[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 2899531-5990377896-RaQgT.jpg (500 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2899531-5990377896-RaQgT.jpg
500 KB, 1280x960
Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?
>>
>>70703800
more gay sex
>>
File: natalia5.jpg (124 KB, 691x680) Image search: [Google]
natalia5.jpg
124 KB, 691x680
>>70703800
Oh shit we do? I didn't get the memo and now I live in a town with one stop sign and no stop lights.
>>
>>70703990
Lel ruralfag.

I live in a town with 2 stoplights.
>>
>>70703800
Fuck the city, people go crazy living in them. I'd rather be in a rural area/small town where I can keep my distance from the crazies. Even the people who live in the suburbs are borderline crazy.
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to afford a place in the suburbs? trynna get on that rent control nigga
>>
>>70703800
Cities have historically always been preferable. Black antigentrification is the only hiccup. There's a conspiracy theory that the point of bringing in lots of cohesive, militantly anti-black, property improving Hispanics was to break open the black grip on "our" cities. A Hispanic gang leader was actually charged recently with coordinating attacks on blacks to drive them out of areas along these lines.
>>
>>70703800
Zeus that image is terrifying. i live in a nice suburb but it is nothing like that.
>>
No offence americans, but those suburbs look absurd. Im amazed anybody would want to live in them.
>>
>>70704547
*Jesus
>>
>>70704166
>stop lights
lmao
>>
Barely a millenial (late 80s) here. Cities is where job mobility is. I want to have choice where to work, not sucking my boss' limp dick when there's no competition in town.
>>
Convenience.
>>
>>70703800
>people who grew up in cities strove to live in the suburbs
>people who grew up in suburbs now strive to live in the city

so it goes

also for whatever reason cities and urban living are going through a revival this is due to cultural and economic and social factors. it isnt as simple as "millennials want to live in the city"
>>
>>70703800
>Niggers move into cities and begin doin' nuffin
>White people move into suburbs to escape.
>Blacks ruin city and demand free housing in the suburbs
>Blacks ruin suburbs and leave cities empty.
>Young white people move to city because suburbs are now crime ridden hellholes and the economy sucks so they can't buy or maintain a car for commuting. Also cheap rent.
>>
>>70703800
City is full of fucking niggers.
>>
>>70703800
Suburbs tend to be for families. Quiet, safe, and typically less expensive for larger houses.

Millennials skew younger, so they live in cities, where universities are and where jobs tend to be.
>>
>>70704588
>lights
Lmao
>>
>>70704547
right? nobody ever shows nice suburbs.
>>
Millennials prefer to live in cool, trendy pod communities
>>
>>70704967
this looks more like a hotel retreat or some shit
>>
they can't afford the house in the burbs and the cars, like the three previous generations.

So they convince themselves that they like living in the city. in an apartment or condo that builds no equity. having to take public transit everywhere. staying home and consuming mass media entertainment, instead of going outside.
>>
>>70704760
true.
suburbs to raise family
city to have fun and not have hell commute
>>
File: 1445140780922.gif (576 KB, 425x304) Image search: [Google]
1445140780922.gif
576 KB, 425x304
REVERSE
E
V
E
R
S
E

WHITE
H
I
T
E

FLIGHT
L
I
G
H
T

Whitey is gentrifying urban areas, making rent increase, while the suburbs that were built during white flight are starting to decay and become affordable.
>>
File: 514.jpg (867 KB, 1110x625) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
867 KB, 1110x625
>>70705078
Foreground is a hotel but its in a suburb and the whole view to the horizon is Phoenix suburbs.

plenty of suburbs (especially new ones) are comfy as fuck and well designed.
>>
>>70705255
they aren't becoming affordable.

the government keeps propping up real estate bubbles, or chinks create bubbles.
>>
reason why I moved into the city was cause that's where my university and job are. the suburb I came from turned into a shithole over the years cause a bunch of blacks moved in. Plus it was boring as hell desu, I can actually go out and do shit in the city
>>
>>70705349
It's not a quick process. Most major cities have suburbs that might technically still be in a big city's limits, you can tell because of the subdivision layout with cul-de-sac's. Most of those are full of low-income people and rundown.

Older suburbs are affordable, generally speaking, right now, and that's where the formerly urban folks that got priced out of their neighborhood due to gentrification are moving to. It will continue to other suburbs over the years as they become run down.

Lots of suburbs were built to accommodate rapid demand in the 90's, meaning the houses weren't built to last. Vinyl siding, etc.

Obviously this isn't the case 100% of the time. And yes, there are bubbles and new suburbs, but OP just referenced millenials. Once people get old enough and have a family, the urban lifestyle is less appealing.
>>
>>70703800
1. Jobs and expected lifetime earnings.
2. Can't fucking afford a car so public transportation is required just to survive
>>
>>70705652
>go out and do shit
Like what? I live next to Denver and I fucking hate the city. It depresses me that I'll be transferring down town for school next year.
>>
>>70704573
you prefer commie blocks?
>>
>>70703800
They're taking our cities back from the niggers
>>
>>70705795
Some people like different things, there is an allure to the countryside for people who have lived in the city or for people who the density doesn't appeal too.
>>
>>70705795
Is Denver really bad? I live in NYC and have been thinking to move there.
>>
>>70705795
>Living anywhere near LoDo
You're going to get shot after let-out, I guarantee it
>>
>>70703800

Cuz sprawl sucks and everything happens there. the only thing that happens in the burbs is cookie cutter housing, strip malls and big box stores.
>>
>>70703800
That's a city? Looks like a nightmare. I rather have a yard, not roadways and houses near each other.
>>
>>70703800
>living in a shitty development of cardboard houses
>not even any fucking trees
>no parkway

its a hell hole
>>
>>70705952
Housing prices are up a retarded amount in Colorado. If you move here move now before it's completely out of reach.
>>
>>70704933

Electricity

kek
>>
File: gilbert-real-estate.jpg (128 KB, 580x450) Image search: [Google]
gilbert-real-estate.jpg
128 KB, 580x450
>>70704573

see
>>70704967
>>70705293

and pic related

most of those barren looking burbs' are new built and lack mature foliage

plenty of suburbs look great
>>
Public transportation. If I could live in the suburbs or somewhere rural and just work in the city that would be ideal. Japan is the only place I know where that may be possible.
>>
>>70704600

millenials are like 1980-2000 so you're dead center
>>
>>70703990
>tfw we dont even have a stoplight
>>
>>70705952
it's not terrible, I just despise the big city and the filth that comes with it. I'm going to try and move to a little town as soon as I get my degree. Hell, I'm even considering dropping a shit ton of money to go to school in a small town over denver.
>>70705963
I live in Broomfield. It's nice and white here
>>70706040
Can confirm, rent in my area is at least $1100 for a one bedroom apartment. And I guarantee Denver is way worse
>>
Good goys. Move into highly populated cities so an event can neutralize you more efficiently.
>>
>>70706142
in 20 years that lake will be nasty and green
>>
>>70705795
I'm a musicfag so I go to bars and clubs a lot. also live near the arts district and visit a lot of the galleries, museums, and parks in the area.
>>
>>70706236
I was thinking Aurora are houses their expensive?
>>
>>70703800
I prefer my home out in the country. Idk, most of the people I know want nothing to do with cities, they just get sucked in because that's where white collar work is, and that's what they are going after.
>>
>>70706303
why, that lake is probably already 20 years old, its filtered and maintained.

What the fuck are you talking about.
>>
Cities are where the jobs are, especially the well paying ones. It's always been like that.
>>
>>70706170
LA has that basically, gold line hits up a bunch of more traditional suburby/small town locales
>>
>>70704166
Fucking high society over here.

We have a few stop signs, that's about it.
>>
>>70706363
literally every man made lake near where i live is green and nasty

they are bad for home value

> lake merrit
>>
>>70703800
the same reason as ghetto niggers -- no education, minimum wage job/welfare handout means you cant afford suburban life
>>
>>70706339
Lots of niggers. Don't move there. Seriously. If your moving here, move to either Broomfield (which I'm biased against because I live here) or Longmont. Both offer nice white towns and are filled with great people.
>>
>>70706098
>town

Kek of infinite size, whats your shitty excuse for living near other people at all?
>>
>>70706475
>lake merrit
>oakland

literally because you live in niggerville whites can manage upkeep.
>>
>>70703800
because that shit looks like cancer. grew up in suburbs and it was gay as fuck. i've lived in a city for 6 years now and its ok but now that i'm getting older i'd rather live in the country or mountains.
>>
>>70703800
>Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?
Because they think living around blacks and other ethnic minorities will be pleasant and progressive. They've been coddled by their parents and have no idea what goes on in the city. Little do they know.
>>
>>70706525
>communication
what's even the point if understanding people?
>>
>>70706524
Ok ill note those places. Yes i'm sick of all the spics and niggers here so that sounds nice.
>>
>>70706610
>existing at all

Lmao
>>
>>70705795
Go hiking in the mountains you fucking faggot.
>>
>>70706475
The only thing I can say about living next to a lake
>mosquitoes
fuck that get your pretty filtered lake away from me
>>
>>70706675
Good luck anon. I definitely suggest Broomfield if you can afford it though. It's growing a lot though, but it's so expensive that the majority of the people here are white. Longmont isn't as white, but they have a really nice old downtown main street that's full of little shops and places to eat and I find i to be really cozy.
>>
>>70703800
The inner city is closer to jobs, nightlife, single women, less kids, more young people, and fewer boomers. Typically, the inner city is older than the suburbs so there's more culture. You can find architeture that has been around for a century or more.

The suburbs are full of stress filled families and retirees. It's nice that it's spread out, easy to find parking, etc. Just not a whole lot to do for a single young person. Having worked in the suburbs I can tell you the people you come across have no culture.
>>
>>70706693
>I stink [of booze] therefore I am [a finn]
>>
>>70706693
God damned depressing Laplanders.
>>
>>70706758
When I visited Denver everyone asked me how I was dealing with the sea level height. I didn't notice a difference but man everyone fucking asked me that

>>70706850
I make good money and potentially could make good money there so Im not concerned. I think NYC is going the way of Detroit/Chicago so I want to sell what I own and GTFO.
>>
Suburbia is the most horrendous ideology the USA has ever created. It is the most inefficient way of living and generates retarded amounts of waste. The astonishing stupidity of the boomers to actually think this was a good thing. Brainwashing the masses to buy all this shit.

There should only be Urban and Rural. Anything in the middle is just plan wasteful.
>>
>>70703800
From what I've seen it's because the suburbs are expensive while there are plenty of cheap slowly-improving ghetto properties. Also many millennials don't have kids so they don't care about the shiity public school system...one of the main drivers for suburban sprawl was parents wanting better schools and more control over their schools.
>>
>>70706896
>you the people you come across have no culture.
You seem like a nigger.
>>
>>70706969
I went and it really fucked my sinuses. Bloodshot eyes and fucked nose my whole visit. Got high as fuck anyway though.
>>
>>70706994
>generates retarded amounts of waste
Who gives a shit? Not like It's going to affect me
>>
>>70707038
No, actually my city only has a few niggers, about as much as the suburbs here. If I had to live in the suburbs to avoid a bunch of nigs in the city, I would.
>>
>>70703800
There's more shit do in the city and you don't have to drive 20 minutes to get anywhere, plus it's where all the jobs are

I live in DC and love all of the museums and bars and restaurants and I can walk anywhere in the city really if I'm in a hurry I'll take the train

Suburbs really have nothing to offer aside from a quite existence in front of the television and mowing your lawn on Sunday afternoons

The country is cool too cause you can go off roading and shoot guns and go fishing and generally do whatever the fuck you want without having to worry about the police showing up
>>
>>70706994
>It is the most inefficient way of living and generates retarded amounts of waste.

god damn remember when humans prided themselves on moving mountains and chopping down forests

when did our species get so pathetic.
>>
poorfag here, we really wish you white devil fucks would stop gentrifying everything. You people have no culture to contribute, white millenials just rape everyone elses to death. In the 90s Brooklyn produced the Wu-Tang Clan, in the 2010s it produced Girls. Fucking sad man.

White millenials should go burn crosses in the woods where they belong.
>>
>>70707152
Everyone in the world wants the American Dream. There are new generations of middle class that expect some stupid version of it today. There aren't enough resources.
>>
>>70703800
Why this photo looks so depressing?
>>
>>70707413
Gentrification helps your neighborhood.

A.) you own property and that value increases
B.) you dont own property and therefore have no stake in your neighborhood so quit bitching and move on.
>>
>>70703800
Life in suburbs must suck ass
>no school nearby
>no clinic/hospital nearby
>no parks nearby
>neighbours that want to socialize with you
Fuck this shit, at least commies knew how to build cities, 200m to clinic, 300m to school, 100m to high school, mini park for 3-5 blocks, 500m to large park and ~20 neighbours per starcase who rarely give a fuck about you.
>>
File: why.png (4 MB, 1905x753) Image search: [Google]
why.png
4 MB, 1905x753
>>70706142
I like the suburbs but honestly why does everyone have to live in a cult de sac?
Also AZ boys
>>
>>70703800
Suburbs with shit public transport service are the best. All the poors move to places there is a bus service.
>>
>>70707513
Is C.)kill whitey?

If so that one.
>>
>>70707538
>suburbia, no parks, no schools

lol wut
>>
>>70703800
It's really annoying. My Econ professor keeps telling us that we'll be moving constantly and get to the suburbs to settle down and have kids.

I mean, I don't plan on moving out until I'm at least 25. No wife or kids either in my future. I always feel bad about myself when older people tell normal younger people how their lives will pan out.
>>
>>70706994
There's often not enough housing in urban areas, especially if you have a family and can't make do with a tiny studio

And rural areas often have very few jobs and the small tax base leads to things like shitty schools

Suburbs offer families an opportunity to take advantage of jobs in an urban area while raising their kids in a quieter and safer environment
>>
>>70703800
>Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?

They don't.
Every statistic shows that Millennials are leaving urban areas faster than they are moving to them.
>>
>>70705861
but these building plots are the size of a postage stamp. your windows is 5 meters away from neighbors window
it's as shitty as commieblock. like schlomo and herschel tried to build as many houses as possible there, to maximize profit
>>
>>70707659
>My people are to fucked to form successful communities
>white people come in and make thriving communities
>kill whitey

this is why your kind will always lose and always be poor.
>>
File: nicearangement.jpg (574 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
nicearangement.jpg
574 KB, 1333x1000
>>70707513
>A.) you own property and that value increases

This is TERRIBLE for property owners btw unless one condition is met and that is you plan on selling soon.
Higher property value = higher taxes = cucked because gentrification
>>
>>70707506
That's the Inland Empire in Southern California

Look it up
>>
no one in this thread has gotten it

it's because NONE OF US FUCKING OWN CARS.
>>
File: nicevegas.jpg (417 KB, 1300x975) Image search: [Google]
nicevegas.jpg
417 KB, 1300x975
>>70707782
No its not
Its actually las vegas you derp
>>
>>70707778
>gentrification is bad

only if you are a loser who deserves to be pushed out.

only an absolute faggot would be upset about increasing property value you stupid shit.
>>
>>70707513
Gentrification is horrible for poor people as it prices everything beyond their means

DC has been gentrified outside of Southeast and has pushed the locals into Prince George's County MD
>>
>>70707413
WE WUZ KULTUREZ N SHIET
>>
>>70703800
I don't

I want to live in a rural area where the police won't bother me for setting off fireworks in my yard and I can shoot targets in my back yard (which isn't a back yard, it's just the woods behind my home)

I don't mind driving ~1 hour to a city to have a bit of fun for the day, but I don't want to live in a place where the majority of homes have bedbugs, rats, and roaches.
>>
>>70707752
Jokes on you, I'm white trash.
>>
>>70703990
Proof millennials fail at everything. Even stereotypes.
>>
>>70707843
Same shit

Levittown garbage

At least half the houses in the Inland Empire aren't empty

Vegas is arguably the worst place to live in the country given that it can only function during economic booms
>>
File: 1459744493830.jpg (60 KB, 495x507) Image search: [Google]
1459744493830.jpg
60 KB, 495x507
>>70707885
>Gentrification is horrible for poor people

who the flying fuck cares about poor people. Are you for fucking real?

the people in the comunity that own land their (the only ones that matter) bennifit from property values increasing.

If you are nothing but a tennat in your own community you have no right or say in what happens their, in which case, FUCK OFF or shut the hell up and pay your rent you pleb.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 207x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 207x256
>>70707778
Gentrification is only bad for niggers.
>>
>>70707740

The only ones maximizing profit are Henry and John D. making more spread out yards and longer roads to travel on.
>>
>>70707884
It increase the amount you pay on taxes for no reason unless you like to say shit like "huh my house is worth 40k more now than what I paid for it"
I own 6 rentals currently I dislike it
One of my assessed tax values went up 120k in the past year
>>
>>70707922
My dream is to buy a bunch of land in the middle of absolute nowhere for precisely that reason
I can do absolutely whatever the fuck I want and no one will hassle me
>>
>>70707959
>implying you arent worse than a nigger

if you are white than you should know that other whites have no sympathy for your failure.

Bitch and moan or kill yourself but get out of the way.
>>
>>70708083
then sell you dumb faggot.
>>
>>70707601

No traffic. Get a book on modern urban design.
>>
>>70706236
denver is pretty shit. i live in a tiny studio in a ski town to the west for pretty cheap, you just have to search... if you can work from home yr good
>>
File: Din do nuffin.jpg (644 KB, 917x4143) Image search: [Google]
Din do nuffin.jpg
644 KB, 917x4143
>>70704762
This, there was a time where compton was white and everything was okey dokey, I'm a quadroon from long beach, but this is the truth, they fuckin ruin everything they touch.
>>
File: concerned.jpg (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
1 MB, 1200x900
>>70708029
Or people that actually own land/properties...
Why should I have to pay 120$ more a month in tax because some cuck decided to tear town a house nearby and build a mansion?
>>
>>70708021
Because it only kicks the can so to speak
Those poor people will end up in adjacent communities and they will resent you and guess where they're gonna go to get a little payback?
>>
>>70704328

So basically you hate 95% of the country's population.
>>
>>70703800
Aren't suburbs like that basically just less efficient commie blocks?
>>
>>70707898
Can't wait for the resovietization of Poland.
>>
>>70708090
Do it. I want to do the same, except I want to grow crops and possibly raise animals so that I can be the hermit who comes into town every once in a while to buy toilet paper and things that I can't make by myself.
>>
File: 1458172447806.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458172447806.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>70708241
>all these niggers who are against the weak losing to the strong

how has this cancer infected america.

go starve in a gutter you inferior cunts.
>>
>>70708162
Sell to do what?
I bought them all at the peak low in late 2011 with cash. Its pure profit besides maintenance and taxes
Rent is stupid high right now with an average of 1450$ a month between the ones I own.
I could sell and make 100k off each but why would I? So I can buy more houses at the peak high?
>>
>>70704600
>>70704760
>>70704837
>>70705118
>>70705652

These are correct, sensible and reasonable answers. There is no reason the thread should've continued after these posts.
>>
>>70705998

That's a suburb, friend.
>>
>>70708381
America was never about the powerful steamrolling the poor

It was founded on the idea of freedom, freedom from government interference in your life and freedom from being crushed by an aristocracy

You are the one espousing anti Americanism
>>
>>70707719
At what cost. What are you producing? Are these kids raised in these environments actually contributors?
>>
>>70703800
Because suburbs are fucking terrible places to live unless you are waiting to die and aren't imaginative enough to go somewhere else.
>>
>>70708280

they are vary efficient for the big oil and big auto tycoons that have had America by the balls since the Gilded age.
>>
>>70704586
>not Odin
>>
>>70708510
>gentrification through natural market forces have nothing to do with the government

liberals make me sick.

>>70708414
Oh boo hoo, I cant handle the cost of maintaining my rental property

what do you want me to do feel bad? Talk to your city council and lower your taxes, readjust your rent or sell if you cant make your rental profitable.

Dont try and stifle the market to save yourself a couple grand a year you fucking plutocrat.
>>
>>70708529
At the cost of having to drive everywhere

The vast majority of children are raised in suburbs so they will go on to become accountants/engineers/bureaucrats/lawyers/ anything else
>>
>>70704762

Pretty much. American urban planning has no foresight.
>>
>>70708106
I'm a communist, praxis is important. Coming here and reading replies such as this just reaffirms my disgust of reactionaries. I hope we meet in battle someday comrade.
>>
>>70708250
Blame cultural Marxism in your school's for that. I swear every time a friend who lives in new York describes her classmates I can't help but cringe internationally at their autism levels..
>>
>>70708646
>liberals make me sick

Not an argument
>>
>>70708764
>I'm a communist

pathetic

you support a proven inferior and childish ideology I would gladly meet you in battle and relive you of the sad existence you call a life.

comrade......
>>
>>70708090
>being American and not knowing what the American Dream is

Seriously what was the FIRST thing you though when you realized private land existed
>>
>>70704443
We have arrived to the point in wich we need to treat them as pests and "smoke" them out? Jeez..
>>
>public transportation
>no need to worry about fixing your car/paying for insurance
>no need to worry about the American police harassing you/murdering you on the side of the road when you're pulled over
>young attractive fertile women are close without having to drive an hour to see them
>more things to do
>jobs
>>
>>70708868

Market forces =/= government oppression

learn to reading comprehend
>>
>>70703800
Nobody wants to live in a shithole where you drive ten miles to get anywhere. That's why property values are so low
>>
File: enough.jpg (33 KB, 544x517) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
33 KB, 544x517
>>70708764
>I'm a communist
>>
Honestly who the fuck cares about the suburbs? Rural or Urban is the way to go, the suburbs are so in-between (being wild and being mans made) that they're honestly just mundane and vapid
>>
>>70708646
> I cant handle the cost of maintaining my rental property
???
I said that and tax are the only expense. Tax is actually more than the maintenance overall
Tax goes up 60% in one year that is a huge cost increase.
Honestly as a homeowner tell me why high home vaule is a good thing.
Unless you are an REO urgently trying to sell or a REA gentrification is bad for you. Why do you think most of the flipping these days is setup by banks contracting remodelers? They might own 10 houes in the area and remodel one so the REA can get comps for higher and sell the shit slum houses for less of a lose.
Higher priced housing markets is a bank strategy to driving up returns on loans and forclosures. NHBs are lower priced than ever why do you think you can buy new for a similar priced to 30 year old right now?
>>
>>70703800
Why city or suburbs when you can live in the glorious swedish countryside next to the 2nd largest lake in Sweden?
>>
>>70707601

kids don't have to watch for cars when playing football in the street

pretty clever desu
>>
>>70708940
You moving into the ghetto and building a mansion drives up property values meaning higher taxes on all property in the area, that's government involvement right there
>>
>>70709257
today i learned that noone drives their car to and from their house in a cul de sac...
>>
>>70707778
How the hell do you drive there without taking wrong turns, fuck.
>>
>>70709167
>???
>I said that and tax are the only expense. Tax is actually more than the maintenance overall
>Tax goes up 60% in one year that is a huge cost increase.

literally you are stating that you cant manage your rental property

Id advise selling.

However in many Midwestern states property tax is criminal.
>>
>>70709336
atleast they dont have to worry about stone throwers and knife wielders
>>
>>70709336
street signs. you can count streets or find your house by memory and by remembering stuff like what your neighbors car looks like, a fire hydrant, a mailbox, whatever.
>>
File: 1431443086175.jpg (510 KB, 728x588) Image search: [Google]
1431443086175.jpg
510 KB, 728x588
>>70709355
hue?
I am saying tax rising is cutting into profits.
You cant just raise the rent of tenants because your taxes are suddenly higher. It does not work like that. Most tenants stay longer than 1 year contract. So if they are good tenants is better to keep them than try to force a higher rate on them and risk them moving. Then you end up getting some HUD nigs that smash holes in the walls.
6k a month income(after costs) for 10 hours a month work is fine by me
>>
>>70709579
who the fuck has more than a 1 year tenant agreement?

sounds like you made a dumb decision and cant react to the changes in your market.
>>
Because driving is expensive as fuck, and younger generations are saying fuck it unless they are rich or like debt. In the city you can walk and take public transit basically anywhere you need to go, also thats where most office, retail and service jobs are.
>>
>>70709737
when did driving become expensive in the US? I thought everyone drove a car everywhere or is it just the picture we get here?
>>
>>70709968
It's not expensive and everyone does drive but for the working poor it's expensive when you factor in insurance and cost of maintenance
>>
>>70709968
Gee idk, cash for clunkers artificially inflating the value of used cars, gas, stuff that my filthy Gen x mother didn't worry about.
>>
>>70709968
relative to europe yes but in general driving is an expense that if you can avoid it will save you thousands of dollars of year.

and for millennials making 30-40K per year with rent and student loan debt that is a big fucking deal.

It is one of the major factors in trends towards urbanization.

even newer suburbs are far more urban than suburbs were only 20-30 years ago.
>>
suburbs are soul crushing
>>
>>70709968
It's not expensive unless you live in commie shitholes like New York and San Francisco.
>>
>>70709968

It's expensive here and getting moreso. Also it's a major point of interaction with law enforcement, so why bother. I've literally never been stopped on my bicycle.
>>
>>70710060
What artificially raises the value of used cars are used car dealers trying to Jew everyone in sight
>>
File: keks.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>70710187

>it's a major point of interaction with law enforcement
>Driving is expensive in the US
>>
because who the fuck wants to drive everywhere
>>
>>70710212
That, but crushing a large amount of older cars and giving the owners $4500 when the car wasn't worth dick hurt young people, liberal pussies, I swear, ruining everything.
>>
you faggots might want to look up agenda 21 and understand that the jews want us to live in concentrated cities completely dependent on the system.
>>
>>70703800
Better access to bulls.
>>
>>70710146
>commie shitholes like New York and San Francisco

What are you talking about? NYC and San Fran are literally the two most capitalistic cities in the history of the world.
>>
File: 1441680028790.jpg (3 MB, 3200x4136) Image search: [Google]
1441680028790.jpg
3 MB, 3200x4136
>>70710416
ding ding ding we have a winner
>>
File: 1444108004986.jpg (17 KB, 368x244) Image search: [Google]
1444108004986.jpg
17 KB, 368x244
>>70710538
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/06/news/economy/san-francisco-paid-parental-leave/

Yes a bastion of Capitalism
>>
>>70710538
>NYC and San Fran are literally the two most capitalistic cities in the history of the world.
This, here in liberal ass socal, everywhere I turn in the city, i am being marketed to, bitches walking with starbucks, the whole nine.
>>
>>70710295
I thought cash for clunkers gave you that money as a credit applied towards purchasing a Prius during the recession and is no longer around?

I know lots of charities will take junkers but they'll only give like $200 for them and then say you get a tax write off
>>
>>70704443

gangs do this for 1 REASON only and that is to monopolize criminal activity, maybe petty crime will drop but drug dealing, prostitution, extortion, murders, will continue also mexican communities bring more cop corruption because its part of the culture and trauma we mexicans bring with us to the US. On a side note id like to send a message to Trump pleading him to ban mexican government officials from the USA so they stop spending our money that they steal in the United States and invest that stolen money here in mexico. start with the PGR de chihuahua
>>
>>70710627
You can't have paid leave unless you're living in a capitalist society. Jesus Christ, I'm not going to respond to you anymore. You're too stupid.
>>
>>70710647
Yes, it was $4500 towards a new car, sorry I didn't word it right, but many cars were destroyed, and because there are less older cars, young people need to spend more on a good running car.
>>
>>70710627
>>70710637
You don't even need a car in those cities and oftentimes it's better not to have one as parking costs an arm and a leg and it will take longer to drive than simply walking in a lot of cases
>>
>>70710715
>government mandating paid leave

Yes I am the stupid one clearly
>>
>>70710720
There's no shortage of solid used cars around

It's not like back in the day when 100k miles was the lifespan of a car nowadays most go 300k+ and won't require anything beyond routine maintenance or maybe changing a water pump
>>
>>70710765
Yes. You are.

The fact that the government had to step in to require employers to treat their employees SOMEWHAT fairly shows just how deep they've gone off the capitalist deep-end. Stop talking now.
>>
>>70710879
It's not that there's a shortage, I could easily spend 4-5k and get something reliable, but the days of spend 1-2k on a vehicle that runs, and isn't a complete pile of shit are gone.
>>
>>70710765
The whole thing with the mandated paid leave is that any decent job already offers it

Fuck I think even WacArnold's gives paid maternity leave and not just for their corporate plebs but also for the restaurant working untermensch
>>
>>70710901
any anti-capitalist sentiments make you immediately seem like an idiot
>>
>>70703800
>hell, the picture
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
>>
File: 1448853418612.png (171 KB, 319x409) Image search: [Google]
1448853418612.png
171 KB, 319x409
>>70710901
>The fact that the government had to step in to require employers to treat their employees SOMEWHAT fairly shows just how deep they've gone off the capitalist deep-end. Stop talking now.

Jesus fucking christ

>I agree to work for you at for a certain compensation package
>despite our agreement the city must FORCE the employer to alter the compensation agreement because of some arbitrary definition of what is fair.

yes, clearly we have delved deeply into the capitalist black whole

oh dear god.
>>
>>70703800
Goddamn that looks like something out of a nightmare.
>>
>>70710952
You can find plenty of 20 year old Hondas and Chevys for that price that are reliable, they'll have 200k on them but you'll still be able to get another 100 out of it

They might not be the prettiest things to look at and might have a rip or three in the upholstery but that's fine for a young man looking for a daily driver
>>
>>70710977
Nice ad hominem you fucking idiot.

Anyway, not in this day and age. Where kids are getting stuck with huge student debt and NO JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

In fact, Anti-Capitalist sentiment is at an all time high here in the United States.
>>
>>70706170
You can live in the country side and work in the big cities, with just 20-40 min travel in the Netherlands. Public transport or personal transport.
>>
>>70710964
no, San Francisco now mandates that anyone working 8 hours a week is entitled to twelve weeks PTO for child raising.

its bullshit socialist bullshit and companies are already leaving San Francisco over it.
>>
>>70710624
nice.. do i win a lifetime supply of ignorant cucks? I'm already swimming in a sea of ignorant cucks.
>>
>>70711144
It's their fault alone for taking on a loan they can never pay back so that they can party for 4 years and major in political science

There should be no sympathy for people who put themselves in such a position
>>
>>70711144
only in your stupid echo-chamber of economically literate fools.
>>
>>70711136
Well then, I want to live where you live, because people in California are stupid, and cars in the $1200 price range are pretty much always beat to shit, with nothing left of them, many problems that need to be fixed, or have a motor that is worn out, and fixing to fall apart any second.
>>
I het thenfeeling that the various sutcoms that a lot of millenials grew up with like Friends really glamorised city life to impressionable kids, making it seem like city living is non-stop crazy adventures and hanging with your friends in your favourite bar or coffee shop.
>>
>>70711195
Yeah it is bullshit

The people who work such a shit job that maternity leave isn't part of the compensation package shouldn't be having kids anyway
>>
>>70711299
I think you meant "illiterate," you illiterate fucking imbecile.
>>
>>70711144
its just self importance , were the only ones who see it for what it really is, yeah maaaan we areee theee revoulution maaaaan,
>>
>>70703800
Fuck cities. They are even bigger libtard indoctrination centers than colleges. My sister moved to St. Louis to study for the second four years in order to get her doctorate. Iowa City make a dent in her, but St. Louis left a fucking crater that is only getting bigger with each year. Now she's the 2nd most important audiologist in Minnesota and lives in the Liberal shithole that is Minneapolis.
>>
>>70703800
can walk to grocery store. no car.
>>
>>70711264
>It's their fault alone for taking on a loan they can never pay back so that they can party for 4 years and major in political science

Opposed to not going to college and being stuck flipping burgers for the rest of their lives?
>>
>>70711367

You dont have to work for a place that doesn't offer maternity leave.

they choose to do so. And should they choose to do so, then yes, they are having children fully aware they have no maternity leave.

what is the problem here???
>>
>>70711404
she can make pretty good money being an expert witness and stuff that like right
>>
File: nwdc2.jpg (59 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
nwdc2.jpg
59 KB, 852x480
>>70703800
look at these views too!
>>
>>70710952
This is false.
>>
>>70703800
commie blocks or
usa freedom grind?
>>
File: behold.jpg (220 KB, 675x1037) Image search: [Google]
behold.jpg
220 KB, 675x1037
>>70711235
You get this sweet cover art of a relevant book
>>
File: 72220220.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1830) Image search: [Google]
72220220.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1830
>>70705861
Implying the US doesn't have these?
They are arguably worse than maintained finnish apartment buildingsm
>>
File: 766422.jpg (110 KB, 704x514) Image search: [Google]
766422.jpg
110 KB, 704x514
>>70711390
>>
>>70711499
Pardon?
>>
>>70711325
Living in the city does offer significantly more opportunity in terms of jobs and recreation than the suburbs

Suburbs are for families looking for cheaper housing and a nicer environment to raise children

Rural areas are for maximum fun such as getting drunk off your ass then driving your jeep through the woods while shooting your AR-15 out the window
Good times
>>
>>70711558
literally our public housing made by commies and universally accepted as the worst places to live.

most of them were torn down.
>>
>>70711558
yeah but we there supposed to be bad, public housing is supposed to be a temporary safety net till you get higher education, save money etc, and get your own place
>>
>>70711462
Maternity leave should be guaranteed by all employers, like any other civilized country.

In case you didn't realize, sometimes (most of the time), having kids is unexpected. I don't know why you bootlickers would stand up for greedy employers in this case really, it doesn't benefit anyone except Mr. Noseburg.
>>
>>70711655
>people should be forced to cover you for being a retard

literally kill yourself you parasite.
>>
>>70711452
>Opposed to not going to college and being stuck flipping burgers for the rest of their lives?
>what is trade school?

Most liberal arts degree holders are gonna end up flipping burgers anyway because they learned no skills while in college
At least STEM majors learn how to code at the very least and are in high demand

Funny thing is most professional electricians/plumbers/steel workers/etc earn significantly more money than liberal arts plebs
>>
I'm a millennial and my wife and I live on 5 acres. Our complete escrow payment, mortgage, taxes, everything is less than rent for a house even in one of the small cities we live near.

Subdivisions and suburbs even baffle me. I can't imagine living under an HOA. Go fuck yourself if you think you're going to tell me I can or cannot build a greenhouse, have a few chickens, or put a certain type of roof on. And if I want to park my shitty ass pickup truck outside, where it will sit for weeks because I only use it to take trash to the dump or buy construction supplies, I damn well will. In fact, the uglier and rustier it gets sitting there, the better, because I know it would piss off an HOA.

If I wanted to be a bitch to someone else's rules imposed on my home I would have stayed a renting prole.

Anyway, I just can't imagine living in such confinement. Here I have freedom. Here I have peace and quiet. I can walk outside butt naked and piss while watching boaters on the river or nap on my boulder and not get mugged by nogs. I can grow and eat significant quantities of actual fresh produce and eggs that don't taste like shit.

The best part is when urbanites try to argue against all this freedom because they're scared of it or feel inferior. The best they can come up with is that I'm not within walking distance of a trendy Seinfeld-esque café or don't have public transit or some shit.

To each their own I guess. My goal is to own rental houses in the city so the slaves can pay me to live in rural luxury while they feel like they have the 'privilege' of city life and 'rewarding' careers. Meanwhile I still enjoy the same media they do, wireless internet, town if I care to drive to it...

...And no nogs.
>>
>>70711655
"civilized country" you sound like bernie
>>
>>70711532
Maybe I am wrong, this one runs, but it's got a salvage title, I don't care about that.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5469047821.html
>>
>>70711719
I hope your wife gets fired when you get her pregnant and you suffer financial hardships.
>>
>>70704967

Wheres that? Looks like Santa Clara.
>>
>>70711737
>trade school
>getting laid

You might be able to get by with a trade, but good luck meeting a girl's parents and trying to impress them with how you unclog people's shit from pipes for a living.
>>
>>70711784
that wont happen because im not a child so i have
1.Assets
2.savings
3.A high paying job earned from working hard
4.not a hedonist savage who cant pull out and plan a kid
>>
>>70711462
The problem is old lady do-gooders and statist plebs want as much gibs for everyone as possible

>>70711655
I'm taxed enough already
It already makes me sick thinking about some of the things my hard work goes towards and I don't want Bomqueesha getting paid to shit out more Tyrones to be added onto that already vast pile of shit
>>
>>70711786
Scottsdale AZ

>>70711784
Wont happen because me and my wife actually plan ahead and earned ourselves positions with maternity leave (aka most jobs) and health care coverage.

I dont know why you think that anyone is responsible for you, your whore wife and your whelp besides you.
>>
>>70711869
Ahh yes I'm sure her parents would be so impressed by your $60 grand debt and Starbucks barista job all because you have a liberal arts degree
>>
>>70708250
Um, actually this is pretty spot on for me.

Seriously, fuck them all. They're pretty much despicable.
>>
File: giphy.gif (653 KB, 599x326) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
653 KB, 599x326
>>70711869
literally child tier discussion

>I cant do a good degree because im too busy getting laid
>also you better pay me when I knock some bitch up because im a fucking degenerate retard.

whats funny is I probably fucked more and hotter girls than a faggot like you ever had a chance with.

But I never sat around demanding people cover my shit if I fucked up.
>>
>>70709734
he's saying after the lease is up, it's more sensible to stick to the agreement then to raise rent and push the people out.
if you rent a place for $1700, and your property taxes increase 50 bucks a month, it makes more sense to just eat it than to raise the rent to 1750 and risk people leaving, causing the house to sit empty for a month or 2.(losing 1000 bucks profit in 1 month so you can get 600 bucks on your next arrangement)

often times when you find a new tenant you have to legally do other things too, like new carpets if they're more than a few years old and other things that the original renters probably would have just ignored or fixed themselves.
>>
>>70711869
respect plumbers faggot.. one of the most important trades
>>
>>70704586
Not after Trump builds that wall.
>>
>>70710952
I paid $800 for my pickup and it runs fine and does everything a pickup should do.

...I had to pay another $900 to replace all the bearings, U joints, hubs etc because I burned them up bringing entirely too much firewood down a mountain, but fuck it. It's all new under there now and its fine.

Only people fooled by the Motor Jew think it's a good thing to have a 'nice' vehicle. In my opinion the shittier it is the better, because you're moving further away from 100% on the Jewed Motorist Spectrum.
>>
>>70706098

t. alberto ruralsa

schlomo amishstein
>>
>>70711869
>>70711869
yeah blue collars are like the new farmers, whats wrong with you , they do there job everyday, work hard
>>
>>70711979
Why are uneducated people like yourself obsessed with "liberal arts degrees?"

You're kidding yourself if you think a fucking plumber is going to impress anyone over a college-educated businessman, for example.
>>
I live in a smallish town and I still don't think I'm rural enough

Someday I'm going to have that house in the woods with nobody around for miles
>>
>>70711869
Dude, I know some tradespeople with seriously hot ass wives.

I don't think you realize what a plumber or electrician can really make; especially when you consider it in terms of ROI vs. what a degree gets you now.

If I had to do it over again I'd consider plumbing or HVAC, at least for a bit.
>>
>>70712379
my dad is a millionaire and still drives a 89 chevy pickup with over 700k miles
>>
>>70703800
rural area master race
>>
>>70712511
you are a stupid faggot

>why would a woman prefer a man with a successful small plumbing business over an entry level call center supervisor making 45K a year.

Oh IDK you'll see when you leave college.
>>
>>70712545
Enjoy having a heart attack and not being able to get to a hospital before you fucking die.
>>
>>70712565
>Dude, I know some tradespeople with seriously hot ass wives.

Yeahhhhhhh.......I bet. Women are just lining up for blue-collar schmucks these days.
>>
>>70712656
Most plumbers are not business owners, you dolt.
>>
>>70712511
I'm not uneducated but unlike you I didn't take on debt, and then proceed to use that mountain of debt to pursue a worthless degree and then whine about 'le evil capitalism is the reason why I don't have a job!'

I'm also not concerned with impressing others, let alone the parents of sexual partners in some vain hope for "approval"

If you got a job because you want to impress people you'll find out very quickly that absolutely no one gives a flying fuck about what it is that you do
>>
>>70712682
I live alone and don't talk to any of my neighbors so that's already going to happen
>>
>>70711869

Much Dick: The Post
>>
>>70703800
shit thats some dystopian shit
>>
>>70712755
you are a loser
>>
>>70712799
>If you got a job because you want to impress people you'll find out very quickly that absolutely no one gives a flying fuck about what it is that you do

That's why the first thing any ever asks anyone is "what do you do for work"

Also, I'm not indebted. I'm just telling it like it is for most people.
>>
>>70712863
If I'm a loser, then what does that make people who end up being plumbers?
>>
>>70712934

in our short exchange you have revealed that you are literally a dumb faggot piece of shit,

All I know is that any plumber I've ever met is more of a man than you'll ever be.
>>
File: zingano_tate.jpg (132 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
zingano_tate.jpg
132 KB, 1600x900
>>70706236
>I live in Broomfield. It's nice and white here

alphacat alpha as fuck
>>
>>70712880
>That's why the first thing any ever asks anyone is "what do you do for work"

That's idol small talk akin to asking "how are you liking the weather today?"

You're gonna fucking struggle once you get out of college and realize that you are important only in your own mind and the minds of your parents
>>
File: IMG_2494.jpg (524 KB, 1600x1212) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2494.jpg
524 KB, 1600x1212
>>70703800

>McHouses Human Filing Cabinets

It's like the Corporate Real estate version of the Communist Concrete apartment blocks. Not a single piece of individualism or soul put into any of those husks.

>tfw when pre-80's houses are being torn down for the McMansion

>tfw when a neighorhood is being built, all trees must be torn down and each piece of land be taken up by the construct since have giant rooms is better then having an actual lawn.

>tfw when small American towns like this on the East Coast are slowly vanishing in favor of vanity.
>>
File: dod_educationpays.jpg (60 KB, 680x319) Image search: [Google]
dod_educationpays.jpg
60 KB, 680x319
>>70713004
You're just jelly that you weren't smart enough to succeed in anything that's academically-challenging and are angry with me because I don't share your (idiotic) world view that being educated is somehow a negative.
>>
>>70712934
hahhaaaa what a fag.. master plumbers can make over $100/hr. plus they actually contribute to society.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.