[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should universal healthcare be guaranteed to all members of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Healthcare-Homepage.jpg (3 MB, 3503x2500) Image search: [Google]
Healthcare-Homepage.jpg
3 MB, 3503x2500
Should universal healthcare be guaranteed to all members of a just and egalitarian society?
>>
Yes, but most of the world doesn't live in a "just and egalitarian society".
>>
>>70741851
>just and egalitarian
Those are incompatible.

In a just society, no.
In an egalitarian society, yes.

In a practical society, also yes. But only if people can get over other people getting something for free if it saves money elsewhere.
>>
>>70741851
You do realize that Ameriga already has """universal""" """healthcare""" right
>>
>>70742148
Not everyone can afford life-saving treatments, like cancer treatments, though. Some people can, though. Shouldn't all individuals be guaranteed equal basic needs to maintain their lives through life-saving treatment?
>>
>>70742272
if the technology and treatments are available, that is
>>
>>70741851

>universal healthcare

Define how you would achieve this.
>>
>>70742582
>completely eliminate the private sector of medicine - make it state run w/government salaries for physicians
>save money, distribute physicians more evenly to cover all parts of the country
>>
>>70741851
Depends on the type of society you're trying to run. Universal healthcare is not inherent to justice or egalitarianism.
>>
>>70743468
>taking away all incentive to improve
>start assigning people sectors to work in under threat of death regardless of their own desires like the Soviet Union
That will obviously produce a successful medical system. Good job bro.
>>
>>70741851
yes, I have the right to eat healthy and exercise
>>
>>70743468
pay them less, less people become doctors because there are no rewards for doing such, shortage on doctors, wait a year for a procedure...see Britin and Canada
>>
>>70741851
In a just society universal healthcare is not required as there are no parasites to prop up.
>>
>>70743770
>>>70743468 (You)
a different kind of applicants would be seeking medschool - people who actually want to help others and aren't in it for the money - wouldn't that be better for healthcare as a whole?
>>
>>70743468

Absolutely and entirely retarded.

"Have the government fund all of it".

The way you achieve "universal healthcare" is by subsidizing growth and improvement of the health sector. Health needs to be a free market, only when health services compete with eachother to offer the cheapest and qualitative treatment will the price decrease to "everyday working man" type levels.

The government paying for it causes absolute disasters.
>>
>>70741851
I think we either need private or universal. I prefer private because it means I don't get taxed into a system I don't use and we'll have better healthcare
>bud wud if you gid cancer
>wud if beeble gid cancer
Then I can die in the streets happy
>>
>>70744069
then why do people boast about Switzerland's healthcare system and complain about USA's?
>>
>>70744014
The kind who will give you bleach to drink for a sore throat. I don't want a bleeding heart, I want a functioning brain
>>
>>70744857

>then why do people boast about Switzerland's healthcare system and complain about USA's?

What?

Its pretty normal for Americans to go "but look at how nice it is in Europe" and refer to all the closet-communism we have going on here. Non-argument.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.