[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detroit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 434.jpg (802 KB, 1526x933) Image search: [Google]
434.jpg
802 KB, 1526x933
Now, I knew that Detroit was a shithole, but even the fucking city center is full of empty lots.
How can you even go this low?
>>
Dead industry + niggers = District 9
>>
>>70694640
Oh well, I guess the upside is that you won't have trouble finding a spot to park your car in.
>>
>>70694527
>How can you even go this low?
N I G G E R S ! ! !
>>
Dindus and Democrats corruption.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFvAiQDuEo
>>
Thats the downtown?
Even my 100k town looks bigger
>>
>Detroit used to be the greatest city in the world

crazy what a lack of white people can accomplish
>>
>>70694797
Pathetic.
>>
>>70694527
those are parking lots you dummy
>>
File: marketcrash.png (19 KB, 970x620) Image search: [Google]
marketcrash.png
19 KB, 970x620
The crash of US manufacturing is the main cause of this.
>>
>>70694527

downtown lots housed things like banks and insurance companies which provided services for auto workers

auto workers leave, the wealth trickles away
>>
>>70694527

I live in MI a lot of areas of downtown Detroit are becoming gentrified. Lots of hipsters are moving in. Also we're building a new giant hockey stadium plus shopping area around the stadium I think in one of those big empty lot areas. Black people are pissed their town is being taken over by white people and they're being pushed out, it's kind of funny. No one wants to say the obvious.
>>
>>70695233

cities with actual economic development have many-layered parking garages because the property in the city center is far too valuable for a parking lot.

in other words, even if they are parking lots it is clear evidence of low property value and economic decline
>>
>>70695464

Just wait until the light rail line opens. Woodward will gentrify much more, especially when it has a direct connection to the Amtrak station (re: Chicago). Makes me wonder if the airport will bother putting a station on the Amtrak line as well.
>>
>>70694730
You can park anywhere you want its getting stolen before theres time to write a parking ticket
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1000x750
>>70694797

SHE CALLED DAT NIGGA SHREK AH-HAAAAA!!!
>>
>>70694640
The long version of this is that a booming auto industry created a huge demand for unskilled labor with competitive wages, and that brought blacks in droves. Tensions rose through the 20s and 30s, coming to a head in 1943 with the city's first race riot. Prior to that you'd had activity from the KKK in the city which had led to blacks forming their own closed off community, which in turn made more people suspicious of them. The 1943 riot led to hundreds of injuries, a couple dozen deaths, and millions of dollars in property damage, most of it in the black neighborhood. The trigger for the riot was a black man accused of rape, angry white people with guns sitting outside the jail were in a dick waving contest with armed black people sitting just across the street. Eventually somebody started shit and then people began shooting. Even though there was also a lot of enmity toward Catholics and Irish, they ended up siding with the protestant white majority against blacks and that's why the black neighborhood was overrun and mostly destroyed.

After that it was just a downward slide of depopulation. There were more riots, many businesses that had once thrived had to close or move to safer areas. Black neighborhoods became very poor, even white neighborhoods became poor. People moved into suburbs or just fled the city altogether. City's population shrank and shrank through the latter half of the 20th century which fucked the tax burden and local economy.
>>
>Tell liberal "friend" it's the local's fault their school system is shit
>"Do you even know why their schools aren't funded?"
>Yes, industry left and no one wanted to live with blacks so the property value tanked
>They funded their schools off property tax and didn't do anything when that wasn't enough
>It was their responsibility due to local rule and now the rest of Michigan is having to bail them out
>"But what about people forced to stay in those neighborhoods because of redlining?"
>Then they have the money to spare to send their kids to private school
>"Private schools are only better in white surburbs!"
>Sounds like a business opportunity then. This is exactly what capitalism is for
>Once again, it's the community's fault
>>
>>70694797
>electing women
>electing blacks

neither group is capable of civilized discourse
>>
is deadtroit a tabu in america? like. are you allowed to say it gone to hell the second piggus left?
>>
>>70696093
Bullshit. It's just the niggers.
Other cities have lost their industry and still thrived, because they're populated by white people. Pittsburgh, which is very close to Detroit, did just fine when the steel industry went to shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 1119x1174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 1119x1174
>>70694527
Detroit was for quite a while known as the "Paris of the Midwest".

Most Europeans & Americans
would bug the fuck out
if they seen how the
redistribution of American population to the sunbelts & suberbs,
globalization, loss of manufacturing, & death of the
rustbelt & frostbelt
has affected many American cities,
but especially huge swaths of examplary:
Detroit
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Rockford
East Saint Louis
Flint
Cleveland
Philadelphia
& etc.

fucked bro
>>
>>70699947
It's weird, cause it's common knowledge that Detroit is a shit hole. Nobody really gets mad or offended when you point it out, you don't get in trouble, it's like pointing out that the sky is blue. Fish swim, birds fly, Detroit is a crime ridden hellhole.

Yet you will very rarely here people talk about why it is shitty. At most they will blame it on the collapse of the auto industry, somebody will shake their fist at the gods of big business or something. You absolutely do not mention racial stuff in America unless you want to start shit. Most whites will never, ever bring up the race stuff except in private, all-white company.
>>
how do we save the cities in America? Does America have any Great Cities and more?
>>
>>70700168
Did you not read everything I wrote?
>>
I live ~20 minutes from Detroit. AMA

particularly interesting is that I can drive 10 minutes and be in the all white mansions of Grosse Pointe. Keep driving though and it gets dark and everything is notably dirty and rundown. No white people anywhere. Literally right next to each other.
>>
>>70700300
>how do we save the cities in America?

Legalize weed and prostitution, and watch the money roll in and the crime come to a halt.
>>
>>70694527
It's actually coming back, thanks more than any other one person to Dan Gilbert of Quicken. The city council actually stops him from building more, because, you know.
>>
>>70700418
Grosse Pointe is rapidly diversifying.
>>
>>70695464
Buffalo has a similar history to Detroit and currently is undergoing the same process. It's fucking hysterical to watch these areas that have been war zone shit for years come back in no time. The savages legitimately believe that the "government" (run by almost all blacks) somehow gave white peoples more money for dem programs.

The absurdity is comical.
>>
>>70694527
Unhealthy cities litterally rot. I live in Philly and it's like I'm watching it decompose in front of me.
>>
>>70700515
Exact same thing happening in Buffalo! We have a few major local developers who risked a fuck ton of their money and now that it's paying off...

Well, you know.
>>
Shit cities with crack houses should have to demolish them. Condemn and remove and put up l.e.d. street lights.
>>
>>70700501
You're more right than you now. Not because dude weed lmao either.

Rather, a huge amount of the crime in Buffalo, for example, is driven by weed sales. Heroin is rocking too, but that's mostly Puerto Rican organized crime and they generally don't destroy neighborhoods.

Weed, on the other hand, is decriminalized to the point that you can get caught with literal pounds and get it reduced to a parking ticket. So you have a black market incentive without any black market risk. You also have a larger built in consumer base than H.

Crack is essentially nonexistent these days.
>>
>>70701213
Many cities do this, but it takes time due to legal requirements for demoing a house, and money. (Approx. $60k per demo)
>>
>>70696026
My car's insured for more than its worth so that's cool
>>
>>70696026
My car's insured for more than its worth so that's cool.
>>
>>70701668
Lol not a bad idea
>>
>>70700515
look up "Shit from Shinola" on Urban Dictionary.
>>
>>70694527
Wow what a tiny little city. Never realized it was so small.
>>
>>70700701
No, thats the nigs from harper woods shitting up our school district.
>>
>>70694797

africans using british system
>>
>>70695464
>>70695679

should i buy some cheap real estate there?

i want to get rich
>>
>>70700276
South Chicago is an odd name for a suburb in Detroit
>>
>>70700701
>>70702002
Thank god I graduated from GP North a decade ago. Too many niggers from Harper woods started getting in and starting fights over "dem rich white bitches".

>>70702423
>graphical reading comprehension
>>
>>70702423
I know right?!? Chicago O'hare airport is also an odd neighborhood in Detroit. Wait a minute....
>>
>>70694527

Most of those are parking lots or "green space".

Don't get me wrong, Detroit is shit. But that's not a good example.
>>
>>70700283
alright. thanks for the info.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.