[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any older posters here that worked and lived in the 90s? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: cashier.jpg (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
cashier.jpg
10 KB, 247x204
Any older posters here that worked and lived in the 90s?
How was life when you could actually afford it and weren't fighting to the death with 100 other people over getting a minimum wage position?
>>
slide thread, go fuck your mother
>>
>>70705058
slide thread shills are the newest breed of troll
>>
>>70705058
I'm genuinely curious you stupid fuck.
I just asked for time off for a funeral and my boss told me he'd fire me on the spot if I didn't show up for work.
From what I understand, things used to be more easygoing.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
File: Clinton-Surplus-Debt.jpg (413 KB, 1840x1549) Image search: [Google]
Clinton-Surplus-Debt.jpg
413 KB, 1840x1549
>>70705006
THANKS BILL CLINTON!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.
>>
I guess this was a bad time to post since it's so late
>>
>>70705006
>>70705452
>>70709105
filtered
>>
It was massively overrated and not some golden age and it was just as hard to find a job when I graduated from college in 92 as it is now. Not only that my generation and the generation after were complete tools. I always held opinions like those expressed on here but you used to be ostracized and attacked for it. People in their 20's now are much much better and less tools despite all the talk about how bad millenials are. It's good I look 10 years younger too and can still fuck your women. Haha. But girls your age are much easier to deal with and it's not just that I'm older and learned how deal with women.

Imagine the only sites to read were V-Dare and despite your ridicule of it Stormfront.

And it is much easier to live and not have money now other than housing costs:

You can freely download all your music and movies.

You can freely converse with people like you all around the world.

It used to cost money to even buy a fucking book you can read now online for free.

It is hard for to imagine the ostracism and isolation one used to face for having pol like views in generations X or Y.

And the 2000's and this decade were much better economically for me. I almost went homeless twice in the 90's.

And the late 90's were the low point culturally for our society. At least in the early 90's you had decent music and movies. In the late 90's you just paid overinflated prices for complete shit. People were into swing dancing for Christ's sake,
>>
File: 24-7.jpg (22 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
24-7.jpg
22 KB, 203x248
>>70709105
Yep, you're in our timezone now, boy-o.

To answer your question tho. I grew up in the 90's, I remember how my Dad's middle-class wage was more than enough to support my Mother as a stay-at-home mum and put me through private school. Not to mention build our family home and have 2 cars (japanese, but hey) in the driveway.

I am now in the exact same situation with an extra kid (gotta pump out white kids) and have no chance of purchasing property or buying a car outright.

That said, I hear the 80's were better from people who worked then, same for the 70's, the 60's, 50's.. and so on. Anyone else is dead or senile. Rose-tinted glasses maybe?
>>
>>70705006
It wasn't that much better (moneywise) to be honest. Millenials think that because they didn't have to work then. If any generation had it easy,it's likely the baby boomers. The 60s and 70s were like a fucking utopia compared to America now.

In the 90s, the biggest differences in society overall was that the liberal degeneracy hadn't completely spiraled out of control, meaning pc didn't really exist. And also the police state was much smaller: no total surveillance.

The neighborhoods in LA and phx I lived in are now completely 100% mexican. They're unrecognizable to what they were in the 90s.

There were plenty of jobs, but honestly, I see tons of shitty jobs available nowadays. It seems that nobody is willing to work shit jobs though. People would now rather have no money, or stay in skool forever. There are probably 30 businesses hiring within a few miles of where I live, but they all pay under $15 an hour.

Rent was cheaper then. People were more hopeful of the future.
>>
GenXfag here...I got out of college in the early 90's and worked temp jobs before getting into my career...I don't recall ever being able to walk in someplace and look someone in the eye and give them a firm hand shake and get a job, you still had to know someone usually...I'd wager that the 80's were better somewhat....I was fairly poor in the 90's TBQHF.

I will say there were precisely zero gays in my high school in the 80's....because they didn't want to get their ass kicked. An open gay would have been mercilessly attacked by the mexis and nignogs, and we could still call each other fags in school and it wasn't a hate crime.

FWIW I think things have gotten shittier every year since WW2.
>>
>>70711145

PC did exist. Much worse than now. Because fewer people can isolate themselves from reality now.
>>
One last thing. The Internet didn't really exist then. So, people were way, way more social. I remember going to late-night cafes where people weren't even drinking booze, just smoking and drinking coffee and talking. People were always meeting up or dropping by your house. People all had timed weekly social things they'd regularly do like a boardgame or a sport.

It is really sad to reflect on this, but I think the Internet has destroyed millions of lives. smartphones and the Internet are kind of hellish. People spend so much time on these things and I don't think it's worth it.

When it came to money, people didn't complain about it as much. they really just saved it and spent it on their family/friends. Now it seems that people just want to get rich to blow it on dumb selfish bullshit. I'm not saying that wasn't sometimes the case then, but it's worse now.

Also, I think rent is more expensive due to immigration. These are millions and millions of people that have to be housed. Real estate developers love illegal immigration and the bubbles never kept up with it.
>>
>>70711614
thats interesting, no one really cared about being rich ? being rich was just something you saw on tv or something
>>
>>70711563
"fewer people can isolate themselves from reality now" You're an idiot. It's way easier to isolate yourself nowadays.

>>70712380
It's hard to describe, but it was different. The difference may have something to do with consumerism, which is way on a satanic level nowadays.

In the 90s people were still following the Grateful Dead around the country. There were punks. These were legitimately anti-establishment subcultures where people could live on virtually nothing and they were really fighting the system. There are no subcultures like this anymore. "Hipster" just means: consumer.
>>
In the 90s we didn't have to fight for jobs at all, we were pilliging and looting everything we see, there were no job interviews, no bosses to beg for position, you see something you like, you just take it, we use to raid other tribes and take their food stocks and maybe their women too, but now it's all gone, jew corporate everywhere where you have litarlly fight for basic living necessities. I miss good old 90s.
>>
>>70712749
, are you really in somalia
>>
>>70710445
OR society really is just declining.
>>
>>70712380
Different guy here

More of a fantasy something you saw on TV 90s opulence was pretty gaudy and cheesy lots of McMansions and expensive cars that look nowhere near as good as the ones now

For me at least the optimism brought on by a closer social circle you may talk about your plans of wanting to get rich

Yet being connected with people having to plan out your trips meeting people that want to talk to you and not stay glued to a smart phone centered you in a weird way

at least thats how I felt less in tune to your selfish wants and more in tune to others around you
>>
>>70712380
The Internet and smartphones has also made people way more impatient. They're not willing to work 5 years at minimum wage to become a store manager or something. That was considered a legitimate career path back then. Everyone is very fucking entitled nowadays, thinking they deserve a 100K a year job.

When people are optimistic and less materialistic, they don't stress about money as much. I'd say that the 90s were more optimistic and less materialistic, but they still led to where we are now.
>>
>>70705006
>How was life when you could actually afford it
Fucking drama queen.
>>
>>70712841
Yes ameribro
>>
File: niggersbeingniggers.webm (2 MB, 320x182) Image search: [Google]
niggersbeingniggers.webm
2 MB, 320x182
>>70712749

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEqI3_J4xg

because you are a bunch of stupid cunts
>>
>>70705006
Daily reminder that Trump supports H-1B visas to replace American white collar jobs, while he campaigns for a 2000 mile wall.
>>
>>70713055
How's that going for you?
>>
>>70705006
>Shake hand of manager, got the job. Not a single company did their shit online.
>No PC culture.
>Clinton got a blow job from a fat chick.
>You had to watch tv according to the schedule printed in the tv guide.
>Blockbuster charged too much, people paid.
>No one had a cell phone.
>People were just starting to get fat... but it was early.
>If you went to college, you were the manager.
>If you had a Masters Degree, you were a fucking unicorn.
>You watched Friends on NBC

Things were good.
>>
>>70713055
thats intresting,
1.are you white ?
2.do you have a local police force ?
>>
>>70713253
Lolol no I'm now white, and no we don't have a government let alone a police force...
>>
>>70712749
RARE
A
R
E
>>
This question implies that someone's career didn't keep progressing.

My father is doing much much better now that he did in the 90's, was still doing ok then too.

My mother however is making about the same now. With generous pay and time off + stock options. Now she doesn't get as much paid or not paid vacation, makes about the same to work harder. Almost 60yo
>>
>>70713324
whats your job,how do you make money ?
>>
>>70705452
Because you're a weak willed fuck. I needed a free weekend once and my boss said straight NO! I told him to fuck off because I'm not a cunt.
Later that day he called me back, said sorry and if I need the monday or any other day too, he'll give it.
So what happened? Did I die? Did my boss die for giving me free?
Stop being afraid of your boss, if he fires everyone he'll go bankrupt. Plus there's a LOT more hassle to fire someone than just give the little fucker a free day.

Of course I ain't got sick in years, but that's just me being healthy and happy and not needing free days every other week for catching a cold.
>>
>>70713055
will you join Al-Shabaab? Did you like the El-Adde raid against the kenyan disbelievers?
>>
>>70711614
>>One last thing. The Internet didn't really exist then. So, people were way, way more social. I remember going to late-night cafes where people weren't even drinking booze, just smoking and drinking coffee and talking. People were always meeting up or dropping by your house. People all had timed weekly social things they'd regularly do like a boardgame or a sport.

>forced extroversion

Sounds god awful
>>
>>70712642
>"fewer people can isolate themselves from reality now" You're an idiot. It's way easier to isolate yourself nowadays.

Not if they walk out the door and interact with society on a regular basis. NAFTA and all that globalist shit that kicked in in the 90's had the effect we thought it would.
>>
>>70713866
yeah well that still doesn't make any sense. it's easier to isolate yourself from reality now than it was 20 years ago.

If anything you just believe that because you were younger and more carefree then. Fact remains: it's easier to isolate from reality now.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.