[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have both, don't know which to use for SHTF My plan was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20160412_013157.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160412_013157.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Have both, don't know which to use for SHTF

My plan was to use the AR for bugging in and take the AK with the b.o.b. for bugging out, is this a smart move?
>>
>>70705384
What's your AK chambered for? Because it's easier to find .223 in gun shops than 7.62
>>
>>70705857
7.62x39

where i live 7.62x39 is just as plentiful and cheaper cause steel case runs fine in my AK
>>
>>70705384
canada bro is right, AR15 ammo is all over the place. sell the ak and rack up ammo and mags
>>
>>70705384

Neither.

Keep it low profile and non-military looking.

Pistol and a pump shotgun or semi/bolt rifle.

The military stuff is fine for your castle but not on the road.
>>
>>70706059
why would a pump shotgun suffice but not an ak47? their both long guns. i don't get your point
>>
>>70706042
nah dude 7.62x39 is easily found online and in any gun store around me, even walmart has a lot of it
>>
>>70705384
Carry a pistol, remain inconspicuous and non-militarized.

Use it to cap a commie in the back of the head in the street and steal his rifle or otherwise wait to provided with one by the new American resistance.
>>
>>70706415

It's not so much about function but how the people around you in your SHTF scenario perceive you.

AK47 is going to draw a LOT more attention if you have to move around outside while armed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiPCStewt4c

Here's some inspiration for you, OP.
>>
>>70706523
have fun finding anything at walmart during a shtf scenario shithead
>>
>>70707074
did you not read the comment dipshit? I said at GUN STORES AND WALMART

there are literally a dozen gun shops in this area with 7.62x39
>>
>>70707312
now think during a shtf those places will get hit first thus cutting off your 762 supply. 223/556 is a more common round found everywhere. with that said fuck off to /k/ with this bullshit
>>
>>70706523
>easily found online
When the happening happens, don't think internet is gonna be around forever.
>>
>>70705384
>>70706059

>Keep it low profile and non-military looking. Pistol and a pump shotgun or semi/bolt rifle.

OP, this anon knows what he is talking about.

Pistols are great because you can walk around inconspicuously and not attract unwanted attention. Plus you can hunt with some of the magnum revolvers and not attract a bunch of attention by carrying a big rifle in the open. Revolvers are also nice because the brass isn't thrown off into the brush where it cant be recovered, or somebody else may find it.

Now Shotguns are the ultimate survivalist weapon IMO, you can use them for hunting small birds, (birdshot/turkey loads) or for hunting large dangerous game (high powered slugs) and self defense and guerilla warfare / close range ambush (buckshot). As an added benefit a shotgun barrel will last nearly a million rounds.

Bolt guns with good optic or sights are also an incredibly powerful tool in the right hands. They are dead reliable and real marksman with knowledge of concealment and field craft and a bolt action rifle is something to be feared.

Caution: larger calibers like .300 WM and .338 Lapua Magnum not only kick hard and are rough on optics but also have a fairly short barrel life. Imo .270 and 30-06 are better for survival type scenario for most people.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.