[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.democracynow.org/2016/4/ 11/headlines/john_kerry_
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: Democracynow JK Hiroshima.png (765 KB, 781x792) Image search: [Google]
Democracynow JK Hiroshima.png
765 KB, 781x792
http://www.democracynow.org/2016/4/11/headlines/john_kerry_visits_hiroshima_but_offers_no_apology_for_us_atomic_bombing

So we're just going to completely ignore the Rape of Nanking, Unit 731, and the horrific shit they did to Ally PoWs? I mean, Rape of Nanking was so bad that even a Nazi came out of that looking like a saint ("The Living Buddha of Nanking").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe
>>
>>70690735
the bombs saved japanese lives

not to mention the "why not drop the bomb where there were no people? they would have surrendered!" meme

but they didnt surrender after the first bomb.... and it killed a ton of people
>>
>>70690735
>Butthurt over an apology
>TopKek
>>
>>70690930
Should've been dropped in Tokyo desu.
>>
File: 1460339580396.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460339580396.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>70690735
>risking a land invasion of japan
>risking a join soviet-American occupation

Fuck no. There's a reason why it was only commies that whined about the bomb during the sixties. They wanted a piece of Nippon so that they could turn it into a japanese east Berlin.
>>
Obama offered to give an apology before and Abe told him not to. Japs are based.
>>
>>70690735
The united states does not owe Japan an apology for the use of nuclear weaponry. The loss of lives would have been far greater for a ground invasion, and we made the correct choice in annihilating two cities via bombs.
>>
>>70690735
Then we firebombed them to hell and back plus a couple nukes.

Frankly, I consider it a wash.
>>
The road to progress is not paved with apologies and meekness.
>>
>>70691047
I think that was the intended target.
>>
>>70690735
I fully support the actions taken to defeat the Japanese. Anyone who doesn't agree needs to stop squinting.
>>
>>70690930
>but they didnt surrender after the first bomb.... and it killed a ton of people

And it was three days between each bombing
>>
>>70690735

democracy now is pretty extreme left wing

also references to japanese war crimes are totally unnecessary (and even counterproductive) because the use of the atomic bombs was justified for military/strategic reasons alone
>>
>>70690735
nanking no real
>>
Kerry does something good for once.
>>
He was an infant when those bombs hit. He has no reason to apologize.
>>
>>70691508
That was the eventual target. Wanted to give the Japanese a chance to surrender without totally destroying them.
>>
>>70690735
Good. They attacked us.
>>
>>70691547
the firebombing of tokyo was deadlier than either atomic bombings
>>
I think the bomb was an unfortunate action that was still better than a land invasion. Which would have meant many more victims and could have also meant more hate against America and fueled it for the years to come with all kind of stories true or not, at least there was no chance for it or for Russia to come in bitchin.
>>
If the US apologizes, then it says that Japan now is the Japan of '45. What we did was put down a rabid dog that was beyond redemption. It had to be destroyed, that's why the government now isn't at all the same as it was back then, and any elements that remained have been stripped of all power and are only titles, like the royal family in the UK.

Japan has to apologize for their horrific shit though, only because now the Chinese government is using the Rape of Nanking as propaganda to rally the billion population against the West in general.
>>
Why should we apologize?
They attacked us first.
>>
>>70691047
Tokyo got firebomb. If there was a red line we crossed it long before the two nukes.
>>
File: 1456716635229.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456716635229.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>70690735
>70 years later
>boomer leftists still mad that the glorious Soviet did not get to culturally enrich the Japanese

Eat shit.
>>
>>70690735
Japan wanting apolojuice LMAO
>>
>>70691047
The firebombing of Tokyo killed more than the bombs did.

We needed fresh targets, Tokyo was already a smoldering wreck.
>>
>>70691547

They already surrendered faggot. And we (zog) had no beef with them but kept sabotaging their efforts to take over the South Pacific.

The nuking of Nagasaki and Hiroshima was a nothing more than a science experiment
>>
Questions, do you guys think a bomb on Germany would have been bad for Europe given the Fallout and the country's position, or was it negligible considering the size of the bombs?
>>
>>70692232
>They already surrendered faggot.
Dank meme, can I save it?
>>
>>70690735
So? It's not like Kerry personally bombed them. Let the past be the past.
>>
japs back then where insane they needed some hard hits
you nuked them just right: they are not killing other people anymore but they also did not become as cucked as germany
>>
>>70692504
Germany got cucked b/c of jews. Jews had no beef with japan. If jews wanted to cuck japan, they would have.
>>
>>70692504
>did not become as cucked as germany
Haha, that's funny, Jap males are the most emasculated, feeble plebs on this planet, they get their kicks from anime, fucking weebs
>>
>>70692295

Save this:
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html
>>
>>70692696
>"with the understanding that the said declaration does not compromise any demand which prejudices the prerogatives of His Majesty as a Sovereign Ruler."
>"unconditional surrender"
Nice meme friend, I got one for you to save now.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/unconditional%20?&o=100074&
>>
>>70690735
Right after Japs apologize for nanking.
>>
File: Misa_amane.jpg (26 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
Misa_amane.jpg
26 KB, 353x353
>>70690735
Trump wouldnt ignore it, common vote for trump niggers

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70692933

>with the understanding that the said declaration does not compromise any demand which prejudices the prerogatives of His Majesty as a Sovereign Ruler

Funny thing is they kept that figure head after the war. So nuking population centers as part of a sick science experiment had no relevance to the so called "demands" of Imperial Japan.
>>
firebombing cities melts people by the tens of thousands, just like an atom bomb...
>>
>>70693419
>Sovereign Ruler
>powerless figure head
I guess it would be funny if you didn't understand English.
>>
The Japanese could have surrendered even before the first bomb. They chose not to. All they had to do was give us a call. It's their fault.
>>
Japan rightfully got their shit pushed in, and are better for it now. They wouldn't be half the country they are today if they kept focusing on their military instead of their technology. The US did the world a favor
>>
>>70692232
>And we (zog) had no beef with them but kept sabotaging their efforts to take over the South Pacific.

I guess Germans did Pearl Harbor
>>
>>70693703

Oh aren't you a clever little autist. Missing the point entirely.

You want to live in a world of collective punishment where innocent women and children are murdered because of the actions of a chosen few?

The U.S. is insolvent. We could be facing the same treatment in 20 years. I don't want to be firebombed or nuked because of our traitorous government.
>>
>>70690735
The nuking of Japan is the litmus test for bleeding heart liberals. We killed far, far, far more in the firebombings of Tokyo and a military invasion would have resulted in millions of casualties on both

The nukes were an act of mercy. Not that those disgusting japs deserved it
>>
>>70694846

Apples and oranges. An attack on our navy vs nuking a population center.

Why would Japan attack Pearl Harbor what preceeded that?
>>
>>70690735

whoa, John Kerry didn't apologize like an ashamed cucked faggot?

color me surprised.
>>
File: 1460093867818.png (105 KB, 235x256) Image search: [Google]
1460093867818.png
105 KB, 235x256
2 bombs weren't enough
>>
>>70695203
he would if he could, he doesn't have the authority to though
>>
>>70690735
Japan did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70692000
Thanks, Italy. I truly appreciate your support.
>>
of course there should be an apology, this is a moment of supreme shame in American history (america has a lot of those moments).

I get that maybe in the insane anti-logic of military strategy maybe the bombing made sense, but that doesn't make it any less disturbing to unleash that level of atomic power on 200,000 innocent civilians.

We have no reason to continue defending the bombing, it's time to accept that it was an extremely fucked up thing to do and just move on.
>>
>>70695317
>anime
>more bombs
pick one faggot
>>
>>70694856
>Oh aren't you a clever little autist. Missing the point entirely.
Nice job resorting to character insults when your argument fell to pieces.

The "point" is you were wrong, tried to refute the fact, and got shit on.

In case you want to start backpedaling now, your claim was Japan surrendered before the bombs, which was proven to be incorrect.
I'll now turn it over to you for more memes and empty character insults.
>>
>>70691047
And watch Japan become totally Communist
>>
>>70690735

No apology needed. They fucking had it coming.
>>
>>70690735
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>70695579
I think that every solution is just the best compromise you could get, could anyone otherwise imagine what using a bomb would have meant, I mean when the nazis dropped a "dirty bomb" that was trying to be a nuclear one, at worst Russians thought it was gas but is not like the world cared at all, is barely mentioned.
>>
>>70690735
what was the Raping of Nanking that makes it much worse than other invasions?
>>
>>70692670
and they still aren't letting niggers in
>>
>>70691089
Imagine how shit Japan would have been/would be if half of it went to the commies
>>
>>70697296
Mass rape and piles of bodies

They even impaled infants on their swords
>>
>>70692670
Anime is only liked by a tiny minority there. At least the population wants to keep the country 99% Japanese.
>>
>>70691047
Compared to the firebombong of Tokyo, nukes are much more humane.

I'm not against the use of incendiaries or FAE's, but at a certain point their use literally becomes hell on earth, like in population dense areas with tons of wooden structures.
>>
>>70697296
It was an orgy of unrestrained genocidal violence
>>
>>70695984
There's a prevailing theory that is probably right that we nuked Japan to keep the soviets out of it.
>>
>>70692232
>They already surrendered faggot.

Its a widely accepted theory that one of the reasons they decided to nuke Japan was the fact that EVERYONE knew they would never actually surrender

They literally had a win or die mindset until they got nuked, it was the only way to fully ensure they were out of the war

And don't say a ground invasion, the allies would have lost FAR too many bodies

Also another reminder, it was the USA, UK and China that all signed off on the okay to drop the bombs.
>>
>>70690735
why would he apologize for something that happened a long time ago, during a war? fucking dumb "journalists".
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 795x883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 795x883
Best response to any whining about the nuke
>>
>>70692061
Attacking a military base is not the same as attacking civilians fucktard
>>70690930
>the bombs saved japanese lives
No, they actually took many Japanese lives.
>>70691190
>The loss of lives would have been far greater for a ground invasion
Should have been a ground invasion that only targeted Japanese troops, not civilians. Who gives a fuck if the Jap death toll is much higher as long as it's only Jap soldiers dying, not Jap civilians. Better to kill a million enemy soldiers than one civilian.
>>
>>70701100
>Should have been a ground invasion that only targeted Japanese troops, not civilians.

That's not how it works. Look at the Battle of Okinawa, where deliberate misinfo by their own soldiers led numerous civilians to take their own lives rather than surrender.

The japanese soldiers themselves proved how tenacious they could be on the Island-hopping campaigns months prior. Hell, there were holdouts still waging war against us 30 years after the war ended.

We didn't want to deal with that shit.
>>
>>70701100
Are you retarded? No fucking way a ground invasion would not involve massive civilian casualties in the millions.
>>70700952
Yeah if Japan apologizes for their significantly worse atrocities in China and the Philippians then we can talk about the nukes.
>>
>>70690930
Their was strong evidence to suggest that the Japanese would have surrendered in the next month or two. Real reason for the Atomic bomb was to immediately end the war to stop Russia from reaching japan.
>>
>>70691637
It wasn't an apology
>>
>>70692229
According to wiki the two nukes killed more than the tokyo fire bombings
>>
>>70690735
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe

Wow, just read this article. I never knew about any of this.
>>
>>70690735

Have recently been researching up on this topic. Used to think the use of the bombs was the right choice until I learned that:

1. The Japanese were unwilling to surrender because the Potsdam Declaration made the general statement that the US would prosecute the leadership of their country for war crimes without specifically making mention of the beloved Hirohito's intended fate. A lot of higher ups in the government believed they would've surrendered had the US guaranteed in that declaration that the Emperor would've been spared ( he was a symbolic leader and had no real role in the war effort ). This is reinforced by the fact that when Japan eventually DID surrender, Hirohito's clemency was the one concession they got.

2. The bombs were successful in making the Japanese surrender not so much because of their ability to disable the Japanese war machine ( which apparently would've taken thousands of A-bombs to do ), but more so because of their awesome and never-before-seen power. If that was the case, they could've been dropped on an uninhabited area as a warning and spared the nation the tragic loss of civilian life.
>>
>>70690735
It was an act of war. Not even a particularly atrocious one, as far as war goes. Yeah a lot of people died, but that's a fact of war. At least most of them were simply vaporized. Being killed by napalm or phosphorous is less humane than being killed by a nuke.
>>
>>70691047
If I recall, the firebombing of Tokyo killed more people than either of the nukes. Plus Nagasaki and Hiroshima were relatively untouched so they made good test sites for the bombs.
>>
File: 1395975722069.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1395975722069.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>70697433
Jesus christ, how depressing
>tfw no animus
>>
>>70702141
This. The US refused any talks about peace.
>>
>>70691761
We provoked the Japanese with our sanctions to rile them up. We even cracked the Japanese code before Pearl Harbor so FDR knew about the potential attacks. He decided to move the newer ships to safety and leave the older ones behind for the attack.
>>
Japan was never going to stop without us dropping nukes on them. It was absolutely necessary.
>>
http://www.doug-long.com/quotes.htm
>>
>>70707824
The basis of the war was them ambushing us and then indulging in atrocity. So yeah, fuck Tojo. Fuck your firefly grave kids who stuck their hand in a fire and were surprised that they got burned. Fuck their inflexible and idiotic culture.
>>
File: 4.jpg (57 KB, 237x234) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
57 KB, 237x234
What's the point of this thread?
They're not even asking for an apology.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.