[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>conservashits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
>conservashits
>>
jerkoff fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour
>>
>>70702463

>Economically illiterate third-worlder
>>
File: 15Dollars.jpg (60 KB, 589x442) Image search: [Google]
15Dollars.jpg
60 KB, 589x442
>>70702463
Enjoy your replacement.
>>
>>70702463
>Raise minimum wage to accommodate high cost of living
>Cost of living rises
>"Raise it higher! Stop looking for other solutions to the problem! Also stop pretending like this was caused by us!"
>>
Minimum wage already increases to match the increase in the cost of living. That's why minimum wage isn't $1.75 like it was a few decades ago.

$15 dollars an hour isn't a cost of living increase, it's a naive attempt at "wealth redistribution" that would backfire and fuck over the entire working class.
>>
God forbid you develop skills to make yourself more valuable, so that you can make more money.
>>
Why does everyone one of these shitty "Occupy democrat"-esque infograms sound so passive aggressive, and why do I STILL get angry as fuck every time, even when I know most of it is bait?
>>
t. monetarists
>>
I live in cali and a $15 minimum wage is going to literally genocide every business that isn't a mega corp
My dad's cousin owns a bar in downtown sacramento (been there for like 70 years or some shit) and she was saying that she will close the business because of this
>>
>>70702463
nobody remembers when the average wage was $8000 and yet this was a "golden era of labor"
>>
>>70702463

>Chile
>Relevant
>>
>>70702463
>implying $15/hour minimum wage just isn't a ploy by the left-wing to increase the amount of taxable income on the lower classes

fucking retards, the lot of you
>>
>>70702463

I hear helicopters.
>>
>>70702463
Mexicans do all the low paying jobs Americans don't want to
~Average Libshit
>implying it's not the abundant supply of Mexicans and cheap minority's that keep low paying wages so low

Libersls in charge of understanding jobs and economics, not even once.
>>
>>70702463
>even though that was the purpose of the federal minimum wage law
[citation needed]
>>
>>70702463
Why not make it $50/hr? Surely hard working AMERICANS deserve better than just a lowly $15 right?

By the way, how does that infographic not just refute itself? Wtf?
>>
>>70702910
that was the 70s right? yeah a fuckin house also cost like $13k
so while the average wage has tripled roughly the cost of a house has gone up like 20 fold or some shit
>>
>>70702463
why not make minimum wage $50/hr
>>
>>70703409
meant to type 10 fold
>>
>>70702463
>raise the minimum wage because poor people are struggling to live
>they get fired because they aren't worth $15 an hour and they struggle even harder
>>
>>70702463

>Hey, illegal immigrants are good because they do jobs for less and so we can have cheaper goods
>Raise the minimum wage so poor people can afford more stuff, prices won't increase.

>We love the poor and working class!
>Illegal immigration is great, they do the jobs we don't want to do! By we, I mean me and my suburban liberal friends.
>>
>>70703409
Women started working more, the average household now had two incomes and thus the cost of housing massively increased. The housing market is somewhat unique in that you're essentially bidding against other potential buyers.
>>
>>70702614
Great! The faster we automate, the better
>>
>>70703484
$100,000/hr would be better. I could finally buy that mansion i've been looking at
>>
>>70702463
Hispanic cuck

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70702561
The magic boats solution is possible. Look up buffer stock employment scheme (aka job guarantee policy).
>>
File: minimum-wage-inflation-large.png (129 KB, 1152x747) Image search: [Google]
minimum-wage-inflation-large.png
129 KB, 1152x747
>>70702463

The minimum wage is already in line with increases in costs of living
>>
>>70702561

>Apparently economically literate American
>Uses 3 panel comic as his argument
>>
>>70704435
Your graph doesn't show what you says it shows.

It adjusts for inflation, so whatever the min wage was in 1970, it would just over $10 dollars today.

Of course the line would meet at the current year because 1$ today is worth 1$ today. You can't adjust for inflation because the $1 exists at the current level of inflation.
>>
>>70703977
true but 2 people on average income can't afford a house
>>
>>70702463
Man whoever made that image had no fucking clue what cost of living meant.
>>
>>70702463
>denying math and history

WEW
>>
Is this just a ploy to get more libtards packed into libtard cities?
>>
>>70702463
>intellectually dishonest kikebook memes meant to appeal to economically illiterate 15 year olds who can't deal with nuanced issues and no easy feel-good solutions to social problems
>>
>>70704435
idiots like this are why i come here
>>
>>70702463
You're right, we should just reevaluate what the minimum wage should be every single week, and adjust it.

Too bad that by doing this, you achieve Venezuela, where you need a literal backpack full of cash to purchase a single meal.
>>
I'm not sure I quite get it. For those wanting the minimum wage to be higher in order to meet living expenses, why not lobby for the government to intervene in a way to lower the prices, instead of pushing for inflation? Both are equally as intrusive with regards to the government's control on the economy, but one of them is an inflatory measure that just sends a ripple up the line, whereas another puts regulations on how much people profit can be made off of people in such a way that living standards raise for everyone with the cost being shouldered by the companies that impose the costs- not in a way which takes money, but only slows profit rates.
>>
>>70705000
I own a home by myself on less than average income. Shop smart folks.
>>
The problem isn't the minimum wage, it's third world trash with 5+ children that expect to survive on a McDonalds salary for years on end.
>>
>>70705760
you either inherited it, live in the ghetto or got extremely lucky
>>
>>70702561
This is so dumb that I can see conservashits falling for it.
>>
File: NEETcomfy.jpg (44 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
NEETcomfy.jpg
44 KB, 409x409
>>70702614
Way ahead of you.
>>
15 is insanity. $9 or $10 seems perfectly reasonable
>>
>>70704440
>"smart" brit
>counter argument is absolutely nothing
>>
>>70705792
Bought a foreclosure in an Ohio burb. Not exactly uncommon.
>>
>>70704435
right wingers are the biggest retards on the planet
>>
>>70705923
oh ok so you bought it a few years ago then right
>>
>>70705717
Because everyone focuses on the money, rather than the actual product. Flooding the economy with money will not raise the amount of product produced. It will only increase demand for the same amount of product, causing prices to inflate.

And, even though someone explains this EVERY THREAD, all you really do is make it harder for uneducated people to get jobs, because increasing the price of workers will only make businesses either demand that the worker make them more than 15/hr, or have them hire people who are willing to work under the minimum wage (illegal immigrants, which make up anywhere from 10-30 million people, or up to ~10% of our population). Have fun competing with them when you can't legally work for the wages you are offering.

But no, we need to raise the minimum wage AND keep illegals flooding in.
>>
>>70702463
Artificially raising the cost of living you meddling twit.
>>
>>70705977
Yes, and there's still plenty around.
>>
>these jobs weren't meant to survive off of

Hey look everyone a sneaky strawman. No, the right wing talking point is you don't raise a family on minimum wage. Anyone can survive on minimum wage on their own.
>>
>>70702463
>get paid $10 to deal with scum of the earth while a hanes cotton picker gets $15 to microwave a soy patty
Wew lad
>>
The problem is idiots living in NYC working at McDonald's

You could work at McDonald's in bumble fuck Tennessee pay zero state income tax and live like a king. It's the idiots that can't figure out that living in expensive areas is not feasible on a shit wage
>>
>>70705849
Then refute it.
>>
>>70705000

I live in the middle of fucking nowhere. You can buy a house for $50k that's decent. $20k for a fixer/shithole.
>>
>>70704440
>thinks the mark of understanding isn't being able to explain something to someone who knows nothing
>>
>>70706165
Yup. My rent is one of the more expensive ones in my town, and I'm paying 400/month. Attached garage, all-wooden floors, Central Heat/AC, a shed in the back yard, pet friendly. Also includes washer/dryer hookups, as well as the stove, the fridge, and a garbage disposal system. 1 bed, 1 bath. Friend of mine is willing to live with less, and decided to get a 3 bedroom, 1 bath for 350/month. Lawn care is included both on my duplex, and with his house.

But we don't live in a Metro. I work at a power plant, he works in a factory.
>>
File: image.png (180 KB, 492x371) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180 KB, 492x371
>>70702809
Because even stupid people think being smart is "cool" now, but they don't know how to become smart so they just pretend superiority which is why everyone you know is now essentially pic related
>>
>>70703174
wait hahaha wait wait hol up

hol up

HOL UP

how do these mexicans, getting paid less than minimum wage *giggles*

how do they not all die, becuase you can't survive on minimum wage??????

wait, how are any of these liberals arguing? about raising the minimum wage? if.. "they can;t survive"

bahahahahahaaha
>>
>>70706026
Honestly, the only way out that I can see is a major paradigm shift towards education, particularly STEM, through a combination of policies which incentivize tech firms, research labs, and other such industries to stay within the borders, and a revamp of the educational system.

I don't want to put my marxist hat on in full degree, but I do believe that a lot of the problems you see in upper education happen simply because of the monetized nature of it. You get a bunch of spoiled shits who either take out loans far too big for their britches, or their parents pay for them to go and get a degree that may or may not benefit society, and may or may not benefit the self. On an individual level, I find it hard to argue that people can't do what makes them happy so long as it doesn't harm anybody else, but on a structural level with it being so prevalent, I think there's a larger force at play that must be dealt with.

If a good portion of the funds that already go towards financial aid, as well as policies and taxation efforts on private colleges were used towards revamped state colleges that hold higher standards and have more defined focus, then I think we can get on a better track to a healthy, skilled workforce and a healthy market.

If everybody moves up a notch, including companies that would otherwise outsource or bring in illegal immigrants, then there should be far less corporate backlash to border control and immigration enforcement.
>>
>>70706408
I like this one because they lowered the goal posts. The meme used to be, minimum wage should be livable wage. Now they are saying it should be a survivable wage and implying Republicans didn't agree that yes it's a survivable wage not a livable wage. This means we are winning basically.
>>
>>70702463

Except it does increase the cost of everything.

They did that shit out in Calgary. Low and behold, employers had to jack up their prices in order to stay profitable. Rent costs went up. Every fucking thing went up.

It's only advantageous to people who are okay living in their car, eating nothing but mac and cheese, and drinking only tap water. Those people can just save up money for a couple of years, then move to Thailand and retire like kings n sheeit.
>>
>>70706550
There's nothing wrong with being nationalist. If you aren't going to be nationalist enough to enforce your own boarders, then you cease to be a country.

I'm not against raising the minimum wage again. What I'm against doing is raising the minimum wage, and doing nothing else. Get the government out of private industries, like college loans. Get the illegals out of the industry, where they will offer to work at wages that legals can't.

Then once all of that is done, THEN raise the minimum wage, if needed.
>>
>>70702463
It's simple. When your boss pays you 6 dollars per hour, it's because he can't afford to pay more and he is required not to pay less. If you force him to pay you more, he'll have to shrink, cut corners, etc.
You or your workmate will end up jobless so that the boss can pay the other dude, or he bankrupt because now it's impossible to work without his employees.
>>
File: Old-Canadian-Flag-2.jpg (59 KB, 706x399) Image search: [Google]
Old-Canadian-Flag-2.jpg
59 KB, 706x399
>>70702463
If you wanted to keep up with inflation for the minimum wage it is right about there already around the middle of the average since 1938. The highest is as ever been (adjusted for inflation) was 10.86, which is still a a 1.14 away from the 'moderate' Hillary Clinton and very far from the $15 that your dank meme and comrade sanders calls for. But even then it was only $10 for a very short period of time, the average has been between $6-8 http://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/minimum-wage-since-1938/
>>
>>70706929
I think the problem is actually something of the opposite. I think nationalizing education would be for the benefit of the people over allowing it to go privatized in an unbridled way.

I care about my country, but I don't care about the corporations within it who have no real allegiance to the country or its peoples. I don't think the government should micromanage or have complete control of any aspect of the economy, but I do believe that the government should have control over absolution within the economy- setting minimums and maximums that prevent entities from subverting the national interest while allowing profit to be made.

I'm biased to a degree. I went to uni for biochemistry and got it paid for by the government by being a poorfag. I put in the effort, learned the trade, and now I'm a productive member of society. This is similar with most of the people I know who went to college on the government's dime- they have some realization of what poverty is, and those who aspire for higher education typically have an idea of the power of the dollar, moreso than those of the middle class or higher who go to college more as an obligation, take out loans with which they don't have any grasp of the value, and then squander it on a useless degree.
>>
>>70702614
I would be so happy if I never had to see another fast food worker for the rest of my life
>>
>>70707831
>Nationalizing education
Nope. That is the equivalent of government pushing what it thinks the industry needs, as far as education. Centralized planning never works as well. That's how you wind up with shit like common core.

It's better to let the people of the private sector pull what it needs.
>>
>>70708079
Don't eat fast food, works for me
>>
>>70708117
I'd ordinarily agree with that, but times have changed. I don't mean that in the cliche fashion, but more that the advent of globalization has fundamentally changed the name of the game of the free market.

The free market, with the current state of the world, is impossible. The core reason is that both with regards to immigration and outsourcing, labor is a commodity that can be freely used within the free market. When we consider that many tech jobs (Boeing, certain medical firms are having things interpreted over seas, tech support, etc.) are being outsourced due to other countries being able to provide labor at a lower cost (working the hand of the free market), we can see that the free market in a globalized world moves ever slower towards the subversion of the nation-state.

That is to say, the more free trade evolves in this sense, the more open our borders will become, both in sending jobs out and accepting labor in- it becomes another facet of the free market.

I do agree that the government having control over educational standards is scary shit, but I think the point is just against polarization. Commoncore is also a brainchild of Bill Gates, so it's not like money doesn't have a good say in that as well (though the same could be said for anything that's been heavily lobbied by corporations).

I don't think planning is the option, but heavy incentivization. Protectivism against foreign laborers and for local jobs. In order to achieve this, the government has to have a degree of intervention, and as a long-term fix, a more highly skilled and educated workforce through programs and funding aimed at creating a skilled worker or laborer out of everyone- or at least the ability to do so.
>>
>>70708549
You are correct in that free trade is impossible without a global currency and global minimum wage. That has nothing to do with college, however, and having one government plan centrally will do nothing to stop those problems.

Incentivization IS central planning. You like how everything has corn in it today? Sick of everything having High Fructose Corn Syrup in it? Well, you are paying for it, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>70702463
Fast food shouldn't be making that much, those are kids jobs. Raising the minimum wage to $15/hr means that everyone that previously made $15/hr and up just got a massive pay cut. Inflation will also mean that making $15/hr will be a complete joke in short order.

This will only succeed in hurting working class people for the sake of bottom of the barrel retards that actually think McDonalds is a valid career choice.
>>
>>70708798
Not necessarily. Rather than incentivization in the traditional sense of subsidizing, but rather a combination of deterrents towards moving out of the country and benefits within the country that aren't necessarily just money- such as what one might see with a proposed carbon credit system, where companies are given ways to deal with pollution levels given credits. I'm not saying that in particular, but as a model, such things can be used in order to strike two birds with a single stone, as it were.

With regards to education, the point I'm trying to make is that the free market as it is now relies on foreign labor and foreign jobs as another facet of the economy, meaning that education being another facet of the free market would suffer a sort of inefficiency with regards to the production of workers with the nation's best interest, leading to a slow decay of the nation-state.

If the private sector has complete dominion over education, and the private sector finds more profit in expanding outsourcing and immigration efforts, then that will (and has been) reflected in education. Rather than efforts to educate and train our own peoples, there will be (and has been, and currently we are experiencing) an influx of foreign students, and a shift away from jobs that are being outsourced (even tech jobs that we would otherwise want Americans occupying).

I don't think the government should play so much an active role in the deciding of what education should look like, or the economy, but rather a counterbalancing role to prevent the private sector from going too far.
>>
>>70702463
LITERALLY JUST RAISE IT LIKE ONE DOLLAR, WHY DO LIBTARDS KEEP ASKING FOR 15 BUCKS?

1965 minimum wage was 1.25- which is equivalent to $9.80 today
>>
>>70708079
Im sure fast food workers would love to never see your lard ass again either.
>>
>>70702463
>implying the value of these jobs has increased alongside inflation, its a wonder we can still force value on positions worth so little.
>>
>>70702614
>tfw I work as a design engineer
>tfw we build shit like those and self checkouts
>tfw i encourage retarded minimum wage fags because then i will get paid to replace them
>>
>>70702463
>doing easy illiterate tier job
>can't have 2 jobs at once
>asks for increase of salary
why do liberals always want free shits without effort?
>>
>>70704435
>This graph seems to imply that the USA has had large negative inflation recently....i really really doubt this.
>>
Minimum wage should be 500 dollars an hour. Trust me. I'm an economist.
>>
>>70704298
>It's easy guys, just have a taxpayer-funded, government-subsidized program to employ the unemployable
Is this really what qualifies as a "solution" in Ausfalia?
>>
The cost of living didn't double in a few years.

An inflation-adjusted minimum wage would be just a bit over $8.
>>
>>70713010

have to agree here, 5000 dollars an hour minimum wage will revitalize our economy
>>
File: 1458703480853.png (284 KB, 432x515) Image search: [Google]
1458703480853.png
284 KB, 432x515
>wants to raise minimum wage
>texas is getting flooded by sub .6 hdi mexishits who "do the jobs we don't want"
kek
>>
>>70713010
>what do you mean, 400mg ibuprofen helps with your pain
>Why not just take 4000mg then
>Or 400000mg

$15 is still dumb.
>>
>>70705717
Fucking THIS. Raising the minimum wage is not a solution; it only aggravates the problem by incentivizing businesses to send their capital overseas. If we want to actually have a prosperous labor sector, we have two options: 1) adopt protectionist policies to isolate ourselves from the global economy, or 2) learn to compete on a global scale. This free trade but high wages shit is just a recipe for economic decay.
>>
>>70702997

This is a good point, I can't say I've ever heard changing the tax brackets bundled with raising the minimum wage from lefties.
>>
>>70702463
You give people more, people spend more, when people spend more you get inflation and the prices of goods and services rise, you then need a new minimum wage. These economic changes happen organically, you can't just fix them by sticking another pound on the minimum wage.
>>
>>70713927
>If we want to actually have a prosperous labor sector, we have two options: 1) adopt protectionist policies to isolate ourselves from the global economy, or 2) learn to compete on a global scale.
And both don't work.

The US already competes on the global scale. But that's the high-end market, and the high-end market is limited, and highly contested by other first world nations. You can't grow here to a degree that would abolish the minimum wage service sector, or lift it significantly.

Talking about the lower end of the global industry, even minimum wage is too high. There's a reason life sucks for third world workers, their job just doesn't produce enough, and it wouldn't either in the US.

As for economic isolation, now THAT is a recipe for disaster that'd fuck you both in the high-end AND in the low-end sector.

The labor market in the US is saturated. If you want to desaturate it, but as just shown can't increase the job supply without introducing crushing poverty, it's time to choke the labor supply.

Build wall. Deport mexicans. Introduce a labor shortage, and wages will go up.
>>
>>70714077
I keep hearing this argument, but it just isn't true.

The minimum wage sector isn't all that large. On the macro scale, its influence is small, compared to the middle class. But the middle class still gets raises. Wages in general still go up, and inflation happens either way.

In other words, a stagnant minimum wage is slowly falling behind an inflation that the rest of the market causes. The minimum wage isn't staying constant, the real minimum wage is falling.
>>
File: 1459909127226.gif (3 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1459909127226.gif
3 MB, 353x234
>paying 2400$ a month to a burger flipper
>>
>>70702463
Say hello your automation replacement socialist leach
>>
>>70714112
>Deport mexicans

You sound like a Nazi. Think of everyone's feelings before suggesting such insensitive solutions.
>>
>>70714543
>everyone who is against economic genoccide is a nazi
>everyone who's against genocide is a nazi
>everyone who's against imagrents is a nazi
>I can't justify anything. So I compare them to people I know nothing about
>>
File: 15 DOLLARS NOW.jpg (79 KB, 668x696) Image search: [Google]
15 DOLLARS NOW.jpg
79 KB, 668x696
>>70702463
>liberals think these people deserve 15/hr
>>
>>70702463
How about this:
>kill off a majority of minimum-wage earners and people without a job
>suddenly demand is higher than supply
>companies will outcompete each other in the wage department
>fewer McDonalds, Starbucks, Walmarts and other degenerate locations
>opens up more living space in pretty much any location
>the general rent and thereby cost of living drop, while the wages increase
>>
>>70714660
>what is sarcasm
>>
>>70714746
Just kill the blacks. Blacks make up most of the minwageslave workers and contribute to poverty and homelessness.
>>
>>70705776
Bump
>>
>>70703977
Housing is more expensive because expensive and low density solutions are mandated. This works fine in rural areas and suburbs but fucks up hard wherever land values are decent.
>>
>>70706333

Thanks Anon. You validated my confusing admiration for a teacher I respected, but was a total cunt too with that.
>>
>>70702463
It's all well and good to want to guarantee a living wage, but it's never going to work unless the government were to step in and begin policing the marketplace, prohibiting businesses from raising prices. They'd also have to implement heavy-handed regulations that would ensure the increased pay was coming out of corporate profits and shareholder dividends instead. Strictly speaking, the measures that would be required would be illegal and any laws passed to allow it wouldn't stand up to a constitutional challenge either. Even if the way was paved and it was allowed, I guarantee you it would scarcely be a generation before the gubbermints or at least a few hot and bothered policy makers would abuse the living shit out of it to control people /push an agenda/rob the system blind.
>>
>>70702463
>hard working
>>
>>70702463
If we get rid of the minimum wage will prices really drop? Or will Jewish business owners just keep the savings? If the minimum wage goes up prices don't have to go up. They could just eat the loss but they don't because they are greedy
>>
Work my way up from minimum wage to 20.50

Faggots get together and vote for a raise

Angrypepe.png
>>
>>70702463
>I should be able to feed a family by flipping Burgers :^)

Or you could do something actually useful and get a proper wage.
>>
File: unemployment-and-minimum-wage.jpg (30 KB, 705x439) Image search: [Google]
unemployment-and-minimum-wage.jpg
30 KB, 705x439
>>70702463
Think about it.
>>
>>70704093
$100,000/hr? Are you kidding me right now?

$10,000,000/hr and we could kiss poverty goodbye forever.
>>
>>70702860
Which bar?
>>
The economic ramifications for forcing your money to inflate is insane.
>>
>>70717559
why cant money just be free we could buy like the whole word
>>
>let's not do a thing that would lead to an outcome that defeats the purpose of doing that thing, landing us back at square 1
>stupid conservatives!

is this a joke
>>
>>70717894

dude I know right? we should like totally make it all free man like every thing. Free love woooo don't nuke the whales bra!
>>
>>70706095

This. A single person living alone or sharing with other adults is more than capable of 'surviving' on minimum wage.
>>
>>70714739

What was the prank? Why would they destroy their place of employment because of a phone call?

I... just... what is the context here?
>>
I work in fast food. I make 9 bucks an hour and I do okay. I'm not starving. Most food places actually pay at least 8. I don't think that I deserve 15 an hour. It's not hard work unless you're a retard. People who say they can't survive are living beyond their means.
>>
I for one think there should be a negative minimum wage. All of the jobs that pay minimum wage can and will be replaced by machines within the next decade, so one ought to pay their employer for letting them work at all.
>>
>>70704823
did you really have trouble reading that graph?

a person at the beginning was not making 4 dollars an hour, yet had the purchasing power just the same

a person now has even more purchasing power
>>
>>70713818
>what do you mean taking 400mg every day has stopped working for pain
>what do you mean the cost of pain reduction has gone up
>>
>>70702463
>Liberal states have explosive costs of living
>Raise the minimum wage
>Changes nothing
>C-C-CONSERVASHITS WHY ARE YOU FUCKING EVERYTHING UP
Wake up call Liberal retards, we didn't stop you from doing anything. If California wants to implement a $15 minimum wage there's nothing Texas can do to stop you. Go ahead.

And when your economy tanks, as it has been doing for the last ten years, you'll bail out to Texas and start implementing retarded policies here too. See the pattern? You'll notice that there's no mass Texan migration to the People's Republic of California.

Seriously, you guys are supposed to be the richest state, why don't you have universal healthcare yet? Do you think that the Federal Government would have an easier job of it? Why? The Federal Government includes West Virginia and Mississippi, a bunch of dirt poor shitholes, the Fed should be LESS capable of implementing it than your rich liberal utopia, so why don't you have it yet?

Texas can't stop California from implementing single-payer healthcare. Texas can't stop California from creating a perfectly synchronized mass transit network. Nobody is stopping you, so why haven't you done it yet?

We all know why. It's because you don't have the money. But if you don't have the money, why would you assume that the USA as a whole, which is MUCH poorer than California et all, would be able to?

I have asked this question of a hundred Liberals and the answer is always the same:

"W-well, the Federal Government can print money, and we can't."

This is an open admission that your plan is retarded. I'll wait as long as you'd like for another explanation. Please, make my day.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.