[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any of lads give me some info on the connection between Mithras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Mithras.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Mithras.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
Can any of lads give me some info on the connection between Mithras and Jesus?

Not here to shit on anyone, I just keep hearing this stuff of the connections between each other and if theyre correct

>pic kinda related but I dont know
>>
File: mithras.head.gif (162 KB, 700x340) Image search: [Google]
mithras.head.gif
162 KB, 700x340
Why am I posting this shit, someone help me
>>
>>70684246
Look up Saturnalia. I think that relates
>>
>>70684246
like every other Christian allegory, there's fact (Jesus the actual person, doing his actual shit) mixed in with the fantastic (loaves of bread, curing people, coming back from the dead.) The fantastic parts of the religion, especially the holidays, steal heavily from the Romans, Christmas and Easter in particular. Don't know much about Mithras or his connection with Jesus the Allegory as opposed to Jesus the person but it's not that much of a stretch to see the Christians stole one more other thing
>>
>>70684246
Merry mythras - cage>>70684246
>>
>>70684802
easter named after a germanic fertility goddess "eostre".

>>70684246
>>70684405
jesus born when shepherds tending flocks --- not in fucking december

jesus' family fled to egypt when he was a toddler - he might have been influenced by other relgions/philosophies while there and attempted to incorporate them into contemporary judaism until he realized how corrupt the statas quo was; then he destroyed judaism as it was known in the 1st century.
>>
>>70686460
>jesus' family fled to egypt when he was a toddler

Good thing he didn't come to America or they would have shot his illegal immigrant ass and persecuted him for not speaking English.
>>
>>70686460
>easter named after a germanic fertility goddess "eostre".
I realize that it's cool to pretend that English is the only language that's mattered in all of history, but the events of Holy Week are refered to historically, and in contemporary theology, as the Pasche.
>>70686460
If you're working chronologically, Jesus was probably born around the time of Shavuot, which does some really neat things theologically when you consider that Pentecost happens then as well (the Word physically coming into the world and the Spirit descending like tongues of fire).
Liturgically, December makes more sense as it creates connotations with the revolt of the Maccabees, which a lot of Jews expected their Messiah to embody and creates a sense of dissonance during Lent when Jesus is very much not that.
It's a matter of managing time in a matter of cronos or kairos.
>>
>>70684802
>>70684246
Christianity borrows from lots of different traditions
It was myth making. People told and wrote these stories to give meaning to their lives in a world 2000 years ago.

What's striking is how many things people treat as facts are just another element of the storytelling. Eg everyone admits he existed and was crucified, right? But that's a bad assumption because it's based on an early saying attributed to Jesus that mentioned how his followers had to bear the cross like he did. But that was a saying back then just like it is today. Not a reason to believe he was actually crucified. (The most accurate picture we have is just a collection of pretty whacked out sayings attributed to Jesus; the whole narrative Jesus story was made up like 40 years after he died, based on the sayings)
>>
>>70684802
Constantine is notorious for adding paganism to the bible
>>
>>70684246
None other than the date the Romans chose to celebrate his birthday, Sol Invictus. You need to unzeitgeist.
>>
Look up the myth of osiris and isis, also very similar. If you have time listen to "the hour of the time" by Bill Cooper.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.