[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a Christian, how can joining the army be justified? Can I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 640x640
As a Christian, how can joining the army be justified? Can I serve my country and my God at the same time?
>>
no, because a country is just a patch of land that you step on.

a country has no "identity" to speak of yet governments are pushing this stupid idea of patriotism, national pride, heroism etc.
>>
Steady pay check
"see the world"
Free college

Those are the 3 reasons people join.
>>
>>70695068
Yeah, why wouldn't you be able to?
Honest question.
Most military jobs are just desk jobs or you could be a chaplain if you really are that religious.
>>
>>70696277
Commie detected
>>
>>70695068
Only if you country support.christianity and do not support infidels

Not your case through
>>
>>70695068
>what are the Crusades
>>
>>70695068
There were roman guards and centurions who were baptised in the NT, so I see no reason why you couldn't be part of the army.
>>
File: 1458953327640.jpg (64 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
1458953327640.jpg
64 KB, 970x647
>>70695068
>as a christian
you can serve your g*d by worshiping jamals feet.
>>
>>70695068
Back to your hovel christcuck
>>
>>70695068
>As a Christian
alien religion scum
>>
Do it brother in the service their are loads of religious dudes were in a holy war fuck Muslims
>>
>>70695068
Look at the bigger picture. Gideon and other people were called upon to go to war against philistines and such, and clearly killed people. Drastic times call for drastic measures, but no I don't think that war is inherently evil.

Now, instead of defending america from a foreign nation you are cracking street kids' heads in Saudi Arabia for no reason, yeah, that's pretty fucked.

So pray and ask God if it's really necessary right now.
>>
>>70695068
People here will pretend you can, but in reality it will only cuck you, and if you really follow it you should be all 'no violence'.
>>
File: lllmkl.jpg (58 KB, 500x690) Image search: [Google]
lllmkl.jpg
58 KB, 500x690
jesus hated the fucking rich. he said the wealthy really don't get into heaven.
but you retards just tell yourselves you have money because he loves you.
just as bad as the fucking jews.
anyone keeping all of their riches and material goods instead of passing them on is going to fucking hell. jesus will spit on your for your selfish shitty live praising yourselves in his name.
>remember sodom and gamorrah, remember what GOD fucking did to them?
>why did he do that? to poor sodom??
> but brainwashed retarded shills calling themselves christians scream for gay rights to make their OWN country, our own nation, the NEW sodom.

~YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID AND BEING MANIPULATED JESUS IS ASHAMED OF YOU!~
>>
>>70695068

No u cant, your God or anyone's God should be above countries.

What do you feel? The rule of thumb is if you are not sure if its right, then its wrong (sinful). Because God deal with absolutes
>>
File: allahsux.gif (1 MB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
allahsux.gif
1 MB, 294x240
>>70695068
>>70695068
yes if its a christian nation

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
File: 1460293140488.png (63 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1460293140488.png
63 KB, 350x350
>>70695068
Jesus never condemned the Roman centurion who came to Him in the Gospels. He never said "Hey, you need to stop expanding the Pagan Roman Empire and hurting innocent people!"

No, instead Jesus said "greater faith have I not seen in all Israel."

Yes, you can serve God and your country if you conduct yourself with honor and cling to what is right. God will honor your service if it is done according to His will, prayerfully, and in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
If you were truly loyal to your god you'd be leading a new crusade to free the holy land of jerusalem for true catholic rule.
>>
>>70695068
>As a Christian, how can joining the army be justified?

Pretty hard to do with our current crop of politicians, but soldiering and fighting for a good cause is not discouraged in the bible.

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God's servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.