[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, /pol/ ? Also why Italy and Greece had 0 fleet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: spanishfleet.jpg (1 MB, 2457x1871) Image search: [Google]
spanishfleet.jpg
1 MB, 2457x1871
What went wrong, /pol/ ?

Also why Italy and Greece had 0 fleet and colonies ?
>>
>>70724933

Both Italy and Greece were non-states and fragmented/belonging to another state during the colonial period. Rome and classical Greece had plenty of fleets and colonies.

How do you even have brain to get on a computer in your gypsy caravan, Macedonia?
>>
>>70725059
To what state Italy belonged ?
>>
We had colonies faggot during the classical age. During the colonial period we were part of the Ottoman empire.
>>
File: greek.png (53 KB, 144x200) Image search: [Google]
greek.png
53 KB, 144x200
>>
>>70725184
It didnt unify yet. Greece was under Ottoman rule
>>
>>70725059
>How do you even have brain to get on a computer in your gypsy caravan, Macedonia?

I bet his internet is faster than yours.
>>
>>70725295
Also why France didnt had any Fleets in Americas ?
>>
>>70724933
Classical Italy had the half of Europe
Colonial Italy had Libya, Somalia and shortly Ethiopia

Classical Greeks where never truly unified so they could never colonize.
Colonial Greeks where ruled by Turks
>>
>>70725497
We had colonies in Italy , Egypt and Turkey. They became independent though. But yes we never unified that's true
>>
>>70724933
La Serenissima (republic of Venice) had many colonies, just right to you.
Durazzo, Cattaro, Corfu, along with Istria, Dalmatia and Krete, were venetian colonies.
>>
>>70725390
They did?
>>
>>70725390
They did you retard.
>>
>>70726043
>>70726127
Canada ?
>>
>>70725390
Are you retarded, Alexanderovski?
France had one of the biggest colonial empires ever.
>>
>>70726171
Canada, Louisiana and more.
>>
>>70726297
I was wondering about Americas, Mr.De Groot.

Do you guys have only Carribean islands right ?

>>70726347
Yeah i guess, still way less then Spain and Britain
>>
>>70726495
France was fucking everywhere in the Americas
You think it's called New Orleans because it sounds fancy?
We literally share a direct border with the french at Saint Martin (or Sint Maarten)
Don't forget Guyana either in south america.
>>
>>70726495
I wouldn't say way less. Also the Brittish Empire died with the Independence war where the French helped the Americans.
>>
>>70726495
We had New York(Nieuw-Amsterdam), Delaware, New Jersey, Suriname, and some Caribbean islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Maartin, Saba, Sint Eustatius)
>>
>>70724933
Italy didn't give too much of a shit about the new world, they already had fucktons of dosh, whereas Greece was under Ottoman occupation, and those faggots had a very strong naval fleet of galleys in the Mediterranean. Which are fucking useless outside of it.
>>
>>70725991
Genoa was in Crimea, parts of northern anatolia and some Greek isles as well
>>
>>70724933

Are you retarded? Italy was divided among like 10 different nations at the time and it did have fleets. The Venetian arsenal was fucking YUGE.

>>70725196

You mean you were a colony, your womens wombs getting colonized by Turk seed.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.