[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>corporal punishment was used in traditional societies for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
>corporal punishment was used in traditional societies for millennia
>only in the degenerate 20th century, when parents started treating kids like special snowflakes, did it subside

>/pol/ is largely against corporal punishment

Explain yourselves.
>>
>pol is one person

If you don't spank your child, don't expect them to be disiplined.
>>
>>70765950
/pol/ is mainly for corporal punishment. and getting swatted once or twice would probably do most kids good.

i used to get beat weakly with a belt until i got welts for the smallest infractions. it only taught me that once i broke the rules i might as well go all out, since the punishment will be the same. and how to accept pain. and how to mind fuck my dad. when he finally realized beating the shit out of me didn't work anymore he kicked me out. at the age of 15.
>>
>>70766685
If it gets to the point where you have to spank them, you've already failed. Spanking should be for actions the child can't understand the consequences of in the moment like running out into the street. If your solution every time they do something you don't like is to spank them it's already too late. You're a fully grown human both physically and mentally and if you're not match for a child then that's just too bad.
>>
>>70765950
Sadly, women are so degenerate, they would actually like pic related.
>>
File: 0iHv6Np.webm (735 KB, 496x360) Image search: [Google]
0iHv6Np.webm
735 KB, 496x360
nothing wrong with corporal punishment
>>
>>70767222
Why would I waste my time explaining a concept to an idiot when I can beat it into him? "Do this and get hurt". Simple and not a waste of time. He can form his own idea of why what he did was bad, and becomes more free thinking as well as more disciplined.

I was never beaten as a child, and I turned out fucking awful. My parents always tried to explain to me why shit I did was wrong, and I just didn't care. I didn't respect them because I had no reason to. I'm not good at anything except shitposting, I have no moral compass, no prospects, and will probably kill myself within the year. Everybody I know with similar situations turned out awful as well.

Even assuming that you're right and I'm way off, most people are fucking stupid anyways, and should just default to spanking their children because they're too unintelligent to reason with them.
>>
>>70765950
Thanks for corporal punishment now i don't fear pain nor get hit.
>>
>>70768464
You need to have a moral compass to realize you don't have one.

May I ask if you are you working currently?
>>
>>70765950
You're full of shit. Some traditional societies never used (or continue to use) corporal punishment. Some didn't do anything more than lightly smacking or grabbing the child. Open a fucking book.
>>
>>70765950
LOL So edgy you're totally not a special snowflake.
>>
>>70768671
No, I've been unemployed for a year or two. It's not that I don't like working, I just hate looking for a job, having to constantly lie to people and sell myself. I just want to work and not think about anything, but no employer wants to hear that.
>>
>>70769850
I was in a similar position you are in and started working in construction (as an electrician specifically). Before I had a steady job I told myself the same things as you are talking about right now: I'm not good at anything, I might as well end it. It's physically demanding, but that can be nice in a way and people tend not to care what you think about as long as you get your job done.

You don't have to take my advice, but don't let yourself stagnate and don't take this place so seriously it starts to get to you.
>>
>>70765950
My dad used the belt regularly as a child and I turned out to be a fine, upstanding member of society. Parents need to smack some obedience into their kids for them to turn out right.
>>
>>70768464
Holy shit this. I acted like a fucking dick as a kid, and ALWAYS my parents tried to explain to me what I did wrong. They never, ever hit me. I turned out horribly, although I am finally starting to get my life back on track. Too little, too late, though.
>>
>>70767222
You. You and all the people who fall for this stupid feel-good bullshit philosophy are the reason I can't enjoy a movie, or a quiet meal at a restaurant, or just about any public place anymore.

Hordes of snotty, ill-mannered little shits running around screaming and the parents either ignoring them, or warning the kids they're going to get a "time-out."

If it's such a wonderful system, why are so many kids messed up these day? Parents need to teach their kids that there are boundaries and repercussions for their actions.
>>
>>70770856
You seem to be of the opinion that you either hit your kids or you don't hit your kids and that's the only choice you have to make in parenting. You can be a terrible parent otherwise and that won't really make a difference.
>>
>>70765950
I am for corporal punishment within reason. IE no objects. Thats a beating.
>>
File: 10 montenegrini commandments.jpg (432 KB, 1271x850) Image search: [Google]
10 montenegrini commandments.jpg
432 KB, 1271x850
My parents used to beat me up as a child and I turned out a nihilistic degenerate.

The friends I know who are better in life had good parents who took the time to teach and explain things.

Physical discipline only made me hate my parents more. Fuck 'em.

They knew damn well what they were doing because they would lie about it to other people.

When we were alone, though... Smack! Smack! Smack!

I learned "telling the truth = belt".

When I started doing drugs at 14 my mother instead of talking to me, kept up with the fear and the intimidation.

"There's someone at your school who's telling me what you do and who you hang out with"

Oh yeah, bitch? That only resulted in me only hanging out with druggies and punks because I knew they weren't the ones snitching on my parents.

I'm a complete fuck up, I hate myself, I'm never good enough. That's what they used to tell me as a child: "You'll never be nothing! You're a shitty son!".

Well, guess you guys were right. Now you pay my shit, you're embarrassed of me, you have to stay quiet when your colleagues tell about how successful and happy their kids are.

I don't give a fuck. I was born to be an edgy retard.
>>
>>70765950
Hitting your children/spouse to dissuade negative habits is literally nigger tier.
>>
>>70765950
>>70767757
>>>/d/ is that way
>>
>>70767222
Children don't understand words and barely understand consequences, this meme that you can treat your child like a 20 year old needs to die a painful death.
>>
>>70772586
>Children don't understand words

Then you have much bigger parenting problems than discipline.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.