[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Patriot Act still a thing? All that buzz from a year back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Patriot-Act.jpg (44 KB, 405x304) Image search: [Google]
Patriot-Act.jpg
44 KB, 405x304
Is the Patriot Act still a thing? All that buzz from a year back has seemed to die down.
>>
>>70698327
Did Edward Snowden accomplish what he was set out to do? Or is the NSA still spying on us
>>
Just use a proxy bro
>>
>>70698623
>Did Edward Snowden accomplish what he was set out to do?
What did that CIA shill set out to do again? I have forgotten, it has been so long since I read anything about him or cared what a CIA employee has to say about the evils the other agencies of the IC are doing.
>>
>>70699594
Well he mostly gave light to what was happening inside the NSA. I don't see how that would be shilling for the CIA
>>
>>70699827
He spoke bad of every single alphabet agency save the CIA and even extended it down the line to local police. The CIA though remained almost completely unscathed from his "disclosures."
>>
It's been buried under the whole 'increasingly nervous GOP desperately trying to stop Trump in any way up to and including blatantly disregarding the will of the people" thing.
>>
File: IMG-20160411-WA0183.jpg (73 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160411-WA0183.jpg
73 KB, 900x1600
A lot of messaging services and calling services are encrypted now. Its good
>>
>>70699898

Okay. So?
>>
>>70699941
Yeah im using signal now, its pretty good. But still, why isn't government surveillance a thing anymore?
>>
>>70699941
So what? A baseband attack will go around that unless you have a very secure phone.

>>70699989
The point is that he is a CIA asset and all his "disclosures" are old news meant to harm everyone save the CIA.
>>
>>70700077

Okay. Even if that is true, he provided actual evidence that the U.S. spies on absolutely everybody, along with having secret courts.

Previously you would get people screaming "LOL TINFOIL HAT!" if you suggested such a thing.
>>
The Patriot Act has existed since 2002 and the NSA has been spying on its citizens for at least 10 years

Its really nothing to be surprised about
>>
>>70699941
Too bad pedo fucks are using them on kids so they can send them naked pics encrypted.
>>
>>70700436
>Okay. Even if that is true
It is true, dont you doubt that.
> he provided actual evidence that the U.S. spies on absolutely everybody, along with having secret courts.
The CIA walked away undamaged and nothing changed at all.
>Previously you would get people screaming "LOL TINFOIL HAT!" if you suggested such a thing.
Does that matter if nothing changed, because the end result is the same in both cases.
>>
>>70700593
>Too bad pedo fucks are using them on kids so they can send them naked pics encrypted.
>Muh pedo's canard
Yeah, that doesnt matter, that is a small fraction of what goes on in terms of communications which are encrypted and it is a poor reason to legislate against encryption methods.
>>
>>70700570
Shouldn't the public have a reason to care? I feel like its so weird more people weren't in more uproar than they were. Seems like nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>70701638
Well they did give a fuck by complaining about it on the internet for a few weeks until they lost interest and moved on to something else
It's pretty much like that with most events these days
>>
>>70701638
>Shouldn't the public have a reason to care?
They are dumb, they get what they deserve.
>I feel like its so weird more people weren't in more uproar than they were. Seems like nobody gives a fuck
They never really learned what was going on unless they researched it themselves as the MSM gave it soft coverage. Furthermore, during events such as that the media generally draws the attention of the dumb away from what matters using all sorts of cunning tricks to tug at the heart strings and divide us.
>>
>>70701865
>It's pretty much like that with most events these days
And it will only get worse as this is now the new normal and tomorrows new normal is always slightly worse.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.