[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the proper way to thank people in the military? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17
File: Us.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
Us.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3008
What's the proper way to thank people in the military? I was at Golden Corral today and saw some guys in uniform so I went up, said "thank you for your service" and extended my hand for a handshake. They stared at me awkwardly for a couple seconds before one of them shook my hand and mumbled a "your welcome". It was kind of weird, I think it was just that I wasn't doing it right?

Also should I thank Mexican servicemen? It seems wrong not to, but then again they're invading our country and one of the causes of White genocide, so I don't know...
>>
>>70702465
Press 'f' to thank 4 cervix
>>
>>70702465
Unless they have a patch on their right shoulder, don't thank them. And if they are doing things like eating, leave them alone.

Keep it short and sweet. Thanking military fags can be super annoying,
>>
>>70702465

It was probably a new experience for the servicemen.

Of course you should thank a servicemen anon, regardless of race.
>>
Retent our tents OP

>>
>>70702465
why the fuck would you do that? are you gay?

You know that people only do things like that as an excuse to start chatting someone up?
>>
>>70702622
This, most of the ones I've talked to don't like the insincere thanks they get constantly, if you are sincere talk to them as your fellow americans no matter what color they are.
>>
>>70702465
Don't do this, you already thanked them with your tax money.
>>
>>70702465
>Also should I thank Mexican servicemen? It seems wrong not to, but then again they're invading our country and one of the causes of White genocide, so I don't know...

if they fought so your fatass can sit there jerking it to asian girls that will never like you then don't you think they deserve a place in this country?
>>
File: ArmyStrong.jpg (845 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
ArmyStrong.jpg
845 KB, 2304x1536
Iraq veteran here. I don't like shaking the hands of strangers or touching people, for that matter. If you really want to thank me, pay for my drinks when you leave. Ignore the guys in uniform. They are attention whores that were probably FOBbits if deployed.
>>
>>70702465
I called my Great Grandpa a cuck becasue he fought against Hitler
>>
good goy
>>
>>70703092
they have to go back.
>>
>>70703101
>Ignore the guys in uniform.
This.

Had service in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

If you live in a military town, chances are the dudes are just grabbing a bite to eat, and who gives a fuck? Servicemen there should be a dime a dozen.

If you don't, chances are the uniform is being used as an attention grabber. Check the right shoulder for a combat patch- i've noticed the patches seem to be dwindling these days.

I would just keep quiet and let them go about their day. If they get offended because you didn't say something they are probably entitled pussies. I used to hate when people said that shit to me, and I still cringe when my relatives relate "my service" to people. I absolutely hate vets who can't get over their "service" like it's some kind of a crutch that excludes them from moving on in life and finding someway to make themselves useful. The entitlement I see from other vets leaves a sick taste in my mouth. 90% of the dudes I worked with overseas are now broke dick, welfare cheating, burnouts.

If they really did anything of merit, and they did it with service in mind, they probably don't want to be bothered while dipping their brownies in the chocolate fountain anyways.
>>
>>70702465
You made a very awkward situation there. They were eating and you kind of popped out of nowhere.

I'm in the Navy on shore duty. If I'm in town in uniform I'm going shopping or somewhere for lunch, guaranteed. Uniforms aren't very comfortable so I'd rather wear civvies and no one wants extra unwanted attention like some autist interrupting your meal and wanting a handshake.
I have thankfully yet to get a situation like OP described but it happens. Cashiers will thank me for my service after or during a transaction. Waiters will squeeze it in hoping for more tips but I see right through their shit.
I actually mostly get a lot of people holding doors open for me into stores and restaurants. I don't complain.

Really, I appreciate the support, it's better than vets being spat on during Vietnam, but it's too much in the opposite direction. We're just people, man.
If you feel compulsion or need to thank a serviceman, I'd recommend something small but sincere.
>>
>>70706579
This. Thank a friend or family member for their service, sure. Leave the rest alone and let them eat, shop, finish taking a shit, etc.
>>
>>70703101
How about this then.

I walk up to you, and I present my spread butt checks in your direction. What you will find is an shaven and bleached anus, which has been thoroughly cleaned multiple times with a 2 liter enema bag.

I offer my anal virginity. I'm not gay, but I can still give the veterans what they need and what they have been deprived of. Homosexuality was totally normal in Greece. It was like apples and oranges. People in the army want gay sex.

I don't know man maybe you should sleep on it.
>>
>>70702465

Are you 12 years old?
>>
I only say thank you if I'm already talking to them. People who worship veterans are strange.
>>
Just yell at them and call them child killers like normal sensible people. What are you thanking them for? Do you earn money from American wars?

What the soldiers do, does not make you safer, quite the contrary. Do you mean "thanks for putting me and my family in danger so that the "captains of industry" get their money"? You need to specify.
>>
"Thanks for murdering poor people and exposing the American people for revenge attacks like 9/11 was. Thanks for ending up as welfare queens and taking my money, I don't want my tax dollars to go to anything useful."
>>
>>70703101
>raking the leaves
>line raking tool
based
a
s
e
d
>>
I'm a Paramedic and we get this sort of thing a fair bit too. It's only slightly less awkward. We like to be appreciated like anyone but really we just want to get our tub of ice cream and rent a movie and go chill for the night between calls.

"Thanks for everything you do." I understand the sentiment but it's misdirected. I do this job because it's fun and it pays me money. I enjoy the challenge of the field medicine and the odd situations we find ourselves in.

Sure I want to do a good job, but I left most of the self-serving, noble altruism behind after passing my class.

A wave and a 'hi guys' works for us. Just be friendly and don't scowl at me. Occasionally someone will pay ahead for our coffees at our typical espresso stand but to me even that is overboard. Frankly there are people doing far more important jobs than mine to hold civilization together. Go thank a Lineman crew after a nasty storm. Buy a coffee for the guy working nightshift at the water treatment plant. We'd devolve in to chaos without those guys. Without me, we simply die of natural causes. Or in more urban areas, have less taxis for homeless people.
>>
>>70711002
what's the worst injury you've ever seen?
>>
File: americucks.jpg (51 KB, 306x573) Image search: [Google]
americucks.jpg
51 KB, 306x573
>>70702465
Why are those uniforms so ill-fitting? Looks like shit.
>>
File: fuckthetroopsreply.png (18 KB, 498x395) Image search: [Google]
fuckthetroopsreply.png
18 KB, 498x395
I work a job in customer service, and I have seen some of my coworkers thank veterans for their service. The faggot fucks wear hats that say "Vietnam veteran" on them and shit haha. Fucking white trash.

I want to tell my coworkers that they should stop doing that, and for all they know the person was a cook in the Army, but I don't. Because I know they will turn it into some big deal. "You don't respect veterans? I am ashamed of you, anon."

Fuck veterans. You're goddamned right I don't respect them. Seeing as they are invading other countries at this point in wars that have nothing to do with national self-defense I say fuck each and every one of them.

I support the troops... when they turn the guns around on themselves.
>>
>>70711392
the edge
>>
>>70702465
My grandfather used to always say that people who thanked people in public like that only did so because they felt guilty about being too much of a coward to serve themselves. Not saying he was right or wrong, just sharing. He was a ww2 vet by the way.

>>70703101
I've actually done that before. Seems the right way to go about it in my opinion. No need to make a scene or give them the attention some of them want.

>>70711392
Can't tell if bait or if you're genuinely retarded.
>>
>>70702465
Dont thank them. Actual service members think its annoying, and you have no reason to. Those two wars in the sandbox weren't to "protect our freedom" and they chose to enlist.
>>
Call them welfare queen sacks of shit and carry on
>>
>>70711392
consider suicide at your best convenience
>>
>>70711966

No thanks. That's something that faggy veterans do.

MUH PTSD.
>>
> thank you for sacrificing yourself for Israeli interests

Only correct way
>>
>>70702681
this
and from an ausfag too - there's hope yet
>>
i'm prior and i see a lot of old vets at work. i ask them questions, we talk. there are no thanks. one was a pacific raider. cool man. if you really care, ask them about something specific unless you don't know anything to ask. edgy replies here are cut and paste for 40 years, begging for (you)'s. i didn't care before, during or after. if you want to "thank" someone, express some interest. if you have no interest, don't feign thankfulness. it's awkward.
>>
>>70711002
Someone paid behind (or ahead, whatever) for me once and I got so confused I drove off without my coffee. Don't fuck with the standard order.
>>
>>70702465
Because theyre glorified welfare queens, they haven't done shit.
>>
>>70702622
>>70702773
These attenion whores should stop wearing their uniforms in public then
>>
>>70711356
they're designed to be worn that way dumbshit
>>
File: 1459913392595.gif (2 MB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
1459913392595.gif
2 MB, 360x450
>>70702465
Autism

To everyone I say, thank you for your taxes that allow me to play video games, watch Netflix, eat fast food, and go to the occasional hooker.
>>
>>70702465
>thanking soldiers for being soldiers
Don't take the blue pill, they are not your friends. They are not there to serve you, they are there to serve their masters.
>>
>>70702465

Most service men are in the forces because it's work. It's nothing more than that. You can thank them, but it's about as meaningful to them as when you thank a gas station attendant or a bus driver. And if you think the military is about anything except fleecing the tax payers to pay big profits to hi-tech industry (war profiteering) and securing foreign resources for American investors, you're sorrily mistaken. So don't bother thanking them. They're just self-interested mercenaries.
>>
File: IMG_1493_sm_1000.jpg (132 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493_sm_1000.jpg
132 KB, 1000x750
>>70711132
We had a guy with a facial avulsion last night. Basically a car ran over him (literally over, I swear he had to have been sleeping in the road, drunk as fuck) and peeled back about 50% of his face from the forehead down across one eye. Stopped at the top of his eye socket.

Flopped it back over, trauma dressing, airway suctioning, 2x IV, intubate, helicopter.

I had a guy survive a small plane crash once, fucking miracle. He had a Leforts fracture I think, his gum section supporting his front 4-6 upper teeth was completely loose and flopping in his mouth and all sorts of other issues. He lived though...

It's actually more the socio-economic stuff I see that bothers me. Or elder abuse. It fucking breaks my heart to see helpless older people who aren't being properly cared for by the people they depend on.

Or on the opposite of the spectrum, they're in a nursing home and the family just won't let them 'go'. Instead of instituting comfort measures they insist on keeping them alive with no quality of life, and they have the POA to do it.

Or people who could break out of the poverty cycle but don't. Or could choose to avoid getting involved in drugs but don't. Or could simply stop drinking so much and destroying their fucking family but don't. And I can't fucking fix _that_.

Those are the things I really lay awake at night thinking about.
>>
>>70712404
I hate it when social norms get violated like that. I turn in to a total autist.

Th...thanks...Y..you too...
>>
The fuck is with these autismos and edge lords ITT? The other month the family was in the waiting area at a clear springs cafe and my grandpa who had his army rangers hat on with a bunch of pins/medals had a waiter come up and offer a quick "thank you for your service" and a handshake. We all felt a bit of pride for him and then moved on. Wasn't wierd at all. Then again I live in the heart of oil country in texas so most people here a successful white folk, with a small helping of oil field beans and trailer park trash. Normal white people thank others for their services.

As for the recent wars, any reason to kill Muslims is good enough for me. The religion is a threat to all of civilization so I'm proud that the USA had killed off a couple million in the past few decades.
>>
How about not interrupting their meal you autist?
>>
>thanks for defending Israel's interests, goy!
Yeah, I don't get why I should thank people in the armed forces these days.
>>
>>70713214

You're a fucking queer and a quack on wheels. You don't know shit. You're not a fucking doctor. I doubt that you are even a paramedic and more like an EMT from the way that you talk.

You guys are nothing but quacks on wheels. I would never call you fucking faggots. Even if I am an old diaper-shitting man I will drive my motherfucking self to the hospital and crawl to the front door.

Fuck you, ya fucking quack on wheels. Took two years of schooling and think that you have medical knowledge. HA. You don't know shit.
>>
>>70713345
A couple million is a drop in the bucket. That much just pisses them off and inspires them to go full jihad.

Unless you want to glass half the world mudslimes are not a problem that can be solved by dropping bombs on them. All we can do is contain them and tell them to stay the fuck out of our countries.
>>
>>70702465
why would you thank professional, volunteer soldiers for doing their jobs, which I reiterate, they volunteered to do under no obligation or pressure and received adequate compensation for? Its like thanking the mailman for delivering mail or thanking the cashier for ringing up your items.
>>
>>70702465
realize that 90% of people in the military don't see ocombat
>>
>>70713214
neat.
>>
>>70713791
Watch that edge there lil buddy, you might hurt yourself.
>>
>I was at Golden Corral today
He didn't want to shake your hand because he was eating, you fuckin sperg.

Also, how is Mississippi these days?
>>
>>70713791
Edge ala edge!!

I actually like you. I prefer that you do not call. Do I need to use some self-important anatomical and procedural terms to make my post more palatable? You sound like an RN. Most RNs I meet are very bitter. Unless they're young, in which case they're not quite bitter yet but still have a very inflated self worth.

They're all jealous of the fact that I can intubate and give drugs without even asking, though. It's what drives their sisterly bond.
>>
>>70702465
most hardasses dont really want some faggot coming up to them just look at the guy next time and see if hes the type of cunt to have time for autists
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1240x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1240x520
>>70705845
Wrong.

If he's serving in the military, he's an American.

Are you going to put race before your fellow countryman?
>>
>>70714168
Dude I went to a Golden Corral once and it was the most horrifying experience of my life. Now that I think about it it was probably triggering their PTSD due to its similarities to battle.

>Fat people literally shoving their way through line to get their meatloaf
>Children screaming
>Wh...what is that smell?
>Black people sit behind you and talk loudly
>What hell is this
>>
File: 1460259027760.png (113 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1460259027760.png
113 KB, 375x360
why would you thank someone unless you know they've been in combat? I know multiple people who joined the military, none have seen combat, two are on vacations in south korea/japan, one joined because he failed out of college and the other because he couldn't get into college. all funded by tax payer dollars
>>
>>70713791
Oh shit dude, sorry. Just realized you're the customer service guy.

Now I get it. You're jelly because your job sucks ass while I'm about to get paid to jack off and sleep.
>>
>>70702465
>What's the proper way to thank people in the military?
By spitting at them, more honour in treason than fighting for the state.
>>
>>70713214
>It's actually more the socio-economic stuff I see that bothers me.

yes that was what bothered me the most too. was a real wake up call after living my sheltered existence
>>
File: faggxorz.jpg (78 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
faggxorz.jpg
78 KB, 367x451
>>70702465

I hope you're a kike because that's the only kind of person that should be thanking the military goyim
>>
>>70703092
>they fought so your fatass can sit there
>jerking it to asian girls
fuck me, I never realised this,
I need to thank the shit outta them
>>
File: 2016-04-12 11.17.00.jpg (4 MB, 1676x2981) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 11.17.00.jpg
4 MB, 1676x2981
>>70702465
Well, as from my experience with American soldiers they do not want to be worshipped like somesort of idols, it actually makes them feel embarassing.

They are simple chaps, doing ordinary jobs and sometimes going to combat.
They are not some loud-mouthed, all bombing, 'MURICA FUCK YEA', jingoists as media and left-wing Hollywood tries to portray them. They would rather talk about weather, food, maybe local cultural differences, general geopolitical situation, not about dead bodies, how many people they killed and similar.
>>
I'd love for the draft to be re-instituted in the States. Just so I could see the pasty skinny white boys piss in their pants and run when Jamal runs at them.
>>
>>70714464

My job sucks? LOL. You get paid to rip off old people.

I did a paramedic ridealong when I was a teenager. I remember showing up at this one house that had the air conditioning blasted. The old woman who lived there complained about "being cold".

The paramedic fucks who I was with recommended that she be transported. It was all about money to them. Any normal person would've just told her to turn the damn air conditioning down, but these paramedic weasels were like "Let's take you to the hospital... and send you a $500 bill later."

You guys are quacks on wheels who rip off the elderly for a living. I would spit on you in person.
>>
File: masonry.gif (23 KB, 300x311) Image search: [Google]
masonry.gif
23 KB, 300x311
>>70714341
USA is no more of a country than the soviet union was.

its just a kolhoz of occupied babylonian slave goyim.ruled by the iron rod of the "chosen people".
>>
>>70703176
>he fought against Hitler
no, he fought for Murikan interests
(i.e. corporations) in Europe
thank you for your service, Great Grandpa
now go away and die
>>
>>70702465
Dude, unless it's evident that they've just returned from deployment, you're already having a conversation with them, or are going to be doing something else in regards to thanking them, then just don't. I'm not military, but have many friends who are and it just seems overly patriotic to go around thanking everyone who served and holy hell i'm nationalist as fuck. Support veteran organizations and shit like that if you want feelgoodz, otherwise you're just being kind of spergy. It's like fedoras being excessively nice to girls and shit, you're trying to be suave or show everyone how patriotic you are but it just makes you look sort of autistic.
>>
File: 1460407895073.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460407895073.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>70714866
ZOG
DUDE
LMAO
>>
File: 1445402853963.jpg (340 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1445402853963.jpg
340 KB, 1200x900
Heading off to bootcamp in a few weeks. Every night, I pray that random people don't come up to me all the time with random thanks. Look at me. I'm on a chinese cartoon discussion forum. I am not a social person.
>>
>>70702465
>What's the proper way to thank people in the military?
Don't vote Republican. They have a long track record of cutting VA benefits and limiting protective gear for troops.
>>
>>70714835
Private company or third service?

I do have to say private ambulances are pretty damn shady and not at all in the interest of the public or the patient. AMR and other privates will more or less punish employees for not enough billing. I work third service and we don't do that shit. I encourage people to drive themselves all the time.

But that's systemic of the entire medical system. You might as well spit on the hospital staff next because they're ripping you off too.

Except you're not going to spit on any of us, you're just going to keep shit posting out of bitterness before going back to work and dealing with assholes all day. I'm going to go get my paid night of sleep before my week off starting tomorrow :)

We'll talk about the awesome PTO I get some other time.
>>
>>70715052
shituanian kike spotted.

last week I saw some shituanian kikes marching through my city bearing a shituanian flag along with israeli flag.

I really wished I had my AK with me there be a drive by and shoot with a few dead kikes story here.
>>
>>70702465
can you imagine being approached by a regular from /pol/? that would be horrible; just look at the mental inhibition implied from this post
>>
>>70713791
>quack on wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU
>>
File: 1456787733376.jpg (2 MB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
1456787733376.jpg
2 MB, 1754x1240
>>70715165
Yes, we Yids are indeed KANGZ. We can cuck up le based Putin and the "unMossadable Assad" (the Golan heights). And nothing you can do instead let your butthurt flow on 4chan.
>>
>>70713113
I'm sure you feel very fulfilled at whatever your job is.
>>
File: 2157599.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
2157599.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1024
>>70711392
>>
File: combat patch.jpg (584 KB, 990x692) Image search: [Google]
combat patch.jpg
584 KB, 990x692
>>70706579
>Combat patch

topkek

Arent they switching to the badges on the pockets anyway? Im not a militaryfag myself but friends have been bringing it up.
>>
>thank you for fucking up Middle East!
Not saying you should throw eggs at them, but c'mon.
>>
>>70702465
Yeah you did it wrong
We had yanks on base once my mate Trevor showed me how you greet them he just walked up to them woooo ing as loudly as he could when he got close enough Trevor pulled out his pistol and shot corporal darling with it while shouting FUCK YEAH
The yanks fooled by the friendly fire treated Trevor as one of their own from that day on
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.