[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are, by design and self designation, supposed to be a liberal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: eagle reaction.jpg (30 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
eagle reaction.jpg
30 KB, 480x320
We are, by design and self designation, supposed to be a liberal democracy, correct? In an optimal liberal democracy, by definition, political power should be distributed more or less equally. We can assume achieving this equality should be a priority of any responsible government.

I think we can also safely assume that the direct correlation between wealth and political influence means that, functionally, we can argue simply that "Wealth = Power".

Now if we take these two assumptions together this renders any massive individual accumulation of wealth a de facto undemocratic concentration of political power (e.g. Tyranny). Therefore an effective democracy cannot co-exist with mass iniquity.

This renders self-contradictory any argument that commerce regulation and wealth redistribution are in principle either unfair, tyrannical, or undemocratic.

Founding capitalist theorist Adam Smith wrote:

“Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.”

Don't you think it should be the other way around?
>>
>>70727723
No.
>>
>>70727986

Why not?
>>
>>70727723

>I think we can also safely assume that the direct correlation between wealth and political influence means that, functionally, we can argue simply that "Wealth = Power".

Here's where you fucked up
>>
>>70728052

How is that incorrect?
>>
>>70727723
"We" Who's we?
>>
>>70727986
FPBP

>oh we'll just take all the rich people's money and give it to the poor
>oh what's this, people have stopped innovating and building businesses because half their income is being stolen from them?
>oh what's this? the poor people we hand money to like it's candy have stopped working altogether?
>Oh no! All of our richest citizens have left the country and renounced citizenship because it's too expensive to live there? Who could have seen this coming?!
>>
>>70728568
because the only two options are to have gross income inequality or communism?
>>
>>70728075
Wealth only gives you power over the weak and easily manipulated.

>be me
>in court
>rich english man tries to sue me for bringing alcohol to his house
>hires a lawyer that is well known for owning in court
>defend myself and say "I don't need representation, I have nothing to hide"
>lawyer shits self and can't refute my credibility
>case closed

It's all in how you play the game.
>>
>>70727723
>power should be distributed equally
Incorrect - whereas the assumption of the liberal democrat is that equitable distribution of power will automatically translate into net positives for society in general. This is not guaranteed and there are plenty of examples of power none the less concentrating albeit in less overt ways.

What is needed though is the equitable exercise of power. This is increasingly seen less and less and the system is no longer about achieving outcomes for society but rather enacting political agendas and implementing ideologies blindly with no consideration of the needs or capacities of society to cope.

Ultimately this abuse of power not the unequal distribution is what contributes to an unequal society.
>>
>>70728895
To elaborate a bit more; we trashed the joint and I fucked his daughter and he paid for the abortion.
>>
>>70728895
>I have nothing to hide
Court doesnt work that way goyim
>>
>>70727723
we arent a democracy you faggot. we're a republic. the US was designed with the intent to NOT be a democracy.

and no. as a living person, you have the right to shape the earth as you see fit because you have liberty and you are free.
for a faggot to come up, having no land, and demand that you share, or not do something, you have the right to fuck them up the ass through the law.

these same rights protect you in the case of a corporation bullying you. however, it is up to you to understand the law, or find someone who does, and protect yourself THROUGH the law
>>
>>70728568
>Implying people won't still work for a feeling of accomplishment and fulfilment

If people only did the work they do to make money then everyone would be stock brokers or some boring shit like that
>>
>>70728990
Yes it does. It boosts your credibility through the roof when someone makes a claim against you, especially a lawyer who has graduated law school.

You can use money to create the illusion of power and confidence or you can use power and confidence to create the illusion of wealth.
>>
>>70729093
This.

The law is a beautiful thing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.