[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain this leafs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: come on canada.jpg (323 KB, 1684x1126) Image search: [Google]
come on canada.jpg
323 KB, 1684x1126
explain this leafs
>>
fucking americans i swear
>>
>votergrass
>legal
pick one
>>
Dude coins aren't illegal in Canada wtf?
>>
File: Canadian economy.gif (2 MB, 280x160) Image search: [Google]
Canadian economy.gif
2 MB, 280x160
>>
>>70712325
weed is not legal in canada

weedman scammed them good
>>
>>70712408
We have dollar coins. They're called the loonie and the toonie.
>>
>>70712325
Le weed man has not legalized le weed yet and pennies aren't illegal they just aren't used any more.
>>
>>70712408
We discontinued them because they cost more to make then they're worth.

We're like you where there's a few banks that dominate the market. Debit cards are almost universal now. There's a social programming thing to make the economy as transparent as possible.

>>70712466
>I can legally grow personal medical weed in my province
>sudacas try to tell me about my country
>>
>>70712580
Thank you.
>>
>>70712708
You have to get a permission to grow medical weed?

>UNA PUTA HOJA
>>
>>70712325
Why do Americans always lie?
Are they naturally dishonest people or are they trying to be more like their idols the Jews?
>>
>>70712708
>I legally grow limited amounts of marijuana for personal use only

WEEDS LEGAL BRUH
>>
>>70712994
How can weed that you are allowed to grow and possess, not be legal?

>>70712821
Yeah, a whole 5 minute skype call to a doctor. All of these regulations...
>>
>>70712980
Pretty much both.
>>
File: 1458794903843.jpg (58 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458794903843.jpg
58 KB, 480x360
>vote some faggot in to make weed legal
>weed still not legal
Why haven't you guys set him adrift yet?
>>
>>70712466
We can grow with a medical licence legally here. There are also tons of "compassion" clubs that sell weed here under the guise of medical grass. I'm from British Colombia and I think we are the furthest along in Canada at this point. There are about the same number of compassion clubs in Vancouver as all of Colorado last time I checked. All the small towns with 20-30k have at least 1-2 places and even a tiny place about 40km from me with about 400 people has a place opening April 20th, 420...
>>
>>70713247
I'd like to see that happen bro. Not cause mah weed but I'm very conservative. I'm scared he gonna cuck us all and it'll turn into yurope 2.0
>>
>>70713247
He's had to change the upper legislative body so he can make whatever bill he wants to pass.
>>
>>70712708
Cash is freedom though. That's probably why they're going after it.
>>
one is obsolete due to inflation and one isnt actually legal?
>>
>>70713505
It's more to do with tax avoidance.
>>
>>70712980
>lie
no we're just generally ill informed
>>
>>70712708
was it like that before weedman was elected?

if yes why did you elect weedman?
>>
Here's what I never understand about the anti-penny people: They want to SEIZE all the pennies already in circulation, too.

Like, okay, if I agree with you that we shouldn't waste resources on penny-production... why do we then need to collect all of them and smelt them down? Why isn't it, that, we'd stop making them and let them fade away naturally? They get bend and scraped and lost into the crevices in parkinglots... eventually there won't be any in the wild.

Why is it always "STOP PRODUCTION AND GET THEM ALL BACK!!!?" Like, do we really need to reclaim a lot of dirty zinc? And then pay to smelt it back into ingots? What's the point of that?

Once there isn't any, places will naturally round their prices up to the nearest nickel. And yes, of course, they'd round up.
>>
Maples are a scourge on the landscape.
You can't walk two paces without seeing half a dozen poking out of the roadside. Common as dirt, shit-tier tree. Most of them can't even produce syrup.
>>
>>70714043
you cannot even look at your fucking flag without seeing a fucking maple leaf
>>
>>70712325
On the left you see the shitty garbage Tory party. On the right you see the shitty garbage Liberal party.
/thread
Repeat for 150 more years
>>
>>70713907
>They want to SEIZE all the pennies already in circulation, too.
But this never happens in countries that discontinued the penny. All that happens is that pennies continue to be legal tender (forever), but when pennies are deposited at banks the banks return them to the mint (in exchange for other denominations) instead of lending them back out to the public. Within a couple months the majority of the cash supply has been circulated and pennies become less and less common. Within a year or two they're pretty much non-existent (except in people's couches) and no one misses the stupid things.
>>
>>70713907
mini jews want mini money
>>
So all my worthless canadia funbucks pennies are still worthless?
>>
>>70713696
explain to me how weed isnt legal in Canada?
>>
>>70714405
They always talk about getting them all back, like it'll be some huge economic boon, to reclaim the lost money in the zinc's metal value. And that's what I mean. Why seize the coins at the bank? Just don't put more into the system.

If that's how you guys did it, that's pretty big-brotherish. Which is what I'm saying we don't want. And we probably won't do it BECAUSE the people who advocate for it always extoll the virtue of getting the metal back. Like some larger scheme hinges on it. Even if that's NOT what they're saying, it seems that way. You can rightly argue that the metal is worthless, but people are wary because of that whole... y'know, seizing all the gold and making the paper-money into worthless IOUs. You hear people say gold is a worthless metal. And those people are not trustworthy. So someone wants to tell me a coin is worthless, I think they want something.

You can have my pennies when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.
>>
>>70714094

it's an awful flag
>>
>>70714648
>They always talk about getting them all back, like it'll be some huge economic boon, to reclaim the lost money in the zinc's metal value.
It's not a huge boon. At the same time it would be stupid to just throw that much metal away instead of recycling.

>Why seize the coins at the bank? Just don't put more into the system.
By rounding transactions to 0.05 you make the penny effectively useless, which means it stagnates in the system instead of being traded. This is both a waste of literal money (billions of dollars in the US) and a waste of the raw materials. If you don't remove pennies from circulation they just end up sitting in people's coin jars doing nothing and serving no purpose, all while tying up capital. That's arguably a worse outcome than not discontinuing the penny in the first place.

>If that's how you guys did it, that's pretty big-brotherish.
I know the US is super paranoid of der government, but there's nothing big-brotherish about it. Banks simply return pennies to the mint when they get them. Private companies and citizens are obligated to do nothing. If you want to hang on to all your pennies, you can. So can your business, unless it's a bank.

>So someone wants to tell me a coin is worthless
Here's the thing - a penny is still worth a penny. In fact I still have some myself (to the tune of about $0.70). I could take them and purchase something with them, and no one can refuse them. I might get some funny looks, but they're still legal tender and will continue to be so for decades to come.

>You can have my pennies when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.
That's entirely your prerogative. You can hang on to all the pennies you like for as long as you like. No one's going to kick down the door and take them from you. Mind you, hanging on to a huge pile of pennies isn't exactly the most financially prudent move (excepting any rarities that may have value to coin collectors), but it's entirely your choice to make.
>>
>>70714522
>explain to me how weed isnt legal in Canada?
For the general public, it's not. You can get a special license for medical marijuana, and certain companies are licensed to grow it, and certain jurisdictions will allow you to grow a few plants for your own use (for medical marijuana), but other than noted exceptions it remains illegal for the general public to grow, sell, or consume marijuana.

That said, there are LOTS of places where marijuana is de-facto decriminalized. The west coast for one, where you can even purchase it in small stores. But BC is the exception, not the rule. In most jurisdictions if you're caught with a small amount the cops will just confiscate it. The only time they're really interested is large scale production and distribution, which some jurisdictions (and border guards) still routinely crack down on. But de-facto decriminalization isn't a case of it being legal, it's a case of the local cops turning a blind eye to users (because they have more important shit to do), and the feds not having the resources to kick everyone's door down and make sure they aren't smoking a fat one on a friday night.
>>
i really dont get it.
>>
>>70715479
you can buy it in stores in BC? i live near the border in WA so it's not really interesting since i already can buy it, however I'm kinda curious what stores buy it? how do you know which ones sell it in Vancouver i assume?
>>
>>70712325
Canada is the only country with brain, this makes so much sense, why are they the only ones?
>>
File: 1460134718092.jpg (162 KB, 634x405) Image search: [Google]
1460134718092.jpg
162 KB, 634x405
>>70712325
>more like both are illegal
TOPKEK HE COULDN'T EVEN DELIVER
>>
>>70715771
https://weedmaps.com/earth/ca/british_columbia/vancouver

I know there are places on the island that sell it too. Some friends of mine are from out there and last time they went back to visit family they were laughing about a dispensary opening up near their old apartment in Nanaimo.
>>
>>70712708
>We discontinued them because they cost more to make then they're worth.
They are discontinued, but they are still legal tender, retard.

Business still have to accept them, same with banks.
>>
>>70715956
so you just walk in and get weed without a medical card even if you're an american national? interesting
>>
>>70716723
Depends on the place. Some dispensaries won't sell to anyone without a card and proper ID, others are less... strict. Everything is in a bit of a legal grey area and the rules seem to change from year to year. I don't live in BC though so it would be wise to ask a local before going on any vacations.

We're all hoping that the feds will clear up legalizing and regulating the industry in the next year or two (or three). There's lots to do and only a few other places to take examples from.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.