[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed again? Who let this get out of hand? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Why is this allowed again? Who let this get out of hand? What do we even do about this?
>>
>>70712222
supply and demand

every entitled little shit thinks it deserves a college degree
>>
Joo, we wait for a savior.
>>
>>70712222
It started to explode after 1998 and 2005, when federally-backed and then private student loans were made basically impossible to discharge through the normal bankruptcy process.

Without any signaling mechanism via default/writeoff rates, and with federal backing, schools jacked up prices and admitted students who had no business being students, loading them up with debt.

It's a disgrace. And it seems to be suppressing the white/educated birth rate of the US, making our demographic issues even worse.
>>
>>70712222
witnessed

college is not the answer for all. if assholes are paying that high without guaranteed return then let them.
>>
>>70712699
Making college more expensive doesnt stop "entitled little shits" from attempting to get an education, especially when loans are given like no ones business
>>
>>70712699
maybe employers should stop requiring a degrees for even the lowest jobs.
>>
>>70712903
Most people should not go to college. The average IQ of college grads has plummeted and the liberal arts majors are increasing in proportion to STEM.

>>70712724
Have you followed the EDMC suit? Good stuff there, cuts to the heart of it.
>>
>>70712984
They can afford to demand a degree because even people with degrees are underemployed. There's too many people competing for the fewer jobs we have each year.
>>
>>70713039
How would we even convince such people when they've pretty much been told since 1st grade that they need to go to college to be successful?
And especially when colleges let anyone in and loans are given to anyone
>>
>>70713171
Not sure but I think it involves gassing people
>>
>>70713083
But i thought lowering birthrates would be a problem in the 1st world
Seems like the real problem is theres to many people
>>
>>70713205
That cant be your answer to everything
>>
>Not being able to afford college out of pocket when you turn 18

Both my parents are scum lower class. I worked since the age of 15 after school.

Now I'm sitting in a nice board role in a fortune 500 company at the age of 26.

My parents won't get anything and I couldn't be happier
>>
>>70712222
When the kiddies wake up and hopefully realize college should be for the best and brightest, not every Suzy SJW and Nicky Numale/Tyrone dindunuffin, that will end up taking some bs meme degree and propping up the pyramid scheme.
>>
>>70713519
Like im gonna believe this
But if it was that easy youd seem more people doing it, which clearly isnt the case for many
>>
>>70712222
we wait for hitler 2.0 basically
>>
>>70712222
>Average debt per borrower
Maybe expand the statistic to people who aren't clinically retarded?
>>
>>70713583
When they wake up they'll already be in at least 10k debt
>>
>>70713039
Yeah; once the bankruptcy protections ended, "college" basically became a way for greedy university administrators to use young people as funnels for tuition money.

The kids get stuck with the bill even when the implicit deal (take on debt now in exchange for economic gains in the future) is violated.
>>
>>70713650
There's the thing. It IS that easy. The only problem, is that these "people" can't wrap their heads around something so simple.

>Turn 14
>Get job after school
>Save the money through-out highschool.

When I turned 15, I had 5K through odds and ends. That bought me 2 years at a community college. It's fucking common sense
>>
File: f03a2d201.jpg (76 KB, 793x558) Image search: [Google]
f03a2d201.jpg
76 KB, 793x558
>>70713254
There isn't.

The problem is society rapidly restructured, more women entered the workforce.
>>
>>70713949
Community college is free via federal grants for anyone who isn't retarded
But its also pretty fucking useless
You need a 4 year degree to get anywhere
>>
>>70714062
Now let's take a look at the ages 15-18 of working. What do you think paid for my masters and beyond?

We have to many parents who don't instill their kids with a solid work ethic growing up. Instead they have these jokes walking around pretending that their kids emotions matter.
>>
>>70714062
Getting a degree from a community college usually makes getting into an actual university a fair bit easier.
>>
>>70714179
What are people to do now after whats done is done? Everyone is a genius in hindsight, but people can't turn back time
Also not every teen can get a job at 15 for various reasons
>>
>>70714239
Doesn't make it any less expensive
>>
>>70714336
Every teen CAN get a job, it's just a matter on how hard they push themselves.

What do people do now? I guess that's the same question you'd ask the people trying to invest in Bitcoin today. The ship is sailed the only thing you can do is slave away at whatever job you can scrape up and lie to yourself for the rest of your life that you're happy. The damage is done.
>>
>>70714476
Thats not a very American attitude
>>
>>70714619
Oh, let me rephrase it. What do people do now that they missed the only chance to ever get ahead in life.

Remain starstruck, until the age of thirty, hoping that you stumble onto a "get rich quick" scheme. Pushing that regret of not working further back until the age of thirty. Realizing that you glory days are gone, settle for what you have and cry yourself to sleep every night.

America wasn't born on unemployed slackjobs.
>>
>>70713254
There's too few jobs. Obviously. Just what kind of genocidal impulses do people have that the first solutions they will say involves murdering people by the million?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.