[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ halp! bad water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1035x776) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1035x776
/pol/ocks help me.

I'm in the Midwest & just last evening I noticed all our tap water started to smell like shit.
The water has an odor smell, that of rust or body odor armpit. It still continues as of now.

It freaks me out & I have to keep moving around my house doing shit so I'm not going to go out & fill up a glass jug right away.

Is gubment' trying to BLUEPILL me ?

If I call & wait on the line forever with h2o supplier, are they just gonna lie to me anyways ?
I remember acouple times we've had "extra chlorinated" water before, & you could definitely smell it, we never got a reason why. ...

I have mid American water supply
(Pic not related but smell related)
>>
>>70772266
You might have woken up in Florida. It happens every now again after extensive drinking.
>>
how's that fracking working out for you?
>>
>>70772266
Water heater is kill m8. Buildup of that one shit.
>>
On a well
Treat and purify my own water
Costs me pennies per day

Feels good man.
>>
>>70772266

Go to a supermarket and buy some water.

I suppose you won't be taking showers for a few days.
>>
>>70772266
Midwest as well. What state are you in anon? My water is doing the same shit.
>>
>>70772266
Nah, thats just government being incapable of doing good policy, its cheaper to to blame what ever party is in power so the corruption never ends.
>>
>>70772601
>>70772266
Yeah guys dont worry its like it here in the uk its really good actually it containing more vitamins
>>
>>70772266
Haha, that reminds me of the corpse in the watertower.
>>
>>70772812

Walking Dead in Germoney?
>>
>>70772718
>vitamins
Top zozzle
>>
>>70772266
Buy bottled and get it fixed. Dont drink it. Might be leaking sewage.
>>
>>70772944
Shhhhh convince op that its safe bby
>>
>>70772266
>I remember acouple times we've had "extra chlorinated" water before, & you could definitely smell it, we never got a reason why. ...
Here is why.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_chlorination#History
>Permanent water chlorination began in 1905, when a faulty slow sand filter and a contaminated water supply led to a serious typhoid fever epidemic in Lincoln, England.[3] Dr. Alexander Cruickshank Houston used chlorination of the water to stop the epidemic.
Once in a while they need to clean pipes as well, from bacteria and algaes or some other shit.

Had also recently episode with heavy chlorinated water, havent drunk chlorinated water for so long at first I was freaked out, googled for dishwasher hoses that could cause this taste and plastic pipes and shit.
The worst thing was that it tasted worse after boiling, every damn coffee I drunk tasted horrible.

But yeah, its either week of horrible tasting coffee or couple weeks of cholera.
>>
>>70772266
Do you live in Flint, Michigan? What are those bottles to the left?
>>
>>70773408
>(Pic not related but smell related)
Did crooked teeth obfuscated lower part of OP's post?
>>
Hey dumbass, thank your local senator for that sweet ol fracking u got in there
>>
>>70772266
fix water heater and get a filter
>>
>>70772266
I wouldn't even boil that shit holy fuck.

>Trip dubs

WITNESSED!
>>
>>70773850
water heater is working still though.
Can it 'leak into the water supply' of the home ?

>>70772337
I actually thought it would've been this last night, because the previous night I crushed a fuck ton of Hamm's canned beer with my buddies.
But that was 2 nights ago, & the water is still like that today.

>>70772373
My Deutsche ancestor, I agree;
fuck fracking but I'm pretty sure there is none with in a large radius to where I'm at in the Midwest.
>>70772440
^this
>>70772563
^i will eventually, but atm I'm not stepping out for awhile
>>70772601
So I'm gonna get slammed for saying this but,,,
I'm off the Mississippi River on the Illinois Iowa border.
( the Quad Cities )
I think previously when our waters been extra chlorinated it's been because,
(& the media doesn't say it)
All of the spring rains wash all of the pesticides fertilizers & all that shit off of the farms into the streams & then the big old 'muddy,
inbetween all of the large & small cities up & down the river.
They in return , I think, nuke our treated water with extra chlorine to Sterilize it off and all of that.

But this time around its different.
It straight up smells like arm-pits :-[

>>70772641
:(

>>70772812
Yea LA is crazy, Hans. Visit it sometime. Go rape a gook & toss her into a water tower.

>>70772983
Thanx, I am legit woried. No 1 in my area is posting about it on facebook yet but I'm expecting I might see others to do so soon.
It's Happened before when extra chlorinated
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 901x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 901x600
>>70773693
I'm pretty positive there's no fracking close to where I'm at.
>>70773391
Thank you /b/ased /pol/ock kebab remover
>>70773408
thankfully no,
Quad Cities Illinois - Iowa
>>70774062
Triple dubs are based
>>
>>70772266
>The water has an odor smell, that of rust or body odor armpit. It still continues as of now.

It's just typical hard water. It's not harmful to you.

If it bothers you get a reverse osmosis filter and be done with it.
>>
My well water has 9 ppm dissolved iron in it that will oxidize to that color if allowed to sit for an hour. Nothing wrong, just gives it a weird taste. I use an iron filter to oxidize and remove the iron.

If your water softener has a metal tank (like most) and the sacrificial anode is depleted you can also get rust from the tank walls building up. Running a high volume of water out all at once can swirl it up and out of the tank. Use of cheap unions at the nipples can also add iron to the tank.

My softener is a polybutylene tank with all brass / copper / stainless fittings throughout. No rust, no corrosion, etc - works great.
>>
>>70772266
This happened to me yesterday in minnesota
>>
File: pochemu.jpg (132 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
pochemu.jpg
132 KB, 450x360
>>70774717
>all that pubic hair
>>
>>70776097

It's acceptable pubic hair, seeing as how it's mostly straight.

The only time pubic hair is unacceptable is when it's curly. There is nothing worse than disgusting pubic hair that looks like a nigger's head.
>>
>>70776097
top lel

>>70776096
I think all the recent spring rains washing shit off the farmlands has something to do with it.
& the media is certainly suppressed, at least somewhat a bit,about the topic

>>70776011
>>70775926
thank you.
Hoping it's not gonna make me sick or be nothing to worry about.
I'll take what you said into consideration
>>
Yay Repubelickers
>>
>>70776606

>Canadian education

Yes the fact that there is iron dissolved in the alluvial waters all over North America is somehow the fault of the Republicans.
>>
File: 1444956679745.jpg (80 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1444956679745.jpg
80 KB, 398x500
>>70772266
do you live in the city, in the suburbs, or in a rural area?
>>
>>70776097
>He likes to fuck pre-pubescent children
>>
>>70776011

edit: Water *HEATER

All metal tank water heaters have magnesium or aluminum sacrificial anodes that slowly dissolve to prevent dielectric corrosion of the tank walls. The bad part is they will give a well water smell due to anaerobic bacteria than can live in the tank and feed on the magnesium in the absence of chlorine (from municipal) or oxygen (from an iron filter). If you're on well with these bacteria you can sometimes tell when your anode is gone because the "rotten egg" well water smell goes away and you start to see rust in the bath water.

For me it required going to a Rheem Marathon polybutylene tank and replacing all the plumbing fittings with copper / brass / stainless, which all have similar electronegative potential. Copper pipes + iron fittings + salt (softened water) = very fast corrosion, like tank rots out in 18 months fast. This is why you need a sacrificial anode if you have a metal tank. Depending on your water they can be used up in 2 to 5 years, then your tank rusts out fast.
>>
>>70776844
does that make women who shave their legs and armpits pre-pubescent children as well?
>>
>>70776791
inner heart of the city right outside downtown. ...

>>70776844
Kek
>>
>>70774717
Call the city/company that gets you water.
>>
>>70777027
I'd imagine the water supply problem would get fixed pretty quickly then...

since you said this shit started yesterday evening, I'd say you're probably making a big deal out of nothing, the water company just hasn't been able to fix the problem yet...
>>
>>70777012
No, they're trying to appeal to the pedophiliac tendencies of modern society. I don't blame them.

>Current year
>Not going full natty
>>
>>70776771
It is. You're idiots. Reap what you sow. Fracking? Nah. Democrats' fault. Changing the buying of water from lakes to rivers? Democrats' fault. There is not one Dem Governor in these affected states. It is not the whole of North America. Better get the Home Depot water purification squad out there
>>
Rotten egg smell?
>>
The free market will fix it. Just be patient.
>>
>>70772266
just sharpie in pooper and forget about it
>>
>>70777319
>Fracking
Fracking did not cause hard water across the Midwest you dolt.

There are some areas which have been negatively impacted by fracking but hard water is an issue across the whole of the world.

>There is not one Dem Governor in these affected states

Yes but let's not talk about the poison coal mine water water across Southern Democrat territory now. Or the missing mountains.

>checks flag

Oh that explains it.
>>
>>70772266
Nah it's fine, unless you live in Louisiana in which case watch out for brain-eating amoebas.
>>
File: sanders.jpg (135 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
sanders.jpg
135 KB, 1200x799
>>70772266

Bernie Sanders just tweeted about it:

>Today, people living in Bucharest, Romania have access to much cleaner water than most of the US. That's unacceptable and must change.

#feelthebern
>>
>>70777506
muh sides m8

>>70777436
Other anons posting about well water, rusty color & Rotten egg smell,
I've encountered that a lot before with people with well water,

but I'm on the city water & no rotten fart egg smell,
it's just this low volume, armpit body odor smell

>>70777259
I hope

>>70777116
Going to soon, I'm sure they'll lie & I'll have to wait on the phone line forever
>>
>>70774717
I have been wanting to try this myself. This just be what we need. Does not account for needs such as toliet or shower, that would be an easy plumb though. If the laws in your state permit of course.
>>
>>70777436

Yeah, it would help if your could describe the smell better. If it's a rotten egg smell, it's something anaerobic which is usually manganese- or iron-bacteria from a well. Municipal water supplies usually add 2-3ppm chlorine and aeration that created an oxidative environment that kills these harmless bacteria. It's an aesthetics issue that customers on municipal supplies demand, even those the bacteria are harmless.

If it's a "pond scum" smell it could be an algal bloom from the source water. Sometimes after periods of heavy rain municipal supplies have their intake source water all agitated and all sorts of organics (algae, fish poop, etc) get sucked in. They often add extra chlorine to deal with it, but that sometimes gives the tell-tale "swimming pool" smell of chloramines, which are chlorine reacted with these organics. Anyone who has dealt with heavily used spas knows the difference in smell between chlorine (clean) and chloramine (pooly) odor.

In your case, if it smells like a pond call the water supply company, tell them the symptoms, and ask if there are any boil orders or advisories.

I'd still check out your water heater's anode and flush the rust out of the tank (power off, hook a hose to it, open up a faucet, and open the bottom valve to blow the rust out).

There is a shitton of things you can do to improve your water, but one thing at a time. Most municipal water supplies in the US are perfectly safe.
>>
>>70777855
I've actually been doing a super super crude 'Jerry-rigged' version of this,
just to be a hippy tree-hugger faggot conservationalist,;
so that we can throw rain water
on to the lawn & victory garden
instead of it just being on cement, the paved streets & alley, & building structure,
>>
>drinking water directly from the faucet
You americans are disgusting. Mosanto doesn't even need much effort to destroy you people's health.
>>
>>70777769
He's going to make romanian water worse?
>>
>>70777769
so what he's saying is Romanians should prepare for US shit-tier water quality
>>
>>70778232

Ha. We're so rich in the US, we purify the water we flush our toilets with.

Sorry, we're not Brasil.
>>
>>70778228
If the tap turns yellow like in Flint, consider boiling, filtering and drinking what you have going. That kind of water is not healthy for you at all. Take it first hand i live about an hour from Flint.
>>
>>70778232
it's uncommon not to drink tap water here, is your water supply that shit?
>>
>>70778285
>>70778329
Are you two fucking stupid or blind?
>>
>>70778193
>>70777849
>>70777769
^this
thank you, this was most helpful.

Yes in the previous past we have definitely had a chlorine smell,

But currently it is I suppose could say matching your
'Pond-smell' description.
Smells like armpits.

That's what I'll ask when I call them is if there's a boil-order
>>
>>70777624
Excuses excuses. You're a shit party of big government. Of big corporatocracy. You ruined the global economy and you work for zionism
>>
>>70778409
>>70778574
We're Portugal children.
We will never drink the same water dogs drink.
I think this may be some shitty anglo thing.
>>
>>70778575
can't take a joke?

here's a joke for you: canadian dollar
>>
>>70778654
And I never voted for Trudeau so shove it
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>70772266
>2006+10
>not living in remote as fuck bushland
>not surviving purely of rainwater
>not having a bore running off solar on your 100+ acre property
>not stopping in the nearest library to shitpost of their free wifi
>actually drinking tapwater

Shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>70774717
>I'm off the Mississippi River on the Illinois Iowa border.
>( the Quad Cities )

You probably have a burst pipe somewhere that's letting soil in. Happened to my aunt, the nasty color and smell is because of the sulfur that's in the soil.
>>
>>70778743
As opposed to the Serbian Sea Shell or whatever the fuck it is you use?
>>
>>70772266
Buy a fucking water filter. Start looking at 123 filters. I got a good RO system from there for under $500
>>
>>70778654
>You ruined the global economy and you work for zionism

Wait until we nuke you.
>>
>>70772337
t. never had non-city florida water
>>
Does the government only let this happen in black cities because they don't notice? They don't shower and only drink purple drank, so who will know the water is tainted?
>>
>>70778975
Nukes don't exist. And do you want your Pink House blown down again?
>>
>>70772266
I am a Engineer with a Msc in Drinking water and wastewater treatment. That looks very wrong. But it could just be that the supplier is flushing the pipes to clean it. But in that case they SHOULD have told you beforehand and closed that off.

Don't drink the water.

>I remember acouple times we've had "extra chlorinated" water before, & you could definitely smell it, we never got a reason why. ...

That does not sound like a good solution, at least not if it's colored. TAKE A SAMPLE... Because if it is colored and they just add chlorine to it, then that likely creates carceniogenic molecules like Trihalomethanes. If their solution to polluted drinking water is to just add Chlorine to it then they might be incompetent. Chlorine do not add color, it REMOVES color if anything. (Chlorine removes color by "oxydising" large molecules that gives color and breaks them up)

So if they claim it is "extra chlorinated" get it to a lab, check for "trihalomethanes" (you likely have some government agency that deals with food and drink and they might do that for free) and then check if it is above safe levels. If it is unsafe then sue them

But it might be perfectly fine water, just with color and smell. The color COULD be from humic organic substances (dead plants) and in that case it is not dangerous. If you get your water from a lake that might be the case, then you can drink it perfectly fine, it just has a smell and a taste. If you live in a rural area then this is common, and perfectly fine to drink. Just taste and smell nasty, which SHOULD be fixed in the wastewater treatment plant.
>>
File: chortling elves.jpg (115 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
chortling elves.jpg
115 KB, 300x269
>>70772337
>He doesn't have a well on his property
>>
File: FluorideUS.jpg (363 KB, 711x1030) Image search: [Google]
FluorideUS.jpg
363 KB, 711x1030
>be american
>get shot
>don't have clean drinking water
>drink it anyway
>become retarded

I can drink my shower water and we flush with cleaner water than you get in bottles.

How does it feel to be nr 1?
>>
>>70778654
I personally own more gold than your government.
>>
>>70779596
same goes for germany
>>
>>70779686
I never voted for himmmm. So I do too
>>
>>70779448
OK we'll use a combination of nerve gas, cluster bombs and MOABs instead.
>>
>>70779495

Note that dissolved "clear" iron when exposed to chlorine will oxidize to orange. It could also be, again, that his water heater is rusting out. See how he's running the water full blast? That's a tell tale sign that he could be stirring rust up from the bottom of his water heater.

t. MS Chemisty
>>
>>70779764
Fuck off and eat me. Do any of that and we don't have any enemies for a reason. And the ones we do. The ones you created are more scared of us than anybody else. Elements like you are the only ones left. Do it and see Mexico UK and who knows whoever else just destroying you. Just like the first time. You are a country because we stopped SUBSIDISING your tea so you called it a tax. And HM still owns your ass despite your imaginings
>>
>>70779890

kek * chemistry
(wine)
>>
>>70779596
>MFW I'm in a 0-25% state
>>
>>70772266
Water pipe could have broken.
Call your water utility. Check your neighborhood for boil orders.
Happened to me once. Took them like two days to fix it.
It was cooling pouring a glass in the morning and seeing it settle throughout the day. By night there was a defined layer of sand and silt at the bottom with murky water on top.
>>
>>70772266

>tfw Oregon

No floridation, clean water. Feels good man
>>
>>70779890

Add: here's the way to check this. Fill the sink with hot water. Orange? OK, now fill the sink with cold water. No color? Your water heater is rusting.

Color both times? It's from the city.
>>
haha get fucked flyover faggot

t. vengeful calfornian returning the bantz
>>
>>70772266
Hydrogen sulfide makes tap water smell like rotten eggs. It's not harmful just annoying.
>>
>>70779596
Enjoy it while it lasts.
I honestly wish the best for sweedish people.
>>
File: 090309-f-0001w-0001.jpg (74 KB, 660x463) Image search: [Google]
090309-f-0001w-0001.jpg
74 KB, 660x463
>>70779900
>Fuck off and eat me. Do any of that and we don't have any enemies for a reason.

Ohhh you're starting to lose your grip on the English language my ching chong poo in loo Muslim friend!

>And the ones we do. The ones you created are more scared of us than anybody else.

Yes ISIS is quaking in fear now that Trudeau said he'd stop bombing them and supporting the mission in any way.

>Elements like you are the only ones left.

Sometimes I feel that way, being a patrician in a world of plebs is sometimes alienating. But then I realize it's a million times better than you, a rubber-stamp clone, one of a billion Muslims, Chinese, or Indians.

>Do it and see Mexico UK and who knows whoever else just destroying you.

I happen to be a Freemason and I have it on the *HIGHEST* authority that we could destroy any major city in a matter of hours without using any conventional, nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons, and leave everything intact, and no I'm not talking about the neutron bomb. You haven't even seen our real power, unless you've seen a UFO you haven't even gotten a glimpse of it.

>Just like the first time.

The first time we kicked your asses, at Saratoga you learned the difference between Americans and the rest.

>You are a country because we stopped SUBSIDISING your tea so you called it a tax.

Um ok, I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

>And HM still owns your ass despite your imaginings

No, she's about finished and so is the entire Empire. You won't survive as a Muslim, Chink, Indian power. The Royal Family will cling on for another generation max, which is right about the time Canada and the UK become Sharia-only zones.

Meanwhile I'll be toasting your collective demise from my rural mountain fortress.
>>
>>70772266
dude you got chicken broth on tap. bottle and sell that shit.
>>
>>70779890
>Note that dissolved "clear" iron when exposed to chlorine will oxidize to orange.

That might be the case, we usually get rid of the iron before chlorination here, so I did not know that.

> It could also be, again, that his water heater is rusting out. See how he's running the water full blast? That's a tell tale sign that he could be stirring rust up from the bottom of his water heater.

Could really be a lot of different things. >>70780165 has a good experiment. But if this is water from the city that is "extra chlorinated" due to farm runoff then it looks like serious mismanagement. The water should not have that color after chlorination, at least not if there are a lot of organic compounds which reacts with the chlorine.

I assume that it must be something that is not harmful since they let it happen all the time, but if we don't know.
>>
>>70780520
You idiot Stone Cutter. Falling since the Apple. Go fall some more. You think you know everything. All you do is lie so the human race can be counted for your stinky egg man. Count me out. Go live your D&D fantasies in the bottom of a cave with Count Chocula. Maybe make an anti Masonic party again
>>
>be american
>drink water
>get poisoned
>get out of hospital
>get shot
>get out of hospital again and make it home safely this time
>make fun of every other country and call yourself superior
>>
>>70776011
I wanted to add:

>reverse osmosis
slow (less water pressure)
more expensive
tea and coffee dramatically improved

>Water softener
leaves a grody slimy feeling that never washes away
makes poor tea and coffee
>>
>>70780752
That's all? I thought I had you legitimately triggered there.

The "human race" is made up mostly of cucks and sheep. Why let them lead the world when they can't even look up from their grazing?
>>
>>70780813
Don't forget
>pay $100k medical bill
>>
what state and county op. i'm in allegan michigan. water is good. but our waterinfrastructure is starting to fail nation wide we neef to reconstruct all water systems nation wide. i am going to write every billionare nation wide and see if they will help state governments fix all wzter plants and infrastructures..
>>
>>70780904
Worry about yourself. When a boy or a girl is born he doesn't know the good or the bad in his parents. This is what you guys confuse. This is what we had; as adults prior to your mowing of the Garden. You say you are the liberators and God the oppressor? Well things used to go better and you guys aren't doing anything except Mayan babby sacrifice. I thought we were talking about shitty third world poisoned water? Anyways enjoy your little club. You're going to need it
>>
>>70780945
Also from MI pretty much this
>>
>>70780826

My system from ground to tap:
Well pump
Fe air-injecting oxidizing filter (9ppm iron)
Water softener ----> bathing, washing
5 stage R/O system with pressure pump
Final carbon block filter ---> drinking, cooking

We use R/O because our total dissolved solids, even after softening, is too high for my liking (1200ppm Na+). With the booster pump it drops it down to about 150 ppm.

The softener is for the R/O membrane life, and also for cleaning. I actually don't mind the slimy feeling when bathing, our clothes look great, and I don't have to use CLR all the time.

Our R/O system is rated at 50 gpd and we have a 9 gallon tank. Works perfectly. The carbon and sediment filters are cheap and replaced every 6 months ($12 / set). The R/O membrane is replaced annually ($40).
>>
>>70781391
Nice setup, we just drink the ground water but it comes from a deep mountain aquifer.

Sometimes the artesian wells around here shoot up 4' into the air after it rains.
>>
>>70781072
You just came in here to vent spleen anyway you fucking cuck, I don't know why you're acting all butthurt.
>>
>>70781596

Sierras / Cascades? My brother lives in the Cascades. His water is naturally soft and pure. Needs absolutely nothing. I'm jealous as all hell.

Our water has iron (red stains on houses from sprinklers), is super hard (well over 100 gr/gallon), and has some radon in it (Ohio). We're supposed to treat the carbon filters as nuclear waste when disposing of them because the block filters sequester radon. kek.

I miss the municipal water we had in Chicagoland. Naturally soft and clean, and cheap.
>>
>>70781673
Because in what I read it says it's better that guys like you be drowned in an ocean with concrete around your neck. You came in here with your threats. Do you really not think anybody would oppose you? It's not right or natural that which you do. But I don't really need to be talking to you. Do not worry yourself about what I think and leave it all be
>>
618 fag here water went to shit3 months ago
>>
>>70782251
Pacific Coast range actually.

I grew up in MS and we had a well and the water was all brown and tasty and I like it even still except for making coffee or tea. Turns everything brown though.
>>
>>70782380
>You came in here with your threats.
Your very existence here in the West is a threat.

>Do you really not think anybody would oppose you?

Nobody is capable of opposing those with Providence on their side.
>>
>>70776925
Why not use glass? Seems like a cheap, inert alternative.
>>
>>70782633
My light shines against the darkness and I'm wearing what I should be. Your darkness tries ever so hard but cannot ever make righteous purity retreat. It's a simple decision and there is no threat here. Only you.
>>
>>70772266
We learnt many things when we conquered the globe but none were as.important as the never let an Indian control food and water rule
I'm guessing the water plant has new management
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 544x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 544x422
>>70778578
>>70772266
>>70772266
>>70782251
I grew up & am in Chicago often myself & the water there seems to be usually not too fucked up
Until there's an industrial spill in the lake or one of the rivers.

Sidenote though on that topic:
fuck the complete gentrification there in Chicago (& other Great Lake cities for that matter),
as long as spills into the waterways don't continue,
I rather see men be able to go work jobs on the water ways for their sake;
city get some tax incentive from it,
& it's not just replaced by a luxury hi-rise condo full of yippie soul-less shills

>>70780348
^I think it's this & 'pond scum smell.'

Idk if it'll fuck me up but I don't wanna take chances.

& if the boys up stream from me in Minnesota are saying they have same problems it makes me worry a lil.

>>70781391
>>70781596
This is on point

>>70780945
Quad Cities Illinois Iowa.
I been to your parts of Michigan.
Kinda same deal got goin on,...

>>70780678
/b/ased nord Viking knows his shit,..
>>
>>70782799

Interesting that you mention that.... all of the current water heaters available fall into two groups: metal tanks (98%) and plastic tanks (Rheem Marathon, 2%).

Now, the metal tanks actually are "glass-lined", but it's a spray-on process that can never coat the whole inside of the tank evenly. There are invariably thin spots, and the glass always develops cracks that allow the water to contact the bare metal, especially if sediment is never flushed from the tank. They know this, and so add the sacrificial anodes to reduce the corrosion rate of the metal tank, at least for as long as the warranty lasts.

But here are three little ugly truths of modern water heaters:
1. the EPA mandated efficiency requirement mandate the use of thinner walls on the tanks, thinner glass coatings, and thicker insulation blankets. All three of these conspire to reduce the life of the tanks. Tanks used to last 10-20 years. Now you're lucky to get 6 years out of a heater.
2. the sacrificial anodes are there to reduce corrosion of the tank for the length of the warranty. If you shop for new heaters, you'll notice they usually have a "good/ better/ best" warranty system. There is no difference in the tank or lining construction, but the main difference is the size of the sacrificial anode. Cheap ones have short anodes, expensive ones have large anodes. They know that the VAST majority of owners won't bother to replace the anodes, let alone check on them. So they sell the heaters by the size of the anode, knowing people who blew a lot more money on a "premium" heater expect a longer tank life.
3. Most people never bother to flush out their water heaters, never replace the heating elements, and never check their anodes. They just want to replace them when they fail and bitch about it.

If the tanks were built better (not as efficient), if people took better care of them, if they weren't so cheap...
>>
>>70783134
Wow dude.
>>
>>70783937
Huh, that's an interesting perspective. I'm not too keen on a plastic tank because of xeno-estrogens, and a metal tank that holds an oxidizing agent just seems silly, unless it's made of platinum or some other expensive noble metal...
>>
>>70784948
I agree,.. Water likes to try to absorb whatever it touches So fuck a petroleum based product.

In said situation, what do you suggest as Good alternative?
>>
>>70784546
Good; 'wow'. Ya fucken weirdo
>>
>>70785602
Well at least I don't believe in a Copernican model like some pleb.
>>
>>70785903
>>70785602
Lol are you fags RP'ing or something
>>
>>70785517
I'd go back to the glass one, if it can be reliably made. EPA restrictions are silly.
>>
>>70772266
Grab a lighter or a match and see if the water catches on fire, be very carefull doing it as it might cause a small explosion, it might be fracking water.
>>
>>70775392
>I'm pretty positive there's no fracking close to where I'm at.
Are you aware there have been cases of fracking being done withoun't warning the neighboorhoods?
>>
>>70781391
you should get a UV lamp for your final stage. it'll kill any living thing in your water
>>
>>70777319
>fracking
fracking isnt the thing that puts lead in the water tard
>>
>>70772266

Could be a whole lot of things. you live in a rural area? Friend's family couldn't drink their tap water for 5 years due to runoff from a local cow pasture contaminating their well and turning their water into fecal contaminated shit.

Saw an episode of Infested once and people had a fucking giant snake colony under their home, the piss contaminated their well and it was off-color water that smelled like onions or some shit that was nasty.

Like I said, could be any of a lot of things, but conspiracy stuff is probably the least likely of it all. Other weird shit is probably the cause.
>>
>>70772266
STOP PISSING IN THE SINK YOU DEGENERATE
>>
File: images(43).jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images(43).jpg
10 KB, 275x183
>>70772812
Op there is a rotting body somewhere in the system. Make sure to get you a good long shower and even bottle some of dat shit before the city cleans it up.
>>
>>70790217
>Make sure to get you a good long shower and even bottle some of dat shit before the city cleans it up.
Why would OP do something that morbid?
>>
File: 1460126241903.jpg (62 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
1460126241903.jpg
62 KB, 440x600
>>70790454
Because op is a giant faggot.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.