[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post the biggest meme degree that you know someone fell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: success.jpg (49 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
49 KB, 604x453
ITT:

Post the biggest meme degree that you know someone fell for

I'll start: philosophy
>>
>I fell for the meme degree meme
>>
Sociology. Friend is a career student. That was his latest degree and tries to mentally analyze people when he's drunk now. I hate that son of a bitch but he gets really, really good cocaine.
>>
My university had a "Innovation Degree."

If you wanted to do Tech degree you had to take some of those classes. So many fedoras who had no idea about anything.

Protip: You can't teach innovation
>>
>>70694593
Also philosophy, but the guy acknowledges it's stupid and just wants to live with his parents watching anime forever.

Very sad.
>>
>>70694593
Comp sci.

Once one smartass CS guy codes an AI capable of writing itself, you're all useless.

Then again, so are we all I suppose. Onwards to a utopia where wagecucking is no longer a thing.
>>
>>70694593
criminal justice/criminology
>>
Communications
>>
My brother's roommate was a "creative writing" major, an odd choice since the guy was in a remedial English class and was barely literate. He smoked a shitload of weed and had this idea that he was going to "tell the stories of his adventures," what adventures he meant I'm not sure, he was a 400lb fatass who spent every weekend in his dorm playing video games. Usually I saw him when I came to pick up my little bro for shit. I think my favorite memory of him was when his parents came to his dorm to take all of his vidya systems (he had like all of them) because he had shit grades after first semester, then as soon as they left he went out and bought all new ones. $1000 flushed because this fucker wanted to try to pull one over on his parents.
>>
I have a chance to earn another in a different field and I'm really trying to figure out whether I should go towards IP law, Medical, or Engineering (EE or Mech). What will /pol/ suggest? Draw back to medicine is that your job becomes your life and it's at least 8 years rather than 3-4.
>>
>>70694593
Perhaps now it's a meme degree since you can get all philosophy books/lectures online for free/low cost and have discussion online for free. That makes it somewhat pointless to pay for a degree from a non-prestigious uni.

Philosophy is a better field of study than the angsty, superior, "objective value", robot STEMfags would have you believe though - it did invent the academy and science in the first place.
>>
nearly everything is a meme degree.
>>
>>70695358
Engineering (EE) imo
>>
>>70695471
This. Philosophy has become a meme degree because of all the post modernist bullshit.
I usually tell my students to get a double major, Philosophy + something to pay the bills. The motto being: one for the dole, one for the soul.
>>
Computer Science.

Oh wait, I make bank, have one of the coziest jobs in the world, and will never be unemployed. Nevermind.
>>
>>70695520
This. Any degree can be stupid and worthless if you don't work at it
>>
>>70695729

just wait.. pajeet is on his way
>>
>>70694593
i have a minor in philosophy because i find it interesting
>>
>>70694593

I have a friend who majored in philosophy and went to law school and now makes 200k. Although for 99% of philosophy majors your salary will be shit, I agree.
>>
CompSci and the Arts.

I don't know anyone who fell for the philosophy or sociology meme

the compsci dude though got memed on hard, he still whines about no job
>>
>>70695714
Yeah, I think EE is most likely the best path. If I want to continue down the medical path I can just get a masters in Biomed.
>>
>>70695080

You disproved your own point lol. I'm CS and our biggest fear is not super smart AI it's hordes of poo in loos who work for a fifth of what we wake.
>>
>>70694593
video game design

Thankfully, not me
>>
Psychology

Poli-sci
>>
>>70696196
Oh that degree too, it got so bad the dude started to transition into a tranny halfway through the course.
>>
>>70695080
Such an AI would take an extremely massive team who are all knowledgeable about an ISA that allows its program memory to be written to, so I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>70694957
I did philosophy but it was just for shits and giggles as I hope to be self employed
>>
Is economics a meme degree thinking of switching to that possibly political science not really sure.
>>
Business management.

I know 3 people who went for this degree. None of them graduated college.
>>
>>70696053

Most of the comp sci people who went into it for the salary meme never even graduated unless they went to an easy as shit clown college.

And no CS isn't the hardest major out there but if you're a chadbro who would normally have majored in history or business you'll probably fail.
>>
>>70694593
college degree.
t. masterrace electrician
>>
>>70694593

Juris Doctor.

Bust your ass night by night, sacrifice your humanity. You say it's for a lofty goal. Sure you'll say you'll intern for a year or two at a small firm for free. But then you quickly learn that you're just another dime a dozen lawyer. You're not getting partnership any time soon. Okay you say, maybe I'll get some connections in Wall Street. Hah, fat fuckin chance bud.

Public Defender? Fuckin' kidding me? You deal with the scum of society on a daily basis, and you know most of them are guilty as shit. No matter what the fuck you say to them, if you're "lucky enough" to earn the position as PD, your clients don't listen and just RUN THEIR FUCKIN' MOUTH, and basically do the DA's job for them.

Oh, and good luck paying your student loans. Expected time of full repayment: The 12th of Never.
>>
History because I have one and no job.
>>
>>70696196

The most autistic major ever. The entire classroom would probably be Chris Chan clones.
>>
File: lol.jpg (78 KB, 570x560) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
78 KB, 570x560
My wife's friend paid $40,000 per year for an bachelors art degree in "textile design".

She now sits at home buying printed skirts, and stitching them into shirts or pants instead, and trying to sell them on etsy.
>>
>>70696525
sir did you get a JD

jesus this post is just a TAD BIT cynical
>>
>>70696552
I wish they would lead to nonacdemic jobs I love history but don't want to teach and would like to get money for my services.
>>
>>70695176

Meh, speak for yourself. I studied public relations and I got a 6 months internship and now hold a 55k job straight outta university.
>>
If you're not in finance then you're a cuckold
>>
>>70696552
History is like English, only useful if you have the right connections. In fact the degree itself is only useful in helping you forge those connections. In that respect it's not really any different than most college degrees these days.
>>
>>70695729
You honestly shouldn't be so arrogant. I thought the same thing, then my company pulled the rug out from underneath us one summer and lots of people were laid off.

From that point on, I realized how fragile all of our jobs actually are. You should always prepare for the worst and be ready if you ever do get laid off.
>>
Alright guys.

If all of these, even JD are memes.

how do you make money to support a family without being an inheritancefag?
>>
>>70695358
Honestly whatever you enjoy the most anon. We can't make that decision for you
>>
>>70694957
My philosophy professor made no bones about the only job you can have with a philosophy degree is teaching philosophy. I loved it so I took it as a double minor.
>>
>>70694593
Everything.

College is a scam.
>>
>>70694593
STEM fields
the biggest meme of all time
>>
>>70696590
That photograph is so perfectly horrible that whoever composed it must have studied art formally.
>>
>>70696411
pretty much

unless you're going to work for a think-tank or something
>>
>>70694593
chemistry or engineering.

any degree requiring a lot of hard work with little or no payoff. really sad tbqh
>>
>>70696715

You don't. That's why there's an entire new class of people who will be paying off the INTEREST of their debt until the day they die.
>>
>>70696525
I was so close to following the JD path until the year before I graduated university uni. Yeah it must great telling people that you are attending law school, but being a lawyer struggling to find work is a whole different ball game. You can make a great living in tax or IP but there's a good chance we're looking at a bubble, especially IP.
>>
Business Majors are the modern day Liberal Arts
>>
>>70696798
Any suggestions currently in a top business school but I think any business degree is honestly the biggest meme but what do I know.
>>
>>70696525

Govt lawyers make mid to upper 100k range all the way into the lower 200k's (I know one).
>>
File: 1440451991462.jpg (7 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
1440451991462.jpg
7 KB, 247x250
>>70694593
>tfw apprentice electrician
>>
Computing Science.

Jobs don't exist since pajeet is doing them for $4/hr
>>
>>70694593
>>70694957

>western civilization is under attack!
>refuses to study intellectual underpinnings of westernciv

No wonder we're losing
>>
>>70696843
I do not like that.

There must be a way, i don't want to be the kike's serf, i will break through. there must be SOMETHING
>>
Give philosophy majors shit all you want, they're actually pretty successful. It's a good major to choose if you want to go into law school because it teaches you to think critically. But let me guess: you're one of those stupid fucking STEM majors who never got laid in high school and can't write a sentence to save his life.

And as a Canadian: motherfucking native studies. What job is that going to get you?
>>
>>70696798
>picked economics for a degree
FUCK
Is there anything that's not a meme degree?
>>
>>70696641

Both fields are great if you aspire to study a form of law, but oh man the legal market is in bad shape right now. The 08 crash essentially gutted the field.
>>
>>70694593
Philosophy doesn't get you a job unless you teach but it's something worth studying, unlike most other jobless degrees.
>>
>>70694593
Is linguistics a meme degree?

I'm scared, /pol/.
>>
What you guys don't realize is that it's not about your major anymore. It's about where you go to school. An Ivy League English major will probably get a better job than a state school engineer.
>>
my manager has a masters in medieval history
>>
>>70694593

Master's in Video Game Development
>>
>>70695172
Don't you get to shoot black people tho?
>>
Emu studies.

I was forced by my local council for do it as part of their reign in my part of Australia. I fucking hated learning their language hierarchy. 5 years down the shitter.
>>
>>70695831
ACTUAL software engineering takes a dedicated team that speaks the same language and is in the same physical location.

Poo and loos will get the code monkey jobs.
We aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>70696664

>if you're not in finance then you're a goy

Fixed
>>
>>70696715
Learn Excel really well, have critical thinking skills, and be good with people. Every corporation in the country would love to have you.
>>
>>70697000
Extremely. Your job options are: teach linguistics or write books about linguistics that you then sell to linguistics students.
>>
>>70695520
everything is a meme these days.

The end of the word meme is nigh, an alternative will soon rise to take it's throne.
>>
>>70696977
I'm wondering if we have reached the point where basically all degrees are meme degrees and we won't get our investment back.
>>
>>70697005
i thought it was about your networking skills
>>
>>70694593
African Studies
>>
English degree.

Source: me
>>
>>70696976
The real red pill is that no degree guarantees you a job. You have to put yourself out there
>>
>>70696909
Good choice, dont drown in all the pussy you are about to get.
>>
>>70697069
5 pajeets > u. you arent that good
>>
>>70697091
I can do all of that. Especially the first thing, as for the last thing, i can put on any mask to fit any situation.
>>
>>70696786

Some of us are autistic and the only thing we bring to the table is being good at math and shit. Not everyone is a fucking normalfag who can make it in business.
>>
>>70697157
This, and the fact that the degree only gives you a foundation and your foot in the door. Once you're there, the rest is going to be on you. If you're not good, you'll be found out quickly.
>>
>>70696976
College is for making connections with people. Take internships, meet with professionals in the field, they will actually take time out of their day to meet with you if you show a real interest in what they do. You have these opportunities while in school, if you don't use them you're wasting your money and your time.
>>
>>70697120
That helps too.
>>
File: 1450316234916.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450316234916.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
My Trucking Degree
2 Weeks of my Life: Gone

At least my Employer Paid for it.
Not I make shit pay of $70K a year.

Some one please kill me.
>>
>>70694593
Philosophy isnt a meme degree. Its a good stepping stone for law school.

Its not like liberal arts.
>>
>>70697092
That's the problem I'm running into. Plus all the "linguist" jobs for the government/military/etc. are normally better suited to people who majored in a language or two, all translation and little to no analysis.

I'm lucky enough to be at a uni that doesn't do the Chomskyan shit, though, and it's good critical thinking practice. They teach it like an actual science here which is pretty rare.

Probably going to minor in statistics or CS and try for data analysis jobs.
>>
File: 1433370207268.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1433370207268.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>70694593
Computer Science

Honestly, if you don't program as a hobby or "dream in code" as they say, don't even bother with this degree. You will either work with Poo in Loos or nu-males if you do get a job as a developer.
>>
>>70697266
70k sounds really nice right now anon
>>
I also wanted to mention English Literature.

I took this dumbshit class called Critical Theory. I thought we were going to learn how to critique writing, styles, themes, and discuss literary works.

Instead we were trained to find things like "latent racism" or "inherent sexism" or "socioeconomic struggles especially involving African-Americans" in Shakespeare and Hemmingway. It was at this point that I discovered where all this tumblrina bullshit originated from.
>>
>>70697201
Every single hiring manager I've talked to that has been involved with outsourcing says it always ended terribly.
>>
>>70696715
learn a trade
>>
>>70696411
poli sci will be irrelevent when Trump bans the parties and fires half of DC
>>
>>70697308
Majoring in a language will net you some very cozy jobs even if you don't have any connections. Translators and interpreters are always needed, having knowledge in another field is also a bonus. I studied history, literature, psychology, and linguistics at various points of my academic career and what I make money off of know is my ability to speak Japanese.
>>
>>70697266
what will you do when autonomous trucks programmed by pajeets replace you in 3 years?
>>
>>70694593
Chemical engineering.
>>
>>70697069
>poo and loos
bro you're probably a pajeet tbqh
>>
Business
>>
>>70697402
This. Trades will get anyone a stable income. Trade school is where it's at.
>>
File: 1428694355485.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1428694355485.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
>>70697089
Not even shitting you but I majored in finance, then minored in Jewish studies

Kike friends landed me a 110K starting job at a major bank
>>
Engineering. Every single "I wun to b reech fest" fucked thinks engineering is the way to go, but there will be SO MANY engineers in 5-10 years. Idgaf though. We need to have the extremely unsuccessful In order for the top of the pyramid to make money.
>>
STEM are the biggest meme ever.

If you're a STEM major doing great in a top school then you will do utterly well in life, better than most other majors from all schools.

For the other 99%, it's the open door to a life filled with "I can do calculus so I'm better than you" self justification.
>>
>>70697320
> talks shit about one of the highest earning degrees
> must state your own degree now
>>
>>70697360
Litfag here.

Im sorry for my shitty department.

You were fucking robbed.
>>
>>70697107
The game is to be sold not told, but look for something that is widely used and safe from the looming automation revolution.

If I knew what I knew back when I was high I would have went straight into EE or Mech E. Don't study Biomed as an undergrad it will not net you a job out of college and it is basically the premed major. The job market is in very bad shape right now. You NEED experience. Everyone likes to consul themselves by saying education > experience, but they're wrong the guy with experience will get the job.
>>
Probably kinesiology have a buddy getting his it's just sad desu
>>
>>70696590
what the fuck am i looking at
>>
>>70697402
I will keep this in mind, i'm a tad young so i have to be prepared when shit goes down, thank you leaf.
>>
>>70695729
LOL you think coding will still be a thing in 15-20 years. Frameworks and designers will get so much better and technology to the point where people can drag and drop anything they want. Normal, non tech people. I am a programmer but our industry IS NOT SAFE at all for many reasons.
>>
im a communications major, which should I go for Public Relations or Advertising? I suck dick at math though.
>>
Changing economic circumstances have eviscerated middle class jobs for young people. You're either rich or poor and mostly poor.

I go to a top 20 law school. Maybe 20% of the class will graduate making $160k+ starting at big firm jobs. Everyone else will be lucky to start at $55-60k.
>>
Music

I know someone who majored in it and is now a sanders supporter
>>
>>70697091
This dude's generally right.

Most degrees aren't about what you learn content-wise at the undergrad level.* It's more about learning how to process data, how to learn things, and how to handle workload - in the context of hopefully learning something about the world.

Come out showing you can research stuff, write well, think analytically and solve problems while being a team player, and the corporate world awaits.

*Obviously if you're doing something more technical like engineering the content of your degree matters, im talking more about the liberal arts.
>>
File: Twisted.jpg (196 KB, 1761x820) Image search: [Google]
Twisted.jpg
196 KB, 1761x820
>>70697339
Meh, I do OTR Driving, Haulin' Frozen Goods.
I've been to at least 36 States.

YOU ARE ALONE, YOUR CAB IS YOUR HOME.

>>70697442
If they become available, it will take a LOOOOOONG time to implement it.

If anything, routes with clear 4G signal could have remote drivers via VR.
>>
>>70697441
Yeah, I met a guy who landed a job teaching English in Moscow to oligarchs' kids and when he met the parents one of them just flat out gave him like $1000 in rubles. They make sure you're taken care of if you teach their kids, I guess.

I'm learning Russian right now so that's looking like a pretty good option too.
>>
>>70697478
no i'm not im privileged santa barbara white male tier
>>
>>70696906

>>I know one.

ONE.
>>
>>70697601
im looking forward to those embedded systems drag and drop frameworks

/s
>>
>>70697360
I took that class too, bro.
>>
>>70697650
I'm alone anyway. At least you have pretty stuff to look at.
>>
Can someone tell me why business is a bad degree?
>>
>>70694693
You mean reality.

Unless they start opening up some philosophy or gender studies factories.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 458x390
>>70697320
What if your Hispanic?
I'm starting comp sci degree in fall
>mfw go to open house at admitted uni and only Hispanic out of all the people there for the comp sci natural sciences and math college presentation
>>
i majored in womens studies to try and get pussy and lib jobs out of college but nobody is hiring

i shouldve majored in african american studies instead
>>
>>70697747
Right now, it's what everyone goes to. It's the new Liberal Arts. It's not a bad minor though
>>
>>70697491

Beat those kikes at their own game anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>70697656
Yeah that sounds like a pretty sweet gig. You never know what opportunities will open up for you just by being bilingual and educated. In my case though it was more like a combination of luck and nepotism that got my foot in the door for translating professionally. That job didn't last long but it looks fucking great on a resume.
>>
>>70697491
Good goy.
>>
>>70697825
Fug, I chose that as a Major, with Graphic Design as minor. I might switch though.
>>
>>70697786
apply to google or microsoft you'll get an internships instantly if you can speak english you fucking quota
>>
>>70697786
It can only help you if you're halfway decent. I work at a large corporation and yes, we have quotas.
>>
>>70697747
Because it's easy earn and the amount of graduates far surpass the number of jobs available.
>>
>>70697747

Why study business when you can just start one and learn exactly what it takes to sustain one?
>>
>>70697888
graphic design? switch over to stats as a minor. or do a double major. data is everything.
>>
>>70696239
Polysci has to be the winner for me. All these kids going into debt never to even step into Washington because they didn't go to an Ivy.
>>
>>70697785

> factory job
> success

Wut
>>
gender studies
>>
Literature-History Major here planning for graduate work in Philosophy.

These degrees are memes only if the students have generally weak and stupid reasons for what can be enriching studies; also, they are usually terrible at state colleges.
>>
>>70697785
Well what most of those people end up doing is teaching or going to work for some NGO, or even doing social work and make a comfortable living with solid benefits. But if you went to university you would know that. ;)
>>
>>70697610

Are you good at advertising? What's your profile? Rational and good with words or efficient pitcher & creative?
>>
File: 46574786097859.jpg (8 KB, 178x300) Image search: [Google]
46574786097859.jpg
8 KB, 178x300
>>70696786
>tfw STEM fields are literally the only thing worth a damn and butthurt business majors rage about it 24/7
Anything you can do an engineer can do 10 times better and with half the resources. With an engineering degree, you can do so much more than engineering. I know some girl who got a bachelors in Industrial and now works for an engineering firm doing basically what a business major would do. The best part is she was chosen because engineers actually have to work for their degree unlike 95% of other majors.
>source: Aerospace engineer
>>
>>70697491
wew that is quite roguish, you will probably fit right in
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
I fell for the school and work meme altogether

Other exams, assignments and work forced me to take an exam on the last day of its availability. Little did I know that the testing center closed early on Fridays which isn't like the other campuses and I showed up at closing time expecting it to be open another 4 hours.

Talked to my professor and she's more than likely to just give me a zero which will keep me from getting an A in the class and will force me to retake it. I'll be wasting hundreds of dollars to get an A in a class I was already going to get an A in because of a simple fuckup.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x338
>Went to school for music
>Business, Engineering, Production.

If I had gone with the intent of getting a related job I would be kidding myself. Luckily I could afford to go, now I record the music I want (and it sounds good too).

>tfw my profs would openly talk about how it's more profitable to "sell the dream" than it is possible to achieve it.
>>
>>70696715
If I had to do it all over again, I'd go to a jc for the first two years for sure. Get my basics. Make sure I had my major in mind. then loan out for the last two years. Make sure you are looking at what you agree to when paying tuition though. Its a lot better if you don't live in over priced dorms, pay for a meal plan, and get a sporting pass (as per my college).

You'll still be in a little bit of debt after you graduate, but it shouldn't be too outrageous and if you chose a good major you'll be taking care of it in no time. Also look for scholarships. There are more than you think.

Also fucking banned for protecting myself from an evil dogger.
>>
>>70698052
Lots of those people make a lot of money being advisors to people with actually productive jobs. They may just be riding this current trend of political correctness, but it's very profitable at the moment.
>>
>>70698128
>my professor
>she
Enjoy
>>
File: Anime-1.jpg (91 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Anime-1.jpg
91 KB, 960x540
>>70697735
you should take-up trucking senpai.

I plan on stashing away at least $500K, then buying a Loft somewhere in a cheap place to live while I figure out what to do next.
>>
>>70696411
Economics is relatively based for the service industry.

>quant skills
>data analytics
>strong sense of arranging problems and quantifying them, using models
>decent mix of writing skills, research and presentation if you did the work

Those things will make you in-demand for almost anything corporate. Finance? They always need numbers-minded people. Consulting? All their shit is quantifying problems with models and presenting results. Law? You should have reading/writing technical language in the bag, and that'll set you up well. Policy and govt? IMF/WB/Fed all hire undergrads for analyst positions, as do most of the Departments.

You're not getting hired for your knowledge of undergraduate economic theory typically - if you want to actually do "economics" in that sense, get a PhD or maybe a MSc. However, the skills that come with it are worth the cost of the degree easily.
>>
>tfw Latino
what degree should a Latino get to become a quota?
>>
>>70697730
It would not destroy the entire industry but a big chunk. Once they figure out how to get around efficiency our days are numbered. I remember years ago DB managers who ran sql scripts for their clients who had your line of thinking. Then software came out where any user could make these scripts and report in plain English. The scripts weren't efficient but who gave a fuck, it eliminated a 6 figure salary.
>>
>>70698020
Most people i know, the best they got was teaching pol-sci in a meh college. And the dude got layed off recently, poor guy.
>>
>>70697747
It doesn't teach you anything besides skills you can pick up on the job.

Basically you're a jack of some trades, master of none.

The better option is to get a quantitative degree and then go back for an MBA.

There's a reason some of the top schools don't offer undergraduate business degrees.
>>
>>70696102
Pretty much this
>>
>>70698128

>implying tests are a form of learning

they are a form of bullshit busy work

"fill in bubble a"
"fill in bubble b"

didnt teach me a god damn thing
>>
File: FlyntWu.jpg (9 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
FlyntWu.jpg
9 KB, 295x171
>>70696251
>Kek
>>
im joining the military so im going to be getting a PHD in fucking shit up and a major in large scale war
>>
File: hooraygrossmiscarriage.png (935 KB, 1183x592) Image search: [Google]
hooraygrossmiscarriage.png
935 KB, 1183x592
>>70694593
advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMN8REGJXaA
>>
>>70698207
Apply for a government office job anywhere south of the 45th Parallel North, put "speaks spanish and is non-white" on your resume. Enjoy cozy job.
>>
>>70696654
im about to start a paid pr summer job. what are your long-term prospects salary-wise?
>>
>>70696782
It's run by women what do people expect?
>>
>>70698128
>can't even manage his time
>thinsk he will be successful

you are a failure. that is not a "simple fuckup" that is disgraceful.
>>
>>70698302

It was Ochem, no bubble filling at all.
>>
>>70698207
Pretend you want to be a community leader.

Political Science
>>
>>70698222
you can't really compare embedded systems programming to retrieving shit out of a database though
>>
>>70698350
y-you...
>>
>>70698181
>patriarchy analyst
>>
>>70694593
>not being a miner
>literally make millions
>>
>>70697797

Women don't want white knight pc cuckold fags they want strong alpha mysoginist fray bros
>>
>>70698525
It's a bullshit job but it pays well at least. Which is more than I can say about my degree.
>>
>>70697797
did you at least get pussy?
>>
>>70698557
>>70698605
no i got fucked in the ass
>>
File: 1459578169843.jpg (24 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1459578169843.jpg
24 KB, 399x388
I fell for the 'get a degree' meme and i couldn't afford to keep going halfway through because the gubmint decided that since I got a job when i started college. My aid got reduced to about half and now im stuck with 3/4 of a physics degree and working some bullshit job with no end in sight.
>>
>>70698573
what degree do you have?
>>
>>70698534
enjoy having pedro take it away for cheap, texas.
>>
>>70698369

Somewhere around 80-125k depending on where I end up being head of comms.

It's an industry average for that type of 5-10+ years of experience.
>>
>>70694957
>>70696779

Can't you get into Law school with a philosophy degree?
>>
>>70698403

Not even gonna bite that bait.
>>
>>70697442
Assuming you get a perfect AI that can react to every shit that comes up on the road, it will still never going to happen unless the DOT removes the requirement for pretrips, auto sliding tandems for trailers, weight gauges to tell if your truck is overweight, paying lumpers, getting inspected at weight stations, and other maintenance and paperwork shit. There's a lot more that goes on to driving a truck than holding a steering wheel. In addition to being a professional driver, you're part mechanic and part secretary.
>>
>>70698760
Yes you can. Many people do it.

t. philosophy student
>>
>>70698836
Is Law School a meme?
>>
>>70697491
>Jewish studies gets you a job in a bank
meme magic is real
>>
>>70698753
good to know. do you enjoy it?
>>
>>70698753

Side note: I might also decide to either go in consulting and/or start my own PR agency and fuck qt interns.
>>
>>70694593
Psychology.

Dumb cucks pay for their daughter to go and get drunk and fuck men, then get a piece of paper saying she's smart.
>>
*Insert Nationality* Studies
>>
File: anonyfagg.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
anonyfagg.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>70694593
Political science

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70698903
Why do you want to be a lawyer?
>>
File: dreams.gif (49 KB, 475x270) Image search: [Google]
dreams.gif
49 KB, 475x270
>>70694593
>the biggest meme degree
:(
>>
>>70698929

Yeah I do! The people are chill and our clients are not assholes. On the plus side, there's tons of chicks working in this field.
>>
File: 1451003038316.jpg (22 KB, 219x255) Image search: [Google]
1451003038316.jpg
22 KB, 219x255
>>70699025
To help people.
>>
>>70698760
Yeah. Philosophy and the "intellectual" arts are great for law school. But the legal market has been bad since 08 and is just getting more saturated by younger lawyers and those that already have a significant amount of experience. Being a law student/young lawyer today is one of the most stressful positions I could ever imagine.
>>
>>70694593

You go into philosophy because you want to know more about it. That is quite literally what philosophy means, too. It's a quest for knowledge.

If you go into philosophy trying to make money, you may as well shoot yourself.
>>
Accounting
Finance
Law
Philosophy
Psychology

Really anything that isn't engineering, medicine, physics or STEM related is a meme degree.
>>
>>70694593

I fell for the medicine meme. It's a great job and i'll eventually earn good money...But.

>Dont start working until 27
>no good money until 30
>0 respect from 95% of patients
>Full of dicks

The effort I put in at uni I could have easily been in investment banking killing it now

That said, its better than most other jobs in satisfaction and income, but I could be earning more.
>>
I have a poly sci degree and not even a good one that involves statistics and quantitative/qualitative research methods
>>
>>70697201
An infinity of poos in loos with an infinite amount of time will still be shit next to real cs
>>
>>70699112

I can attest to that. One of my good friends had a 4.1 GPA, got a prestigious intership that guaranteed him a job at a very respected firm. Said he didn't want to pursue this after 2 years and left everything to go in Med school.

>working 70+ hours a week for 10 years as a bitch to maybe become associate
>implying this is fun
>>
>>70696196
I am doing 3d graphic shit as a hobby and was considering doing something like that professionally so I looked into that.
There are some very expensive private schools/courses that only take in a few people and they do some incredibly cool shit in very specific fields.
And you got public universities having degress like "game design" where you learn a bit of everything, have no idea what you do though and afterwards you get an entry level job at a shitty moblie/browser game company that you could get just as well if you would have just practised some 3d software + photoshop at home for 1 year
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 273x184
>mfw I wasted 70k on a ag/stem degree but then fell face first into an awesome gubmint job with tons of security
>mfw I met a nice jewish girl who's only jewish features are big tits and money
>mfw we just bought a house with 25% down last month
>mfw 3.3% fixed apr
>mfw she's a psych but went all the way to PhD and makes 115k/year
>mfw I'm going to make 95k next year with a Bachelor's
>mfw just got a brand new F150
>mfw she just got a benz
>mfw I shed a tear when I saw my 12 year old lab jump in our new pool for the first time
>mfw both perfect credit
>mfw debt rapidly reducing
>mfw she

I have no regrets.

STEM is useless if you don't apply it to an actual career

CS doesn't actually require a degree and if you get one you're probably a fag who can't actually code or program with the big boys. It's actually like music really

Engineering is turning into law. Expensive, long hours and overrated. It's just very competitive. It could be a lot worse though. Also, you won't survive these careers without a personality.

Liberal arts degrees are not bad, they've been ruined by big departments. Creative writing should be one of the smallest and most elite degrees on any college campus. Unfortunately, any fuckwad who can use spellcheck can get in.

High schools and colleges need to work with employers more. Even four year degrees should have a trade like feel. You should be spending your senior year training on the job.

GE is a fucking waste of money and time.
>>
>>70699205
>Dont start working until 27
I realize this feels like shit but remember not everyone starts college at 18 and graduates young.
>>
>>70697555
I have a sister that took that. She has done shit all with it and has been teaching English in Asian countries for the past 5+ years
>>
>>70699205

That said you have all the nurse pussy you want even if you're average looking.
>>
>>70698933
haha. this was my second question. whether it's a flexible field in terms of branching out into consulting for maybe politicians and the like
>>70699057
that's good to hear. this will be my first "real" job. thanks man!
>>
>>70699304
>mfw I met a nice jewish girl
Kill yourself, race traitor.
>>
>>70699130
Pretty much this. Unless you plan on being an academic or using it to get into grad school for something other else, you're pretty much boned.
>>
>>70699205
>yfw i joined the navy to be a combat medic
>yfw ill get up to nurse level in schooling and be 4 years from a doctor or a PA
>yfw ill make 80k starting in the civilian world when my body starts getting hit from combat medic
>>
>friend went into philosophy
>graduated and told me he's going to travel the world for a decade (on his dad's money) before thinking about finding a job

You all fell for the being born without a $10m+ inheritance meme.
>>
>>70699130
This also applies to English degree; except you want specific knowledge about the tradition so you can either teach it or write with the best.

Most people, however, have naive dreams about being "rockstar writers" at chic magazines or popular novelists.

Studies in liberal arts should be taken seriously and it should be a holistic approach instead of specialization( I remember a graduate student at my old college who was studying 17th century English cookbooks).
>>
>>70699366

That's true, and i've done it, and turned down way more than I've had. There are huge issues with dicking nurses. They're super catty and chat heaps. You can only really sleep with 2 per ward, and you get a name for it fast.

It's like the forbidden fruit that hangs at knee height.
>>
File: 1460276690764.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1460276690764.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>70695729
>Implying

Finance grad here, 300K starting.
>>
>>70699406

>criminal calling me a race traitor

Enjoy your skin cancer mate
>>
>>70699110
Go for it, then.

The jew's love for money has carried him through everything
>>
>>70699275
And your friend is one of creme de la crop. Imagine being a student that struggled to get a 3.7 and would be stuck going to a T2/T3 school. You'd be busting your ass forever either being chronically underemployed or trying to find work. Man there were times I regretted not going to law school, but it was really the best choice I could have made. Not to mention the extremely politically correct climate and petty politics, I just don't think I have the patience after busting my ass off in the "arts." I'm just fortunate to have the chance for a career change.
>>
>>70699591
>t. pakistani terror merchant
>>70699681
ill cream UR crop you little penis gypsy
>>
>>70699437

meh. you're basically a first responder with limited knowledge and capabilities. Plus as you said, you're at nurse level which is pretty low.

Along with that, you'll still need to forego 4 years of income to peruse a medical degree, and if your flag is correct, you'll need to take out a $250k loan to study medicine, IF you can get in.

I'm second year out now and this financial year i've earned $80k (with another $15k in employer paid superannuation) and only have $30k in debts.Next year I'll be on $100k base, realistically becoming $140.

>yfw you're a nurse wiping soldiers bums, dying for the corporate jew
>>
>>70697747
If you get a business degree get a concentration in finance or accounting. Or just get an accountinf or finance degree. Works for 1-2 years while earnjng your MBA.
>>
>>70699714
>what is the GI bill
m8 american service members get free education
>>
>>70699714
AND i get paid while i go to school
>>
Try being useful in life
>>
File: 14.jpg (90 KB, 620x496) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
90 KB, 620x496
Art and design degree. I'm good at it and get away with it. I had pussy every day in college and got to know a lot of rich hipsters who buy my work, decided to quit after two years. People go to art school to learn how to do art (which is retarded) and waste 200k just to be the laughed at.
>>
>>70695352

That's not a useless degree, just a useless student.
>>
>>70695172
my friend did that and instantly got a job in the police making 60k a year and government benefits. Criminology is actually a practical degree path in law enforcement and puts you above others for detective consideration.
>>
>>70699799
>>70699830

Lel, you still need to get into medicine, which according to my seppo mates is bloody hard in the states.

If they're paying for your study I assume you're bonded to the army for a return of service following your degree.
>>
>>70699707
You can make good money in shorts and securities trading if you have the experience.

>>70699716
This. The CS and Engineering niggers laughed at me for my Business degree. They are still searching for jobs while I was hired before I graduated.
>>
>>70696196
Yeah, I know a guy not only doing this but planning a fucking MASTERS in it afterwards. I blame his parents desu, his life is gonna be so fucked.

Though I fell for the STEM meme myself tbqh
>>
>>70699932
youd be surprised, i got accepted into this program with a god tier asvab score, all f's on my transcript and an pass-advanced GED score
>>
File: phil-test-scores-salaries.png (295 KB, 1012x1817) Image search: [Google]
phil-test-scores-salaries.png
295 KB, 1012x1817
>>70697785
It sounds like you know nothing about how college degrees work.

Getting a philosophy degree doesn't mean you're going to do philosophy as your job. Getting a degree in math doesn't mean you'll do research mathematics.
>>
>>70699591

>paki making 300k
>300k rupees
>finance
>trades goats
>makes $2900 a year
>>
>>70697429
Wh-what if i chose poli sci so i could serve in the Trump Propoganda Ministey or Trump Reichsenate?
>>
>>70700126
Whatever dude where's my burger.
>>
>>70700203
you forget about the benefits, he gets first night rights on all goats he trades
>>
>>70694593
Nothing meme about it. Worth it.
>>
I might also apply for the CIA

t. Litfag
>>
>>70700247
Actually, I'm a Ph.D. student in Computer Engineering.
>>
Econfag here, it seems pretty saturated desu senpai. Trying to go to grad school, but just got rejections from my top two favored schools and am waiting for about 7 more. Fucking depressing. For now I'm just a car salesman.
>>
>>70694593
STEM
Encouraged by government with the sole intent of making machines to kill people. Entry level is shit. Work security is even worse. Take my word on this one, soon the market will be flooded with drones building drones.
>>
>>70700271
you do know the cia doesn't ever look at the applicants right? they go to harvard and yale and shit and follow people they're interested in, usually people distant from their families or people with military families, and basically make contact in a way that fills the target with excitement and badassery that leads them to usually accept the job

tldr if you didnt get a 4.6 or higher in high school the cia doesnt give one salty fuck about you
>>
>>70696953
Everyone has to study that shit. It's called general education. Nobody has to make it their major.
>>
>>70700429
>anon with military/govt agent family
>>
>>70700379
It is oversaturated. It's similar to law in that respect.
>>
G-guys, I'm majoring in Accounting. Did I fall for the business meme?
>>
>>70700379
What are your GRE scores/GPA/course background?
>>
>>70700009

What you're doing isn't medicine, incredibly far from it.
>>
>>70696674
Agreed. If you can't get set up at a university with good connections and a good masters program, you're shit outta luck.
>>
>>70700395
I always wondered why the government pushed this field so hard.
>>
I got a friend who majored in e-business. We had party for him when he graduated and when I asked him what he was going to do now, he just just said 'I don't know'. Today he's a waiter and his boss is my other friend who started school at the same time but dropped out his first year.
>>
>>70700481
Yes, switch over to Actuarial quick
>>
>>70699980

which one? financial math undergrad here
>>
>>70697579
art
>>
File: osmosis.png (106 KB, 261x243) Image search: [Google]
osmosis.png
106 KB, 261x243
I majored in philosophy and minored in business.

Three months out of college I got my first job as a database administrator.

The degree had nothing to do with my job because it's all about networking.

I got to study something I liked and still did better than all the actual business majors.
>>
>>70695172
Nigga what? You can do pretty much anything with a criminal justice degree. My University classifies it as a social science. I had to take many overlap classes with social work majors, chemistry majors, psychology majors and more. It's such a broad field that it encompasses a lot of stuff. On top of that they offered internship options to be an aid (read bitch boy) for many state politicians and recently they've opened up applications to be involved in DC during the elections being an aid for many federal workers. Shit's cash and even at a Masters level, the work is extremely easy.
>>
>Law and Engineering is over saturated
>Business and IT are being replaced by H1-B immigrants
>trades being lost to illegals and automation
>$15 minimum wage fucking over entrepreneurs
what can the American man do now?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 600x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 600x667
>>70700429
Jack Ryan, is that you?
>>
>>70700491
328 GRE, 3.0 GPA, and took the most difficult and strenuous courses with the hardest profs which subsequently fucked my GPA. I learned a fuckton, but I feel like I'm going to get beat out by the pricks who took the piss easy profs and courses yet learned almost nothing. Seriously, the lack of standardization in courses pisses me the fuck off. For my game theory we had to learn the epistemics up and down meanwhile the other prof wouldn't even get into it. The average for my class was a C, yet for the other prof it was an A. I've got boss recommendations though.
Fucking ridiculous. I speak 2 languages and am learning two more as well, plus I have AAs in two other fields. Scared shitless it still won't be enough and I'm going to be stuck where I am for a year til I can apply again, but at least my work environment is really nice.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.