[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New York's Primary 2012/16 registration deadline difference...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1457707834647.png (3 MB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
1457707834647.png
3 MB, 1500x938
(Any information confirming/debunking/correcting is more than welcomed)

Hey /pol/, I've been seeing some anti-Trump articles about Trump's kids missing the New York deadline, so I decided to do a little amateur research on why that happened, being that it seems pretty ridiculous to me considering how active they've been in his campaign, and how the Don as been constantly reminding people to register to vote.

Well, the Primary for New York is being held on April 19th. The registration deadline was October 9th (6 WHOLE FUCKING MONTHS BEFORE), which by itself, is pretty ridiculous considering that every other state, as far as I know, is no more that 60 days ahead of the Primary.

According to this source (http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/elections/2012/Primary/NYSBOEPresidentialPrimary01242012.pdf Top of page 8), the previous deadline in the 2012 Primary was April 4th (March 30th mail in date), and the Primary was April 24th.

Why was it necessary to make such a drastic change to the registration date? When did this rule change happen? Could it be an effort to prevent all of the Independents/Democrats/New voters from being able to vote Trump?
>>
File: melgibsontrump.jpg (456 KB, 650x849) Image search: [Google]
melgibsontrump.jpg
456 KB, 650x849
Bump with TRUMPOC
>>
>>70706418
yeah, its pretty retarded here
>>
>>70707989
Digging right now. Looks like horseshit to me.
>>
Trump decided to run last June
His kids had plenty of time if they honestly thought he would make it this far

They just didn't care

This will hurt Trump in the end.
Why should I vote for him if his kids didn't want to? Says a lot.
>>
>>70708228
Wasn't the deadline before Trump announced?
>>
>>70706418
Bernbots are kicking up a fuss about the registration date. Making a lot of allegations of fraud.
>>
>>70708228

What makes you think they didn't care? I believe it's more likely that it was a mistake because of the drastic, unwarranted change to the registration deadline that's not only WAY earlier than every other state in the country, but is also WAY earlier than the previous election cycle.
>>
This is why I can't vote for Trump too, but he's got it locked down anyways. I'll vote for him in the fall.
>>
File: 1452884177243.jpg (123 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
1452884177243.jpg
123 KB, 1180x842
>>70706418

OK, so after reading a few articles, I found this one that actually mentioned this:
>http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/two-trump-s-kids-missed-ny-registration-deadline-can-t-n553991?cid=sm_fb
>The deadline for new voters to register to vote in New York's closed primary was March 25, and the deadline to change party affiliation was back in October.

That could be the key. For some reason, the date to actually change party affiliation is WAY earlier for some reason. I'm still not sure if this has always been this way in New York or not, nor am I sure about it being that way everywhere else. I can say for sure that I've never heard of it. I'm a little tired but I may keep digging...
>>
>>70708665
I haven't found all of the older versions, but that part of the code was altered repeatedly.

1978, 1982, 1985, 1991, 1994 and finally 2010.

The law already had the really opaque wording that set the deadline in October of the year before the Primary in 2008.

Conspiracy end, I'm afraid. We could still try to gin up the bernie bots though. They are super pissed about this.
>>
>>70709353
It was designed to prevent party crashing in primaries. The change was specifically intended to prevent people changing party registration just to screw with the primaries.
>>
>>70709358

Thanks for the help Anon. At least this all lends a little legitimacy to missing the deadline to vote in New York. If I looked up the registration deadline and it said March, I wouldn't logically think that the deadline to CHANGE parties would be WAY earlier.
>>
>>70711217
That was the first thing I did. The information about changing registration was nowhere to be found on NY BOE website.

I was literally using Nexis to read the New York legal code.
>>
File: 1456532428460.jpg (526 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1456532428460.jpg
526 KB, 800x1132
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.