
>>70773470
Rice, beans, lentils, chicken, fish, frozen veggies. Done.

Treat yourself to a home cooked steak every now and then.

Or you can be a fat fuck and eat the ramen shit everyone is pitching.
>>
>>70775587
Adding chopped sweet potato to noodles adds a nice thickness to the soup, especially with egg
>>
>>70779835
No it's not. It's made for people in his situation who have far less self-worth.

Fair work and fair pay are for people like him. People like him are called men. Copy him if you ever don't know what to do.
>>
Poach or boil your eggs or make grilled omelette. Tasty, healthy choice. I haven't fried an egg for a loooooong time and I'd never do it again
>>
>>70773795
Take out cereal, replace with sweet potato

Take out Potatoes, replace with eggs

I survived on this diet for about two years, and it even works for bodybuilding too
>>
>>70773470
Rice
Cabbage
Beans
apples
peanut
Chicken the dark meat.
Eggs

boom friend now you are eating healthy and are going to be fit as shit
>>
>>70773470
oatmeal is dirt cheap, bulk bag lasts long time

canned tuna/sardine and eggs are cheap protein

you can try lentils too

if u buy a can of spam and freeze after slicing it can last u a few days

loaf of store brand bread last whole week

for fruit and veggies just spam carrots (should be cheap as fuck), apples, cherry tomatoes and romaine lettuce or whatevet is cheap and nutrious
>>
>>70773470
bulk white rice, some cheap beans, beef/chicken/pork bouillon (sp?), cheap mio for drinks, buy some buddig meat packs, oatmeal if ur a breakfast guy, and some veggies are good too, i used to buy onions, celery, and potatoes for my veggies. and spend any extra on bulk ramen, you can combine the noodles and bouillion for a much better flavor than the flavor packs that come with it. hope that helps.
>>
>>70781004
Its hard to think of anything more cucked and pitiful than a white guy who pays taxes his whole life but refuses to take the fruit of his labor, instead reserving it for niggers.
>>
>Don't want to be a parasite for a couple of bucks to buy some food
>Billionaires have no problem taking literally billions of dollars from the taxpayers in Corporate Welfare

The working class in America is so cucked, holy shit.
>>
Guys, I've never had an egg. What the fuck does it taste like.
>>
compare powdered whole milk and bottled milk, the former doesnt taste as nice but it might be way cheaper per serving, it stores for a really long time and easy to get used to

buy some flaxseed/ chia and sprinkle that shit on your veggie salads/ oats if you are doing healthy. Its full of vitamins and not super expensive. I also buy mixed nuts and crush them to use as toppings for breakfast. Its costs next to nothing per sprinkle but its supposed to be good for you
>>
>>70776242
Cubed stew meat is cheapish. Plus if you get a food processor from Goodwill you can make your own ground beef. What I usually do is buy a pound of ground beef, a few pounds of ground turkey, mix them, then cook, and freeze.
>>
>>70776082
>peanut oil
You mean peanut butter
>>
>>70773586
NO. Ramen is a rip off. It's 1$ for something that doesnt even fill you up.
A bag of LENTILS is 1$ and if you fix the whole bag it is enough for 2 meals.
I often take frozen chicken thighs and cook it with the lentils.
Here is a simple recipe:
NEED:
>a decent sized pot
>bag of lentils
>frozen boneless chicken
>seasonings of your choice but if you ruin it with shit seasoning that's your fault
NEXT:
>put frozen chicken and lentils into pot
>fill with water
>turn on the fucking stove til it boils
>turn it down to a soft boil
>wait til the shit is done cooking you piece of shit
>eat it

Also for me personally I mix in a chopped raw onion in it after it is done cooking.
>inb4 fat stupid uneducated greaselords say "ew this is a nasty recipe". NO, you are nasty you dirty fat faggot. You are part of a warped society that has lost traditional food values. Go eat a big mac and die of a heart attack you FAT PIECE OF DOODOO.
>>
>>70773470
this might help, from a /ck thread

basics are lentils and beans, rice, pasta(noodles are pasta) and flour, and boilion/stock cubes

everything bought in bulk is cheaper

http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq
>>
>>70776173
>50 cent spices
supporting gangster rape, and the jews

for shame
>>
>>70783738
Bag of frozen chicken thighs cost 7$, bags of lentils cost 1$. So each meal of the lentils and chicken comes out to only...

$1.30 for a full meal. I eat this like 15 times a month as my main source of food.
>>
>>70777870
id kill myself b4 i did that
>>
File: stirfry.jpg (712 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
stirfry.jpg
712 KB, 2048x1365
who /stirfry/ here??
>>
>>70783738
actually, ramen is 0.25 cents each, or cheaper if ypou buy it in bulk

you're talking about liquor store tier ramen

anyway, I eat the gluten free nearly no sugar and very low carbs diet of an actual man. Real men aren't sugary fruits; like those who eat carbs
>>
File: RICE-bags-of-rice.jpg (55 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
RICE-bags-of-rice.jpg
55 KB, 640x300
>>70773470
Learn to cook.

Buy rice and beans in bulk.
Eat string beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and peas. Buy in bulk as well, and keep frozen--they'll last as long as you need them to.

Meat is expensive, so I suggest tuna and sardines for animal protein.

Rice
Beans
Canned Fish
Frozen green vegetables

You'll be eating better than 99% of the country, and you'll be spending less money.
>>
>>70774664
Holy shit the projection.
Do you always get this assblasted whenever someone mentions something Japanese?
>>
>>70784207
well i'm beans rice n ground beef /tostadas/ right now
>>
>>70782535
"we're doin it for the people"
>>
>>70776082
>he fell for the gluten jew

if you're going to purchas a flour; make it corn flour

i actually eat WAY HEALTHIER when I'm poor because I don't slurge like a fatass
>>
>>70779705
they stinky but they have way better fish proces
>>
>>70773470
10 pound bags of frozen chicken legs & thighs. They come off of older chickens that no longer lay eggs. about 49 cents a pound. Also buy generic frozen mixed veggies.
Boil a pc of chicken, set it aside to cool. scrape the foam shit off of the water. Pour in some ramen noodles and veggies and a little bit of the flavoring. pull meat off of the chicken and throw in there. It is really good. I lived off of it in college.
Also, 1 box mac and cheese. 1 can cream of mushroom soup. 1 can peas. 1 can tuna fish (protien 50 cents a can)
boil noodles. drain. add cheese shit and tuna. stir. Add soup, stir. add peas and stir but do nto break peas. Tuna casserole enough for 3 meals.
>>
>>70773470
Red Lentils at Trader Joe's -- one pound bag is less than two bucks and lasts for a week or more. Mainstream groceries are starting to carry them.
Splurge for the packet of fresh herbs at the local mainstream grocery, for two bucks you should be able to get a poultry variety pack.
About five to six bucks for good stock like Kitchen Selects.
Fifty cents for a baby can of tomato paste.
Maybe switch out chicken stock with red pepper soup.
Cook in a largish saucepan -- bring stock or soup to boil then simmer for about a half hour. The flavor you get from the fresh herbs will justify the expense and exceed any procesed food. Package in two-cup Pyrex or Anchor bowls with rubber lids, they can be used to store, reheat and serve, and are like three bucks each.
After that, spring water (a dollar a gallon or less), hormone free whole milk (three dollars the half gallon), kefir (three dollars a quart), and celery and cabbage for about three dollars a unit, and canned tuna, salmon and herring for seventy cents to three bucks a can.
Hey presto, this is actually what you're supposed to eat, and it's maddeningly cheap.
>>
>>70782535
>instead of reducing the size of government and it's subsidies, we should all just be leaching pieces of shit.

Hi Bernie.
>>
>>70785485
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/hill-country-fare-young-chicken-leg-quarters/450058
>>
>>70782139
carrots are objectively the worst vegetable

cauliflower broccoli and peas can be frozen
>>
>>70777260
whole birds is good advice.
>>
>>70785854
Wrong one, here it is. I make a LOT of money and still buy one of these a week. Good eating. less than 50 cents a pound.
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/market-chicken-leg-quarters/313291
>>
>>70773470
>rice
>lentils
>potatoes
>bulk everything
>meat as you can get it (chicken and turkey best)
>>
>>70774978
>>70777504
I-i-is that ted cruz?
>>
>>70776729
Also lemon juice will cure pink-eye eventually.
>>
>>70779331
>the gluten meme
>>
Look for a Mormon Church and ask them where their canning house is. In exchange for volunteer hours, you can usually buy in bulk through them for cheap even if you aren't Mormon.

Depending where you are, it's planting season and you can get some veggies in. Also don't forget hunting and fishing season. Fuck, I live in TN and we have a roadkill law. Car in front of me hit a small size doe three days ago and I got thirty pounds of good meat off it.

Need a grinder for the next one.
>>
>>70786381
OW FUCK
>>
>>70779144
?

It's $5.4 per day ($164/month), buying 21 bags a month
A bag gets you through more than a day
>>
>>70774651

Loose oats are WAY cheaper, buying packaged quick oats is a cuck move. Here they're $0.39/100g. I get enough for a weeks breakfast for like $1.
>>
>>70773470
I'm poor, but I still shop at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods exclusively. Really good tips ITT.

Always buy what's on sale, stockpile if you can on really good buys. A lot of stuff will go on sale at Whole Foods that costs the same as Kroger ect and it's organic. They don't go on sale as often, but when they do, you need to buy that shit up.

Never, ever eat out. It's terrible for you and it's expensive. Never waste anything, don't let anything spoil. Be very aware of expiration dates and freezing/preserving your food.
>>
>>70784127
Welp you'll do it anyways consuming 2 liters of sugar water and processed meats every day homeboy.
>>
>>70773586
Throw in two Kraft singles cheese slices for added goodness...
>>
>>70787271
Or you could use real cheese.
>>
>>70785945
how so? beta carotene, vit A,vit C
>>
>>70773470
Natural nutrient rich food is cheap, with 5 bucks i can get about 2500 kcal. Why does everyone think food is expensive? Are you really that incapable of counting calories/researching cheap sources
>>
>>70787481
>consuming real cheese instead of chemically treated cheese flavor solidified vegetable oil slices

Unpatriotic piece of shit
>>
>>70773470
>What poverty-tier food should be buying and cooking
Rice, dried beans, leafy greens, pork (though I've heard that pork is going up in price and chicken is now the cheapy cheap), canned goods. Slowly pick up spices to make your food not taste like ass
>>
It's spring time OP, better start planting a garden, even if it's in buckets on the porch of an apartment. Learn now. Also, don't be afraid to mix greens and beans and bones for soups. Learning to cook was about getting outside of what my particular ass deemed edible.
>>
File: eating-isnt-very-chanel.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
eating-isnt-very-chanel.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
It's always a good time for a diet.

t. /fa/
>>
>>70786429
that's sick as fuck

I wish I could be on the apex predator diet. once I get a big freezer, I would totally kill a bear and a wolf and eat them periodically

but you're right. Now is the time for veggies, and as long as you have an ice box or freexer, you can buy as many veggies as you can afford and freeze them (cauliflower, broccoli, peas, etc)

>>70787149
>>70784127
not only that, but if you eat those things you no longer want to eat shit food because your body is like oh fuck, I've been misguided this whole time

and your taste buds adjust to cravings accordingly
>>
>>70786429
This. Hunting and Fishing can be a subsistence lifestyle if you have extra time and worthwhile fisheries or hunting property's
>>
Rice, Beans and Chicken is enough to sustain anyone. Be sure to buy some lettuce and fruit once in a while to balance your nutritional needs.
>>
>>70773470

Go to >>>/ck/ and ask this question. It comes up pretty often and they have some great answers.
>>
>>70783738
You should write a cookbook anon... Prolly sell a million copies.
>>
>>70773470
spaghetti on sale, load up
spaghetti sauce: prego w/meat, mix with store brand for savings
quick-cooking oatmeal in a big container (pic)
pancake syrup for the oatmeal for sweet taste
chicken on sale (cheap as shit, cook at 350°)
kraft barbecue sauce for the chicken
bags of store-brand corn ($2 from giant)
butter and salt for the corn, for taste and fat

also, buy some cheap candy that you like to eat after meals, as a treat.
>>
>>70788714
I'm tellin you guys

it's cheaper to just not get any sugars at all, and get most if not all your carbs from vegetables, legumes, roots, etc

why is it cheaper? fills you up wayyyy more. if you keep your carbs really low and your sugar below 15g a day, you will have perpetual energy because your body is burning fat you have and fat you eat.
>>
Surprised no one has mentioned it. Stir Fry Negro. Look up some basic sauce mixes and make your own. Dice up some vegetables and precook some chicken on Sundays. A good wok ful usually lasts me a week.
>>
File: 1434727528947.jpg (22 KB, 570x284) Image search: [Google]
1434727528947.jpg
22 KB, 570x284
>>70776169
make sure you drink a gallon of water a day, flush that shit right out
>>
>>70786798
yea but IT'S PEOPPLLEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 635x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 635x438
>>70773470

Step 1) Have wealthy parents
Step 2) Have generous parents (step 2 is important)
Step 3) Receive money from parents (preferably $300 per week for spending - this is what I do. Obviously they also pay for rent and bills.)
Step 4) Buy whatever you like (but try to keep it nutritious)

If you follow the above you can eat very well and pay for a gym membership (and lots of other fun stuff!) Tonight I made lamb that I bought from whole foods - delicious! I made too much but I don't own Tupperware. Had to throw out the leftovers. Sad!
>>
I already have chicken in the freezer but I couldn't pass up $2 a day pre-spiced ribs.
yummmm
>>
>>70779735
>you can get a pretty decent and cheap meal for around 7 bucks

>homemade salad for $7
>cheap
Do you live in Los Angeles or something? I've eaten at (admittedly shitty) Chinese buffets for less than $7.
>>
>>70789305
the ranch 99 buffet is literally less than 3 dollars hahahaha

>>70789305
it's not 7 bucks, I have some of those, they last abouit a week or more (eat one every morning)
>>
>>70788002
I learned the other day that a McDonald's hamburger can have the meat of 100 different cows and that dementia deaths have risen exponentially since the formation of the factory farms in the 70s.

Despite the CDCs claims that mad cow never reached the US dementia deaths have increased 2000% since the 80s, as if diabetes and obesity wasn't bad it might turn out that industrial beef will turn your brain into mush too :/
>>
Learn some crockpot recipes and make good food that'll last you all week.
>>
Once the weather warms up, I plan on fishing for keeps and freezing the filets. Only problem is I don't own a vacuum sealer
>>
File: IMG_20160116_225513.jpg (82 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_225513.jpg
82 KB, 540x810
>>70788002

Wolf isn't very good eating. A buddy of mine ate a feral dog in SERE school, but I would avoid eating scavenging canines. I have had bear, was sorta odd.

Yeah, the roadkill deer was opportunity meat. Was coming home after work at eleven at night, so I am outside doing a hasty skin and butcher job with a headlamp and a 8" Victorinox boning knife. Backstraps, tenderloin, both hams, then started working on the haunches and such. Borrowed a friend's grinder for that. Got about twenty of ground and ten of good tender meat, but hell, it was free. Hadn't done one in a couple years.
>>
>>70776548
>>70779881

Oh shit, what? I've been cutting off the sprouts and eating the potatoes for years. Sheeeit.
>>
>>70778419
thighs are where it's at nigga
>>
>>70773470
>I don't want to go on welfare like some fucking parasite.

Why don't you just try it? With the money you'll save you'll wonder why you've never done it.

>tfw filled up my pantry and fridge today
>>
>>70773470
pasta with cheap sauce is decent. I personally don't like ramen, so I get some kind of pasta with sauce on sale instead. costs $2.50 for a jar of pasta sauce and a pound of pasta, which is easily 3-4 meals with homemade garlic bread on the side (cheap garlic butter recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/garlic-butter-recipe.html)
>>
>>70789733
They've found mad cow in a West Coast slaughterhouse. The day they found it, they shut down inspection and continued processing.
>>
hey op, if you have a yard, get a chicken or two.

i eat a lot of eggs and those chickens have been amazing. i have two and between them i get about 8 eggs a week. big ass fat brown ones, too.

i used to make 3-4 egg omelettes with the white store bought eggs but now i can barely finish a 2 egg omelette because the eggs are bigger.

and shit, the chickens were ten bucks each. the mexican threw in some milk crates to work as an improvised coop.
>>
>>70773470
Potatoes
>>
>>70777857
I'm no expert, but the cheaper cuts of meat are best used in stews where you fry up some onions, and garlic if you like it, brown the meat on all sides(helps to cut it up a bit too) then put it in a casserole dish with some chopped celery and carrots, salt and pepper, cover with water, maybe add a stock cube, maybe some herbs and cook it low and slow in the oven

don't forget to deglaze your pan with a little water, tons of flavor in there
>>
>>70789923
> Only problem is I don't own a vacuum sealer
Put the fish in a freezer bag and cover it with water. The water prevents freezer burn.
>>
>>70790030
As long as the potato is still firm, it's OK to cut off sprouts and eat the remaining part.
>>
>>70773586
This, but throw in other stuff too. Baked Chicken + Indo-Mie Noodles = delicious, cheap dish. I like to throw in veggies when I can, but even on its own its great.
>>
>>70776354
I second this
>>
>>70773470
Brown rice, kidney beans, sweet potatoes, and canned fish. Canned fish is fine as long as the selenium content is higher than the mercury content.
>>
File: IMG-20160412-WA0035.jpg (147 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160412-WA0035.jpg
147 KB, 2560x1440
This thread is relevant to me. Technically homeless living in my car ATM.

I have a job just not enough money right now.
>>
>>70790809
Living out of car is actually smart and I used to do it. Get a 24hr gym membership for showers and working out, and some even have microwaves and a lounge area. Rent is a total waste of money.
>>
>>70775818
>Tomato juice
Not a vegetable.
>>
>>70785485
>boiling chicken
>>
>>70783738
this doesn't sound too bad, except it is more flavorfull to brown your onions in a fry pan and a little oil first, then brown off the DEFROSTED chicken, adding some carrots and celery is popular for a reason.

the holy trinity of french cooking is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirepoix_(cuisine)

then you either simmer on the hob, or put it in the oven on fairly low heat for a few hours

simmering on the hob can cause the bottom layer to stick and burn

and always always deglaze your frying pan
>>
>>70790507
Yep
>>
Top 3 dishes for me:
Chili
Shepard's pie
Pork Tenderloin with Russet potatoes

Favorite fucking dishes and they are pretty cheap and go far.
>>
Potatoes, beans, rice.
Not sure about living space, but also start a garden in potted plants.
Also buy a egg laying hen.
>>
>>70786340
kek that was my first thought
>>
>>70790809

Trade car in for a van, live like a god.
>>
>>70791789

Not him, I've actually thought about getting an RV and just living in it and biking/walking to work so nobody knows. But no woman would ever, ever want to have sex in it and I'd look like the biggest faggot loser.
>>
>>70775711

This. Take the welfare. As long as you spend it on food and not on alcohol and drugs you are doing the right thing.

What is the point of buying cheap food, if it is going to be probably unhealthy in the long run? And the medical costs are going to be higher than what you saved on food.
>>
>>70776354
>this
Also if you have a GFS anywhere near you check it out.
>>
>>70776354
THIS, its cheap and mostly organic or at least healthier than most processed versions. Also cheap. They have canned spam there that is actually REALLY good and not salty at all. Tastes great on a sandwich grilled and I hate spam normally.
>>
For example, boneless chicken breasts cost an average of $3.27 per pound nationwide, while tofu sits around $2 to $2.50 per pound,

Tofu is a godsend meat substitute and it's cheaper and if you know how to use it right (like browning it in a stir-fry) its fantastic

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2014/06/05/4-ways-vegetarian-living-can-help-your-wallet
>>
>>70791957
as long as its not a gross RV most women wont have a problem with it. you have a job and you COULD afford an appt but an RV has about the same amount of room. just say you travel and camp a lot. bitches love that shit. go drive to the mountains and fuck her to a new view everytime
>>
also you should start growing vegetables ASAP

Unless you live in an apartment then I'm sorry
>>
>>70792195
tofu is shit. I'd rather setup up snares in a park and eat squirrel meat than eat that hippie garbage.
>>
File: 1458588736749.png (189 KB, 1024x1762) Image search: [Google]
1458588736749.png
189 KB, 1024x1762
>>70778957
>Vote yourself a raise too. How about some free college?
>>
>>70792365
no one will ever convince me its cheaper to grow than buy veggies
>>
>>70791957
Well not him but im not getting laid anyways and im a fat neckbeard so i dont much care for the already low opinion that others share of me. heh i already live in an old camper on my mothers property. Let me clue you in on a few issues with rvs.

1. Cold as fuck. They are poorly insulated with thin walls. Even the best 4 season is as insulated as a regular 2 x 4 house. Insulated campers typically weigh far to much for the average truck and you end up hauling it with a diesel one ton monster.

2 heating it is a bitch. Most of the propane heaters are vented and waste 1/3 of the fuel venting. Ventless might kill you since its such a small area. The blower also uses a shitload of DC power. Usually 5-8 amps. Meaning unless you have dedicated electric power, the batteries will run dead in less than a night for cold regions.

3. No matter how much you take care of it, if its outside eventually they will leak and its a huge fucking pain to fix that.

Granted my experience is made worse since my camper was 900 bucks and over 25 years old. Also a cheapo unit when it came out.

If i could do it again I would get a much smaller camper thats more modern or a class C or B camper and drive it into town and stay for the week until work is done.
>>
>>70773470

BRO, most grocery chains will have cheap ass chicken breast available. You can get it as low as 1.99/lb. Some places will even sell it to you by the breast, so you can just go in and get a chicken breast for dinner for less than a dollar.
>>
>>70792312

I can guarantee you that 99% of women would turn cold and get turned off the second they realize I live in an RV.
>>
>>70792195
I bought tofu once and it was legit the most revolting food I've ever tried and I eat British food. It looks and tastes like cum jello.
>>
>>70784906
>Meat is expensive, so I suggest tuna and sardines for animal protein
chicken is the cheapest

>>70785485
not knowing that ramen noodles are just fucking noodles, and the flavour sachet is just powdered stock cube/boiulion cube.. both of which are far cheaper purchased separately in bulk

>>70785510
>kefir
wut

>>70785945
so cut it so small you can't see it, or take out the meat and blend the whole thing then put the meat back in, carrots are god tier, you pleb

>>70787040
>Never waste anything, don't let anything spoil. Be very aware of expiration dates and freezing/preserving your food.
good tip, this is why I avoid potatoes and bread, they both seem to go off too quickly compared to pasta and rice

>>70788714
>spaghetti sauce
this is quick, but it's pretty fun to make your own from onions garlic, herbs and chopped tomatos, only takes like 10 minutes

>>70788925
fucking weaboos

stews and casseroles are much more nutritious because it's cooked low and slow in stock, this helps all the flavors to combine. stir frying is dirty gook food and for faggots

>>70789224
>Have wealthy parents
I'll get right on it, good tip anon

>>70789623
salad won't last a week, 2-3 days tops

>>70789809
good tip

>>70790614
and the nice fishy thinks it's still swimming

>>70790679
canned fish is good for you, but chicken is cheaper

>>70791985
you should take the welfare anon, it's money you were forced to pay into, now you should get it back, unless it makes you happy to pay for shaniqueefa and her 10 woglets to eat watermelon all day, while you make do

>>70792195
fucking vagootardians

>>70792444
you wot m8? how much are the seeds? a few cents for hundreds? how much is the water? how much is the sunlight?
>>
>>70792195
Fuck tofu, soy causes cancer out the ass. Hell they invented entire food industries just to sell the shit, it used to be just animal feed. Soy is very bad in men and women in different ways. Causes breast cancer in women. In men it fucks up your hormones.
>>
>>70791957

You wanna feel like a real man then do it or go camping innawoods for a couple months. Also if women are more interested in what you have then they really are not worth the time.
>>
>>70792515

You need to sautee it or add flavoring of some kind while you cook it you retarded ape
>>
>>70790989
>>70790809
Rent is a waste. I would sleep in a tent before I wasted another cent on it. Renting is borrowing a lifestyle you cant afford, if you cant afford a home, set your sites lower. It sucks but the money you save can net you a house. I spent over 50k on rent over the course of 10 years. Thats a small modest house or land and part of a house. What do i have to show for it? nothing.
>>
>>70792611

Because soy contains estrogen-like compounds, there was fear that soy may raise risk of hormone-related cancers. Evidence shows this is not true. Soy’s possible effects on health is an active area of research

http://www.aicr.org/foods-that-fight-cancer/soy.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
>>
>>70792941
Good goy, eat soylent green, it wont cause cancer.
>>
>>70792831
>Sauteeing a block of jellified Jap cum
>>
>>70792312
>I live in an RV and have no problems getting women. Don't blame where you live.
>>
>>70791133
it makes tasty broth and keeps the vitamins.
>>
>>70783003
Tastes like an egg. Its not a taste easily replicated
>>
>>70773470
Try this, OP. I'm not even poor and I make it all the time.

http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/cowboy-pinto-beans-10059
>>
you're already paying taxes that go towards funding EBT/foodstamps

might as well get something back for what you pay in.
>>
>>70793045
Whatever, was just trying to help OP.

Its good and cheap if you do it right. Just don't eat it every day for 10 years. You ((might)) get breast cancer
>>
>>70791957
Paging Wayne Lambright
>>
>>70773470
Walmart brand tilapia 10lbs bag or cheapest frozen meat they got
Giant bag of spic rice get a cheap cooker for 20$
boxed noodles
Walmart brand frozen veg Med
Store brand bread
Fruits when on sale
G2G
>>
>>70773470
Go to Sprouts, buy Oatmeal (steel cut or rolled) in bulk, it's usually on sale for $0.69/lb
Buy Brown Rice in bulk $0.99/lb
Buy Kale, Romain, broccoli, and Tomatoes
Buy Chicken breasts in bulk from Costco and freeze them
>>
>Bulk sold eggs in the numerous dozens, best deal. Either get from walmart or sams club
>Bulk sold cheap tuna from sams club
>Bulk sold raw pinto beans
>bulk sold basmati/white rice
>sweet potatoes
>>
just go on welfare you idiot

that's what it is literally for
>>
You'll get better results from /fit/ OP - Most people there are poor like me because we spend all our money on steroids for blasting/cruising.
>>
oats and tuna literally everything youll ever need
>>
>>70793589
He doesn't want to be a liberal bottom feeder cause he's a real productive human. Pay attention
>>
Legumes, Rice, Potatoes, Green Beans, Peas. You'll will need some other stuff like spices and stuff, if you have spare money go get a bunch of different sauces and shit. You can probably afford cheap beef and chicken cuts. The worst thing is if you can't already cook you will have to eat some shit food if you fuck up.
>>
>>70793782
brainwashed idiots
the whole lot of you
>>
>>70793457
Holy shit where do you live that Sprouts charges Brown rice for $0.99/lb? It costs $4.99/in where I live.
>>
>>70793896

Some people have pride in themselves and don't want to be disgraced by taking welfare.

My grandfather was a marine that served in the Korean War and was shot in the balls and came back and had my mother. Worked factory jobs and ran a hotel in retirement. Refused to even touch welfare or anything that he didn't pay for like social security.

His daughter, my aunt, on the other hand went on welfare when she was 45 and never worked a job while having 3 kids as a single mother. 3 different fathers too.
>>
>>70794061
Brown uncooked rice is $3 AUD so $2.31 USD for 1KG. You guys should just take metric and stop being fucked. If you do that i'll try and get everyone to use USD.
>>
>>70794061
San Francisco. Sometimes it's on sale for $0.79/lb short grain
>>
>>70794611
Then again Northern California grows most of the rice in the country along with Southern Texas
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.