[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did so many black people die in Hurricane Katrina because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17
File: katrina_five_30.jpg (240 KB, 982x517) Image search: [Google]
katrina_five_30.jpg
240 KB, 982x517
Did so many black people die in Hurricane Katrina because they were literally too stupid to leave?
>>
>>70688845
No its because George Bush hates black people
>>
>>70689285
And that is why we love him.
>>
>>70689285
we all know how much you love black people canada

you even let your wife hangout with them when youre not home
>>
Yes and no. Keep in mind that New Orleans had been through hurricanes and flooding before, but the levees had never breached to the degree that they did during Katrina.

Many who didn't evacuate simply couldn't. There wasn't enough public effort by the city, state or federal government to actually evacuate people. Many of the people that stayed behind stayed because they lacked transportation, or didn't think it was going to be that bad. People that went to evacuation centers like the convention center or the superdome found little help there. It wasn't until the federal government, national guard, etc. actually started evacuating people from there that the situation changed, which is why the Bush administration got so much blame for their failure to act soon enough.

Basically, some of the worst off people in the city, in some of the poorest off neighborhoods are the people who were effected most by the storm. Most of the blame can be put on a lack of preparedness by the local government however.
>>
>>70688845
>corrupt democratic government lower standards to hire incompetent police that abandon their post as soon as the going gets bad

> people, white (preppers aside) and black, too poor to leave the poorest areas and lack transportation

> levees break, forgot why they were neglected

It wasn't that they were stupid, but very much unfortunate at the risk of being called a libtard, but there was definitely shitty preparation on the part of the local government. Bush could only do so much.

It certainly didn't help that the worst of the worst in the worst ghettos were shooting at helicopters, police, and the national guard, ruining things for everyone else in their neighborhoods/areas.
>>
>>70689471

Really? So they lack 2 legs and feet to just start walking.

>mo money for dem programz.
>>
>>70689285
t. Kanye
>>
File: KatrinaChill.jpg (127 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
KatrinaChill.jpg
127 KB, 700x466
>>70688845
>See all the white people leaving,.
>So much to loot, so stay.
>>
>>70689471
Holy fuck, are black people our pets lol?

Gotta feed, house and 'educate' them. Oh and we have to remember to put them in the back of the car when we evacuate too.
>>
>>70691416
Welcome to the Democratic party.
>>
Apes can't swim
>>
>>70688845
Maybe they were too poor to leave?
>>
Black people are so stupid after years of Democratic learned helplessness that they literally can't do anything they aren't walked through 100%. Ask anyone you know that works with the homeless or in human services
>>
>>70688845
yes

but also the mayor was retarded

for days the news reported the hurricane approaching NO, and then it hit
>>
>>70689471
Wrong, well partially. The days leading up to it they said it was going be biblical if it intensified upon reentering the gulf. It wouldn't have time to turn away it was just going to nail us. They had busses to bring people out early. Very few took the opportunity. They were telling people if they stayed to write their ss# on their body so they could be easily identified. They talked about disorder, noservices and no power for up to a month. They said everything anyone would need to hear. The Superdome and convention center were shelters of last resort. They were telling people to get out they had busses together them out too you could take a greyhound d out for free.
>>
It costs a lot of money to evacuate. If you dont have extended family somewhere, your only option is renting a hotel for weeks until you can get an apartment somewhere.
It took two months before residents were allowed to come back.
>>
No joke its because the majority of black people don't know how to swim

Its also because the flooding of the lower 9th ward where the blacks lived wasn't caused by Katrina, it was caused by the failure of the levees around the Mississippi gulf river outlet, so its not like the water slowly rose, it came in all at once because the MRGO failed
>>
>>70692101
easily 50% of the problem

the mayor was too stupid to bus people out

or do anything constructive really
>>
>>70692275
>>70692325
God forbid black people have to take initiative
>>
>can't swim
>all on EBT so no cash to spend on supplies
>too stupid to keep a few days worth of rice and bottled water around (gotsta git me dem cheetoz and purple drank nigga muh EY BAY TAY came in nigguh get dat drank imma grip n sizzip)
>even if they have a car either their license is suspended or the car is in such bad shape it wouldn't make it out of NO
>mayor at the time basically wanted them to drown, probably saved a lot of lives by killing off the worst of the worst and stupidest of the stupidest negroes

The whole thing was a clusterfuck, though essentially the blacks that died killed themselves, just in a very roundabout way.
>>
File: computersareracist.png (304 KB, 620x582) Image search: [Google]
computersareracist.png
304 KB, 620x582
The real problem is that water is raycist.
>>
Imagine typical stupid fat southern niggers.

They're fat. They can't walk too good. Many living government paycheck to government paycheck (what's a fucking internet? shit gets mailed to my house! how would I go elsewhere if I can't get my check?) Fuck that white noise on TV, storm will be okay. It's not, and public transit breaks down.

What the fuck do you do? You're basically screwed.

Not that I care. Why should it be the white man's job to save their lazy black asses. But still, a couple hundred or couple thousand died needlessly - not all through their own fault.
>>
Most of America had no idea how nigged Nawlins was. Before Katrina they were setting record violent crime and poverty levels. But most people didn't care because they never saw it-it was truly a segregated city. Tourists would show up for Mardi Gras but the shit-tier government would at least attempt to shield them from the niggardy to get tourist money. But the fucking place was 3rd world tier. So many niggers drowned because they were niggers. They lacked the resources and intelligence to do anything besides continue nigging.

And after Katrina when they bussed all the niggers to Texas, some people finally realized how bad they actually were.
>>
because the black police ran, and when the army came, the niggers started shooting at them
>>
>>70691416
>are black people our pets

It's literally how they evolved and learned language in the past 10,000 years, by clinging on to other races and leeching off their functioning civilizations.

Once they're cut off from their masters scraps they go feral and revert back to their animal form where they have to compete *unsuccessfully* with the other animals..... which is why their only destiny outside of civilization is starving to death.
>>
>>70691933
Here's a suggestion
>>
It would disgust most of you to know how really helpless poor blacks are without a white to tell them exactly what to do----Worked in human services
>>
>>70688845
African Rockfish are not a species known for their intelligence.
>>
Can we be fair here. It wasn't the hurricane that claimed so many lives although it was a swath of destruction. The levees broke causing monumental flooding and people who stayed, weathering the storm, were destroyed not only their lives but their every possession that the storm overlooked.
>>
>>70688845
Blacks cannot mentally model possibilities as well as others and so they take more risks because they do not see why they shouldn't.
>>
>>70689918
Their legs were too busy taking their bodies to the nearest store for looting purposes.
>>
File: depot.jpg (84 KB, 380x235) Image search: [Google]
depot.jpg
84 KB, 380x235
There were tons of buses sitting unused that eventually ended up being flooded instead of being used to evacuate residents. One smart nigger teen stole one before the storm hit and picked up people in his neighborhood and drove them to safety. But for every person like him that took initiative, there were thousands more who were victims of learned helplessness.
>>
I remember reading that when the military came to bring order to the super dome some of the soldiers said they felt safer in Iraq. That the looting and violence was so bad it was like something out of Lord of the Flies.

To be honest I've never lived around many blacks poor or not (Minnesota) but that just seems impossible. People join together and help each other during emergencies.... right? It doesn't make sense to start killing eachother.
>>
>>70691126
What am I looking at!?
>>
>>70693564
Poor black culture is disgusting. You are mistaken in assuming they would help each other when there are nikes to be looted
>>
>>70693310
Is it bad that a teenager committing grand theft auto had more sense then the majority of citizens in the area
>>
>>70688845
They listened to the government and trusted them inside the death domes.
>>
>>70693564
Blacks in peacetime and non-emergencies kill each other for sport or over shoes.
>>
>>70693564
There is a difference between our races.
>>
>>70692980
I'm a copfag in one of the poorest ghettos in the USA. This man speaks the truth. It's fucking astonishing how helpless and unashamed of that helplessness grown black men are.
>>
File: niggershavebeenreplaced.jpg (149 KB, 960x735) Image search: [Google]
niggershavebeenreplaced.jpg
149 KB, 960x735
>>70688845
Stupid dindus demon nigger killer hunter will own you

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/demon-nigger-69
>>
File: 1441739089389.jpg (8 KB, 201x325) Image search: [Google]
1441739089389.jpg
8 KB, 201x325
>>70688845
>Did so many black people die in Hurricane Katrina because they were literally too stupid to leave?
well at first in that area are not much other peoples then blacks thats why mostly blacks died.
2nd: people say blacks are bad swimmers.
>>
>>70692275
Fancy just sitting there and dying rather than pay for a hotel or ring your auntie
>>
>>70693310
>One smart nigger teen stole one before the storm hit and picked up people in his neighborhood and drove them to safety.

If true, that's admittedly a cool kid.

On topic, I think it's because the poor black community deeply distrusts the white man and the government (despite being entirely dependent on both in some way). So, when they heard them saying how bad it was going to be, I doubt they took it seriously.
>>
File: 1457407288291.jpg (255 KB, 816x552) Image search: [Google]
1457407288291.jpg
255 KB, 816x552
>>70688845

Black people can't swim
>>
>>70689471
they jus needed mo money fo dem programs
>>
>>70688845

It's not their fault.

Had the infrastructure been properly maintained, the levees wouldn't have broken, as others have said.

Louisiana's disaster culture is like Texas's coastal culture.

When a hurricane comes, you board up the windows and prepare to have no power or utilities for a while, because otherwise you're going to be evacuating every other year.
>>
>>70689471
>which is why the Bush administration got so much blame for their failure to act soon enough.

Why is it the federal governments problem? The way I see it, the citizens on New Orleans rolled the dice by living in a city BUILT BELOW SEA LEVEL.

Same thing goes for those faggots in California that get set on fire every few years, or those tornado alley dipshits who get turned into mashed potatoes like clockwork.

They chose to live there. Not my problem.
>>
I did a 12 page report on this a few years ago.
The short answer is: Yes.
Only 100% paper in the class baby.
>>
>>70688845
>Did so many black people die in Hurricane Katrina because they were literally too stupid to leave?

Yes

>But there was another human failing that was far more ominous. No commission will study it, and official America will refuse to learn from it. In the orgy of finger-pointing it will be all but forgotten. That human failing — vastly more significant than the ones the commissions will investigate — is the barbaric behavior of the people of New Orleans.

>New Orleans is 67 percent black, and about half the blacks are poor. Of the city’s 480,000 people, all but an estimated 80 to 100 thousand left before the hurricane struck. This meant that aside from patients in hospitals and eccentrics in the French Quarter, most of the people who stayed behind were not just blacks, but lower-class blacks without the means or foresight to leave.

http://www.amren.com/archives/back-issues/october-2005/

>I noticed an awful lot of black people — men, women and children — running down my street excitedly, and wondered what was going on. I soon had my answer as a caravan of shopping carts from the Wal-Mart down the street headed back. The carts were loaded with food, basketball shoes, plasma TVs, and all sorts of electronic gear. I remember one older black lady pushing a cart jammed full of Tide laundry detergent. One black boy of about eight was struggling to keep up with the others because the cart he had filled with goodies had a bum wheel. The looting was definitely a family affair. Nice values to teach your kids, I thought.

>It was beginning to get dark outside when it dawned on me that once the stores had been fully looted, the looters would turn to the houses. I grabbed the shotgun from my roommate’s closet (he worked as a chef at the Superdome and had decided to go stay there Sunday morning). Just my luck: no ammo.

http://www.amren.com/archives/back-issues/march-2006/#cover
>>
>>70695076
No way that story is real.
>>
>>70688845

I watched the hurricane passe by sitting on Indian Rocks Beach in Clearwater FL, during a particularly hard time in my life.

Afterwards I walked the two blocks home and popped on the TV. Ray Nagen couldn't have sounded less urgent, requesting ppl evac New Orleans.

Those black assholes sat around and partied, thinking the levees would hold, even tho it is/was an open secret that any federal funding to them went into local officials' pockets and not into the safety of the city.

Everyone in New Orleans was to blame, from the top to the bottom. They all deserved it and had it coming. ANY city should be able to fend off a cat 2, especially a gulf coast city.

GWB and FEMA did nothing wrong. SRS, FUCK Louisiana and FUCK New Orleans and FUCK all those niggers.
>>
>>70695578
And look how far it's got you
>>
>>70695076
>oh shit, DeKendrix is drowning
>I'll save him
>Oh shit, JaTavious is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>I'll save him
>Oh shit, Takeitha is drowning trying to save JaTavious who is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>I'll save her
>Oh shit JaMarcus is drowning trying to save Takeitha who is drowning trying to save JaTavious who is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>I'll save him
>Oh shit Litrelle is drowning trying to save JaMarcus who is drowning trying to save Takeitha who is drowning trying to save JaTavious who is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>I'll save her
>Oh shit Latevin is drowning trying to save Litrelle who is drowning trying to save JaMarcus who is drowning trying to save Takeitha who is drowning trying to save JaTavious who is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>I'll save him
>Oh shit LaDarius is drowning trying to save Latevin who is drowning trying to save Litrelle who is drowning trying to save JaMarcus who is drowning trying to save Takeitha who is drowning trying to save JaTavious who is drowning trying to save DeKendrix
>Please missuh white man please save my babies
>>
>>70695076
challenge: find a blacker collection of names than that pic
>>
File: 1445741092736.jpg (210 KB, 1024x812) Image search: [Google]
1445741092736.jpg
210 KB, 1024x812
wew lads
>>
>>70695125
Living in a hurricane prone area just makes it even more common sense to have some plan. You don't even have to pack up all your shit. Literally grab a change of clothes and your kids and go for a drive.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 179x282) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 179x282
What happened at the new orleans?
>>
>>70692505
really edgy shit there

some aussie level bait
>>
>>70695648

nah its niggers, everything goes
>>
>>70695947
patricia didn't hit a city full of niggers juan
>>
>>70689918
Like he said, not enough public effort to warn, makes it seem less of a threat.

Black people weren't the only ones who died, and people are always hesitant to leave their homes, if you see the news during a hurricane warning, there's always someone on the news who says they'll wait it out in their homes.
>>
>>70696089

To be honest, if you were a nigger, and you KNEW you lived around a bunch of other niggers, would YOU trust your neighbors to not loot your shit if you took a drive?
>>
>>70696187

there was plenty of warning. I don't even live there and I knew they needed to get the fuck out.
>>
The hurricane wasn't even bad. It was the poorly maintained levees breaking and flooding a few days later that caused such a big mess.
>>
File: fukushima vs katrina.jpg (334 KB, 1243x962) Image search: [Google]
fukushima vs katrina.jpg
334 KB, 1243x962
>>70688845
because, in a crisis, monkeys without a troop leader, are headless chickens
>>
>>70691933
>>70692852
Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2vekGuV8xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kOJVZteIJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12nGEauhFNc
>>
>>70692245
So much this
I remember him sitting in a chair with his feet on a desk watching the impending ass kicking on a tv monitor and milking the attention.
He was a retard with no leadership skills. He was an affirmative action mayor.
>>
File: 1440452530404.jpg (42 KB, 501x373) Image search: [Google]
1440452530404.jpg
42 KB, 501x373
>>70695634

>One “brutha” was selling stolen leather New Orleans Saints jackets from the sports store. Another “brutha” was selling 25-year-old Saints memorabilia from the office of Saints owner Tom Benson. Somebody else figured out how to fire up the portable propane grills in one of the kitchens and started selling burgers made of three-day-old unrefrigerated meat. The place caught fire and filled with smoke. The Guard soon put the fire out, and the happy chef was hauled away in cuffs and leg irons screaming “I ain’t did nuthin’ wrong. These crackers gonna shoot me an I ain’t did nuthin’.”
>>
>>70696499
That quake was worse too.

There is another picture of them lining up around a building for supplies
>>
>>70696766
>>70692245
Now he's in prison, surprise
>>
>>70696113
the city is actually better being hit by a cat 3 than niggers
>>
>>70696089
You'd think, but I was born in South Louisiana and went back for school. When there's any sort of weather warning everybody rushes to the nearest Walmart to buy out their vodka stocks. Not bottled water or shit, everyone just stocks up on liquor. I'm not exactly sure why, it was stupid as all fuck in retrospect but we all did it myself included, I think it is just a cultural thing
>>
>>70696878
>Now he's in prison, surprise

Because of the mayorship or this previous job as President of Comcast?
>>
Leave your home now and start walking
Out of the state
Could you do it?
>>
>>70695634
Another excuse for staying is because it's all they had
>>
>>70696499

The local Yakuza actually had "patrols" around the empty neighborhoods to fend off Chinese migrant workers that were looting the area.

...At least that is what the Yakuza claimed they were doing when their presence exploded in evacuation areas.
>>
>>70689471
>tfw worked for city
>tfw would blaze in levee pump room

Prob about what happened
>>
>>70688845
No, a lot of them shot each other.
>>
>>70697047
considering I live in south florida, no but I was raised knowing how to stock up and stay put
>>
>>70696966
Mayor

>In 2014, Nagin was convicted on twenty of twenty-one charges of wire fraud, bribery, and money laundering related to bribes from city contractors before and after Hurricane Katrina and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/18/us-usa-crime-nagin-idUSBRE90H12U20130118

Surprisingly this wasn't headline news when it broke. Same with many other black leaders being arrested.
>>
>>70688845
Not enough.
>>
>>70697064

Yes because the mayor has plenty of buses for me to hop on and leave town
>>
Reminder that emergency warnings were issued prior to Katrina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkruQZpQ2g8&nohtml5=False
>>
>>70697268
>Surprisingly this wasn't headline news when it broke. Same with many other black leaders being arrested.

Like the Mayor of Detroit, IIRC.

I remember reading how some black ruled government bodies (eg cities of Detroit and Flint, Detroit Public School) would see-saw between normal operation and emergency rule by a state-appointed official. Each change would be herald as a sea-change, of getting a handle on the incompetence and corruption of the previous regime, like how African countries will bounce from military rule to civilian control and back again. Each new government will fix the problems caused by the old and get the country back on track.
>>
My mom delivered fema campers after it happened, she would move campers around the country to sell. Big contract. She had some serious horror stories.
She said she went down with a convoy of twenty, on the way they wanted to pull in and sleep for the night at a truck stop, driving for over 16 hours. They pull in and see hundreds of nigs burning trash, tires, whatever around fires. They all get up and walk towards them. Lead tells them to keep going, so they pull out and go. She gets to the national guard staging area. There is barb wire and fence, armed guards and towers. They pull in and stay for the night, the guard says that its good they didnt stop. The previous group did and 4 of them got robbed, one shot. They slept the night there. Heard gunshots 15 times, mostly the guards shooting at looters and gangs. It was attacked in the night once and driven back. Mom noped the fuck out and came home after that. The news didnt even report half of what happened. Thousands of people died after hurricane Katrina and very little of it was caused by the storm.
>>
we wuz swimmers and shit nigbbrlbrlbrlbrlbrlrblblrblbllrb
>>
>>70697268

And people like to stereotype white collar crime as a white people thing, but I'll be damned if 80% of blacks in political office aren't corrupt as fuck. They definitely have us beat on that.
>>
>>70689471
Kind of shitty to blame, most of the blame fell on naggin, who i am pretty sure is in prison now. The money that was supposed to fix the levies was squandered on god knows what, plus the governor held back aid for 24 hours, a state right.
>>
>>70697744
Yeah, Kwame Kilpatrick

Of course it's Rod Blagojevich that gets headlines for months and he didn't even hurt his city, just took bribes for Obama's Congress seat
>>
>>70697926
Well if the hundreds of niggers killed in chicago every year doesn't get reported that certainty wont. Just shows you that black lives in fact do NOT matter to anyone.
>>
>>70695759
It was an upper-tier Cat 3.
>>
>>70698284

It was cat 5 at one point but I could have sworn it was upper cat 1/ lower cat 2 when it made landfall.

Either way, any gulf coast city should have been prepared. I lived through all sorts of cat 4s and 5s during my FL tenure without a scratch, just lots of lost power.
>>
>>70688845
Yes many believed that buses were coming to get them. Others that did leave didn't take essentials to survive on the road and ended up as desperate refugees with lots of worthless belongings they couldn't haul.
>>
>>70698214
especially to niggers.
>>
>>70688845
People who live in/around the city are fantabulously poor. Like, not even having cars. Simply "leaving" was not a viable option, for some. Other people, were complacent; There hadn't been a hurricane touching down in New Orleans in decades. Even hurricanes making landfall even 30 miles to the west or the east are relatively common, and people know it's happening at least twice a year.

But here's the funny part. Not even the natives, but the people who go there to party, year round? They didn't know what the fuck was happening. My mother had squared away a few days, and it still wasn't 100% certain the Hurricane it would land there. But as the time got closer and closer, being a Floridian, she could see the lines all coming together, and she up and left her hotel and the city a few hours before it came in. But, she was aghast. The people mulling in the street were oblivious and unaware something was about to happen.

I legitimately wonder how many tourists died, just from meandering between bars, when the storm surge came in.
>>
>>70691568
It's hilarious if you think about it. The way liberals and leftists talk you can see they see them more like pets, or some cute critters we need to take care of rather than actual human beings.

Racism if lower expectations is a scary thing. It keeps us from laughing at the misfortune of dumb people and celebrating them being weeded out by natural disasters and feel bad for them. Like some tiny bunny being eaten by an eagle.

Seriously anyone who didn't get out in time was either an idiot and ended up dying or knew they could make it all along, didn't give a damn and did.
>>
>>70688845
Those with enough brain cells to leave came to Houston. Unfortunately they're still here
>>
>>70696178
It also helps when you don't build a city below sea level when it's located on the coast.
>>
>>70698460
It was cat 3 when it made landfall. Regardless, Andrew was category 5 when he landed and I remember as a kid waiting in line just to ENTER a store to BUY supplies.
>>
Lots a blacks were displaced because property ownership records after generations of extended family nonsense lead to ownership battles.
>>
>>70689471

A well thought out post that will undoubtedly be met by memeposting and accusastions of cuckoldry.
>>
>>70698705

I remember Andrew, crazy shit. In the 2000s, Ivan and Floyd were my favorites.
>>
File: statement.png (66 KB, 666x881) Image search: [Google]
statement.png
66 KB, 666x881
>>70688845

Yes
>>
File: busty.jpg (638 KB, 668x1229) Image search: [Google]
busty.jpg
638 KB, 668x1229
Well the Black Mayor and Governor refused to evacuate until the last minute. And FEMA cannot intervene unless the state gov't invites them in.
>>
>>70698702

Well in all fairness the frogs are to blame for that, not niggers
>>
File: 14505 (1) (1).jpg (100 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
14505 (1) (1).jpg
100 KB, 720x720
>>70695817
fuckin' hell
>>
>>70692683

This desu.

Right after the influx of nogs in Houston the crime rate skyrocketed.
>>
>>70698828
Yeah it was really bad. I sell auto insurance and I can count on one hand how many insurance companies that sold homeowners policies in Florida then still do. Nearly all that did went bankrupt and the big ones were damn close to it.
>>
>>70696325
I was in Iraq at the time and still heard all the warning to get out New Orleans for about two days prior.
>>
>>70698922
what's her name?
>>
CSPAN did a great 10 year anniversary documentary. They interviewed a old black lady who complained that there wasn't any ice water.
>>
>>70688845
EXACTLY BECAUSE DEY DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>70688845
I'm from New Orleans and I can confirm this is exactly what happened.

All the white people left and the nignogs stayed. The dumbass governor lady didn't know she was supposed to send in the national guard. Blacks began to have withdrawals from crack. Entropy.
>>
>>70689471
>I cant be responsible for myself, so others must render aid to me because of my failure to be self sufficient
>feel the bern
>>
>>70688845
1) The vast majority of hurricanes don't get that bad. Katrina's aftermath was completely unprecedented. I understand if they didn't feel that much pressure to leave. I've never evacuated for a hurricane either.

2) Looming disaster traffic is fucking insane and a lot of people that tried to leave were stuck on the bridges that were destroyed. Imagine how fucking scary that was.

3) The delay of relief is one of the state and national governments biggest blunders. There's much better preparation and response to far less threatening weather these days.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvSnChA8j8
>>
>>70695000
Unfortunately it didn't make him stop dealing drugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabbar_Gibson
>>
>>70698702
They built the city above sea level. The sea level rose around the city.

Think it through. You think the sucked all the water out of a giant hole to build a city? Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>70699447
>Gibson already had an extensive criminal history, including numerous arrests and a prior conviction for possession of a stolen automobile. He had two pending cases before Hurricane Katrina, for possession of cocaine and for aggravated assault with a firearm. He was released from jail on the assault charge nine days before the storm hit.

Allah

I was expecting he was killed by then.
>>
>>70698681

Damn right. Fucking nogs took that crime rate and fucked it up real good.
>>
>>70699398
Actual weather bulletin issued by the National Weather Service:

WWUS74 KLIX 281550
NPWLIX

URGENT — WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
1011 AM CDT SUN AUG 28, 2005

...DEVASTATING DAMAGE EXPECTED...

HURRICANE KATRINA...A MOST POWERFUL HURRICANE WITH UNPRECEDENTED
STRENGTH... RIVALING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANE CAMILLE OF 1969.

MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.

THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.

HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.

AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES
AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.

POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
KILLED.

AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
CERTAIN WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS.

ONCE TROPICAL STORM AND HURRICANE FORCE WINDS ONSET...DO NOT VENTURE
OUTSIDE!
>>
>>70697074
I worked for City of Cincinnati Sewer District for a while, the amount of weed smoked on site is incredible.
>>
>>70699844
Anything over a cat 2 gets similar warnings.
>>
>>70699844
Yeah but niggers don't know what a weather report is or why it would be interesting. When their radio station stopped playing music for a NOAA warning they turned it off or put on a CD.
>>
>>70689443
You guys have more black people then we have people...
>>
File: nigging out.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nigging out.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>wanting to leave your home unguarded when you KNOW there will be niggers looting everywhere within about 5 minutes of the hurricane hitting
>>
>>70700159
No. Stop shitposting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Weather_Service_bulletin_for_Hurricane_Katrina

It was unprecedented. Maybe you were too young and now are just talking out of your diaper but nothing you've posted has any semblance of reality.
>>
>>70696178
It's true, Mexicans can atleast swim
>>
>>70700290
Not if we only count them as 3/5 of a person.
>>
>>70700421
Where do you even live?
>>
>>70689285
You shouldn't hate people that are disadvantaged.
They start off poor. They have a toxic black culture to deal with. That's why any blacks that work their way out that deserve our respect.
I'm an atheist but the above is based on Christian values.
>>
>>70689471
And now those poor neighborhoods can become gentrified and high rises sold to rich Jews and Chinese. Bless you Katrina!
>>
People died because of levies breaking and people afraid to leave their possessions because of looting. Katrina was also the costliest in terms of property damage.
>>
>>70691416
By cultural and political design. Forever slaves either outside or inside of prison.
>>
>>70700392
>pulling the money out one bill at a time

ffs man
>>
>>70695648

Unless the BBC has been hacked, it's real.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11172054
>>
>>70693564

Remember black people hate whitey, but they each other even more
>>
>>70701150
They don't like what water do to they hair.
>>
>>70700392

>Around blacks
>Relaxin'

wew lad
>>
File: crawfish.jpg (149 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
crawfish.jpg
149 KB, 500x334
Where to begin???

Some nigs were just too stubborn to leave. It's that simple. Poverty is no excuse. They could have left if they had wanted to. Those of us in the south who are surrounded by blacks everyday can attest to a strange pride that affects black behavior. They cannot show weakness or be wrong...ever. A lot of them were intent on staying put no matter what.

Also, the aftermath of hearing about the 9th ward, a site of supposed great historical significance, was difficult. The 9th ward was and is one of the worst slums in America. Every piece of earth is historic to the people who live on it. The hurricane became a great social issue. Whites who had actually lost all of their worldly possessions were pissed off at people, many of them black, who garnered all the national sympathy despite having practically no wealth, possessions, or accomplishments or productivity to their names.
>>
Not a lot of people tell this and few stories are coming out now about how fully fucked up Katrina was, and even then most people just brush it off as fake or rumors.

But Katrina was a complete war zone. There was constant gun fire between gangs/looters and the NG. Many street gangs used the oppertunity to try and take out people of interest or just have all out war between each other because they are so petty that not even Katrina would stop them from fighting.

Quite a few police stations where completely destroyed not because of the storm but because gangs raided them. Lots of fighting among people too in the relif lines.

There's one story about how nigs would actually shoot at the helicoptors dropping off supplies/taking people and that would actually try to hijack helicoptors and other military vehicals/equipment.

Man people cry racists when the news had the picture calling black people looters but it was the truth. Lots of blacks where coming in to the shelters and safe zones with bags of new expensive items that weren't cloths.
>>
>>70692480
underated
>>
My friend lived on St. Charles and ended up staying back with a cop friend to protect the old people in his building from nigger looters.

They would get on the roof of the building with their AR-15s and watch niggers loot buildings in packs.

He told me every night was a firefight and he picked off niggers until the national guard came in several days later.

He said it was brutal, and it turned him from a nigger loving jazz musician to a fucking anti-nigger. He told me the nigs would gang rape women. He'd pick them off if the woman was white.

Brutal shit.
>>
>>70695947

Don't forget the baby rapes.
>>
>>70701925
>>70703453

That's wild how quickly and extremely the hallmarks of civilization unraveled.
>>
>>70688845

No they drowned because they are literally too stupid to swim
>>
>>70689471

Hurricane Ivan from the previous year was still in recent memory. That one was supposed to be devastating. I remember being in the car on the highway for like 10 hours or something awful. On the last day before hitting nola it swerved and fucked Florida instead. A lot of people thought the same would happen and instead stayed home.
>>
>>70688845
Because Blacks cannot swim.
/thread
>>
File: 1448271577423.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1448271577423.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>>70699844
As a Californian, if I heard this on the emergency broadcast I would dig the fuck in immediately. I'm so used to government-speak being so tame and "remain calm" type of bullshit, hearing them talk about imminent death freaks me the fuck out.

>mfw The Big One could happen at any time here

Thank God I don't live near the coast or a fault line, and this city was built on solid bedrock. I still keep my rifles handy for the immanent wave of rapefugees that will come streaming out of SF and LA.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.